PDA

View Full Version : Pastel 100

Dcam
03-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Well I walked down to the mailbox today and to my delight, there was the new edition of Pastel Journal, cool. brought it in and made some coffee, sat in the lazyboy chair and flipped the pages. This was the special issue of the winners in the pastel 100 contest......OH MY GOSH!!!! I am a little jealous cause I entered in a really tough area, probably the toughest "Landscape". Anyway jealousy soon passed and awe and admiration set in....the work is just super and I mean super. You have to get the mag if you don't have a subscription. After checking out the lovely works I just wanted to get into the studio. I am so inspired. I liked every category. Enjoy.

Derek

Donna T
03-04-2010, 05:17 PM
I entered in the "Snowball's Chance" category too Derek and look forward to seeing the winning paintings. I wish my magazine would get here sooner. I won't see mine for two more weeks. I'm glad to hear it is inspiring you to pick up your pastels, not that your work in acrylics isn't outstanding! :D

saramathewson
03-05-2010, 10:05 AM
i am always one of the last to get mine except for those overseas. Plus, we just moved so it may take even longer for the forward.

Sara

westcoast_Mike
03-05-2010, 11:26 AM
I received mine the other day as well. I enjoyed seeing examples of the Judges work as well as that of the winners.

granddad
03-05-2010, 01:24 PM
I read mine cover to cover as soon as I got it like I always do. The paintings were outstanding. I even took the mag to work and showed my co-workers. I told them, "you see, this is what you can do in pastels and one day I'll do it". I got high hopes I know, but practice, practice and more practice and hopefully one day, right? james

robertsloan2
03-05-2010, 03:13 PM
I haven't got mine yet but I'm looking forward to it!

Dcam
03-05-2010, 03:33 PM
James: YES you can do it!!!!:wave: derek

robertsloan2
03-05-2010, 03:57 PM
I spoke too soon, by less than an hour! My son in law Karl just came upstairs with a big package and my copy of the Pastel Journal! "You got all the mail today."

I am so happy I did!

sketchZ1ol
03-05-2010, 05:25 PM
hello. I'd bet good money there's at least one of WC's 'dusty's' in there.
And thx's to you fine people for being in this community (you know who you are - backpats and bows to you).
:) Ed

KariTirrell
03-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Well there's me, for one!! And I don't even have my copy yet, or the extra copies from the magazine. I've been watching the mailbox, but nothing yet.:(

It's only an HM for me, but I was thrilled!

saramathewson
03-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Congratulations Kari!

I can't wait to get my copy of the magazine.

Sara

KariTirrell
03-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Thanks, Sara! I can't wait either. Except I have to. But I'm so looking forward to seeing it.:)

robertsloan2
03-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Congratulations, Kari! I love that painting, your dog looks so cool laying in the sunpatch.

Deborah Secor has an Honorable Mention in the Abstract category, last place I expected to see her work. It's beautiful too.

I think if I got an HM in this I'd be floored, everything in this competition is so incredible.

KariTirrell
03-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Thanks, Robert!

And congrats to Deborah for her HM! I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Dcam
03-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Kari: Your pooch is just WONDERFUL!!!! Love it.
:thumbsup: Derek

ewaldronyuhas
03-07-2010, 04:22 PM
I got mine the other day too. I love the Pastel 100 issue. I did see some names I recognize from here.

I've never entered my work into any sort of show. I promised myself that this year I would at least enter one or two and see what happens.

There's a local show here once a year too. I don't care if I win anything, I would be happy to just get something on a wall at the show.:)

KariTirrell
03-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Kari: Your pooch is just WONDERFUL!!!! Love it.
:thumbsup: Derek

Thank you, Derek! I'm glad you like it.:)

October Artist
03-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Congratulations, Kari! I love that painting, your dog looks so cool laying in the sunpatch.

Deborah Secor has an Honorable Mention in the Abstract category, last place I expected to see her work. It's beautiful too.

I think if I got an HM in this I'd be floored, everything in this competition is so incredible.

really do love your dog pastel and I also just loved the one named "Bill" - the expression on his face was precious!

Gerri Mc
03-12-2010, 08:26 AM
I got my first Pastel Journal this morning and it was the April issue.:clap:
I was sure I'd be at least one issue behind given how long I've been waiting.

I have been enthralled looking at the Pastel 100 winners - so inspiring.

Congrats to Kari and Deborah!:thumbsup: