PDA

View Full Version : 11th Annual Pastel 100 Competition video!

Deborah Secor
03-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Take a look at this YouTube video of the grand prize winners (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFQXDWNMmW0)of the competition.

It's worth four and a half minutes to look at this really BEAUTIFUL work. :thumbsup:

Deborah

sketchZ1ol
03-01-2010, 06:42 PM
hello. yep, that left coast sunlight/palette has that magic. gotta do a search to see if there's any step-by-step from those artists. Maybe you could invite them to drop by to WC ? :) Ed

Winny Kerr
03-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Thank you Deborah. I am blessed to know Don Rantz as he lives in Prescott. He is such a nice young man and has a sweet wife, both artists. I am saving up to do a workshop with him..sooon I hope. Cannot wait for the Journal to come in the mail. Winny

saramathewson
03-01-2010, 10:36 PM
Thanks for sharing this link with us Deborah!

I just spent the past hour and a half looking at various videos including both of yours! Time well spent:)

Sara

DAK723
03-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Deb, Thanks for posting this! Beautiful paintings!

Don

Namaste13
03-03-2010, 12:42 PM
I really enjoyed watching that inspiration for sure! Wow is what I say...Thanks again for the post.

Deborah Secor
03-03-2010, 05:59 PM
I have to say that I think the winners are all extraordinary artists! and such variety, too. (Sarah Blumenschein sat in my classroom for a few minutes. Can I claim to be her "teacher"? :lol: She has more talent in her little finger than I have ever had cumulatively... And she's a sweetheart, too.)

Deborah

*Deirdre*
03-20-2010, 06:55 PM
Sitting in a classroom eh? Deborah! :evil::lol: You didn't actually say you taught her - what gives? :evil:

Oh...while I'm here...could you please empty some space in your PM box...no-one can get through to you!!:p

Deborah Secor
03-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Sarah was a student of mine several years ago. She wanted to learn about pastel, but it was after taking my landscape class that she discovered her penchant for still ife, which is most certainly not my forte!

Oops...I just cleaned out the cache, Deirdre!

Deborah

*Deirdre*
03-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Well then...she was your student...and you obviously tutored her well in the ways of pastel otherwise she wouldn't be where she is now!:thumbsup:

Lynndidj
03-21-2010, 01:41 AM
Winnie: Do you think Don Rantz is related to Gene Rantz, from Northern Michigan? Gene paints in mostly watercolor I think, but Rantz is an unusual name, and both being in art ... I just wondered. Beautiful work. I was out in Phoenix in February and was trying to paint those red rocks. It was totally overwhelming as the shadows and colors changed every 5 minutes. I finally decided to wash everything in and try and paint from my photo - at least one where I like the shadows!!!

Beautiful show - unbelievable work.

Lynn