PDA

View Full Version : Exhibit Questions

Artistammy
02-27-2010, 04:11 PM
This is my first exhibit. I'm wondering how many business cards to take to the Friday Art Trail exhibit. One website says they receive over 700 visitors.

How far apart do recommend hanging paintings? I may not have tags on the wall but just business cards in the corners with prices. How do you decide how to arrange them on the wall?
Thanks

water girl
02-27-2010, 04:49 PM
If this is your first show, be sure that your framing is perfect. First impressions of your art will include how you frame it. After that, just have fun and enjoy the experience. If you have some card stock on hand, you may consider printing your name cards using a mailing label template in Word. Put your name, the title, the medium and your price. Yes, you can put it in the corner of the frame, or use masking tape to attach it to the wall. I'm sure that there will be some one there to help you. I generally have 20 or 30 business cards on hand. I print my own using a template from one of the print programs, but I print on photo paper. I use one of my paintings on the left side, to the right I have my name and contact info. The photo paper really makes your painting pop. I have an inexpensive rotary cutter and cut the cards.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.