PDA

View Full Version : TV interview for Grateful Hearts Project

pastellady
02-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Wednesday, our local news channel 9, KMBC aired the interview that they did of me at my studio on the Grateful Hearts Project. The station did a really nice job of editing the piece. If I was more computer savvy, I could put up a link to Utube for you to see but alas, I'm not.

Anyway, it was exciting to have your art be live on TV, even if it just a local station.

Okay, I got help and hope this works. Here is the link for the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLTcTHlc33Q

Devonlass
02-27-2010, 02:10 PM
What a great segment to have on local TV. It's such a wonderful thing you're doing, the portraits are lovely and the families must be so grateful. The TV station presented the piece very well.

water girl
02-27-2010, 04:59 PM
You are a special lady. What an amazing gift.

robertsloan2
02-27-2010, 04:59 PM
That's a great interview. The portraits are great and they showed everything you're doing in a way that'll encourage others to get into the project.

DAK723
02-27-2010, 05:34 PM
Wow - What a gift you are giving these families! You deserve a big pat on the back! The pressure to create a good portrait is always great, but in this case, I can't even imagine how tough it must be.

Don

pastellady
02-27-2010, 07:10 PM
Thanks Carol, Karen, Robert and Don. It has been a very rewarding project for all that participate in it. It also has been a difficult project due to the circumstances but to see the looks on the families faces is worth any price. It is such a gift for them to allow us to honor their heroes with these portraits.
To hear Sarah voice what Katie's portrait meant to her was priceless and the best complement anyone has ever given me for a portrait that I have done.

PETE K
02-27-2010, 11:40 PM
You sure did a wonderfuly great thing for the famailies.

Lisa Fiore
02-28-2010, 09:06 AM
Wow, I'm so impressed with you and what you are doing. You're using your artistic talents to help others in such a wonderful way. Thanks so much for sharing this. :clap: :clap: :clap:

saramathewson
02-28-2010, 09:43 AM
Jennylynn,

This was a wonderful news segment. Listening to Sara speak about her sister brought me to tears. You truly are a wonderful person to do this for these families. I tear up just thinking about it knowing my own son will be going into basic training near the end of April.

Sara

pastellady
02-28-2010, 12:36 PM
Thanks Pete and elizabeth08-trust me we get back more than we give.
Sara-both of my sons are military veterans-one was a marine for 6 years and my eldest was a marine for 6 and army for 10years. He was a career military guy. I always tried to focus on the fact that they were doing what they loved. Even when our eldest was hit by an IED in Iraq, he would never have changed his career path. If he wasn't 100 disabled he would still be serving his country. Sometimes we Moms forget that when we raise them to be independent and confident persons we also have to embrace their choices in life. I wish you and your son good luck and God speed.