GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Adam .. First & Foremost Fisherman
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16 x 20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Falling off the deep end of sanity and dipping into that vast ocean of creative nonsense.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Well?

Emilia
09-16-2002, 10:56 PM
Well?

arourapope
09-16-2002, 11:11 PM
Swim on! This is great!

Wayne Gaudon
09-17-2002, 07:07 AM
Emilia Well?
.. Well done? Waste of time? The usual, half dozen of the other!

aurorapope :D thank you

Paintonbrush
09-17-2002, 11:03 AM
well, ? creative, suggestive, you might feel better and take alot of people with you. I see this on a wall in a public place where others can scratch head, or put finger to cheek and begin a dialogue on the meaning of life.

orchidlover6
09-17-2002, 11:43 AM
I find this intriguing. Not at all what I expected but not dismayed because of it. Your use of colors are good. What's wrong with be creative or having a moment of insanity? I say "hope you have a few more."

Wayne Gaudon
09-17-2002, 12:07 PM
Paintonbrush and orchidlover6 .. thank you.

Adam is just an old old fisherman from Meaford Ontario .. rain or shine he is out, so I cannot think of fishing without a casual thought about how old Adam is doing (or in fact, if he is still alive) as I haven't fished Meaford in the last few years.

.. the painting was inspired by a little nail sculpture that was given to me (an avid fisherman), last Christmas. When I was painting it, the weld spots on the sculpture formed knobs, with one being on the end of the fishing pole. I was reminded of the silly times one shares in one's youth. When trying a new hook or adding bait, it's common to hold the rod between your legs so your reel doesn't sit in the sand or water and of course young men (boys) always in pursuit of a good hearty laugh have to joke about "The Rod". Everyone has a good laugh and though a little vulgar, no one is hurt and everyone is laughing.

So, when I painted this I had to leave it alone and the nudity icon was added because the little figure has no clothes ..

Hopefully, I have not offended anyone .. I thought it was a wonderful piece of art but with so little response, I must have stepped on a few toes or it just isn't as wonderful as I thought.

later,

madmum
09-17-2002, 12:23 PM
Feels a bit Dali to me. Rod seems to be organic, growing from the fishermans own arms. I like it!

Ruth

Emilia
09-17-2002, 11:02 PM
Well? Well.
That was a response to your question. I was just teasing you.
I do like your idea of a fisher-girl. A good conversation piece.

It's the cloud that I would move more to the side. Or add more
cloud to the right side. That's my opinion. At first I couldn't tell what it was but I see now that it's the reel on her hand or in her hand?

Wayne Gaudon
09-18-2002, 07:17 AM
madmum .. thank you ..

Emilia .. guess you'd have to be a fisher person to get it.

PS. took the joke off the tip of the rod but can't change the picture here .. the final is over in landscapes.

Emilia
09-18-2002, 11:59 PM
I have to be a fisher person to know the difference.

I like to see you posing this picture with correction.

I looked at your 4 paintings you have a unique stile.

Very Nice.:)

Wayne Gaudon
09-19-2002, 06:04 AM
Adjustment .. thank you ..