PDA

View Full Version : Got my Terry Ludwig pastels today!!

chookbrown
09-16-2002, 05:01 PM
Now I have to see if I can do something with them!!! Lots of different pieces of color to try. They seem to be very creamy compared to the Rembrandts I already have.

Thanks Terry!!

Colleen
:D :D

pampe
09-16-2002, 05:12 PM
whoa...you lucky dog....can't wait to win the lottery to afford those.....

*S*

Pam

AriadneArts
09-16-2002, 05:33 PM
Lucky you, Chook! Those are on my list........someday. Now, git to work and let's see the results. :D Gosh I'll best they're wonderful to use. Pastels are so sensual, don't you think? The texture is everything, well almost everything. Color certainly counts, but not if it's scratchy. The creamy ones are a joy to use.

ExpressMark
09-16-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by chookbrown
Now I have to see if I can do something with them!!! Lots of different pieces of color to try. They seem to be very creamy compared to the Rembrandts I already have.

Thanks Terry!!

Colleen
:D :D

Are these custom Pastels?

Which brings me to this question, If you can have custom Pastels made would it be possible to have specific colors made.

Who does custom Pastels?

Mark

chookbrown
09-16-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by ExpressMark

Are these custom Pastels?

Which brings me to this question, If you can have custom Pastels made would it be possible to have specific colors made.

Who does custom Pastels?

Mark

Hi Mark!! Terry Ludwig makes his own range of high quality pastels. You would be best to contact Terry for information on this. Visit his website here (http://www.terryludwig.com).

Pam and Eileen unfortunately these are only the samples as I have not had exposure to different types other than the Rembrandts and Contes and wanted to try before I buy as any really good pastels such as these are rather pricey and I have to be sure I can even use them!! Sorry if I wrote this badly before - it must have been my excitement!

You all have such beautiful pastel collections, I am still trying to build mine!!

Yes Eileen, they do have a nice feel and I am wondering if I will go back to colored pencils in a hurry considering how much fun I am having with pastels at the moment!!! Terry's seem extra creamy compared so I am trying to get something started. Will post if it turns into something!!

Thanks!!

Colleen :D

TeAnne
09-16-2002, 09:13 PM
Yo Chooky, you will love them :) I got some too ages ago but I want a studio before I will work with them on a grand scale :)