PDA

View Full Version : Quick Dry Cafe 2/14 to 2/20 2010

idylbrush
02-14-2010, 05:45 AM
Happy Valentiness Day.

Did proud grand dad take pictures?

Congratulations Kathie, any sales are good sales.

40 here at 4:30 AM. Hope it doesn't get much lower.

All the orchids and the tender plants are covered for the evening.

Hope everyone has a great week!

PattiLou
02-14-2010, 08:12 AM
Morning Howard and Happy Valentines Day!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Feb-2010/125378-Heart_ChocolateCandy.gif

noodle1
02-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Happy Valentine's Day Everyone.....
http://www.curtumevexas.com/images/Smilies/BlowHeart3d.gif

Coffee and heart shaped pancakes and sausage for breakfast, OJ too.
Ooooh thanks Patti for chocolates..lol

Good Morning Howard, nice to see someone who knows what month we're in lol, hi Sue, Kat, Kim, Carol, Mary, Bell, Dee, Sharon, Raymo, Robert, Kathie,
Kathleen, Shirl, all the gang.

Have a wonderful day..heading out to early Mass will see you all later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

*dee*
02-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Oh boy...do I need hugs! :crying:

My dad passed away in his sleep last night. :crying:

He & my brother were getting ready to come here from Maine...my brother to stay & Dad to visit.

I might be absent for a bit, not sure when my daughter & I will be going to Maine, or how long we'll be there.

My heart aches from losing him. :crying:

~~Kathleen
02-14-2010, 10:07 AM
((Dee))
My heart is with you.:(

Lady Carol
02-14-2010, 10:10 AM
:grouphug:Dee :grouphug: I am so sorry to hear that.

noodle1
02-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Oh Dee my heart is with you and your family, prayers as well.
I will remember him at Mass. Hugs dear friend.

Elaine

idylbrush
02-14-2010, 11:27 AM
Dee, so sorry to hear of your loss, I will keep you in my thoughts and meditations.

*dee*
02-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Thanks everyone.

My daughter & I will leave either late tonight or early in the morning, we'll be driving up to Maine. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

I've got packing to do.

RPut
02-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Oh Dee, I am soooo Sorry to hear about your loss. Lots of big hugs and many prayers for you.

RPut
02-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Ray, Congats to the proud Grandpa!!:clap: :clap:

biddlebeach
02-14-2010, 02:37 PM
:grouphug: Oh Dee! I am so sorry, please drive carefully.
my thoughts and prayers are going out to you today..

susme48
02-14-2010, 02:38 PM
I sure hope this works....some of my posts seem to be in the wrong places! VERY strange!!

Morning all!! Kind of an ugly day here....overcast...but no snow or rain...so that is nice!

Dee, aw sweetie...{{{{hugs}}}} I am so sorry!! That is a call I keep waiting on...with my folks...and dreading. Please be careful!! Lots more hugs and prayers!!

Ray....congrats!!

Think I finish my self portrait...hubby said he would break my fingers if I messed with it...I gave it to him for Valentine's day :)

Hope everyone has a good day! Watching the first race of the season here....sigh.

*dee*
02-14-2010, 05:49 PM
The weather is NOT cooperating! It was beautiful here a few hours ago, warm & sunny! Now its raining & the temp is dropping fast. I think we are going to leave tonight & try to get ahead of the worst of the weather.

This so sux.

On a most wonderful note....I work at a marvelous place, and have terrific co-workers & customers. My boss "passed the hat" all day....and presented me with a sympathy card (signed by all our "regulars") & a thousand dollars! :eek: We were so worried about having enough money for the long drive...especially if something "unforeseen" should happen. That amount was "collected" in about 5 hours! Unbelievable! :crying: Today certainly is a roller-coaster ride.....numbed by my dad's passing....then my heart warmed by all the caring and generosity from the people I'm surrounded by.

AND......just looked out the window. Its snowing. :crying: We might wait til morning. :mad:

biddlebeach
02-14-2010, 06:08 PM
Oh Dee! how wonderful! I mean about the passing of the hat,,
so sorry it is snowing now.. please be careful driving!

Raymo
02-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Sorry to hear about your Daddy, hang in there Dee. That's great to hear about your workplace passing the hat, sounds like they love you as much as we do. Be careful on your drive.

texana6
02-14-2010, 11:00 PM
Dee, whether you leave tonight or tomorrow morning drive careful! How wonderful that your co-workers passed the hat.
Congrats to Kathy on her show, to Raymo proud grandfather of the district champion.
Ruth, I'm so sorry to hear about the gashed painting but the sale of a painting is good news. :thumbsup:
For Valentines hubby and I watched "Chocolat"--Johnny Depp looked so young in 2000!--ate chocolate bars and put together a cafe table and chairs for my new "Paris Cafe-theme" kitchen and dining room. It took us FOREVER to find the perfect cafe table that was 30" high not counterheight, and matching chairs. The photos on the wall are those that we took during our trips to France in 2001 and 2007. My step father did the stained glass window and I did the lettering on the board above the sink. (Tournesol means sunflower in French).

Okay, Carol, it's your turn to post a picture of your newly-refinished cabinets :wave:

Raymo
02-14-2010, 11:32 PM
Thanks everyone !

I forgot to take my camera yesterday....:mad:

sveldstra
02-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Good morning all.
Dee, so sorry to hear about your dad. Many hugs and be safe on the trip to Maine.
Linda the cafe looks fabulous, especially like that first guest.
Hope today is a better day for everyone.
We are renovating again here. My laundry room is now in paint, but the project seems to be growing larger and larger. Hubby ripped out the old cabinets and will build new ones, and the old laundry sink had to go as there was no way to install the new flooring under it with out taking it out completely. He is already working on the second coat of paint and hopes to have the flooring in by tonight so that I can have my washer and drier back in commission by tomorrow evening. A family of six builds up a surprising amount of laundry in four days.
Well I should go do some dishes or something. Back later.

noodle1
02-15-2010, 10:52 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Coffee here. I forgot, sorry Raymo but congrats from me too!

Dee don't know if you've left yet or which way you're driving but do be careful, we've got snow coming again for tonight and tomorrow across the eastern coast. Did look further North towards Maine all clear. I will be thinking of you.

Hi Linda, that really looks wonderful, and yes I like the one seated enjoying the art too...LOL

Must be the time of year when we all start thinking of rennovations. I think of them too and Larry just says "not"...haha Such a party pooper...haha

Sharon sounds like hubby progressing nicely. Laundry, hmmm I should be doing that too, and my laundry room could use a facelift for sure.

Ruthie I don't know how to fix that or if you can, what a shame.

Hey Sue, Shirl, Mary, Bell, Kathie, Kat, Howard, Robert, Carol, Patti, Kathleen, all the gang.

Hope everyone has a great day. Will see you all later, time for more coffee.

Hugs all round,

dances_with_oils
02-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Hi folks:

Dee, our condolences for your loss. Drive carefully and allow yourself some time to grieve.

Lynda, the kitchen looks great!

Sharon, glad you're almost done the reno.

I have to start packing up my studio in order to put the house on the market. We're hoping it sells fast. Last year, houses in this neighbourhood were sold right off the internet! The one thing I detest about moving is all the preparation required to sell a house and then the constant "fluffing" every time there is a showing. Hubby is heading out to the new posting later this month for a business meeting and while he's there, he's going to have a look/see at some of the properties we've taken note of.

PattiLou
02-15-2010, 11:26 AM
(((Dee))) Sorry I missed you yesterday and sorry for your loss. I hope you are safely on your way by now and the weather cooperates. Be careful.

Linda I like the cafe look and the stained glass window.

Congrats Grandpa Ray... sucks to be forgetful doesn't it?:lol:

The sun came out yesterday, but it was brrrrr.... cold. I suppose in another week we will complain about the heat. :p In the meantime I have some little plants growing on my windowsill waiting to be planted in the garden.

texana6
02-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Sharon, Elaine, Patti Lou and Bell, thanks for your comments on Le Cafe Tournesol. My first guest, the orange tabby, is Monsier Pierre Contraire. I'm looking at doing the laundry room next, but it would be a major project. Just to repaint it would require that I sand all of the shelves and walls to remove remnants of mud dabber nests that I have knocked out ... and to determine how they are coming into the wash room. I don't want to spend any money on the laundry room beyond paint because we're saving to convert our home to central heat and air-conditioning.

So Sharon ... is the washer and dryer up and running yet?

Oh Raymo, you forgot your camera! You'll have to ask your grandson if any of his friends took photos!

Bell, just the thought of packing up my studio would give me a migraine!

Now, I need to get back to my writing ... so that I can paint tonight. Deadlines to meet.

Lady Carol
02-15-2010, 02:30 PM
Okay, Carol, it's your turn to post a picture of your newly-refinished cabinets :wave:
Give me 2 weeks and I will post pictures of the entire reno'd kitchen. New appliances arrive next week :D, the granite the week after :D :D :D :D . And then I am not too sure on when the back splash will be installed but hopefully soon after that. I am so excited. I have since the day we bought the place wanted the kitchen updated. Mostly the counter top which currently is tile and not looking too crash hot.
As you can see by this (http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showphoto.php?photo=16779)it is not errr how shall we say....tasteful

Linda what you have done looks really classy.

Hello to everyone else. Off to spend much of the afternoon in the lab. My experiments are yelling for some attention.

texana6
02-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Be prepared, Carol, that two weeks might stretch to three weeks or four! At least that was our experience. I waited 10 years for my kitchen redo as well and I can only say that I'm happy when I walk through it. ... and I bet you will feel the same. We will all be watching for your photos :wave:

OkeeKat
02-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Hello all!!
Sorry I've been so scarce the past few days, been hectic around here!!
Had a Festival I was in this weekend in town both saturday and sunday from 7-5 was out in the cold, saturday was FREEZING!! wind was like 25 mph and in the 40's, thank God it didnt rain anymore on saturday. Sunday was VERY cold in the am, but the wind died down to only 5mph and was much nicer and sunnier, did warm up to the mid 50s though.
Had a great turnout and sold 3 old paintings a print and A LARGE Cow painting, "End of the Day" VERY Happy!!
Inlaws anniversary is today, and son and wife's was yesterday, and with it being St. Valentines day, we were very busy with family after the show last eve. Sat nite I crashed on the sofa and fell asleep!!

Thanks Linda!
Dee, I'm so very sorry to hear about your Dad! ((BIG HUGS)), How very thoughtful of your boss, workers and Clients. Yup they love your as much as we do!! I do hope your trip if uneventful and your arrive safe and sound. Prayers are being sent your way!

Ray, Congrats!! Missed what its all about, have to go read back to last weeks thread. .. /sigh, missed so much in the past few days!
Ruthie congrats on your sale!
Linda, Great photos! Looks great!
Hope to catch up more later..
hi and hugs to all!!
need to relax today and get ready for another busy week, friday am we leave Very early untill monday, for a relaxing weekend with inlaws without son and family!! /sigh, they both STILL looking for Jobs!!
Then the following weekend have the Top of the Lake ART FEST!! Juried art show, where they judge the booth and look for individual paintings for awards.
Last yr was my first show ever and won second place. Hopeing to do good again this yr. /crosses fingers.
so alot to do coming up!!

Later all!!

biddlebeach
02-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Hi guys!
What a day today became,, You would think if Mark really didn't want me to go to Goodwill today, he could have just said something,, but nooooooooooooo he has to go outside and try to get the ice off the roof by the back door and the ladder slipped and he came crashing down with it.. Thank God he is just banged up, it could have been so much worse! Took him to the ER, had Xrays on both legs and both arms,, he has a few contusions and abrasions.. man, he could have broken his neck! I might yet!

Belle, when we got back from the ER, Princess was all atither, so I got out the spray,, you suggested,, ( my brain isn't coming up with the name right now, ) we gave her a spray on her tounge,, wow! first thing she did was go get a big drink,,must taste bad,, and then,, she was as mellow as all get out,, WOW,, oh,, oh the rescue remedy,,

howyadoin
02-16-2010, 01:58 AM
Wow, been a long time since I stuck my head in here. How's everybody been?

Finally managed to get some work in this month, after nothing at all happening in January. Hopefully I'll get paid soon; being broke during the Olympics kinda sucks.

idylbrush
02-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Bret, good to have you back here. Glad to hear you are working again. Makes for nervous moments doesn't it.

Chilly again this morning. Not as bad but still not pleasant.

Having lunch with my sister and brother in law today. Could be interesting as they tell me what a terrible person I am. Wonder how much of that I can put up with.

Still dealing with some unexpected bills from last years medical issues. What the heck, its only money. I am sure they will get over it.

Some of the damaged plants are showing signs of survival. The banana has a new shoot as does the thunbergia. Some of the sedums are showing signs of survival as well. Not sure yet about the haleconias or the frangipani but time will tell. Not going to trim things just yet. Still have to work those things through.

The orchids are sending out bloom shoots now and they are in need of some extra protection. I have them covered with a light under the sheet to generate some warmth.

After a recent upgrade, photoshop is no longer functional. So, off to the market to get an upgrade. What fun this year has been so far.

Mary, isn't Bach Flower Remedy a wonder. There is a whole Bach Flower series for different purposes. So far I find they work well......except on the cat who seems to have a nasty disposition no matter what. Though recently she has allowed me to shave her and clean her with the cleaning being a daily event. She is not pleased but tolerant.

biddlebeach
02-16-2010, 08:49 AM
Good morning everyone! Mark slept well last night, although, I didn't ,, kept waking up to check on him,, wonder why I bothered? LOL

Already performed my nursy duties today now time to get a move on!
Hiya Howya! good to see ya!
Hi Howard and anyone else who is peeking in!

sveldstra
02-16-2010, 09:01 AM
Good morning everyone coffee is on, the big kids are back at school and the house is back to quiet. Still no laundry machines, so at least I don't have to deal with the laundry build up and may be able to finish the second polar bear painting today.
Congratulations on the sales Kathie!
Have a great day everyone.

noodle1
02-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

New pot of coffee and whatever you find in the frig ...haha

Oh Mary I'm glad your hubby is alright, sorry about the bruises but oh thank God it wasn't worse.

Morning Bret, good to see you.

Howard don't think you have to put up with that at all, not even for a minute.
Tell em to ask us we'll straighten them out bout that.

Well woke up to what I thought would be lots more snow and the roads weren't even covered. Larry left for work and I did morning chores, turned around and it looks like a blizzard out there..LOL guess the weather hiccuped for a minute, apparently they've just now closed the schools too. Other then having to walk Willie in it I'm not that upset, so quiet and lovely when it snows, it's the after glow that stinks...lol

Morning Shirl how ya been, haven't seen you hope everything is okay with you, hi Sue, Kat, Carol, Kathie you're on that roller coaster again huh..lol congrats on the sales, Patti, Raymo, Robert, Lynda, Kathleen, Ruthie, Bell,
Sharon hope the laundry room gets done soon, that's everyone I think, I hope..haha

Guess I should go find something interesting to do..haha Everyone take care today, hope there is a big part of it that's enjoyable for you all. I'll be back later to see what you are all up to.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

dances_with_oils
02-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Morning folks:

Mary, glad to hear the rescue remedy seems to help Princess. Hopefully the Milk thistle will help her liver. Now if we could only find something to help stubborn husbands... glad Mark is ok.

Howard, sorry to hear about the extra and unexpected bills. I think if people insist on criticising someone they should be made pay the lunch or dinner bill. Only fair if one is going to be their entertainment.

Bret, glad you're working again.

Kathie, good going on the sales.

Sharon, glad to hear that you are getting a chance to paint today.

The crazy cat lady that lives next door has now managed to attract another 4 cats to her garage. Got woken up with yet another cat fight (this is the fifth one this week). Now why do you ask did I not just get her to deal with it, well... she's not home again - left on the weekend and no sign of anyone around the house. *sigh*

vmrs
02-16-2010, 12:35 PM
Hello All! I dont' often post but thought I would drop in for a moment.
Dee I am so so sorry for the loss of your father. What a wonderful gesture of passing the hat was!
Sharon, we had the same problem with mud hornets in our garage we put out mothballs. it was like magic they never built in there again.
DWO : Every house we've lived in seems to have a cat lady nearby. (my husband was military so we've moved alot!) I thought the last house was the worst the neighbours had 22 cats and they would leave open bags of food outside bringing in the skunks, raccoons and so on. The whole neighbourhood finally complained when a bear showed up. But now in this neighbourhood, there's close to a 100 cats at one house. The owner passed away, her husband is in a nursing home, but there's a lady in the neighborhood who goes over and feeds them and puts hay out. The house looks a mess, from outside you can see the windows are caked in dirt (to be polite) and the curtains are all shredded. What's worse is the lady lets bunches out a time and there's literally dozens of feral unneutered cats roaming our neighbourhood, the poor things. Everyone has called the local human society but nothing seems to be able to get done. It is frustrating!
I hope everyone has a good week. :wave: Virginia

Shirl Parker
02-16-2010, 01:32 PM
...Morning Shirl how ya been, haven't seen you hope everything is okay with you...

Hi Elaine. Hope you're well. I've been intestinally disordered of late, and that combined with cat and dog sitting...well who wants to hear about that boring stuff.:eek:

susme48
02-16-2010, 02:04 PM
just a quick note to say i am home....surgery is over....won't know results for a week. he took more ducts than he thought he would...some tissue too for testing. could not find the cyst..Going to lay down for awhile now....kinda tired, and alot sore.

later!

howyadoin
02-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Bret, good to have you back here. Glad to hear you are working again. Makes for nervous moments doesn't it.Yes indeed. The past year and a half has been full of them, too.

Hiya Howya! good to see ya!And likewise to you.

Morning Bret, good to see you. And you.

Bret, glad you're working again.Thanks. You 'n' me both. The fall was actually pretty good in that regard, but having January off pretty much set me back to square one.

Ah well. Onward and upward...

idylbrush
02-16-2010, 06:40 PM
Made it through the day almost unscathed by the trauma of sis being here. Had a nice lunch and then stopped to see the new Airstream, new to them. It is a 2005 but it is a very nice one.

Did pick up a new small folding table for the studio. It is just about a great size for small work. All metal and plastic which makes it durable and lightweight.

Special ordered a piece of software and it arrived today, unfortunately it is for a windows based machine not a Mac. So it is going back and maybe, just maybe by Friday it will be here. Until then it is a not much can be done in Photoshop kind of week. Thank goodness I don't need to do a photo retouching demo this week at school.

So other than that Mrs. Smith, nothing going on around here.

RPut
02-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Hello All

Have had thoughts of Dee and wondering how she's making out. So sorry she is going through such a sad time.

Howya, gladta seeya around. Wondering where Oz is? Haven't seen him around lately. miss his music selections for us.

Hi Virginia!

Susan, take care!

A post from another forum has been bothering me a bit. And I'm not wanting to get a whole discussion thing going, and not wanting to stir things up. This is from someone that I really valuefor his comments and contribution to art. And maybe I am taking this out of context. A comment was made about the difference between a novice and master. A novice is someone who would paint everything they see, a master, paint only what is needed. I do understand this statement as far as composition, etc. But then what about the people that paint very realistically? And have been at it for years? Is he saying they are not masters of their art?
I am very clear about myself being a novice as I am still new to art (about 3 years), but to the many many people/artists here that I consider to be very talented and masterful that paint with realism cannot be a novice just because they paint with detail. I just thought his comment was a bit offensive.
There, I got that off my chest. sorry.

School work tonight, and maybe the studio!

Later!

texana6
02-16-2010, 11:02 PM
Susan, hang in there, honey. Hope they gave you some pain medication. While I was taking my radiation treatment I came across the quote from Abraham Lincoln ... something like "The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time."

Howard, glad to hear that you survived your lunch with your sis and brother-in-law!

Ruthie, I don't know where that poster's comment appeared but you may be reading into it more than he intended. I think what is being said is that a "novice" painter tries to reproduce a photo in a photo perfect way ... but a more experienced artist knows how to use only the details that tell the story better and to eliminate the details that are unneeded or that would be a distraction. Many novices in their early paintings attempt to recreate a photo rather than using it as a tool or a starting point for a more perfect vision. If detail is your style ... go for it! Become of a master of knowing what details to include and which ones to eliminate!

Me? I've decided to scrap the Hamelia painting because the composition was just not working. Painted the canvas gray. I'm looking at some other photos that I took of wildflowers last spring. I may take elements of three different bluebonnet photos to do one painting, or I may do the Gaillardia (Indian Blanket) that only needs to have one element moved. Decisions, decisions.

biddlebeach
02-16-2010, 11:08 PM
[quote=idylbrush

Mary, isn't Bach Flower Remedy a wonder. There is a whole Bach Flower series for different purposes. So far I find they work well......except on the cat who seems to have a nasty disposition no matter what. Though recently she has allowed me to shave her and clean her with the cleaning being a daily event. She is not pleased but tolerant.[/quote]
Yes,, I was shocked at what it did for her!
sorry about your kitty being a stinker,,

OkeeKat
02-17-2010, 01:44 AM
Thanks Bell!
exhausted, popped in to say hi,
Susan, glad its over for you, my prayers for a speedy recovery and hope its uneventful. take it easy girl!! Rest up, hope you hear good news soon!!

nite all!!

dances_with_oils
02-17-2010, 01:50 AM
Susan, you are in our thoughts and prayers... speedy recovery and good news at the end.

Ruth, my take on that comment is the poster was trying to convey that everyone who starts painting tries to paint exactly what they see and in as much detail as they can... a more experienced painter knows what to leave out and uses their strokes with purpose -- iow, that's when your unique style comes out...

Well my studio is packed up and turned back into a small bedroom for selling the house. Not happy at having to do that, but hopefully the house won't be on the market that long and I can put my paints back out once the sale goes through.

Headaches are still killing me.. doc says they are a result of a spasm in three of my neck/back/shoulder muscle groups... I start back at the physio terrorist on Mon... ick ick ick....

Was very proud of our Olympic athletes today... one gold medal and a super win in curling and men's and women's hockey and a good showing by Patrick Chan in ice skating.

Anyone heard from Kathy (Amuse), Kim, Kat or Maria?

susme48
02-17-2010, 02:14 AM
Hi again! Feeling a bit more human....somewhat anyway....having my comfort tea and toast...then heading back to bed to cuddle with hubby for a change! Nice to have him home for a bit. Needed the reassurance! and comfort.

Mary, glad it was not more serious with hubby...but bet he is sore!! Be gentle with him....he has sounded like a keeper!

{{{Bret}}} long time no see/hear/read :) Glad you are working as well....kind sux when ther is no pay for sure!!

Oh Howard...know what you mean....this has been wonderful so far in 2010...NOT!! Just love when I get bills for something that happened over a year ago....usually from a collection agency who does not believe I never got a bill for it in the first place!

Had crazy dreams from all the meds today...and many of them were with my 'loving brother and sister' who both usually have alot to say to me about who I am....what I am....what I do...etc! Nice to get the upper hand even if it was just a dream....:lol:

Bell....not having to deal with her must make it almost worth having to pack up again!

Shirl....hope you feel better soon!!

Ruthie...been wondering/worrying too, about Dee!! Have no choice but to take care today and tomorrow....hubby won't let me do anything, tho' he did let me get up for a bit...just so sore from lying down all day!

Linda...they gave me some low dose Loritabs...but I have higher...hehehe...if I need them. Worst thing right now is my headache but the Relpax is starting to ease it up some. Just did not get to it as soon as yesterday and it was pretty much fullblown. The surgical area is achy and sore...but not as painful as some have been....and no stitches....no staples...just some kind of plasic skin that will peel off on it's own in about 10 days. Amazing!

Thanks, Kathie and Bell!! I truly appreciate it!!

Bell....I see all but Maria on facebook....I think Kathy has gone back to alot of watercolors and Kim is doing oils....and I know Kat has been sick.

I just hear/read snatches here and there about folks. Tho' mostly I 'farm' there....:lol:

See you all in the am!

howyadoin
02-17-2010, 04:00 AM
Hey, I posted this on my blog, but I thought I'd bring it up here, too:

A question for those who are making money off their art - and even those who aren't - how and where should I be promoting mine online? I've already got a blog, a Twitter account, a Flickr account, a deviantART account, two online stores, etc. Sold a decent amount of stuff over the past few months, but sales have pretty much petered out, and most of the sales were to family and close friends. Where should I be pushing this stuff? What (ideally cheap or free) venues am I missing out on?

(Just for clarification, I'm primarily looking for ways to drive traffic to my existing online stores, as well as to my blog.)

biddlebeach
02-17-2010, 08:14 AM
Sorry, Brett, can't help ya there..
Morning everyone! Hubs woke me up with a scream this AM,, he was stretching before getting out of bed and ended up with a really really big charlie horse in his calf! poor guy, although, he gave me and the dog a heart attack!
Oh Susan, I am gonna keep him, if he will keep me.
Hope you are feeling better each day.

Today is his last day off, so I just informed him that I am leaving the dog here today with him, he keep whining about how close she is to me,, but ,, she is with me all the time! so, I told him, she needs to spend some quality time with him.. so there! I have an appointment coming in first thing this morning that will take me no less that 4 hours to do, so she needs to be here with him.
Hope everyone has a fabulous day today! ta ta!

sveldstra
02-17-2010, 09:15 AM
Good morning all, coffee is on, help yourselves.
Susan, I hope you recover quickly. Take it easy and don't try to get up and going to quickly. Things are just too busy at your house for you to be going back to full duties too soon.
Bret, no advice here on the online sales. I'm just trying to focus on galleries that will carry my work. Glad to here you've had some luck with online sales though. I would pm Kathy (amuse) I think she has had some luck with etsy.
I hear from Kim and Kathy pretty often on facebook so I can vouch for the fact that they are both still alive, occasionally I see Kat there too.
Howard glad the visit wasn't too draining. Hope the photoshop thingy arrives soon.
Belle, I'm crossing my fingers for a quick sale for you. I hate not being able to use my own house.
Hope everyone else is well, and has a great day. I am going to be catching up
on back logged laundry, and sanding drywall mud.:( I finished the painting I had on the go, so I have no excuses today.

PattiLou
02-17-2010, 09:33 AM
Hi all:wave:

Mary I'm really glad your hubby only got bumps and bruises, whew! Whoa, at least he didn't punch you like Jon did to me when he was dreaming that he got shocked while working on the car.:eek:

Susan nice to hear you are sorta up and sorta feeling better.:lol: Hope your headache goes away soon.

Bell hope you find some relief soon too. Therapy=yuk, takes up too much time but it does help in the longrun.... I think.:lol: I don't know about Maria, but the rest post on Facebook and they seem to be busy with kidlets, art and life in general.

Hi Bret, sounds like you have covered a lot of territory. I think things are just tough right now for all sales, although my daughter, who is in real estate, says things are picking up.

The funiest thing happened this week... well, maybe not so funny, but wierd. We purchased some frames and I finally have some artwork on me very bare walls. Went to the grocery store, came home and as I walked in the door I noticed a blob of something on top of one frame. :confused: Checked it out closer and it was like sawdust, so looked even closer and there were perfect, tiny little holes under the sawdust, as if someone had taken a very fine drill and drilled 4-5 holes about the size of quilting pin. I took the painting out of the frame, but has anyone had anything like this happen???

That's my mystery for the day, now on to something else, like baking cookies for the cookie monster so that he doesn't have withdrawels.

noodle1
02-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Good Morning,

Coffee too and OJ....boy you have been chatty..hahaha

Ruthie, haven't read it for myself but it just might be all about comp and not particularly directed at styles. Personally I wouldn't be offended but then I'm still in the apprenticeship zone. I had a very successful and rather famous friend who was a master at what he did, he would say to me regarding critique's, comments..opinions "Use logic not emotion to determine your reaction.." and man would he let me have it...LOL Just my thoughts on it.

Sue glad the surgery is over, sorry about being sore, I'm sure, just try and take it easy and I'll be praying about the results..Hugs.

Bret honestly don't know what to tell you, the market in general seems to be down. Some friends of mine would say get into as many shows as you can, but then they travel all over the place which is costly I'd think. Sorry other then hiring a promoter I can't really think of anything.

Well good morning to Sharon, Kat, Kim, Patti, Carol, Bell, Lynda, Kathie, Kathleen, Howard, Raymo, Robert, Mary, thougths going out to Dee, hope that's everyone. I'm off to give out communion and ashes at the nursing home, early Easter this year hope it means early spring..haha We ended up with a lot of snow and it was suppose to be a flurry or two...lol

Have a good day everyone, later maybe.

Hugs,
Elaine

sveldstra
02-17-2010, 10:24 AM
Patti, I'm not sure, but I would get all of my art out of those frames and get them out of my house. That sounds alot like carpenter ants or termites. Either way you don't want it spreading.

idylbrush
02-17-2010, 10:29 AM
Sounds like termites to me. Florida is riddled with them. I would get all of the frames out of the house ASAP and either treat them or get them into the trash. You can check and see if you can put a screwdriver through the wood in the area of the holes. If you contract the services of a pest control company you can ask about the possibility of them getting into the house with such a short visit. I try not to be an alarmist but termites can wreak havoc in a short period of time and you may not even realize it.

dances_with_oils
02-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Morning folks:

Yay! It's snowing! Yes, I know by later on this afternoon the roads will be the pits, the driveway will have to be cleared and wet feet will be trailing snow into the house but... for now, it's pretty because it's the kind of snowfall that gently falls to the ground and muffles the sounds of the city...and those evil cats don't like it when it snows so they disappear for a while.

Bret, you might want to have a look at Linda Blondheim's sites as well as Katherine Tyrell's Making a Mark blog. Both have been very successful with their internet sales. If you haven't already joined, then I would suggest throwing your name up on the Artists in Canada site. Also join a local arts council that has a "arts in the community" program and you'll get some of your work displayed on a regular basis.

These are pretty good sites for further info:

http://artbusiness.com/webworks.html
http://howtosellart.proboards.com/
http://www.mikanovsky.com/blog/2009/11/28/list-of-websites-for-artists-to-build-online-presence/

Mary, hope Mark is feeling better soon.

My daughter adopted a little pup over the weekend... a female boxer, four months old. Her name is Athena. The grandchildren haven't been told yet and their visit tonight is going to be awesome when they see the dog.... the little guy has missed having his dog. He's going to be so excited to see the pup.

Going to go saddle Branwen up and go for a nice quiet walk.

*dee*
02-17-2010, 12:35 PM
Thank you all for your comments & well wishes! My daughter & I made the trip in about 31 hours...stopping only for fuel & potty breaks. We took turns driving (& resting). Most of the way the roads were fine, but we definitely hit some miserable weather in Connecticut!!!! We just took it slow & steady. By the time we arrived, we were beyond tired...we were mentally exhausted! The service is tomorrow.

I've only had time to just skim over the posts here, and I've misssed so very much. Hugs to everyone...extra hugs to Susan, heal quickly!

PattiLou
02-17-2010, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the concern Howard and Sharon. Only two of the frames were new, the remainder I have had for years and it was one of the new ones that was damaged. Actually, the holes are so small you can't see them unless you are very close. Our house is just a year old and a Florida house, ie: double wide mobile home.:D The only thing that touches the ground is the concrete pilings, even so we have treated the ground around the perimeter.

The wood of the frames is solid everywhere, except for the very neat, tiny holes. I've seen termite damage, South Carolina, Georgia and Alabama have their fair share of termites.:lol: It's nothing like termite damage. I've also seen carpenter bee damage, they liked our decks on other homes. These holes are way too small for a bee to even think about. Larger than the point of a pin and small than the pinhead, if that gives you an idea of size. The frames are in a large ziplock bag right now so I can see what happens. It's mysterious for sure.

I have nine dozen Molasses cookies cooling on the counter and it smells really good in here.

PattiLou
02-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Hi Dee, we cross posted but your fingers were faster. Glad you made it safe and sound. Stay safe on the way home, we'll be waiting for you.

sveldstra
02-17-2010, 01:27 PM
Take care Dee, glad you are safe.
Yeah Patti cookies:clap: ( hope you are going to share.)

howyadoin
02-17-2010, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the input, everybody. Every little bit helps.

And molasses cookies would be delicious right now. I use molasses a lot when I cook.

biddlebeach
02-17-2010, 05:32 PM
oh,, Molasses cookies sound really really good about now!

susme48
02-17-2010, 05:48 PM
Afternoon all!! Been up since 7...had early company for coffee...spent some time with hubby...and have to reassure Bubba about every 20 minutes that I am ok and still here. He and I are considering a nap before daddy comes back from his dr. :)

Bret...I wish I knew...truly...since shows are difficult for me to get to. I am slightly known locally...and as you say friends and family know me....but none of them buy...:o So far I have never sold anything online...and sure would love to!

Sharon.....believe me, I am taking it easy. (not that I would EVER milk this here at home to get waited on by hubby and son....:angel:) So far yesterday and today hubby would not let me do anything....he cooked both days. It sounded like he sort of planned on me cooking tonight....but is willing to eat anything...even stuff he normally says 'no way' to....so that is nice. He leaves for Utah in the morning....but I have two more days this week of help...and then the weekend will be just Bubba and I.

Thanks Patti! woke up with the start of one and took my old standby...and it went away! nice!

Elaine...thanks for the prayers and hugs!! Can never have too many of those!

Thanks, Dee for the hugs....and more right back at you!!

Patti...would love some molasses cookies :D

PattiLou
02-17-2010, 07:54 PM
Sure, I'll gladly share cookies, and if you come for a visit I will bake a whole new batch!:D

Yea, after the baking and laundry I went to the studio and did some painting. I think I might have my #15 (the street number) finished. At least I need to quit fiddling and get it sealed.:lol: Have to think about my next project.

I'm being paged... Jon says he has a movie to watch, later gators.

Raymo
02-17-2010, 10:15 PM
PattiCakes baked those for me and I will wrestle any and all comers that try to take any. Go on and get now.

susme48
02-17-2010, 11:24 PM
Well...since I cannot wrestle right now....:crying: CCCCaaaarrrroooolllllll?? Ray is being mean...sob , sob....sniff

texana6
02-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Dee, good to hear that you made it okay! And we will be delighted to hear from you again when you arrive home safe and sound!

Patti - I would get rid of those frames because are infested with a small insect in them that is making those holes. A friend expained that to me when I asked about my wood sculpure from Mexico that was hand-painted. Mine was a very whimsical mosquito! But one day it collapsed on my bookshelf and that was when I saw the small holes and sawdust. Wonder if those frames were made in Mexico?

Brett -- and others interested in internet sales -- did you know that there is an internet strategies forum on wet canvas? A lot of information, maybe TOOO much but this is the link: http://wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=70

RAYMO - Patticakes expects you to SHARE those cookies and now you're going to have Susan in tears.

Susan - That plastic skin-like stuff really works. My breast cancer surgery was June 27 of last year and there is no scar! Don't rush it just let it come off on its own. I think in my case it was about 10 days or maybe two weeks.

Now if I could just finish this writing assignment I could post something on the WOYE thread.:lol:

vmrs
02-18-2010, 12:39 AM
I could use some cookies! Some guy ran into my kids car (technically my car) while he was pumping gas and then took off. The store had the video but the licence plate came back unregistered and no record of insurance. Sigh.

susme48
02-18-2010, 03:38 AM
Linda....the last time I had breast surgery they used it too....but went in the same place...so am unsure if I will be as lucky. Plus they took more out. We 'peeked' today....looks pretty good.

Vmrs....that's awful...I hate when things like that happen!!

I guess all the sleep yesterday, is not gonna let me sleep now...sigh!

sveldstra
02-18-2010, 08:59 AM
Good morning all, coffee is up. Help yourselves.
I have to get off of here quicker than usual. I have a man coming to pick up my harris hawk painting for a silent auction at a fund raising dinner for a local wildlife rehabilitation centre. I'm glad it is going to a good cause, but I will miss it. He's showing up around nine, so I have to try to actually look presentable (brush hair, maybe get out of my pjs.) Once he has gone, I'll check back in.:wave:

abbimadgett
02-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Hi everyone. Just wanted to say a belated big THANK YOU to everyone who gave me fantastic advice on my "If you could only choose 5 colours..." post before Christmas. I've been offline for a couple of months, due to illness (bleurgh), snorkelling in the red sea (incredible), and now impending redundancy (boohoo) so hadn't noticed until yesterday that more people replied after I last posted. So thank you :) ) Now that it looks like I'm going to have a lot of time on my hands whilst looking for a new job, I intend to spend a lot of it at the canvas, so am going to treat myself to those paints whilst I can still afford them...just have to decide on the palette from all your fantastic suggestions! Take care one and all, keep up the fantastic work. All love, Abbi x

Lady Carol
02-18-2010, 11:17 AM
Well...since I cannot wrestle right now....:crying: CCCCaaaarrrroooolllllll?? Ray is being mean...sob , sob....sniff
Ray you go sit on the stairs for 2 days and think about how upset you made Susan.

Oh and don't you take those cooking with you!!!

*dee*
02-18-2010, 11:31 AM
G'mornin' y'all! *grabs cup of coffee*

Today's the service, I think we've got all the photos together for the wake afterwards. And we were up late, until the wee hours, choosing music for both the service & the wake.

Still don't know what day we are going to head home, we need to help my sister & b-i-l go through & sort out at least some of Dad's things.

GeeWop is not handling me being gone well at all! :crying: At first my oldest grand had no trouble at all with her. Now she's had enough of the separation and is growling at him! :eek: And she refuses to go outside with him. We're going to get Zoie to give it a try.

I know I'm really missing her! :crying: I don't ever want to leave her behind again...its horrible!

Raymo
02-18-2010, 11:48 AM
GeeWop is not handling me being gone well at all! :crying: At first my oldest grand had no trouble at all with her. Now she's had enough of the separation and is growling at him! :eek: And she refuses to go outside with him.

She's probly missin her fried chicken, steak, and gizzards.....:lol:

Raymo
02-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Ray you go sit on the stairs for 2 days and think about how upset you made Susan.

Oh and don't you take those cookies with you!!!
Ohhhh, ok :mad:....here's a cookie for Susan and Linda to share....:evil:

PattiLou
02-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Well gosh Ray, there was nine (9) dozen cookies, plenty enough to go around. I doubled the receipe so I would have enough.. One is not enough your know.:p

Just found out we have four couples coming to visit on Saturday, all classmates from Ohio (well, actually two of the couples now live in Florida). Made a mad dash to the grocery store this morning. I am having an easy, do ahead menu... BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, potato salad and peanut butter pie, plus snacks and dips. Got that covered now... even bought a new slow cooker for the pork. I wanted a new one anyway and this was a real good excuse.:lol: Oh I'm evil sneaking that in :evil:, any other time Jon would have said the old one was fine. Sometimes you just have to take advantage of the timing.:angel:

howyadoin
02-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Bret -- and others interested in internet sales -- did you know that there is an internet strategies forum on wet canvas? A lot of information, maybe TOOO much but this is the link: http://wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=70Hey, thanks. I really do need to branch out more around here, instead of just sticking here where I'm comfortable.

Lady Carol
02-18-2010, 04:40 PM
Interviewed a PhD candidate today. I feel sorry for her husband. I could not get a word in edge-wise. She just chatted about every little aspect of her work. She was a little egotistical but then you have to be to be a scientist.

Raymo
02-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Hola mi Amigas....:wave:

Equal parts geek, dork, AND egotistical....http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/wink-kiss-034.gif....with a sprinkling of weirdo.

Raymo
02-18-2010, 09:20 PM
Well gosh Ray, there was nine (9) dozen cookies, plenty enough to go around. I doubled the receipe so I would have enough.. One is not enough your know.:p

I have sharing issues and growl like an old mongrel dog if someone tries to take something of mine. Besides.....theys done et up....:lol:

howyadoin
02-18-2010, 09:30 PM
Hey folks, just thought I'd show you what I've been up to lately. And since it's not acrylics, I started a new thread on the Illustration board, where hardly anybody will see it:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608786

OkeeKat
02-19-2010, 01:36 AM
hello all, sorry been so busy with work and getting ready for going away this weekend for 4 days. will be back on monday nite. leaving at 8am tomorrow am, then the ART FEST in town on the 27th and 28th.!!
spent a few hrs the past few days finishing up the cypress trees. and no time for the computer.
packed the motorhome tonight and finaly answering emails.

intend to relax some this weekend, maybe sketch some, not going to take my paints, intend to get alot of photos!!
Later all, sorry for not replying individually!!
luv and hugs.

noodle1
02-19-2010, 09:08 AM
Good Morning peoples..haha

Coffee here and juice.

Bret that's great! I love the color of the car and your style is always something I've admired along with your skill and talent.

I decided to give the F&B challenge a go, oh bad idea...LOL it's so not me.
But I've been having fun slapping paint so it's all good. Don't know if I'll finish tho by tomorrow. Least I squeezed some tubes again..haha

Dee I've been thinking about you, praying for you and family and was happy to hear you got there safely, hope the return trip offers nothing in the way of bad weather and no problems. Hugs cutie.

Nothing going on here really, very quiet and not complaining at all bout that.
I haven't been overly chatty but I've been reading. Sue big Hugs, always tons of them coming your way everyday and prayers.

Hi Kathie, Kim, Kat, Carol guess being a little egotistical goes with the territory if anyone hopes to advance, some people are just more acceptable even tho they are..LOL and I don't mean you cause I don't think you are at all..hmmm that isn't coming out right at all is it..haha. Hi Patti you really started something with those cookies..hahaha better start baking again me thinks, Raymo's just a piggy...haha Hi Raymo my man..lol
Good Morning Shirl I hope you're doing better, Kathleen, Mary, Bell, Robert, Howard, Sharon, Ruthie, Lynda, all the gang.

Okay I'm off to see if I can finish my mess..haha Have a great day.
Windy as all get out here but bout 38 degrees. Be safe and well.

See ya later,
Hugs all round,
Elaine

sveldstra
02-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Good morning all, glad to see Elaine made the coffee. I'm running a bit late this morning. Hubby was out at a buddy's shop last evening, so when I put the monkeys to bed I started another 5X7 mock up. When I woke up I just had to keep going. It is almost finished, only a few more washes and hopefully I will be happy with it. I'm not sure if this is one that I will paint larger later, but after two days off the paints I was jonesing bad. Mudding and painting the bedroom just doesn't cut it creatively.
Well I hope everyone has a good day. I'll try to get back later and post what I've been up to in the regular threads.:wave:

Shirl Parker
02-19-2010, 11:02 AM
Hi Elaine. Things have improved. Hope you are doing well. :wave:

*dee*
02-19-2010, 01:06 PM
Hi y'all!

The service was yesterday, it was so hard to do. But its behind us. :crying:

My daughter & I will be heading back home sometime today. We both need to get back to work Monday, and we don't want to have to drive quite so hard on the way back. Luckily it LOOKS like the weather will be better for the return trip.

I'll let y'all know when I arrive back home.

Thank you all for your support & condolences.

howyadoin
02-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Finally getting back to some neglected canvases today. One thing about painting - it's definitely better physically than working on the computer.

RPut
02-19-2010, 07:19 PM
Oh My, I haven't been able to catch up much this week. I see there are no more cookies:( . Guess I'll have to make my own.

Dee, have been thinking of you lots. Have a safe trip home.

Howya, COOL car! Will look forward to more!

Kathie, have a good weekend.

Susan, hope you are on the mend.

Things around here? Well, I am such a ditz. I can be a terrible procastintor and needed to my K report cards done and loaded in Power Grade by last night. Got distracted with a friend over to visit and a couple bottles of wine. Work up at 4:30 with a start! :eek: :eek: :eek: OMG I FORGOT to put in my grades!!!!! The program wouldn't come up on my home computer, so Lucky and I were at school at 5 this morning to put in grades. Fortunately, I was able to get them in and the program wasn't locked up Back home for a shower and then back to school for the day. I'm home and ready for jammies!!!

Okay, Robbie is talking my ear off again. Later Friends!

Lady Carol
02-19-2010, 10:04 PM
Hola mi Amigas....:wave:

Equal parts geek, dork, AND egotistical....http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/wink-kiss-034.gif....with a sprinkling of weirdo.
Awww Honey, you noticed :p

Lady Carol
02-19-2010, 10:10 PM
Carol guess being a little egotistical goes with the territory if anyone hopes to advance, some people are just more acceptable even tho they are..LOL and I don't mean you cause I don't think you are at all..hmmm that isn't coming out right at all is it..haha.
Um well, let's be honest... I am egotistical, when I have to be. I am really good at writing BS about myself to sell my research ideas. It is the lay of the land. Outside of work, then no I am not.

Ruthie, I missed out on the cookies too. Our ever friendly protector-hound Raymo did too good a job at keeping everyone away.

noodle1
02-20-2010, 10:02 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Pot of coffee here and some juices, orange, grapefruit and V8..LOL

Shirl I'm happy to hear things are improving. I'm fine thank you for asking. Just quiet of late, seems to be turning around tho...haha

Morning Sue, Kat, Kim, Kathie, Ruthie, Dee, Raymo, Howard, Robert, Patti,
Kathleen, Mary, Lynda, Bell, Sharon, Carol all the gang.

What's everyone up to today? I hope it's something fun and or productive.
I'm going to clean, joy joy..haha

Will catch ya all later.
Hugs all round,
Elaine

Raymo
02-20-2010, 10:23 AM
Pot of coffee here and some juices, orange, grapefruit and V8..LOL

What the....? Are you puttin me on a diet or sumpin ?

(I spotted a cute browneyed girl this mornin http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/wink-kiss-034.gif)

~~Kathleen
02-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Morning all.
Coffee and hot sticky buns with melted butter for dipping....help yourself :)
Foggy and very warm here this morning. I took some photos of the Frost on a tin box we have on one of the smaller tables on the deck. I think the pics are neat as the tim had stylized snowflakes on it, and real frost crystals....kind of a juxtaposition. the others are on a shovel handle and the metal top of the table.... Enjoy all Nature sure caan be delicate.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Feb-2010/92567-frost_006.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Feb-2010/92567-frost_007.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Feb-2010/92567-frost_005.jpg

RPut
02-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Gorgeous Kathleen! The are beautiful shots!

The fridge is cleaned out and sparkling clean. Heading to the grocery store to restock!

Later All!

howyadoin
02-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Cool shots, Kathleen.

biddlebeach
02-20-2010, 04:45 PM
Cool shots, Kathleen.
boy, that is an understatement!
they are very COOL!!!!! lol
but also beautiful!

PattiLou
02-20-2010, 08:22 PM
Ruthie and Carol... Ray didn't get all the cookies, 'cause I got some hidden away in the freezer, took some out just for you.:lol:

Got all my work finished today for our crowd that's coming tomorrow, the fridge runneth over. Then some new drapes came that I ordered last week and I was in the middle of hanging them when the phone rang and my new glasses came in. Guess everything happens at once around here. Still getting used to my glasses... there aren't any scratches on them.:D Actually the prescription stayed the same from three years ago. That was good to know.

I'm pooped now... glad I don't have to do any work tomorrow.

howyadoin
02-20-2010, 08:30 PM
A buddy of mine printed out B&W copies of that 39 Chevy pic and got his kids to colour them. I love warping young minds.

RPut
02-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Mmmm Thanks Patti! Passing you some nice warm just out of the oven brownies.....cuz you are such a good friend to save some cookies for me!

PattiLou
02-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Well warm brownies is a hmmm hmmm good trade... snatching a couple before Ray finds them.

idylbrush
02-20-2010, 09:05 PM
Just back from a very strenuous board meeting. Took about 11 hours out of the day. New membership and all of that had to be attended to and then all the business stuff.

I am tired.

Just got off the line with a WC member from Australia. Had a nice long chat via Skype. What a treat and delight to actually talk with each other and see each other as well. I am delighted to have such an encounter.

Tired this evening and want to get some work done as I feel the day slipping through my fingers. tomorrow is going to be paperwork day as I have a bit of a financial crisis to deal with on Monday and Tuesday. Oh joy. My illness just keeps sending me blessing after blessing.

Overall, doing well and starting to feel like I want to live. So, no complaints here.

texana6
02-20-2010, 09:37 PM
"Overall, doing well and starting to feel like I want to live. So, no complaints here." -- Howard

Yep, sounds like you're feeling better.

Raymo
02-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Mmmmm....brownies and moleasses cookies....I will just have to charm you both out of your goodies....:lol:

Such a clear beautiful sky tonight. Mars is shining big and red, can see all the stars. Its been mid 60's most of the week and daffodils are blooming everywhere. The trees are greening up. Raymo's favorite time of year is just about here. Almost mowed the lawn today but talked myself out of it, hehe. Have a good night everyone....:wave:

Noodles....you might want to make some fried eggs, sausage links, english mcmuffins, and some v-8 in the morning. That way you get a good start on the day. Might as well make enough for everyone while youre at it....:evil:....do it ! (oh I do love buggin my Noodles, hehe)

dances_with_oils
02-20-2010, 11:23 PM
Hi folks:

Howard, sorry to hear about the finances but I'm glad you are feeling more alive.

Nice to know there's always some goodies or two to be had in here... brownies, cookies, cakes.. yum...

Spent the day gathering up some photo references of a new series that is in the works. Going to spend the down studio time, sketching and working out the palettes for the new series.

To the folks that did the self portrait challenge.. they are all just awesome! Well done.

I'm off to watch the Olympics, I look forward to the long shots of the mountains... *sigh* they are so pretty and I miss them.

*dee*
02-21-2010, 03:20 AM
Just popped in to let y'all know I made it home safe & sound.....but totally worn out!

We didn't start back until about 8p Friday night. :rolleyes: My sister & b-i-l wanted to take my daughter & myself out to eat before we left...and then we had to stop in to say goodbye to an elderly aunt.

I just got home (around 1am)....and I think this is Sunday. :rolleyes: :lol:

Talk to y'all after I've gotten some real sleep, in my own bed..cuddled up with GeeWop! :smug:

idylbrush
02-21-2010, 05:53 AM
Dee, glad you made it home safe and somewhat sound. Those long non stop trips are a bear. I am relieved you are safe and at home. I bet Geewop is happy as well.

Well, not sleeping again. Got up at 1AM and haven't been able to wind down enough to get back to sleep.

Trying to get a bit of work done in the studio but my heart isn't in it.

Have a busy day ahead and my heart isn't into that either.

Maybe I can get the world to stop for a few minutes.