GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: "The Point"
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 11 X 14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Please critique with frank and open comments to the "Professional" qualities (if any) of the painting.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
need comments on all aspects of the painting

TScottDove
09-16-2002, 02:07 AM
"If any," he says.

Strong composition. Beautiful color. But the strong light source and the distant mist blurring the horizon are particularly appealing. I feel as if I am there. Bravo.

jerryW
09-16-2002, 02:37 AM
natural and nicely not overdone.
colors move through the painting like
an emotional dance.
use of open (not outlined) form

Wayne Gaudon
09-16-2002, 09:51 AM
Hi Rodger ..
NICE .. Loose .. 2 things come to mind .. with those brush strokes thicker paint would look good and the lighthouse could use a dark side to give it form.

Rodger Walker
09-16-2002, 06:01 PM
Thanks to All for the time and effort that you have given my painting. Your generous comments are extremely valuable to my efforts. :clap:

BRIDGES
09-16-2002, 06:48 PM
Yes , nice lighthouse pic.-a little shadow and that is all. Soft and I feel the sea breeze- nice.Bridges

jerryW
09-16-2002, 07:43 PM
echo-ing waynes thicker paint thing

Paintonbrush
09-17-2002, 10:27 AM
I echo the thicker paint too, it could be almost like a Behrens....one of my fav thick painters-great composition you have here. love your perspective. Did you paint this on site?

AFKAG
09-17-2002, 10:45 AM
Great work!

One thing that caught my attention: If the house and the lighthouse are next to each other, they should have the same amount of contrast. The house has a sharper contrast, while the lighthouse has less (making it look further away).

Enough picking. I REALLY enjoy your use of color and the introduction of more color in the foreground

echo TScott: "if any", he says.

geek

Rodger Walker
09-18-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Paintonbrush
I echo the thicker paint too, it could be almost like a Behrens....one of my fav thick painters-great composition you have here. love your perspective. Did you paint this on site?

Paintbrush.... I painted this for a assortment of photos I took last year while on the Coast. Thanks for comments. I see what everyone means about shadow on the lighthouse.

Thanks everyone for your help