PDA

View Full Version : Wow! What have you done to the place?

skintone
02-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Well it's only been 2 maybe 3 years since I've been on and there seems to be a lot of changes. Are we completely separate from the pastel group now?

Anyway after attempting to sit down with my 3 and 2 year old to do some coloring for them, and a little painting for me I discovered that I have lost it. I couldn't draw a tree. So I am dragging my but back in here to see if I can get my act together. Hopefully you all can give me the encouragement and critique to surrender myself to art again. I seem to have lost my quiet place inside. I've been too busy in life to even notice it.

Mmadsen
02-05-2010, 05:24 PM
As long as you return the favor. Welcome back. I wish I could comment on what's different but it's only been 2 1/2 years for me and it's always looked this way. Sounds great to be our own weird world.

Mark

Pat Isaac
02-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Hi Josie and welcome back. Yes, we are completely separate from the pastel forum now. When you post make sure to put it in the oil pastel studio forum and to talk about materials and join our weekly chat thread post in the talk forum.
Hope to see you here soon.

Pat

boardpainter
09-28-2010, 04:34 PM
I can't welcome you back cause I'm new myself so I'll say howdy there old timer.

I find myself to be visually motivated. If goofing off with a computer art software doesn't give me any ideas I'll just go into the woods and sit by a stream (we have many up here) or take a long walk. Getting out away from the noise of life sometimes gives me direction.

But sometimes I like to go right into the worst places I can find so I can get upset and anxious. Like rush hour traffic, watch the news on TV, or maybe just remember somebody who really did me wrong years ago.

It may sound weird but there are times when this gets my inspirational pump going. Actually I think I paint my best when Iím stimulated by extreme love or extreme hate. What I have to watch out for is becoming indifferent. That will kill my art.

Pat Isaac
09-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Welcome to OPs, boardpainter. Do you use oil pastels? If so, would love to have you participate in the studio forum with posts or in the talk forum if you have questions.
Hope to see you.

Pat