PDA

View Full Version : Hope - please take a look, may it touch your heart

Soul Expressions
02-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Just over a week ago I had a painting laid heavily on my heart. I have been in a painting flurry as it has poured out of me onto my canvas since then. I have even felt a sense of urgency in sending this out. I knew the title before I began..."Hope". There are so many of you struggling out there, if not now then you have in the past, just as I have. What is life without hope? There is a way to find your hope if you have lost it, to fill your heart with peace, and contentment, no matter what you are currently going through in your lives. It is found at the foot of the cross, the book of Romans has a lot to say about hope. I know this is a bold message for me and not something I usually do, but this painting and message is meant for someone out there. So, I am listening and responding to what I hear. Could it be you?
Rom 8:24-25 (NIV) For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

Rom 12:12 (TEB) Let your hope keep you joyful, be patient in your troubles, and pray at all times.

Rom 15:13 (Phi) May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in your faith, that by the power of the Holy Spirit, your whole life and outlook may be radiant with hope.

Heb 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

This painting is a 24x36 acrylic on canvas. I used one of my photos of Ireland, along with the vision laid on my heart. May you experience HOPE.

Danimal316
02-03-2010, 02:18 PM
That is a beautiful message, and the painting truly does a wonderful job of expressing it. Great work, and may God bless everything you do.

noodle1
02-03-2010, 02:20 PM
This is a wonderful painting Lucy. All the elements of life itself...rocky sometimes, lush and green others and always the light among the clouds.
It's the light and it's glow on the earth that says to me that what some see as folly opens the heavens and overcomes any darkness. Touched indeed.

Elaine

kenyart
02-03-2010, 04:50 PM
I love this and your courage in painting and posting it.

Soul Expressions
02-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Thank you and courage indeed... I have an email list of a few hundred people that I send my new paintings about once a month. This was layed on my heart so heavily, I know I was supposed to paint it and send it. I have to say I hovered over that send button for some time! A bit scary! So far the response has been amazing. Even had a few say they forwarded it to everyone in their address book! Painting for me has always fed my soul and felt God lead. In most of my subject matter it is much more sublte. This is the first time I felt led to be this bold. I am listening. :)

Linee
02-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Rich in art and message! I love the silver lining to the clouds, and the glow which radiates from the cross, permeating even the shadows.

iloverealistic
02-03-2010, 06:59 PM
:thumbsup:

susme48
02-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Absolutely, positively wonderful!! Both message and painting do speak....I hope whoever need to see it will!!

Aires
02-03-2010, 08:59 PM
A lovely painting with a message so many need to hold fast to! It will bring renewed courage to a beloved person facing terminal cancer so please know that your effort has born fruit beyond your expectations. Thank you for sharing this beautiful painting/message.

Scotkatidid
02-04-2010, 12:43 AM
This a a very powerful painting and Bless you for having the need and the skill to bring it to fruition!

LavenderFrost
02-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Beautiful!

Drama Queen
02-04-2010, 02:14 PM
wonderful painting and message the title is so perfect for this

MCARTERMLB
02-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Excellent!!! Thank You!!! God Bless You!!!

Soul Expressions
02-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Thank you all deeply and to Eloise, you have touched my heart in return. Your sharing means the world to me. Helps me to be bold and to listen. Lucy