PDA

View Full Version : The Artist Group Dinner 2009

mike okeefe
01-28-2010, 03:20 PM
We had a wonderful night eating and playing drawing games. Wish we could do it more often. I drew this at the dinner and then colored it at home. It is currently up at a show "Shirtfactory" in Medina, NY. It was also featured in the Batavia news paper "The Daily" along with information on our group and the show. I believe that this is consistent with my evolution as an artist.

Thanks, Mike

Wilsonart
01-28-2010, 03:26 PM
I always enjoy seeing your work!
How did you 'color' this?
Is it painted, or digital, etc.?
The guy in the rear left really jumps out.
Not that its' a bad thing, at all,
only that he was the first thing I saw.
He's beautifully done.
Great piece. :thumbsup:

Gal1952
01-28-2010, 03:45 PM
If this is anything to go by, you look as though you all had a wild time! I love the Picassoish woman in the centre.

Gal

micahmullen
01-28-2010, 05:54 PM
A great piece - What is the media(s)?

amoremio
01-29-2010, 02:59 AM
oh this is great piece! love it!

mike okeefe
01-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Thank you to all for your comments. As I've done the last couple of years, usually I draw with pen on print paper and then scan it into the computer and then use a paint program to color in the space. I rarely uses any filters or effects. I then print them out, with the goal of making giclees out of them. Some scans may start out as big as 6000 pixels, one was even 96 inches long. So when the are printed out they don't lose their quality. Sometimes though, I want a more pixely type feel to them and will use a lower resolution. I would like to see more artist that are using a similar way of creating, please refer them to me if you know of any.

Thank you,

Mike O'Keefe