PDA

View Full Version : Look look what I got for free!!!!!

inmystudio
01-26-2010, 01:59 AM
It's Australia Day today:wave: so we went over to my mothers for lunch and I came home with all this wonderful :clap: stuff.

My mother and her partner once owned an art supply store and they still had all these pastels papers in storage as well as a couple of boxes of pastels they didn't use much and they gave this to me:D

There are 4 full packets of Sansfix paper in different colours plus about 100 other sheets in all colours, a box of Rowney pastels that seem so soft and in perfect colours that I want for high lighting! Alphacolor pastels and lots of other things.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jan-2010/210584-from_mum_and_greg_001.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jan-2010/210584-from_mum_and_greg_002.jpg

I can't believe how lucky I am to have been giving all these things, but what is even better is that they are so excited that I am finally into painting and have given me such wonderful encouragement and praise:heart:

Cheers from a very lucky Deborah.

Mary Y
01-26-2010, 03:19 AM
Deborah,
Happy Australia Day.
Enjoy all those lovely art supplies.
Mary

inmystudio
01-26-2010, 03:44 AM
Thanks Mary same to you!!
I'm in Sydney and it has been incredibly hot so we have spent all day in the water, but it's getting cooler now and that means it's time to go and play with my pastels :D

JPQ
01-26-2010, 05:04 AM
Its nice know Rowneys are soft if this means Daler Rowney. and Faber-Castels what are red box what you have i almost sure based other Faber-Castell kid/student stuff what i tested/used are actually very good for price and when these are free is even nicer.
ps. i thinked how soft their are.

Kathryn Wilson
01-26-2010, 10:34 AM
Excellent gift for an artist - Happy Australia day too!

Paula Ford
01-26-2010, 11:07 AM
WOW! How wonderful!! Happy Australia Day!!

Phil Coleman
01-26-2010, 11:27 AM
Rowney pastels are much underated!

They are extremely smooth to use and the hardness is consistent throughout their range.. They are a little softer than the Giraults but they layer very well.

They have re_vamped their range and the newer sticks are of a larger diameter but they possess the same qualities as those pastels displayed in your photo.

saramathewson
01-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Wow! You lucked out!

Happy Australia day!!

Sara

Ruthie57
01-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Wow Lucky you :clap: You'll have to do lots of pastel work now!
Happy Australia Day too!

robertsloan2
01-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Wow, that's a great haul! Happy Australia Day! Your mom's so generous, looks like you'll be able to sketch and paint to heart's content on all those luscious colors with a nice variety of pastels and other mediums.

Watercolor pencils rock too. They're great for underpaintings, scribble, swish, let it dry and have at with your pastels!

adventureartist
01-26-2010, 11:02 PM
Around here, that is known as a BIG SCORE! YEEEHAWW! Happy Aussie Day!:D

JPQ
01-26-2010, 11:10 PM
Rowney pastels are much underated!

They are extremely smooth to use and the hardness is consistent throughout their range.. They are a little softer than the Giraults but they layer very well.

They have re_vamped their range and the newer sticks are of a larger diameter but they possess the same qualities as those pastels displayed in your photo.

This is really nice know mean hardness is constant.

inmystudio
01-27-2010, 02:23 AM
Thanks everyone,

I tried the Rowney pastels today and it's amazing how different they are to my AS pastels, now I know what people are talking about when they say their pastels go on like butter. They are so smooth that at first I had to keep on checking that they didn't have some kind of oil in them, I must of read the packet about 5 times:)

Getting to feel a softer pastel, helps me to understand a lot more of what I have been reading.

Cheers Deborah.

jmp
01-28-2010, 11:35 AM
I have a few Rowney's, really love them. How lucky of you to get all this stuff!

ElsieH
01-31-2010, 12:26 AM
:wave:

What a great way to celebrate!
Happy Australia Day! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Have great fun with those! :thumbsup:

Get Dusty!