PDA

View Full Version : Jackie Simmonds ANTV Workshop

Deborah Secor
01-24-2010, 11:29 AM
I found this in my inbox this morning, from Artist's Network TV:

Sneak Peek
In next week's workshop, Pastel Workout with Jackie Simmonds, Part 1, you'll build a knowledge of how pastels work in order to create great paintings. Jackie starts out with playful exercises designed to get you familiar with the types of pastels, strokework, layering, blending, underpainting and more. You'll then move on to apply these techniques as you create single subjects in pastel, then finish up with three complete painting demos—a lush landscape, vibrant floral and fun veggie still life.

Do tell us more, Jackie! Sounds like a very exciting video to me...

Deborah

robertsloan2
01-24-2010, 11:45 AM
Yay for a new pastels workshop! One of these months I'm just going to subscribe to the whole thing and relax and enjoy them all. Yours was great too, Deborah. I bought that one and love it, watch it every now and then to remind myself not to just do white clouds and blue sky.

Paula Ford
01-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Oh, yes! Can't wait to see it!

PETE K
01-24-2010, 01:43 PM
I can't wait either.

Deborah Secor
01-31-2010, 07:54 PM
Just thought I'd update this... Here's the link (http://www.artistsnetwork.com/video_preview.aspx?id=14137)where you can see a 5 minute preview of Jackie's video. And this is Part 1, so I'm assuming there is a part 2 coming!

Looks great, Jackie. :D

Deborah

Colorix
01-31-2010, 08:41 PM
I learned things from the preview, this looks fab!

Charlie