PDA

View Full Version : Quick Dry Cafe 01-23 thru 01-30

noodle1
01-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Morning Cafe Gang....new week again, this month is flying by..teehee

Coffee, muffins and some OJ. Hope everyone enjoying your weekend.
Will be back to check out the chatter later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

~~Kathleen
01-24-2010, 10:44 AM
Morning Elaine, thenks for the muffin & coffee. YUM
Kind of a nothing day here, but we will see where it takes me.
Have a good one all....still suffering the bad weather Kathie wished on us!:wink2:

PattiLou
01-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Morning ya'll, I've been hanging paintings but I ran out of framing supplies so now I have to go shopping. Oh durn!:evil:

Lady Carol
01-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Patti that must have been very traumatic for you - a dash to the art store. I really feel for you :wink2:

Looking at potentially spending money today as well. Researching new kitchen appliances :D We (as in me) wants updated appliances and granite counter tops, etc. The deal was that if hubby bought his car, we had to do the kitchen. So hubby has his car and he is keeping his word and we are researching kitchen options.

noodle1
01-24-2010, 03:40 PM
Wow are you the only guys up...haha it's almost 2:30pm here and I'm just getting home from noon Mass, visiting priest...I thought I was chatty...haha

Gee Patti what a shame:rolleyes: well get it over with girl, my sympathies...
NOT :lol:

Carol now that's my kind of bargaining. Hmmm wonder what Larry would want in exchange for letting me gut this place and starting over, oh I know a lobotomy..:D Have fun planning it all out.

It's raining cats and dogs, oh no that's just at my house teehee actually the sanding trucks were out and the road I travel part of it was closed cause someone felt like superman. Didn't seem that slick but I guess if you're going fast enough it could be.

Kathleen I don't think I'm willing to give anyone that much power...:lol:
cept maybe good old mother nature whoever that is....:lol:

Okay so what is everyone else doing, quiet here. Raymo high in the sky or maybe landing as we speak. Not much going on for the rest of the afternoon, hubby making chili :eek: that just hit me "he's" cooking....haha
Maybe I can play with some paint.

See ya all later,
Hugs all round,
Elaine

Lady Carol
01-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Hmmm wonder what Larry would want in exchange for letting me gut this place and starting over, oh I know a lobotomy..:D
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Jan-2010/11811-27632-lmaosmiley.gif

biddlebeach
01-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Hi everyone! I am finally feeling sort of human today,, I actually have a whole chicken in the oven and ran the vacuum today! whoot!
That is a big deal after the way I have felt the past several days..
no painting done, have not been able to drag myself to the basement, but I have been crocheting hats for cancer patients, so I HAVE been busy,, LOL
Hope tomorrow is better,, sigh,,

Raymo
01-24-2010, 05:10 PM
Gettin ready to take off here, you girls be good. PattiCakes was the only one that considered sending me money but it didnt get here. Big fibber. I will probly come back rich but i'll still treat you all the same, no hoity toity airs for me. Dont give Carol (my sweety babboo) too much trouble while i'm gone. Well, ok....go ahead....:lol: :evil:....

Later freaks ! (I will probly have to buy a new bag to bring all the cash back) See ya Thursday....Raymondo !

biddlebeach
01-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Have fun Ray!

Shirl Parker
01-24-2010, 06:11 PM
Good afternoon all :wave:

*dee*
01-24-2010, 06:43 PM
Hi y'all!!!!

Good day at work, and even though I tried to get "my 'puter time" in right away, GeeWop insisted that we go visiting. So we've been to my daughter's, her mother-in-law's and had GeeWop's "play-date" with the neighbor's poo/chi. She sure is bossy!!!! :lol:

She's really gonna be throwin' fits before the week is out!!! :rolleyes:

Gonna try to catch up on what's happened here today.....see ya later!!!

RPut
01-24-2010, 07:05 PM
Hi Ya!

Have Fun Ray!

Kinda slow here. I've been poking around with my paints, and then finally painted over everything and just started over. Letting it dry and will try again. sigh.

Very windy here. Good thing the snow we got Friday was the heavy sticky kind or we would be in a major blizzard. Suppose to get a bit more snow, but it's not the impressive storm the weather guys were/are saying--IMHO anyway. Suppose it's not fun out in the country. Guess it could still develop as the warnings are out until Mon. afternoon.

Made some new little curtains for our little bathroom. So was at least a bit productive today.

Later Friends!!

objectivistartist
01-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Later freaks ! (I will probly have to buy a new bag to bring all the cash back) See ya Thursday....Raymondo ! Just remember, barrels don't bend when ye need to sit :rolleyes::evil::lol::lol::lol:

PattiLou
01-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Have fun Ray... we'll miss you. Gonna be a quiet week for sure.:D

OkeeKat
01-24-2010, 08:02 PM
Hiya all!!!

Tried to getion this am and post but the kids got here a little before 8am, so had to stop, realized 5 hrs later was stll logged in, /sigh.
Today the moving van was due in at 9am so offered to watch the grandkids while they unloaded the moving van, ohh they kept me busy all morning and had lunch, Just in time son and DIL finished up and we took the kids back over as we had to get my aunt to the airport and some other errands like the Art Store, Jerry's Artarama in West Palm beach! of course we also had to stop at a little hobby shop for Hubby and Father inlaw.. for their Radio control airplane stuff!!

Got a few large canvas and brushes. YEAH!!

:lol: Good one Kathleen, Only wish I could do that to the weather, woulda gotten rid of that cold snap we had after Christmas!!
I did try to send you up some sun!!!:D Hope it got there!!

Ray, have fun!!!
Robert, good one.. giggled about the Barrel!!:lol:

seems everyone has been busy!!

Mary, glad to hear your feeling better!!

well we had pizza for dinner and Joe got me one of my favorite sandwiches, since I was such a good girl!!... Eggplant parm sub!! Mmmmmm good!!:smug:

back to painting, also going to sketch out a small canvas, I think of my Vinnie, as next saturday I'm going to share a booth with the Humane society and bring my pet portraits, and paint Vinnie while there! Hope to help them and drum up some business!!

Later all!!

~~Kathleen
01-24-2010, 08:35 PM
Well, I have accomplished absolutely nothing todaym, but reading a good book and Napping! :)
Have a good time in Vegas Ray & Teena.....:thumbsup:
Robert, I am sorry, but I just saw your "Hookers" Painting, and it is wonderful...Love the title.
Carol, are you going to completely rework the kitchen or just upgrade?
By the time your finished picking out your wants/needs...Your Husband just might have to sell the car to finance it LOL
:lol: Good one Kathleen, Only wish I could do that to the weather, woulda gotten rid of that cold snap we had after Christmas!!
I did try to send you up some sun!!!:D Hope it got there!! Well, you did say that you were sorry that we had balmy weather....
To my kind of thinking that is not sending Sun of any kind. But if that is the way you feel....
Hi Shirl, Hi Margaret
Hello Susan wherever you are, we might chat later Okay?
Off to do more of nothing LOL
Standing Rib roast for dinner and all the fixings, just getting scent of it now....Love it.
Be well all

Lady Carol
01-24-2010, 08:46 PM
See ya Thursday....Raymondo !
Oh good he's gone, now we can really talk about him.:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Lady Carol
01-24-2010, 08:59 PM
Carol, are you going to completely rework the kitchen or just upgrade?
By the time your finished picking out your wants/needs...Your Husband just might have to sell the car to finance it LOL
We are really upgrading. I like the layout of the kitchen and the cupboard doors. We got a quote for cabinet refacing only and that was $17K. Ridiculous. I like my kitchen cabinets, except that they look a little tired. We have decided that we will give them a really good clean and wood treatment and see how they turn out. If they still look bad then we will shop around a little more. There was nothing really that I hate about them. But I hate the counter tops which at the moment are tile. Tile = ick! and the back splash which is the same tile. And the appliances need updating to stainless steel.

As for financing, unlike the average American, we do not finance anything. We pay cash, even his new car we paid cash for. I cannot rationalize the point of paying more for something with interest. Spend a few months pr so saving up for it and in the long run it is cheaper.

~~Kathleen
01-24-2010, 10:14 PM
Carol said: we do not finance anything. We pay cash
I so agree with you. When my daughter was young and I was on my own, we never used credit for anything. The only credit card I have is my Platinum, and I use it only when I travel and pay it off before the end of the month faithfully. (I use it more for security than anything, as I don't like carrying cash when I am roaming around!
My first home was 1/2 paid for when we moved into it, and fully paid off in three years.
I have saved thousands of dollars in interest over the years, and everything I had I owned outright. It is a very good habit to learn. :clap:

~~Kathleen
01-24-2010, 10:15 PM
Now about Raymo....
Do you think Teena married him so he would not feel "left out?":wink2:

*dee*
01-24-2010, 10:56 PM
I think Teena married him becuz she has a thing for "bad boys"! That's gotta be it! :lol:

I agree about the "cash" vs "financing"! MOST of the things I have financed have been VERY short-term...and I had a substantial down-payments. When my ex & I bought our property it was paid off in 5 years...same thing with our mobile home (which was a repo & a "steal"). It was tight during that time...but we paid for our home.,...not the banker's! LOL

At the moment I do not have ANY plastic.....and I'm okay with that! :thumbsup: If I can't pull out the cash & pay for it...I wait. Not a big deal. A lot of purchases are done on "impulse" and are items that aren't really "wanted" much less "needed".

dances_with_oils
01-24-2010, 11:55 PM
Hi folks:

Mary, glad to hear you are feeling better. I woke up this morning with a queasy tummy and upchucked. My poor dog was beside herself trying to "help". I guess I'm a little tense over not hearing from hubby and my daughter heads into court tomorrow for the custody of the children and it's affecting my poor tummy.

Didn't get much painting done today as I crashed on the sofa and watched TV. Feeling a bit better now.

Our weather turned to rain today and poor Branwen went from mucky pup to drenched pup. Yesterday we went for a very long walk and by the time we got back, she was flithy. Apparently for the next few days she's going to be drenched. (hate the smell of wet dog - ick)

Kathleen, I really love your new piece. I especially like the former figure you covered up to start over popping through the image - it makes the scene look like the figure is willing herself in her anger to be in a different position.

Robert, love the piece. How's the new hip coming along?

Carol, good luck with the renos. I suspect once we move out to Alberta, we'll be doing the same. So far, all the houses listed out there are showing some very sad, tired looking kitchens.

Dee, Kathleen, have to agree on the cash only way of working. We've always done the pay cash for larger purchases - we have credit cards for emergencies and for travelling but they stay in the safe until needed.

Howard, how is kitty doing? I really love your red piece. Can't wait to see it finished.

raymo, have fun - hope lady luck is on your side. (or teena's)

~~Kathleen
01-25-2010, 12:15 AM
Bell said:Kathleen, I really love your new piece. I especially like the former figure you covered up to start over popping through the image - it makes the scene look like the figure is willing herself in her anger to be in a different position.
I was looking at that Bell, and I was contemplating it as you now see it.
I actually was going to cover it up with some impasto work, But I just may let her stay that way!
Thanks for your welcome comment re this. :)

Re Raymo....Teena sure is a Saint isn't she:evil:

OkeeKat
01-25-2010, 02:56 AM
Kathleen,
well I guess I worded it wrong again. I was thinking when you were discussing the frost and said its down right balmy, I was thinking It was uncomfortably humid, that you weren't happy about the change..I didnt realize the happy icon after it.. duh!!. so my mistake., but I did hope you that it warmed up enough to melt the snow,:lol: hehe did that count??

ohh well thats past. I just hope you are doing well.

was very windy down here today and a bit chilly.but was still in the upper 60's, wind made it feel much cooler.

Did get to paint tonight and started a new little one to work on saturday at the humane socitey booth at the winter fest in the next town.

Poor Teena, can you imagine living with him??:evil::lol: I do hope they have fun!
nite all!!

susme48
01-25-2010, 03:20 AM
Wow...y'all been chatting up a storm....I got up a bit late, but had coffee with neighbor anyway...while she used my pc I started painting (about 11 ?) and did not stop till after dinner...then had to check on the farms...and now the day is done.

They go by sooo quickly!! Finally got it in WOYE...and facebook...was gonna slip off to bed, and guess who is up....sigh!! This is just so old now.

Maybe if I go, he will...?

sveldstra
01-25-2010, 08:16 AM
Good morning all coffee is hot.
The big kids start exams today, which means my free time will be severely cut this week. Not great timing considering I have to get that bear finished and print labels for all the pieces in the solo exhibit that goes up the beginning of February. Today I also have to get the two miniatures from my framers who was cutting mats for me, and put them in frames and get them to the show in a town about forty minutes away. I really wanted to keep working on the painting on my easel. It is just getting to the point where I can start on the bear itself.:(
Well hope everyone has a good day. One of the teens is kicking me off my computer already.

noodle1
01-25-2010, 08:45 AM
Morning Sharon, thanks for the coffee, got a pot here too and some breakfast if anyone hungry.

Leaving shortly to pick up my daughter-in-law, she has to go get cortizone shots in her back, she actually is being told she needs surgery but the insurance company I think are dragging their feet on that, so the shots are to prove she actually does need that surgery. Scary huh to let anything or anyone manipulate you in the direction they want you to go whether they are right or wrong so long as they can control.

Rant of the day...lol Pouring here but actually warm.

Carol I have oak cabinets and we used this wood restore stuff on them, you just wipe in a single stroke and I tell ya I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't try it, they look like new. Larry was happy...haha he hates sanding and stripping stuff. I have all oak floors too and he's just going to have to get over it cause they need!! to be done..haha

Hi Sue, Kathie, Kat, Kim, Howard, Robert, Raymo the missing, Shirl, Dee, Ruthie, Patti, Mary glad you are feeling better, oops end of thought transmission..sorry if I missed anyone.

Have a great day everyone I'll see ya all later maybe.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

idylbrush
01-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Busy day ahead here. Working on tax paperwork and then I have a lunch date with a friend of mine. After that I come home and start getting ready to teach a class at the Ringling College. I start Wednesday night! Kind of snuck up on me this year.

Belle, the cat, bless her soul, is still using the carpet as a litter box. I am hoping it is because the medications haven't quite kicked in yet. She has two weeks of antibiotics with daily cleanings of her bum. if all of this doesn't straighten out pretty quick, she's going to find herself in a shelter. I'm afraid she has already destroyed the carpet. not unlike others here, I am not a big fan of credit cards or credit and I generally try to pay cash whenever possible. The best price isn't the best price if you have to pay interest on it. I have one credit card and I use it for emergencies. New carpeting is not an emergency!

The last few days I've been off center for some reason. Probably part of the ongoing saga of my life. Stomach has been off-center, just an overall feeling of malaise.

The studio is starting to really get to me and unfortunately there isn't a whole lot I can do about it at the moment except bear with it for a while and try to work through. until this next show gets mounted the studio is going to be insanely crowded. Getting the taxes done is going to be a big step in the right direction. I need to get the paperwork put away. I'm beginning to realize that I have artwork all over the house in piles and stacks. I may have to go through and disassemble a bunch of frames and try and figure out what to do with the work. Storage is becoming a monumental issue. May have to find some sort of storage pod. Either that or I have a bonfire in the backyard.

Need to get my day started

dances_with_oils
01-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Morning all,

Woke up to fog and pouring rain. This is perhaps a good thing as the streets were getting quite dirty from all the sand, salt and whatever else they have been chucking on the road to melt the ice. Sump pumps are going nuts (another thing on my next house wish list.. no sump pumps - any time you intentionally invite water back into the house, it can only spell trouble).

Howard, sorry to hear she's still missing the box... a friend of mine went through something similar with her Siamese a few years ago. Turned out the cat was going blind and could smell where the litter was but not quite see it to get in it. She missed the eyesight as it is usual to look at the obvious.. UTI and kidney/bladder malfunctions when they start missing the box. The fix was putting water proof pads around the are where she peed. My old superintendent of our condo used to use this product called Liquid Alive to get rid of pee odors form the carpets... worked on my carpet as the lady I bought the condo from let her cat pee on the carpet. http://www.coloradokayak.com/Liquid-Alive-Enz-1-qt-

I'm sitting by the phone today, kid is in court today for the custody of the children and hubby hopefully will get a line through soon.

OkeeKat
01-25-2010, 10:31 AM
G'Morning all
Susan, hope you got some sleep!!
Sharon, my you sound very busy, I just love your polar bear scene!! god luck with the show!!
Elaine thanks for the OJ!, have cinnamon buns here, help yourselves!!!
Howard, oh my sorry to hear the kitty isn't doing better, that's gotta be frustrating! I need to tidy up my studio too!
Belle, will keep your daughter in my prayers for the custody battle!! Shame kids have to go thru that.((HUGS))

Rained last night and looks like its not done. very over cast and cloudy!, Might just paint all day, thinking Piper needs a bath and haircut.. not sure will get to that today!!

Will stop back in later...:wave:

idylbrush
01-25-2010, 10:42 AM
My cat has been nearly blind since the first day I got her which is now about 8 years ago. She has generally adjusted to the condition. There are moments when her eyes work to some degree but it is truly very limited.

I fear with the UTI and her disposition, she is just being a bit difficult and seriously lazy.

Must admit she takes her pills very well. She even tolerates me washing and rinsing her bum, at least at the moment. Unfortunately I can't take the time to do it daily when I travel in the summer. I am lucky to even take care of myself let alone the cat.

susme48
01-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Morning all...off to an early slump here....:lol: should be cleaning, doing laundry, etc. but sitting here like a lump so far!!

Hugs to all!!

~~Kathleen
01-25-2010, 12:17 PM
Morning all, Hope your day pans out superbly!
Howard....You do know that you never gave yourself a break and or rest since your treatments. Be kind to yourself. I know things have to be done, but take small steps every day please.
Bell....I hope your daughter fares well re the children. Sounds like the SIL is a real Jerk!
Susan....What? We are NOT supposed to be Lumps in the morning? Nobody told me :wink2:
Morning Elaine....Thanks for the coffee, popped in grabbed a cup and ran without posting (I know My Bad! :smug:) but the coffee was wonderful.

The sunrise here this morning (Its a cold one).....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jan-2010/92567-wheels6_007.jpg

~~Kathleen
01-25-2010, 01:22 PM
Being a space hog here, but I just took these and had to share them.
Was outside meditating, and snow began to fall....I ran inside got a piece of blue construction paper. Here is are results.
Snowflakes....
Such delicate fleeting beauty.
Hope you all enjoy them :)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jan-2010/92567-wheels6_018.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jan-2010/92567-wheels6_020.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jan-2010/92567-wheels6_021.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jan-2010/92567-wheels6_022.jpg

PattiLou
01-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Wow, cool Kathleen. They are so pretty and delicate.

I'm taking a break from paperwork, organizing and filing. Borrrriiiinnnggg! I had to take a break or else go braindead... never did like filing.:lol:

The temperature has dropped about 5 degrees since this morning, another cold front coming in. Rained a bunch last night and this morning.

Oh well, I hear paper fluttering in the other room, better get back to work.:(

Shirl Parker
01-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Howard, how old is your cat? I'm afraid that your problem is hopeless in terms of getting her to go where you want. From my experience the only thing you can do is cover your carpet with plastic everywhere she wants to go, and put down newspapers.

Lady Carol
01-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Carol I have oak cabinets and we used this wood restore stuff on them, you just wipe in a single stroke and I tell ya I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't try it, they look like new.
So if I google wood restore stuff it will come up?

Lady Carol
01-25-2010, 05:19 PM
As for Teena, she has a heart of gold.

susme48
01-25-2010, 06:00 PM
Afternoon everyone (Elaine, Kat, Carol, Maureen, Kathy, Kim, Ozone, Gayle, Sandy, Howard, Kathleen, Dee, Mary, Patti, Sharon, Kathrin, Ruthie, Ray, Robert, Shirl, Kathie, Bell, Doris and Shrl)!! See I do remember.

Sharon....sorry about the pc....'fraid I might use who's pc is it on that one...:lol: tho' I do know how they bug ya! We are lucky to have two....I admit it totally and completely...I HATE to share!!

Howard, I hope you feel better soon!

Bell...we are to get rain too....and then ice....arg!! But not till the end of the week. Chilly tho', and alot of wind till then. Hope your daughter wins!!!

Brought in a ton of wood...just in case....icestorms knock out power in a hurry down here...never prepared for it. And will store some more water...we have well water...but without the pump....nothing. We had a generator, but it died....sad to say. Can run some stuff from trucks with inverters, but not the pump...no plug...:lol: Ah, well...at least as a former yankee (and survivor of the fringes of Katrina), I know how to prepare, and what you need to have on hand. Lots of kerosene lanterns and lamp oil....much brighter than candles and battery operated lights...and no need to store batteries.

Got about 5 hrs Kathie...will have to adjust ourselves....she cannot come late...so I get to deal with afternoons myself...but 10-2 is ok. Had a great day today....he interacted because SHE did, and got a nice shower, and quite a bit of outside in spite of the wind. Enough to where he is napping now. :D

Kathleen....gorgeous sunrise!! I am always amazed that those tiny little flakes actually do look as elaborate as those we made in school....and even more so. I look at them...know that there is never a duplicate...and I am sure that someone had a hand in it.

As for Teena, she has a heart of gold. Amen, Carol!!

OkeeKat
01-25-2010, 06:19 PM
Taking a break too but from the easel, Patti~ hope the paperwork goes quickly. never fun!!
Kathleen, love the sunset and the snowflakes, they are sooo perfect, amazing mother nature! Thanks for sharing!
SUsan, glad you got a little sleep, and the caregiver did well today! I hope the ice storms don't happen for your sake.. never fun to be without elect!
OHHH Carol you are sooo right!!
Hi Shrl! Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!
Howard, hang in there! ((HUGS))

later all!! Back to the easel.:wave:

Lady Carol
01-25-2010, 06:19 PM
I1qHVVbYG8Y

noodle1
01-25-2010, 07:08 PM
Roflol Carol so funny, somebody sure knows cats..Raymo would get a kick out of that one. Mine have discovered Lady Bugs the ones I apparently missed..haha
The stuff I used was simply called Rejuvenate, it's for cabinets but also can be used on wood furniture. You clean your surface damp cloth and then apply in single strokes, dries fast and you can do a second coat as well, you see the difference immediately. If you can't find it I'll send ya a bottle and you can give it a try, need to tuck in those apples too....LOL

Sue sounds like this one is a keeper. Hope doesn't get too bad for you later in the week but you sound like you'll be well prepared. Still raining here but the bizarre thing is it was in the 50's today with a 90 something humidity index, nuts. Went from freezing rain late yesterday into this morning then heat wave..hahaha who knows what's next. Very high winds I was dodging branches and garbage can lids this morning on the way to pick up Tammie. Stay safe..hugs to you and Bubba.

Nice macros Kathleen they almost don't look real, very cool no pun intended. lol

Howard sorry bout the rug and all. Seriously that X-O really does work, you can use it full strength or dilute it. A diluted amount can be poured on the spot and allowed to go down through the pile, won't stain and when dry you just can vaccum it up they don't go back but unfortunately that doesn't stop them from going elsewhere. I have one that did that but because he was sick once he got better he went back to using the litter box. It's made of fruits and cereal grains and herbs so safe and no odor of it's own.

Good luck with the filing Patti, I don't like it much myself.

Hope everyone enjoying their evening, will see you all tomorrow.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

PattiLou
01-25-2010, 07:32 PM
:clap: I'm done! Enough of that "work stuff", I'd rather play. Whew, threw away a ton of paper (maybe I exagerated a tiny bit):lol: Jon did complain on the way to the garbage though... he thinks I manufacture trash.:evil:

Too funny Carol!

objectivistartist
01-25-2010, 07:45 PM
ROFL - that was HILARIOUS!!!, Carol... for sure, the fella knows cats...:evil::lol::lol: :thumbsup:

*dee*
01-25-2010, 07:50 PM
Hi y'all! :wave:

Whew! What a day at work! Monday's are "ordering day" the boss usually does the cig & tobacco part of it & I do...well basically, everything else. Today I had to do it all! She usually works on her part during her shift in the morning & I do my part in the afternoon & evening.....today I had to do it ALL during the morning shift. (Along with all the other stuff...checking in vendors, entering invoices, etc.) I can tell ya...there is a REASON why we split the ordering between two people!!!! :rolleyes:

I love my job. I love my job. I love my job! LOL

I will LOVE my next couple of paychecks! :thumbsup: :lol:

objectivistartist
01-25-2010, 07:54 PM
except 'the One' will take it all away from ye for being too 'rich'...:rolleyes:

*dee*
01-25-2010, 08:02 PM
Eh, I don't make THAT much an hour!!!! :lol:

Shirl Parker
01-26-2010, 12:38 AM
Roflol Carol so funny, somebody sure knows cats..Raymo would get a kick out of that one...

I bet that cat's a dead ringer for that punk Merwyn.

OkeeKat
01-26-2010, 01:40 AM
Carol. too funny!!! LOVE IT!!
Dee, ((HUGS))
Patti, glad you got done the paperwork!
Elaine, sorry to hear about all the rain/wind, we also had rain/wind down here today but cleared up by afternoon but left the cold!! down in the low 50's again tonight! URGH!!
Got some painting done today! yeah, still have a ways to go yet. will post it though.
Shrl, I think you might be right about Merwyn!

later all, work in am so gota get to bed early!
nite!

OkeeKat
01-26-2010, 08:44 AM
Good morning all!!
guess everyone is a late sleeper... off to work cya later..
Have a great day all!!

sveldstra
01-26-2010, 08:58 AM
Good morning. Coffee pot number two is on.
Carol, that cartoon is priceless. I especially like when he is trying to get his owner to admire the wonderful fly he has caught. My cat occasionally gets a mouse and demands to be praised for the carcass. (He never eats them - you never know where they've been)
Well have a great day everyone.

noodle1
01-26-2010, 09:10 AM
Morning Everyone,

Thanks Kathie, actually everyone round here rather grateful it could have been snow...LOL and that would have given us one heck of a blizzard. Weather's weather just something else to talk about....LOL can I say bitch...:D

Coffee here and some pancakes and little sausages. Help yourselves!

Not much going on for me today, gonna clean a bit and push stuff around.
I do this all the time and it ends up the same as I started..lol one day tho I will figure it out or just turn my living room into a bowling alley and be done with it...haha hate that room.

Well this not interesting at all so I will spare you..haha Have a good and productive day everyone will see you all later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

idylbrush
01-26-2010, 09:30 AM
Shirl, Samba is about 9 years old. She is doing okay so far with me "fussing" over her. She usually doesn't much care to be fussed over.

Start teaching tomorrow evening so I guess I need to brush up a bit on my lectures. Do need to spruce up a few of the Power Point lectures I have arranged.

Cream of Rice with Agave nectar for breakfast this morning. Fresh coffee, always fresh here, I brew it one cup at a time. Navel oranges. Crepes with nutella if you want.

idylbrush
01-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Well, good news, Samba is doing her business where she is supposed to be doing it. Whew!

Lady Carol
01-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Good morning everyone :wave: another day at the factory dishing the dirt on Raymo cause he isn't here :lol: :evil:

Elaine, that stuff you bought is at Home Depot. I am off there tonight for a bottle :D Thanks for the name.

dances_with_oils
01-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Morning... still feel nauseous and headachy...spent most of last night wanting to drive a nail into my head to relieve the pressure. It's unusual for me at this time of the year to have a bad headache (usually comes in Nov and Apr when the barometer goes whacky). Even the oils I have didn't help...and they usually sort me out quite quickly. Had some vision issues last night where wavy lines were dancing across my eyelids...lol It looked like they were chasing those annoying floaters you sometimes get. When the white dog turned sparkly green at 3am, I grabbed the ice packs and tried to lay very still with them over my eyes. She's white again.

Howard, glad kitty is feeling better. Good luck with the class.

Susan, any word on your test results?

I'm off to go lie down.. laters all

idylbrush
01-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Had to get a new memory stick for Ringling. while at the store I found a new 4 GB card that about fits on a quarter.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jan-2010/36241-thumbdrive.jpg

This was 14.99 at Best Buy. What a deal

While there I picked up an eye-fi card for my point and shoot camera. Wow, it is cool. Sends images directly from the camera to the computer without ever removing the card to attaching a cable. Works through my wifi connection.

Now I need to get serious about some paperwork and getting prepped for class tomorrow night.

Shirl Parker
01-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Well, good news, Samba is doing her business where she is supposed to be doing it. Whew!

Great Howard, I hope she continues to make a liar out of me. :clap: :clap: :clap:

*dee*
01-26-2010, 04:15 PM
Hi! :wave: Just got home from work, now GeeWop is having a fit because SHE wants to play outside & I want to sit! :evil:

So, yeah...she wins.......I'll be back later. :rolleyes:

Shirl Parker
01-26-2010, 04:29 PM
...Shrl, I think you might be right about Merwyn!...

Kathie, are you meaning me?

susme48
01-26-2010, 08:12 PM
Evening, all!!

Carol....http://www.pic4ever.com/images/funny.gif (http://www.pic4ever.com) what a trip!!

Dee...sorry you had to work so hard!

Ah yes..."the one", the be all and end all that the rest of you elected....sigh. Besides he has to pay for his programs, right Robert? And who wants to be rich....sigh. Too late for me now, anyway.

Sharon....dogs will bring their gifts too....but only whatever they won't eat...for my guys it is rats. Not so pretty on the doorstep....but better dead than alive and in my house I guess. Glad they dont eat them....just wish they would adopt a live and let live with the rabbits, and lizzards; and quit searching out the dead deer parts the hunters leave....rotting meat just is ick! :eek:

Howard...will cross my fingers that she continues on the straight and narrow! Wow, Howard...that looks neat!!

Bell...no news yet...sigh.

Dee...must not be what it is like here...there. We went for Bubba's afternoon ride, and after 1/4 mile I had to pull over and let him ride INSIDE the truck...:lol: took the dogs too...had to force Lucky...but thought he should know that sometimes you can ride and it is not to the vet.

Done absolutely nothing again today....but am getting up early, which seems like alot to me....:lol: cleaned a bit (VERY little) and enjoyed the peace that was had while Anita was here. He totally enjoyed today....and when asked said it was better than Tammy (previous lady) because she played.

Tomorrow is another day...and the mess will not leave....:o

idylbrush
01-26-2010, 08:29 PM
Went around the yard today, I was repairing a part of the veggie garden and realized that things are starting to look better. Things that were somewhat protected are showing signs of recovery.

Been playing a bit with the eye-fi card and so far it works. I can be in the yard taking photos and while I am doing that they are downloading into the computer. Very impressive.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jan-2010/36241-CIMG4954.jpg
This looked pretty bad just a week ago and now it is back in bloom. Think it is a member of the sage/salvia family.

OkeeKat
01-26-2010, 11:11 PM
Shirl, yup sorry typed the wrong Shrl yesterday!! oops!
Howard, glad Samba is doing better, maybe the meds finaly kicked in. Good luck with the classes!
boy you make me hungary!! Great little GB card! pretty too!! SOO glad to see your garden perking up!!
Bell, sorry your not feeling good...oh my!! you poor thing!
Dee, hehe sorry you lost to Geewop!! what we dont do for our little furkids!
Susan, yeah sounds Like Anita is really doing her job!! More then Tammy obviously did!! Yeah about time you got someone decent!!

Long day today, ate out with inlaws, Joe is in texas till Friday evening, left yesterday am!!
now to paint that I got most of the threads read!! Boy is everyone really chatty, and Answered emails!!
Can't believe its so late already!!
Maybe will only paint for an hr or two!!
Later all!!:wave:

dances_with_oils
01-27-2010, 07:44 AM
Morning folks:

You know that sound that 15 teenage girls make when they see or hear something that they like? That high pitched squeal that never ends? The noise that hurts your ears no matter how hard you cover them up? That sound that makes you cringe and your back teeth hurt? Yeah, that sound... that's what is going on in my head... it feels like there are 15 teenage girls squealing in my head non-stop... going to the doc today... 5 days is long enough.

I got a call yesterday from the art director of the art council asking for work to be hung in the upcoming show at the new hospital wing starting Monday. The kicker was... they had to be big pieces... so off goes the 48"x96" canvases... I'll post pics once the installation starts on Friday. The reason there was a very short time frame, is that they were unsure whether the construction and dust clean up would be finished in time to safely hang art. Apparently, there will be oodles of patrons and dignitaries there at the opening. -wheeeeeeeeee more cheese and wine...lol

Off to see if the vice grip on my head can be convinced to let go...lol

PattiLou
01-27-2010, 08:58 AM
Ouch!!!!! Hope the doc can help Bell. Have you heard from hubby yet? http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Jan-2010/125378-grouphug.gif
Going to bake chocolate chip cookies this morning, I have the butter out softening now.

Howard, I see a couple plants showing a little green. Most are just a brown mess though, need to get started hacking some things off soon. When we take our walk I notice that the citrus fruit is falling off the trees in abundance. What a mess!!!

Better get busy, later all.

sveldstra
01-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Good morning all. I got the new computer up and running. Hubby picked up one of those wide screen monitors, so I
m wondering if anyone knows how to make it not distort images. My animals all look short and fat.
Dances, looking forward to seeing pictures of the installation. Hope the Dr. can help with the teen age girls.
Howard glad to see the garden recovering.
I'll have to catch up with everyone else's posts. All my time has gone to installing this and installing that and transferring stuff from the old hard drive to the new.
Have a great day.

noodle1
01-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Good Morning All,

Sorry Sharon haven't a clue I have a large wide screen but nothing is distorted, hmmm just don't know.

Bell sorry about your head. Understand how impossible it is to get on with your day with that going on. Hugs hope the doc helps.

Morning Kathie, Sue, Kat, Shirl, Howard, Carol, Robert, Kathleen, Ruthie, Dee, Patti yum cookies, Mary..all the gang.

Nother quiet day here and nothing special to yak about. I should follow Patti's lead and make some yummies of my own today. Still not painting but that's okay took out the "pencils" again will play with them later probably.

I hope everyone has a great day, Howard that plant is so pretty happy to see it's coming back. Nothing green here it'll be awhile I'm sure.
Okay I'm off will see you later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

idylbrush
01-27-2010, 10:54 AM
Sharon, I wonder if you need to select a wide screen monitor in your properties or preference files. Were there no instructions that came with the monitor?

Patti, don't be to quick to start trimming, we have a cold front coming in sometime over the weekend.

Belle, hope there is something that can be done for the headache. I get one like that every once in a while, hate them.

New eye-fi card is amazing. Getting to like this little puppy.

Hope everyone has a great day, Belle, please feel better soon.

susme48
01-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Well, interresting morning....got a registered letter from the Diagnostic Center....they beat the doctor. Not sure they will be able to do this test...they want to do an MRI. But I am EXTREMELY claustrophobic! I had one once that just involved having 2/3 of my head in and I was ready to scream, crying, and sweating like crazy, with marks in my palms from where my nails had dug in. I have trouble in Elevators, and small bathrooms. Ah, well, bridges to be crossed...I suppose they have had this before...and maybe they will believe me and allow me some kind of medication. My biggest problem usually is getting them to understand that my pain tolerance on a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being able to tolerate alot) is a 1....and my tolerance to meds on a 1-10 scale (with 1 being meds are very effective) is a 10. Most meds that work on other people, don't on me....which sux.

Anyway....Bell....I hope the dr. can fix you up!!!

Howard, glad your garden is not a total disaster!

Sharon if you right click on your screen and go to settings, you should be able to set your screen to 1600 by 1000....that is the only setting I could use that did not distort everything, on my widescreen monitor.

Elaine {{hugs}} have a good day!

PattiLou
01-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Sharon, for best results you should use the recommended or native resolution for your monitor. My new one is 1600x900 my old one was 1440x780. Your documentation should tell you what is recommended. If you are talking about a picture you use on your desktop you should crop/resize a copy to the native resolution and tell it to center the picture.

PattiLou
01-27-2010, 04:00 PM
Patti, don't be to quick to start trimming, we have a cold front coming in sometime over the weekend.

I wasn't even thinking about doing anything this week Howard, thanks for the reminder though. The only thing I am cleaning up this week are my tomato and pepper plants, which I know won't be coming back unless there is a miracle.:D They were doing so good too.

biddlebeach
01-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Holy talkative bunch here Batman!!!

finally am starting to feel a bit more human,, my ears are really plugged today though, think I will candle them in a bit.

Mark and i have decided perhaps it is time to give Princess's Vet a call and have a sit down with him, find out just what the deal is with her, and what we can do to CALM her a bit, she is calm as can be when I am here with her. she loves being with us, I can take her in places, no problem, I took her to Goodwill today with me , she sat in the cart, was fine,, not a peep.. but she goes NUTS, when someone comes in the shop, when Mark or I come in the house,, etc,( she is getting better with that, and quiets down much sooner now), and she really has a hard time when I am not around, we HAVE figured out, that if Mark and her, come to town with me, and Mark brings her home with him, she is okay, BUT, if I leave her, with Mark at home, she goes to the door every 4 to 5 minutes and barks like crazy,, and must do some sort of nose butting, because my door is all dog snotted up. And her head is hotter than all get out.
on Monday I HAD to leave her at home alone, for me to go to work, Mark left an hour before we even got up. when I got home, she was frantic.. I have to hold her close and shhhh her,, to calm her down, we leave a radio on for her..
that night,, she had a seizure,, it seems as though, whenever she has any kind of nervous type of excitement, that is when her seizure hits,,
this is the third one since we have gotten her,. the lady we got her from,, told me she had not had a single one since being on the meds, I have come to the conclusion, that she lied out her ass..
so,, we are hoping the Vet can help us out some, perhaps prescribe a nerve med, for when I have no other choice but to leave her home alone.

biddlebeach
01-27-2010, 04:15 PM
Hi Patti!

Lady Carol
01-27-2010, 05:09 PM
I am exhausted!!! :(

I got a phone call last night at 2AM and then another at 3AM from work. First one I did not answer, actually second one I ignored as well. They left a message with the second call. Basically one of my freezers was alarming. Not a lot I can do about it at 3AM. Just don't open the door and it will be alright for 24 h. Stupid security people. Yeah! I know they are doing their job and don't know what is a "real" alarm or not. Cry wolf too often and you know what happens.

*dee*
01-27-2010, 07:16 PM
Hi y'all!!!! :wave:

Only SEVEN more work-days to go before I get a day off!!!! Woot! :clap:

Actually its been going pretty good so far. I'll have to get up at 3am for the next couple days...but I've been going to bed very early. I'm really at my best in the morning, so working nine straight morning shifts isn't as bad as it sounds.

The last two days are gonna be rougher on me....they will be second shifts, and they'll be "days 10 & 11". :rolleyes:

Not to mention that I am gonna LOVE the next two paychecks!!! :D

I'll work a short shift tomorrow...so I'm hoping I'll get a bit of painting done.

Mary, I hope the vet can give you some answers. Luckily GeeWop's seizures were caused by flea & tick stuff....the only thing I can use is Capstar. Anything else & she has to go on phenobarbital. At least its something I can control.

I don't know what is causing Princess's seizures, but it sounds like you are also dealing with separation anxiety. And stress can induce a seizure.

My very first Great Dane had separation anxiety...and she didn't just leave nose prints on the windows! :rolleyes:

When I first got her I was out of work because of an injury...so I was with her pretty much 24/7. Surprise, surprise! The first time she was left home alone for more than a few minutes.....I came home & discovered that the sofa was reduced to nothing but the frame and shreds of upholstery & cushion material......there wasn't a single shred that was bigger than a washcloth!!! :eek: A whole sofa! And she was laying there, quivering in the middle of all the destruction....until she saw me. You would have thought that I had left her for months! :crying:

We had to leave her in the garage...and install "hog wire" over the window...when we had to leave her home alone. Several times she jumped out through a closed window when I ran out to get the mail or the paper from the sidewalk. :rolleyes:

The ONLY thing that got her over her separation anxiety was motherhood. When we finally bred her, she forgot all about her "needs" and focused totally on her pups. We kept one beautiful female from that first litter....and they were inseparable. No problem whatsoever after that.

My heart goes out to you....I understand dealing with seizures & with separation anxiety....I just can't imagine having to deal with both at once.

PattiLou
01-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Hi Mary:wave: I'm so glad you are feeling better. I am sad though that you are having a stressful situation with your furkid. I too think that the lady may have, hmmm, not told the whole story. What a bummer.

Hi Dee, bye Dee:wave:

biddlebeach
01-27-2010, 08:13 PM
Thanks guys,, I knew you all would get it,, LOL
I do think it is quite ,, ummm,, odd,,, that they went on and on abotu being able to come and visit her at the shop, and not once,,have they stopped,, and to be honest, I am glad,, I think she was over stimulated in that environment.. three little girls,, her vying for attention with two other dogs,, I also found out that the smallest dog they have is a new one,, and according to the Vet notes, she was bad to that dog,, well gees,, wonder why? you bring in a new dog,, make all kids of fussy with it and ignore her,,

OkeeKat
01-27-2010, 10:52 PM
Hi all!!
Very late day at work today, realy exhausted too... trying to catch up on somoe of the posts and nodding off.. now that I have mysecond wind after doing this an that around the house, going to go paint about an hr. and then to bed.
Long day scheduled tomorrow too!!

Mary, glad the heads cleared up a little.. ohh my I feel so sorry for little princess, seems she's realy had it rough and Realy feel secure with you, without you definately is separation anxiety! poor thing gets so worked up and over heated, causes seizures! might need some doggie valium on a regular basis till she gets over it, if she ever does.

Now Piper realy barks alot at every sound when i'm home.. but when I'm not home.. he barks when someone comes to the door and when he sees its grandpa or grandma, my inlaws he lays down and stops.. but not when I'm home.. guess he's very protective of me. he is such a little lover, snuggles and kisses, has to be by my side all the time. tried the citranella color mist but he learned around that. still barks. /sigh so living with it.

Hope the vet has an anwer for you Mary!! /crosses fingers!!

Bell, I surely hope dr helps. ((HUGS)) 5 days is too long to be in pain like that!!
Dee, hope you take it easy when you do get home.. I'm sure Geewop makes sure of that!! :lol:

OHH Need to get something to get rid of a virus on my computer.. constand non stop popups and I have it blocked with my AOL.. this window looks like a window exp window makes you type in the encrypted words and it stops and freezes everything I'm working on every few minutes. VERY VERY annoying!! I only had the trial McAfee and not the purchased one. so is there ANY inexpensive program I can safely download that will work???
Please help folks.. realy driving me nuts here!!!!

Later all sorry If I missed some of you.. very tired..
might not paint after all.. will see.
Nite all!!

Shirl Parker
01-28-2010, 12:34 AM
Sharon, I wonder if you need to select a wide screen monitor in your properties or preference files. Were there no instructions that came with the monitor?...

Sharon, my friend has one of those and there is a toggle button on the remote that let's you cycle through the different screen formats.

noodle1
01-28-2010, 08:17 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Coffee here and OJ and cinnamon raisin bagels.

It's snowin'....I knew we weren't done..lol

Hi Shirl, Sue, Kat, Kim, Mary, Dee, Kathie, Robert, Howard, Kathleen, Patti, Carol, Ruthie, Sharon, Bell ....

I started messing around yesterday with Valentine's cards...I remember as a kid loving to get those paper doilies and some paste and red construction paper and I'd spend hours making one for every friend. Well no doilies or construction paper but it was kind of fun to just make all kinds of little simple ones. That's about as far as my artist interest goes for the moment....LOL But it was kind of relaxing anyway.

Hope everyone has a pleasant day and Bell hope you're feeling better.
I'll be back later to see how you all are doing meanwhile.....

Hugs all round,
Elaine

sveldstra
01-28-2010, 08:25 AM
Good morning all. Coffee is on and hot, which is good because outside it is cold and getting colder. Thanks everyone about the suggestions for the monitor screen. I was able to get into the display properties and adjust it and it isn't distorting anything noticeably any more.:clap:
I don't have a clue where the remote is, so I'm glad this option worked.
I got the polar bear himself mostly painted yesterday. I few tweeks that I saw it needed after, and I will be able to move onto finishing the foreground. It is almost done. Well My teen needs the computer. I'll try to stop by later,

biddlebeach
01-28-2010, 08:32 AM
Kathie,, Avast
it's free virus scanner, google it.

OkeeKat
01-28-2010, 08:44 AM
good morning all,
thanks Mary, will check that out.
have a good day all, off to work!

dances_with_oils
01-28-2010, 11:13 AM
Morning folks:

Headache seems to want to run between screaming teenage girls to ten pin bowling between my ears and my very own disco on my eyelids. Doc thinks it is a shoulder/upper back muscle group that is to blame. The massage did not help as I had hoped - but I smelled rather minty when I left...lol

Still managed to get the last painting done for the show that starts the install tomorrow. All that is needed are the D-rings and wire - have to wait until the varnish has a chance to go beyond just a surface film toughness before I flip it over.

Hubby called me this morning at 5:30... yay! Hopefully he'll be home in a few weeks.

The custody trial has been held over until Monday. Apparently the ex SIL did not want to stipulate a fair amount of the facts and my daughter spent 5 hours on the witness stand being crossed about them. It has delayed the close of the trial until Monday and the judge wants to put the decision on reserve (that means it will be written and may take up to a month to be released). To me, that means that the case is not as cut and dry as the ex SIL thought it was going to be. So more wringing of granma's hands until then.

Mary, hope the vet can work out some help for her. Did you try the rescue remedy on her?

It's snowing again... blah.

*dee*
01-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Dances.....smoke & prayers regarding the custody hearing!! I do hope it goes your daughter's way!!!!! Surely it will.

Kathie, I just took my new laptop to a 'puter guy. I had him TOTALLY remove all of the "trial Norton" it came installed with! (Norton, and maybe other "trial versions", can be a bugger to totally remove...in my expereince). He downloaded a free version of Avast (which he said he has had excellent results with). He also installed.....

CCleaner
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Spybot - Search & Destroy
SpywareBlaster

.....all of them were free. :thumbsup:

I haven't used my laptop much, but from what little I have used it....it seems fine.

Today I only had to work for a little over 4 hours....feels like a day off! :lol:

biddlebeach
01-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Belle, no, I have not been able to get anywhere to even look for it,, will add that to my list to ask the Vet..

great list Dee!

idylbrush
01-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Well, Samba's best behavior didn't last very long. Back to her old tricks. Sorry Shirl, thought we had the magic bullet. Angst ridden over this one.

Spent the morning trying to get things in order to get a passport card. Will probably spend the rest of the afternoon finalizing the dang thing. Such a simple task and such a complicated process.

Lady Carol
01-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Hideously busy day from a faculty meeting to student interviews and teaching Uggghhh!!! Just a quick run in to say gidday. Miss you guys.

Shirl Parker
01-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Hi Elaine :wave: Howard, sorry to hear she reverted.

biddlebeach
01-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Does anyone know how to copy your Flickr photos onto a CD,,, simply? you know, so someone like me can do it?

Shirl Parker
01-28-2010, 05:52 PM
If you don't already have them on your hard drive, then you will need to download them there, preferably into one directory, and then make the CD from that directory.

idylbrush
01-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Well, I was right, it took most of the day but I did get it done. I have my passport card application on its way with my birth certificate. Now the wait to get it back. Made it to the art supply and got some replacements for the interference colors I finally emptied. Now I can continue with the new painting. I had used up all the green interference at some point and the red had gotten so thick it was nearly unusable. Even didn't want to thin out much.

Did clean the studio a bit. Not near enough but it is all it will get today.

Did find an LED light for a small lamp. Unlike some others, the price is closer to reasonable. I have seen LED bulbs up to 50.00 USD and got this one for 12 USD. Now to see if it will hold up over time.

susme48
01-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Afternoon all! Quiet, non-productive day here. Am sort of nervous to do anything....after almost a week of "pain-free-edness" I don't want to do something to go backwards.

Mary, glad you are feeling better! Sorry about Princess.

Carol....why do you think they are security guards? a few are ex-cops and would be reasonably good....the younger ones did not qualify for the better paying jobs...soooooo? (no offense to security guards, many of whom are very good at their jobs!) Sux to get woke up twice in one night.

Dee....sounds like a lovely countdown!! and your list does sound good....slightly dif than mine....but have heard of yours, and they are good.

Kathie.....www.avira.com....they have a free version that is good! It is what I use along with the free Zone Alarm....'bout the best protection you can get. Also love this little proggie....scotty the watchdog....www.winpatrol.com....again a freebie....NOTHING can be installed on your pc without persmission! That and running Lavasoft's Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy and or Spyblaster to keep little yucky stuff off my pc a couple times a month....that is all I do, and I have rarely had any virus, trojan horse, or browser hijacker problems.....since I started using them. They were all recommended by PC magazine, ZDnet, and all the big guru sites...the best part is they are all free!!

Arggg.....Valentine's day=my parents anniversary...oh my. Hope your day goes well Elaine!!

Well...wonder if Ray is bringing money home....or has a new mortgage on the house! :angel:

Later all!!

*dee*
01-28-2010, 07:56 PM
My daughter has avira installed on some of their 'puters. AVG on at least one. She hasn't used avira long....& she hasn't mentioned how she like it.

I tried to take a little nap this afternoon...but it ended up just being a "cuddle session" with GeeWop. Which is just as refreshing as a nap! She's been feeling rather neglected with me working so much. Ever since she was a puppy, I'd give her the occasional "puppy massage"...starts with a belly rub & spreads from there. I think I've made up for leaving her home alone so much (or come close at least). She is one relaxed chichi this evening!

Raymo
01-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Daddy's home, Daddy's home !!!

*dee*
01-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Raymo!!!! You're back! How'd you do??

biddlebeach
01-28-2010, 09:42 PM
YAY!! Ray's home! Hiya Ray!!

biddlebeach
01-28-2010, 09:45 PM
cough,, cough,, hehe,,

OkeeKat
01-28-2010, 10:27 PM
THANKS EVERYONE for the adware info.
Will see if I can get one dowloaded!!
Later all.. tired, want to paint some.. day off tomorrow
gota get ready for the small show on saturday, taking my Painting I started of Vinnie and do that there.. and take my animal paintings, mostly the dog portraits.
later all!!
WElcome back Ray!

noodle1
01-29-2010, 08:50 AM
Morning Everyone...and Welcome home Raymo my man, did you guys have fun?

Coffee here and not much else, have to go grocery shopping, still OJ and bagels tho.

Hi Shirl how have you been, warm and toasty..haha me too if I sit on the radiators...LOL Hi Sue, Dee, Carol miss you too, Ruthie, Patti, Kathie, Kathleen, Bell, Howard, Robert, Mary, all the gang.

I started digging out some old drawings, kind of miss doing that after looking at all the stuff I use to do. I'm thinking for awhile I just might go back to some of it and hone my skills a bit. Painting hasn't been of much interest lately so something at least. LOL

Hope everyone has a great day, feeling better as well, critters too.
I'll see ya all later meanwhile,

Hugs all round,
Elaine

idylbrush
01-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Got up bright and early this morning, 5:00 AM. Immediately got busy painting and doing some Internet stuff. Just finished cleaning up the cat giving her medication and then I gave myself my medication and had a breakfast of celery and peanut butter. One of my all-time favorites.

Made another bowl of pasta fagioli and this time added little bit of Italian sausage with it which technically makes it no longer that kind of soup but such is life. It did add a considerable amount of flavor. Going to have that for lunch today.

Started to get ready for the winter garden and will be trying to plant some seeds later on today. I have seed starter kits which are quite handy to have because I can bring them in and out of the house with ease.

So far it has been a very productive day, for which I am most grateful. Printed out books for my class which included a book on photography and a book on basic or marketing the latter being of my creation.

Have been able to work a little bit on my 4' x 4' painting and I'm learning quite a bit about some of these interference colors working on a few transitions right now and may be able to something a little bit later but not just yet.

Ray, good to have you back!

Hope everyone has a great day with lots of paint.

susme48
01-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Morning all!! 'Stealing' my few moments of quiet time....except for the rain, not a sound. Not sure, but for all the hype....I saw nothing on the weather pages that even hinted of ice storms or snow. It is supposed to be in the teens at night but high 30's in the day for the next few....but only two days of rain that I saw and that was all daytime. We shall see....considering the best weather report is still to look out the window...:lol:

Welcome Back Ray....did you bring us a bunch of money?? Hope you two had a great time....that is the maiin thing.

Well....the sleeping walk and talk....so quiet is over and done with....sigh. 10 minutes is not enough to work any magic...:lol: Oh well....I'll live. :D Time to whip up some oatmeal and chocolate milk for the manchild....that should quiet things a little bit.

Later ....and another round of hugs for everyone!!

idylbrush
01-29-2010, 12:31 PM
Was just in the garden and much to my surprise and delight it is slowly showing signs of survival.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jan-2010/36241-CIMG4965.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jan-2010/36241-CIMG4966.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jan-2010/36241-CIMG4967.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jan-2010/36241-CIMG4968.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jan-2010/36241-CIMG4969.jpg

Shirl Parker
01-29-2010, 01:20 PM
...Hi Shirl how have you been, warm and toasty..haha me too if I sit on the radiators...LOL...

Actually, we've been having quite the cool spell. It's wonderful, and the longer it lasts, the better I like it. Can't say my Winter visitors agree, but "es la vida". She loves to garden though, and this morning she is out repotting and adding dirt to all my plants. What a deal! :thumbsup:

~~Kathleen
01-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Hey all, I am on my last day of child watching.
Both grandsons & I had Norovirus, and it was not a good time. First the Little one (2yrs) he got better then the older (7yrs) and then me.
Peace prevails in the home now, and I am getting caught up with all my various stuff.
Ray!.... Your back Oh Joy!:evil:
Howard....So pleased to see new life in your garden, Frosts like that should not happen there, only here. Tough plants though, one can only imagine the shock they suffered. Has your Fig tree shown any signs of recovery yet?
Susan.....A few moments of quiet can work when you know you at least have that! :), wish you were able to have more though.
Morning/Afternoon Elaine.....Hope the day goes well for you.
Carol....Night time security just loves an emergency! Nothing much else going on in their lives at that time :lol:, and now they get to talk about the "Dept. head that showed no appreciation for their diligence at that ridiculous time of day." lol
Have a good one all, time to update my blog.

Lady Carol
01-29-2010, 02:38 PM
Daddy's home, Daddy's home !!!
Dang!!! Shhhhh he's here.

idylbrush
01-29-2010, 02:52 PM
Kathleen, the fig has green leaf nubs, so I am thrilled.

~~Kathleen
01-29-2010, 03:06 PM
Kathleen, the fig has green leaf nubs, so I am thrilled.
I must admit that of all your plants the wee Fig tree you planted a while back captivated me the most.
My first encounter with Fig trees was on the isle of Corfu. The very first (exotic) Greek Island I visited. The very first fruit I ever picked from a tree.
So yours had me totally mesmerized. Good for it, and good for you! And better for me, I get to watch the progress of this wonderful little tree once again. :clap:
Karma must be wonderful in your garden.

*dee*
01-29-2010, 05:07 PM
Its been raining here all day...MOSTLY a slow drizzle. All of the trees have a thick coating of ice on every branch, needle & leaf! Limbs & branches have started falling, power outages have occurred here & there. One customer came into the store quite shaken...as she was driving along a branch fell out of a tree and hit the roof of her car. The damage was minimal...luckily.

Now the rain has turned to freezing rain. Its only going to get worse. :rolleyes: The side streets in town got slick VERY quickly. But on my way home the highway wasn't bad. I'm just real curious what the roads are going to be like when I head into work tomorrow morning at 4:30!? :eek:

I think I'll sleep in the back bedroom (aka "studio") tonight. The huge oak out front has already lost a bunch of smaller branches.....I would hate for a big one to come crashing through my ceiling!!! :D

idylbrush
01-29-2010, 06:37 PM
Dee, be very careful. That is nothing to mess with. The worst is black ice. I hit a patch of that a few years back and it wasn't pretty. I came out of okay but there were a few frightening moments.

I ordered a bunch of leaf skeletons, the prices were such that I thought I would get about 10 to a package as stated in the list with one exception, the magnolia leaves, they were the same price and had a list of 100 leaves per package. Well the package arrived today and three of the packages have 100 leaves in each package. Much to my delight and surprise.

*dee*
01-29-2010, 06:40 PM
How are leaf skeletons "made"?? :confused:

susme48
01-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Well......I braved everything, garlic in hand, cross on, holy water in my pocket, silver bullet in the gun .http://getmesmileys.com/smilies/character00110.gif...and single-handed fought my way into Bubba's room. :eek: I have excaped unscathed, except for sweat http://www.pic4ever.com/images/onion011.gif , dirt and a HUGE reminder that it is easier to clean up after each temper tantrum than after 3 of them. http://www.pic4ever.com/images/20.gif

After 3 hours, and a very little bit of help from the manchild (to quote....."Mom, do it!" sounds kinda like Ray???); I have repaired his shelves, moved the gazillion stuffed animals to the toy box and closet, and the trucks and such to the shelves in his room; cleared his closet floor http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Others/cleaning-212.gif , where he likes to play, so he could sit down on the floor not toys; and managed to convince him that he could do without 3 bags of what I call trash...and he calls treasures....labels off cans, mac'n'cheese boxes, frozen pizza boxes, soda cans, and alot of stuff that I did not want to know what it was....:eek:

That was to prepare myself to start unloading the studio closet going into 4' of my closet shelf, 2 1/2' of Bubba's, and the back couple feet of Bob's office which is going to become storage for all the "where can we put this stuff now" junk...stuff from his truck(s) that he wants/needs to save...old pc monitors and parts....etc! Then I am gonna unload a huge set of shelves the owners left here....I figure after 6 years I might as well use it....just have to box up what is on it.

And then the real work...after the warm-up....the rearranging of my studio/office. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-gen165.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) It just does not work as is....there are a million piles of stuff that keep getting more stuff put on top of them to where I don't know where anything is. Enough is enough...so she declares...:lol: as tho' it was someone else's mess and not her own!! http://www.pic4ever.com/images/shame.gif

In between I have a mountain of laundry to put away...and another to do...http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-chores003.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) time for a party...:lol:

Now that I have put you all to sleep with too much info...:o

Howard...wonderful!! Is the red Kanchaloe?

Kathleen....actually....he came in and fell back to sleep for another 40 minutes...ahhhhh!!

Dee....when I wrote this am had not really looked outside. There were already a few branches down....4 small trees toppled. The tops of all the pines were bent low as well as the limbs and covered in heavy ice. They are saying it will continue tonight and might even snow again...sigh. So I can relate! Please be very careful and call first before going to work, in case they decide to be smart and close!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jan-2010/51170-icy.jpg
Not real great shots...but you might get the idea?

Later all!

*dee*
01-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Well since the boss is out-of-state on vacation....I would have to call ME. :lol:
No, we don't close. We are the only place open 24/7...and I am sure there are people who are going to be fueling up generators. AND the utility trucks will need someplace to fuel up their vehicles. BECAUSE we don't close, the repair guys for the power company are AWESOME about restoring our electricity at the store VERY quickly.

If I HAVE to I can call and get someone to come get me....most of the county deputies would be here in a minute if I called. They rely on the store being open 24/7 for their fuel as well! :smug:

susme48
01-29-2010, 07:25 PM
Not sure why it posted 5 times??

susme48
Oops!!

susme48
Oh my! :eek:

susme48
Sigh....:o

Raymo
01-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Susan...Susan...Susan :lol:

Raymo
01-29-2010, 08:41 PM
They took everything except my underwear....:mad:

*dee*
01-29-2010, 09:12 PM
hey Raymo!!!! :wave:

Lady Carol
01-29-2010, 09:20 PM
They took everything except my underwear....:mad:
That's a relief....I won't go blind if they took EVERYTHING

Raymo
01-29-2010, 09:26 PM
hey Raymo!!!! :wave:

Hiya Dee...:wave:....everyone !

Raymo
01-29-2010, 09:27 PM
That's a relief....I won't go blind if they took EVERYTHING

hahahahaha.........BITE ME !

RPut
01-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Hi Ya! I've been hanging out in WOYE this week so am dropping in to see how things are going here and to catch up!
Oh boy, I'm soooo glad it's Friday! My colleagues and I took all our K kids to Hawaii today! (60 all together). And I am exhausted! It's a fun day, but very busy. We set up my room as the airport/airplane. Then we rotate between our rooms. Mine is the Hawaiian gardens where we make leis and learn a hula. Then to the next room for the Luau, then they go to another for the beach and surfing. Then back to my room again where I have to reset up the chairs for our flight home. Such a hoot to see them show their airline tickets, find their seats, and stow their luggage under their seats.
then to cleanup everything at the end of the day and put back all our chairs and tables. Whew!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jan-2010/117502-IMG_5916.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jan-2010/117502-IMG_5930.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jan-2010/117502-IMG_5951.JPG

A few Sunburns,(hehehee) but mostly fun!

Raymo
01-29-2010, 10:35 PM
When we got home yesterday, we found an entire roll of toilet paper torn to shreds and strewn all over the bathroom....that little punk :lol:

objectivistartist
01-30-2010, 12:32 AM
Just be grateful it was only one roll [ye DO keep a spare or two, right?:eek::eek::rolleyes:]:lol::lol::lol:

PattiLou
01-30-2010, 09:14 AM
:wave: Welcome back Ray. When do I get my refund of the money I sent you???:heart: :D :lol:

objectivistartist
01-30-2010, 09:59 AM
Refund? oh - ye mean the barrel :eek::lol::lol::lol::evil:

Shirl Parker
01-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Good morning Patti, Robert, Elaine when you come. Chilly 46 degrees here this morning.

noodle1
01-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Hey Shirl..18 here..lol I'll swap ya!
Morning Raymo, glad Merywn had some fun...LOL

Hi Robert, Dee,Sue, Kathie, Ruthie great photos, how fun is that! Can I enroll in you class..:D, Mary, Bell, Howard so nice to see things flowering and green, sigh our day will come I hope..haha, Carol, Kathleen, Patti guess the underwear is yours...:D, let's see who'd I miss oh my goodness Sharon good morning.

Ruthie I saw that you were hanging out in WOYE, fantastic piece girl :thumbsup:. Kind of too cold to go anywhere today so just sitting nice and quietly with my pencils.

Have a good Sat., will see ya all later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Shirl Parker
01-30-2010, 01:30 PM
Raymo, if you put your TP rolls on so they roll to the back instead of the front, Merwyn can't unroll them.

susme48
01-30-2010, 01:45 PM
First.....poor, poor (literally) Raymo!! Did you really think they would want that disreputable leopard print thong of yours???? :angel: Amen to Robert's comment!! http://www.emoticons4u.com/crazy/1386.gif<~~ not RAY....~giggle!~

Now...Morning all!! Just finished weekend morning coffee with the neighbor. Fresh hot coffee, scrambled egg wraps with cheese...I think Bubba ate all the oatmeal...but I could make more.

Morning Shirl!! Agree with Elaine...trades are welcome....it is a balmy 26 herehttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/2029.gif with a windchill factor of 18 :eek: Still better than Elaine and many of our northern friends....but way tooooooo cold here. "Heck"...it's warmer in Ohio at my parents and they have a sunny day...here it is overcast and gloomy...and will stay that way, they say. We did not get the precip they thought...so no more icy trees and only a dusting of snow.

Ruthie that really looks like fun!!!

Definitely an inside day...hopefully back to cleaning....vacuumed last night so that is done. Found the phone Bubba lost this am....really buried inside the couch...had looked and felt, and even looked under it twice....but there it was..stuck in the wires and such on the bottom of it...sigh.

Later one and all!!!

~~Kathleen
01-30-2010, 01:53 PM
Hi all, it is a balmy 19F. here already. Beautiful out there, and Methinks I will be going into town and part with a wee bit of money @ the local Art Supply house! :)
Dirty job, but someone has to do it! :wink2:
Looks like everyone is kind of back to normal here, all virus (sp for plural here)
Actually Carol, how do you pluralize Virus?
I have begun to enter my blog again, and forgot just how much fun it is :)
I am amazed at the responses I am getting to my "Real Women" series, and the astonishing thing is that for the most part, the comments are from men that like them! Go figure.:)
Looks like everyone is having a good start to the morning.
Any word on how Susan and the ice storm are faring?
For those of you amidst it. keep warm & safe. Icy roads are not the thing anyone wants to navigate at the best of times.
Have to do lunch with friends, and then shopping, as I have said.
Be well all....
~~Kathleen
EDITED TO ADD: Hi Susan we cross posted....:wave:

Lady Carol
01-30-2010, 03:00 PM
hahahahaha.........BITE ME !
I'd rather not - you have rabies:evil:

Lady Carol
01-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Chilly 46 degrees here this morning.
an even chillier 19 degrees here:mad:

Lady Carol
01-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Actually Carol, how do you pluralize Virus?:Viruses:D

biddlebeach
01-30-2010, 05:00 PM
it was 6 below here today,, can you say BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR????

Lady Carol
01-30-2010, 05:15 PM
now it is snowing

idylbrush
01-30-2010, 06:57 PM
Been a tad crazy here today. I decided my place was in need of some TLC and did a major cleaning in my room and a lot of dusting and vacuuming. Good thing, my sister and her hubby are stopping by tomorrow to help me measure for new windows in both bedrooms. Some of the mechanisms are over 50 years old and starting to fall apart. I am hoping to replace them with high efficiency awning windows. We shall see what kind of pricing it ends up being.

I saw a bit of growth on the banana plant. It will come back and on the fig I am seeing a couple more green growth tips. I sure hope I can get some figs off of it this year. Fresh figs are amazing to me. Fig jam is even better.

Got a few decent images of the new work today but still want to try and get yet another. Just not quite happy with it yet.

Hope all have a great evening.

RPut
01-30-2010, 08:57 PM
Here's our Sam. Thought this would be a cool photo shot!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jan-2010/117502-IMG_5967.JPG

Heading to the studio to work on my misty bridge. Lots of trees to cover with snow......

*dee*
01-30-2010, 09:21 PM
Hi y'all! :wave:

Long day at work then I had to get my car cleaned out :rolleyes:....I DO NOT litter...so my car is a chronic mess. I bought an Isuzu pickup..and sold my car. I hear about the truck being available yesterday, and wanted it. Then today I head about a woman who really NEEDED a car. So I quoted a price to her...then a short while later (between the time she looked at it & the time she showed up with cash in hand) I was offered CONSIDERABLY more for it! But, the woman got the car...fair is fair & a deal is a deal.

Three more days of work and then......I'll get three days OFF! WOOT!!!!! :clap:

Raymo
01-30-2010, 10:39 PM
Three more days of work and then......I'll get three days OFF! WOOT!!!!! :clap:

Hide the phone on your days off....:cat:

dances_with_oils
01-30-2010, 10:45 PM
Hi Folks:

We got the installation done and it looks pretty cool. I'll have some pics after the reception on Monday.

It is freezing out... minus 15C and so cold the snow has that walking on crunching celery sound.

My car is in the shop. This is the second time in a month that the battery went dead when the temps dipped below -20c. Since we're moving out to Alberta I thought it best to have them add in a block and battery heater and install a heavy duty winter battery. I had replaced the battery a few years ago, but apparently it's a crap make... goes to show, you get what you pay for... thank goodness for CAA and their tow trucks.

Ruth, cute cat.
Dee, good going on the car deal.
Howard, glad your garden will recover.

OkeeKat
01-31-2010, 12:18 AM
Hi all!! Sorry missed alot today and last evening. Had the show today and did ok, alot of possible commissions and sold only notecards.. but did get Vinnie's painting almost done.. painted 5 1/2 hrs today!! Crashed this even on the sofa with family. going to bed early.
Nite all, will try to catch up!

Hi and hugs to all!!

biddlebeach
01-31-2010, 03:00 AM
Ruthie,, love that!