PDA

View Full Version : What kind of easel is this?

Kevin2417
01-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Of course...I just bought an easel which is on its way but this looks amazing as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b77skRdPd3A&feature=related

Kevin

Paula Ford
01-15-2010, 07:39 PM
It looks like a tilt-top drafting table to me.

robertsloan2
01-16-2010, 12:39 AM
If it's not a tilt-top drafting table, I saw it today in the Cheap Joe's catalog for $4.95. I'm not kidding. It's this very basic table easel, a drawing board that tilts up with a wood frame around it that some wires catch in grooves to hold it at the angle you want. It would turn normal tables into a drafting table.

I was very tempted partly because of the price, unfortunately it's 26" wide and would require me to find places for everything that's on my drafting table at the moment. Though it would let me have tilt on about 3/4 of it and non-tilt next to that to put my netbook, so if I ever get that organized I might get it.

I'm going to get the catalog and check that, the price just seemed crazy to me. You can put push pins into it too, it's that kind of drawing board.

I was wrong, it's $4.49. I can't believe that.

Xylem Table Top Easel. It's got a wood frame and a gatorboard center so it's very lightweight. I would not lean hard on it, but if you don't lean hard while painting this version of a gatorboard drawing board could be very convenient when you want to paint out on a kitchen table or something and then fold up and move the whole thing somewhere else. Says you can tape, staple or use push pins in the gatorboard.

Seeing that it's gatorboard though, using pins would wear it out pretty fast. It'd take gentle handling to make something like that last. I lean too hard on my drawing boards, probably ought to just stick with the masonite clipboard drawing board propped on my regular easel.

gingersnap
01-19-2010, 06:36 PM
i emailed the artist directly from her site. she kindly responded. it is an mdf panel with folding legs behind it sitting on a table......ginger

westcoast_Mike
01-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Then the Xylem from Cheap Joes or the Adjustable Tabletop Easle from Blick should be similar. Both run about $54.00