PDA

View Full Version : Color Mixing Made Easy--Part 1

jenniferlepore
01-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Finding the right colors for your subject can be frustrating. Overcome this challenge with help from artistsnetwork.tv's (http://www.artistsnetwork.tv) Color Mixing with Sue Deighton, Part 1. In this video workshop, youll begin with an exploration of your watercolors, mixing primaries and secondaries. Sue will guide you through the warm and cool colors, and give you a good understanding of the effects of using transparent versus opaque pigments. Then follow along as Sue paints a variety of flowers step by step (pansy, nasturnium, iris and more), putting color theory into practice.

In this preview, focus on working with orange as you paint the beginnings of a nasturnium using mixes of Cadmium Yellow and Cadmium Red.
KEAvx_aoRnk

Imzadi
03-28-2010, 02:08 PM
Jennifer,

What happened to thes videos on the website? There used to be a LONG list of your various videos on a single page so one could actually look at what is included in a 6 month subscription package, before buying it. I can't even find THIS particular video by Sue Deighton, or the ones by Nita Leland or Nancy Reynar on the site any more. The previews you link to at WC are the YouTube links.

Only the same 4 videos or previews seem to be offered on the Home page or the "Workshop Details/Preview" page or the "Buy Subscription" page. Are these the only videos offered for this month now? For a 6 month subscription, you can no longer see older videos? Just what is offered in the current month? Your website seems harder to navigate now and find what's really available. :(

jenniferlepore
03-29-2010, 09:30 AM
Hi there,
Thanks for writing.
I am not sure what you mean about only a few videos being available for view.
We used to only have one preview on the home page, and last month added three more to the home page, in addition to the feature of the week.

The Workshop/Details and Buy Workshop tabs both list our entire library of titles. There are over 70 listed when I checked this morning.

If you have continued questions on this, please email our help desk directly at customer-service@artistsnetwork.tv. They will be able to assist

All best,
Jennifer

Imzadi
03-30-2010, 05:39 PM
Thanks Jennifer.

I couldn't find the list of 70 videos when I clicked on the links you said. The Home page kept showing up. As it turns out, they won't appear when I use Firefox as my browser. (???) When I switched to Internet Explorer, the long list was all there again, as I remember it.

jenniferlepore
04-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Thanks Jennifer.

I couldn't find the list of 70 videos when I clicked on the links you said. The Home page kept showing up. As it turns out, they won't appear when I use Firefox as my browser. (???) When I switched to Internet Explorer, the long list was all there again, as I remember it.

Hi there,
I hope you have been able to access our video listing. I use Firefox and Safari, as well as Internet Explorer and have been able to see all videos when I click on the Workshop Details tab. Please do contact customer service at the email I provided if you still have trouble as they may have some tips and can walk you through the site.

All best,
Jennifer