GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: A MOMENT...
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Gouache
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 19 x 24 cm
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
The paper i used is a warm grey colored paper of 250 grms. What capture my eye in this painting was the sunlight in the wall contrasting the red of the rose.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I would be very pleased to read any of your critics, comments and advices, especially about the feellings that this paintig provides, the colors - contrasts, the composition and brush work. Thanks a lot. Mariela

jerryW
09-13-2002, 01:00 PM
sensitively done
the central flower is always difficult to balance in the composition, but you have done a pretty good job with dark green below and shimmering light above.

greencook
09-13-2002, 01:34 PM
Mariela,
I like the colors you've used especially in the background and the contrast with the flower works for me. The flower however doesn't look like a rose to me. Looks more like a hibiscus maybe due to it looking out of focus.

Have a great day! :)

Gold
09-13-2002, 03:55 PM
It appears as though a red shield is protecting the above light from two arrows or swords.

I would modify the shape of the leaf stem on the left of the painting making it less linear and more a part of the flower.

And the little white bit under flower could be transformed. The luminous imagery above is well done. There is no reason why you cannot apply the same vision to the flower in its own way.

The feeling is sanctity in the above part.

mariela
09-14-2002, 10:16 AM
Thanks all of you! I feel like explaine some details. I made this "en pleine aire" late in an afternoon. The sun was coming threw some big leaves in the left and the rose was totally on the shadow. The lights in the real painting are not so flashy as they seems to be.
Jerry do you think that the composition would be better if the rose was not in the middle?
greencook, perhaps it looks like an hibiscus (good point) due to the fact that it was a very "mature" rose.
And Gold, i'll modify the stem, perhaps slow down a little the white bit (even though i like this one). As for the sanctity feeling... it amazed a bit, but this is the most interesting part of your ctitic.
thanks to all!