PDA

View Full Version : Red Parallelogram

anthony mauve
01-07-2010, 10:54 AM
This is a shaped canvas 24" x 28.5" (parallelogram) in acrylic on canvas--one of many new pieces employing a shape other than a square or conventional rectangle.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Jan-2010/16054-parallelogram.jpg

anthony

tpurnick
01-07-2010, 05:24 PM
I think this is cool! What about hanging one on the left side, so it leaves a pyramid shape in the center? Just a thought.

RTT
01-07-2010, 10:49 PM
I like the possibilities of the shaped canvas. I look forward to seeing others :)

barsha
01-07-2010, 11:53 PM
:)

briansommers
01-08-2010, 09:46 AM
interesting concept, I like this

after looking at this some more. I have to comment a bit more.. I always am tempted and have wanted to do painted fields but my biggest fear is that the average joe shmoe comes along and says, ha, why should I buy that, I can go home and do that myself...

how do you respond? I mean I know there is a lot more going on than what meets the eye, but the average passer by?? mmm

anthony mauve
01-08-2010, 12:47 PM
First off no one's ever said that to me so I can only guess that if someone said "I can go home and do that myself..." I'd tell them to go ahead. There's no law against copying paintings no matter how simple or elaborate they appear, though there are laws against forgery.

My advice is that if you want to do color field paintings brush up on the movement--one artist I've been looking at lately is the German Blinky Palermo--a great artist who died too young--then do your paintings and ignore negative criticism--it's no use to you anyway.

anthony

VeraSattler
01-08-2010, 03:29 PM
With such concrete paintings it looks so: yes, nearly every could paint such a painting, but here the idea is valuable, like the "black sqare". It can be liked by some poeple by others not, but valuable is the idea. SI see it in this case too. I do not saw such a parallelogram of this size, these colours and these concretely geometry and brush ductus. So it is unique and valuable for the art world. If it is nice or not, it is a matter of taste. To copy and imitate can eventually more people, but only anthony had this concrete idea.
I like it and its idea.
A happy 2010 to all!

PushingPixels
01-08-2010, 11:23 PM
Very groovy energy in this... yes I did say groovy.

anthony mauve
01-09-2010, 05:54 AM
Thanks Vera--you've said it very well--and thanks Ms. Pixels--near Big Sur where we once lived?

anthony