PDA

View Full Version : Quick inexpensive Portable drawing table

Mikey B.
01-06-2010, 10:46 PM
Due to space restrictions I did this Build- cost around $12 --- Pc pipe is Cheap- Used wood Bin at Home Desperate was only .50 wing nuts about $2.00.I also thew some clearcoat after sanding a little ---

heavyiron
01-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Hey thats a straightforward and good design. You could sit down anywhere and go to work..I like it. Maybe some rubber feet on the legs to keep it from sliding away? Adjustable legs for taking out in the field to match your seat hight better...hmmmm. I might have to try something like this...

mebo
01-27-2010, 08:25 AM
Don't need to buy rubber feet - just put some rubber cement on the 90's on the corners of the bottom. Replace as needed. This would work for sitting in the recliner watching TV, too..... lol

daisie
02-03-2010, 09:56 AM
This is an awesome design. I would only add a "leg" to make it adjustable to your sitting height. Thanks for posting. ~daisie~

kordelia
02-20-2010, 02:09 PM
"cheap" "used ...bin".... words dear to my heart.... this is wonderful, Mikey...:clap: kor
i have to show my favorite (only)SIL this... ... and i sent a link over to AMAE... i think this is fabulous!

robertsloan2
04-13-2010, 02:19 PM
That is a great design! Thanks for sharing the photos. I think it could be built to any height you happen to be while sitting in your usual chair. I'm tempted to try to build one, when I'm not even that handy. Looks like it really wouldn't be hard. Figuring out the right height might take a little work, but not much.

Atrsy
05-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Great design. I know I get tired holding up the drawing board--this solves that problem!