PDA

View Full Version : You're invited.... Albuquerque NOW: Winter

Deborah Secor
01-06-2010, 08:58 PM

I'm attaching an invitation to anyone who happens to be in the Albuquerque area anytime from January 24 to April 18, to swing by The Albuquerque Museum and take a look at the show. I'll have a painting hanging there.

C'mon by the reception on Saturday, January 23, too, if you have a chance! :wave:

Deborah

Mstechart
01-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Awww -- wish I could! Would love to see that part of the country and especially one of your pieces in person! Maybe someday.

Is it warm there now? We're freezing here :-)

Deborah Secor
01-06-2010, 09:36 PM
It's been nice-- in the 40-50s and sunny... :)

Deborah

Scottyarthur
01-07-2010, 11:03 AM
I wish I could come down, it would be great. but you never know things could change. and that is so awesome would love to see it in person and meet you as well.

Ruthie57
01-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Don't think I'll be able to make it!! Would love to though. Maybe one day I'll do a Wet Canvas tour of America!

saramathewson
01-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Congrats fro being in the show Deborah!

We will be traveling up to MN sometime in the last two weeks of March. If we end up going through Albuquerque, I will try to stop by to see your painting and the show. Should be fun:)

Sara

Deborah Secor
01-07-2010, 06:49 PM
We need some independently wealthy person to fit us out with a jet and a pilot to fly all over the world and fetch us to different art events, don't you think? :D

Hope you make it, Sara. :)

Deborah

robertsloan2
01-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Yay and congratulations on the show, Deborah! I hope you run into lots of people you know online and it goes really well. Wish I could go there, especially when you talk about those warm temperatures. It'd be fun.

I just need to become a successful novelist that owns a car, then I'll get out to these things more often.

ewaldronyuhas
01-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Well, I'm always in ABQ ;)

I can come by. Sounds like fun.

Deborah Secor
01-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Hey, all right, Beth! Now if I can just find a grammy-sitter so I can get to the reception myself... :)

Deborah

ElsieH
01-08-2010, 01:57 PM
:wave: Hi, Deborah,

OH, Albuquerque sounds so delightful right now! Wish I could come!
Thanks for the invite!

Have a wonderful time at the show and I know your lovely painting will be a favorite. :thumbsup: :heart:

Deborah Secor
01-11-2010, 05:58 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jan-2010/23609-IMG_0075sm.jpg

For those who won't be coming by, here's how it looks framed. (I'm sorry for the keystoning, but I didn't want to drag out the Nikon!) I used 1/8" spacers and museum glass. I like the way it looks... :)

Deborah

SueNM
01-13-2010, 11:50 AM
Wow Deborah ! A night scene. Oooooh I'm gonna have to see that one up close and personal sometime.

Deborah Secor
01-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Great Sue. Hope you like it!

Deborah

saramathewson
02-05-2010, 11:08 PM
Looks like we will be up visiting Albq. next week! i hope we can get there to see it then. Otherwise we will see it on our way to MN:) either way i hope to get there. I have been flaring big time with my daughter here visiting this week. She came for the Tucson gem show as she makes jewelry out of sterling silver and gems. She did get some cool gems while here. yesterday she picked up two beautiful turqouise (sp?) pieces, among many other beautiful gems. She has an etsy shop but it is closed this week because she is here. i'm not sure if i can post that here though but here goes:
cholulajewelry.etsy.com I hope that was ok:) anyway i just wanted you all to get a look at the kind of stuff she makes. i have several of her pieces. She gives them to me for birthdays and xmas and then my sisters went together on a turqouise necklace for my birthday last month too. i love silver jewelry:) heck i love gemstones. I used to be a jewelryaholic(hehehe) back when I was married to my kids dad who is a surgeon and we had some extra cash laying around. i still love it but get less expensive silver now instead and Chris buys me earrings when he goes on trips. It is kind of funny because i only wear them when we go out and about. when I am at home(most of my time is spent here) i am in bed so much there is no point in wearing jewelry as i would have to keep taking it off. sigh. I have rambled on enough about me and not about Deborah and her show.

Anyway, I hope to be well enough to be able to see the show when we are in town Deborah.
I do love your painting and it looks great in that frame!

Sara

doe
02-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Deborah - Congrats on the show - the painting is stunning and the framing is great!

Deborah Secor
02-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Hope you get to see the show, Sara. (Your daughter doesn't have an jewelry showing except the piece on her home page...a ring that looks quite nice.)

Thanks, Doreen. I ended up very pleased with the frame, too.

Deborah

saramathewson
02-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Deborah,
her shop is closed this week because she is here but will reopen next week probably by wed. I would think.

Sara