PDA

View Full Version : Soft Pastel News - blog

Mario V
01-06-2010, 12:40 PM
This is not a blog about my art. It is a blog about interesting pastel art, pastel news and events that can be interesting to - I hope - wide pastel art audience. I spend a lot of time on the net searching for a beautiful and inspirational pastel art anyways, so I thought why not document it?
See the link in my signature.

So far I have implemented:
main feature of course is collecting news/articles/demos about soft pastel art/materials/events
collection of instructional pastel videos on the youtube
featured artist - every week or two presenting a new soft pastel artist
Amazon based store where you can buy pastel books, DVDs, pastel sticks, paper...
latest picks from WetCanvas Soft pastel forum
one google ad that is related to art where I found that google gives some really interesting art ads.
RSS feedI will appreciate any kind of comment. Would that be something useful for you? Do you see some problems on it? Any suggestions...

the blog is on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Soft-Pastel-News/275014539114)as well

thanks for checking it...

jmp
01-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Mario, I had a few minutes to look it over briefly and will definitely go back to see more. It looks and reads great, and I like the info content. I hope you will keep it up.

Deborah Secor
01-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Looks very informative and interesting, Mario! I want to read the info on Paula and Karen, too! I'll cruise back soon.

Thanks for including my video... :)

Deborah

Karen Margulis
01-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Great idea Mario! I am honored to be a featured artist. I will look forward to enjoying the information you share. You have done a great job presenting and organizing the site.
Thank you!!!
Karen

adventureartist
01-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Wonderful site Mario! You have gathered the cream of the crop there, very well organized and I look forward to enjoying "Soft Pastel News".:thumbsup:

SonyaJ
01-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Great job on this, Mario! I really like the variety of sources you included here for pastel work, instruction and news. I'm definitely going to bookmark it on my blog.

Mario V
01-06-2010, 03:40 PM
JMP, thanks. I sure will try to keep it up. This is one of my NY resolutions :D
Deborah, thanks, I also have link to your panpastel video in the video collection and one post at the very beginning when I started to compile the site.
Karen, your work explains why you are presented :)
Drusilla, thanks, I'm looking forward to see you on the site :)
Sonya, thanks for adding link on your blog :)

robertsloan2
01-06-2010, 05:04 PM
I love the way you're connecting different pastel blogs in it, that'll make it easier for me to find the ones I want to read. Great blog! Thanks for putting it on your sig line where it'll be easier to find.

Mario V
01-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Robert, thanks for the nice comment. That was the whole idea behind the concept. I get to collect info and art that I like and public spend less time looking around...

ElsieH
01-07-2010, 12:29 AM
:wave: Hi, Mario,
This is very interesting!
What a great idea!

Thanks for inviting us and for posting such a variety of pastel ideas and about pastel painters.

:clap: :thumbsup:

Judibelle
01-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Thanks, Mario....wonderful site...I signed up after reading through it...
Judi

Mario V
01-07-2010, 10:24 AM
Elsie and Judi, thanks for the support. I'm glad you like it :)

Adriana Meiss
01-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Mario,
Wonderful work and it looks great too. I'm bookmarking it!

allydoodle
01-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Mario,

I just took a peek, and WOW! What fun! Thanks so much for starting this, I will definitely put this on my favorites to check out regularly! I really enjoyed your diverse choice of artists! So much to learn from!

Mario V
01-10-2010, 06:51 AM
Adriana and Chris, thanks for your kind words. I'm happy you have bookmarked it :)

Lisa Fiore
01-10-2010, 09:03 AM
This is fantastic!! I bookmarked it and also became a fan on FB. :)

kowgrrl
01-10-2010, 10:45 AM
That is wonderful! Thanks for doing it!

Paula Ford
01-10-2010, 10:54 AM
I finally visited your new blog Mario and have to say it's really wonderful!! Thank you so much for featurning me on it... I'm very honored! Thank you!!

Devonlass
01-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Thank you so much Mario for taking the trouble to do this. It's wonderful to have so much information available in one place. I take a look every day and constantly pick up tips.

Mario V
01-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Lisa, Kowgrrl, Carol, Thanks, I'm very happy to hear you find it useful. That was the sole purpose of it :). I will try to keep it up daily, but you will forgive if I sometimes slip ;) a day or two.
Paula, thanks! It is me who is honored and happy to show your beautiful work and interesting instructions :)

the drover's dog
01-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Mario, what are you doing to me? I went to check out your blog and just had half a day disappear into the ether as I cruised your links and followed other trails from them.

Great idea. Thanks for the effort.

Dale