PDA

View Full Version : Quick-Dry-Cafe Jan 3 -Jan 9 inc.

Charlie's Mum
01-03-2010, 08:01 AM
Good morning all!

Happy New Year and welcome to the Cafe's first session of 2010 ;)

There are lots of left-over goodies - still fresh though ;) .... cofee, tea and whatever you wish to drink is available .... along with excellent conversation in good company!:D

noodle1
01-03-2010, 08:35 AM
Good Morning Maureen, and Everyone,

Thanks for the coffee.

I'll be back later going to brave the winds and cold to get to Mass early then come home and defrost...lol

See you all later,
Hugs,
Elaine

OkeeKat
01-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Good Mornin' Maureen, Elaine and everyone!!
Very cold morning for us here ... 43!! But the sun's shining and just a slight breeze so should warm up some.

Lotsa OJ here if anyone wants some more.. thanks but Dont drink coffee!
SOn and family on the way.. just passed Shreveport LA!
So might be here by late this eve.
Going to paint some this am. need to post a photo of the little done last nite.

Stay warm all!

idylbrush
01-03-2010, 09:50 AM
It reached 39° here today. In the house it was 60° so had to turn on the heat. Hated to do that for sure but it was necessary. Tinker is charmed by the electric blanket. Can't get her out from under it.

Tired today and need to make sandwich bread. Guess it doesn't have to start straight away. May need to wait just a bit.

Morning all.

dances_with_oils
01-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Morning folks:

Blustery morning we have here. It's minus 18C right now with a windchill of about minus 26C. It's snowing on top of that so it's going to be a delight out clearing the driveway later... NOT! Even the snowplows haven't been around yet.

I was going to try and take some pics of the pieces I just finished but it is way too dark outside for any decent photos.

Mary, what was happening to Princess after the seizure is called post ictus.

According to the bumpf I've read on seizures there are a few stages that you might want to be aware of:

The Prodome: may precede the seizure by hours or days. It is characterized by changes in mood or behavior.

The Aura: signals the start of a seizure. Nervousness, whining, trembling, salivation, affection, wandering, restlessness, hiding and apprehension are all signals.

The Ictus: the actual seizure. A period of intense physical activity usually lasting 45 seconds to 3 minutes. The dog may lose consciousness and fall to the ground. There may be teeth gnashing, frantic thrashing of limbs, excessive drooling, vocalizing, paddling of feet, uncontrollable urination and defecation.

The Post Ictus: after the seizure the dog may pace endlessly, appear blind and deaf and eat or drink excessively.

Some of the known causes of seizures are things like the dog having Idiopathic Epilepsy or aka Primary Epilepsy. A dog can have secondary epilepsy from being hypoglycemia, hypothyroidism, brain damage caused by infections, ingesting toxins, brain tumours, side effects from vaccinations and portosystemic shunts (improperly routed intestinal blood vessels bypass the liver - one of the body's important waste-product detoxifiers).

Has the dog been tested for hypothyroidism or hypoglycemia? You may be on to something with the extended exercise. She may simply have run out of body sugars from the exertion. If I had to spend any money on a vet test, it would be for the hypothyroidism - go for the T3 and T4 tests.

There are some home remedies that you can try with her to help with the post-seizure pacing. As soon as your dog has regained consciousness and can safely eat, feeding a small amount of Breyers All Natural vanilla ice cream (a teaspoon for small dogs; a tablespoon for medium dogs; two tablespoons for large dogs) can restore normal blood sugar levels. A seizure may drop blood sugar levels and low blood sugar levels can cause more seizures. A seizure to your dog is equal to your running the Boston Marathon so you will need to replace lost energy by feeding a full meal after the ice cream and then giving a couple of handfuls of kibble or pasta or rice with a little butter every hour. Feeding a small amount of carbohydrates every hour will keep blood sugar levels stable. It is important to remember that your dog will be ravenously hungry so you will need to feed very small amounts at a time either with your fingers or in a bowl so they do not inhale the food and cause aspiration pneumonia. Watch your fingers as you feed them - when dogs are this hungry and recovering from seizures, they can bite you without ever realizing it.

I mentioned before that Bach's Flowers may help her and you can try using Bachs Flower Essence Rescue Remedy® (found in many health food stores). It has been found to be extremely useful in some cases when given at this time. Simply put four drops of the Essence into the dog's mouth after the seizure has finished.

And of course, do discuss alternatives to the medication she is on with your vet. There are tons of new drugs out that assist with reducing seizures.

sveldstra
01-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Good morning all, thanks for the coffee.
Mary I hope Princess is feeling better this morning.
It is quiet here today. The wee monkey's are playing with all their new toys and the big monkey's are at their Dad's. Hubby is out snow blowing our driveway and the neighbours, so I actually get to sneak on the computer for a few and see what is going on. I've been trying to check out some of the wonderful work I have missed. (might be caught up by June.)
Have a great day.

Charlie's Mum
01-03-2010, 10:17 AM
My goodness Bell - you're a fount of knowledge! :D
Useful though!
We've had snow for the past 3 weeks - one lot almost cleared away before the second lot came New Year's morning .... it's stayed around 30F today - more snow forwcast and v. cold for the rest of this week brrr .... I really long to see green grass again and the sun!

biddlebeach
01-03-2010, 12:13 PM
Thank you for that info Bell! I printed it out, I am not sure what kinds of tests were done on her before, but I DO have all of her records, so I will have a look see to see what was done before.
she is better today. and she had eaten like a bit of a maniac last night, and this AM,, but seems to have settled down a bit..

I finally had to drag my stuff up from the basement to paint up stairs today, no way could I bear to go down that, I could run the heater all day and never get it warm,, of course, then finding a plac upstairs that will work is another challenge,, so far, I have it set up in the office by the computer, will see how it works out..

It is extremely cold here again today and quite windy,, as we were getting out of the car this Am to go to church, I happened to see, in a parked vehicle, a small poodle,, looking out at everyone . I looked at the footprints and whoever that dog belonged to, had gone to church! I was so pissed! I thought about that poor pup all during mass and could not concentrate on anything else! I got my notebook out and was going to write down a lic number, but lucky for them, they were gone by the time we got out, we sit way up front and are always the last to get out.. it is a damn good thing I didn't catch whoever it was that owned that dog, I would have probably ripped them apart with my bare frozen hands! who in the world is so damn stupid?!?!

Kathrin G.
01-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Good evening all :wave:
Just wondering if anyone else has trouble using the search function here :confused: I keep getting an error message :(

biddlebeach
01-03-2010, 01:00 PM
I had that trouble when I tried it before, but that was a few weeks ago,, I think..

Kathrin G.
01-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Thank for the reply Mary.
It keeps telling me

There seems to have been a problem with the WetCanvas database.
Please try again by clicking the Refresh (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/#) button in your web browser.
An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff ([email protected]), whom you can also contact if the problem persists.
We apologise for any inconvenience

arg.......

biddlebeach
01-03-2010, 01:52 PM
what a pain, eh?

Kathrin G.
01-03-2010, 01:57 PM
sure is.
Hope your little one is feeling better. Some hugs for her and you ((hugs))

biddlebeach
01-03-2010, 02:39 PM
She is doing well, hanging by my side as I paint today.

Kathrin G.
01-03-2010, 02:57 PM
poor Baby :heart: Hope you can find out more about avoiding it for future. Must have been sooooo scary for you and her.

susme48
01-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Thanks for opening up, Maureen...and for the coffee....need lots today. Up early to do coffee with the neighbor...Bob gets on speaker phone and we have out little coffee kaltch.

{{{Sharon}}} Good to see you!!!

Doncha just love it, Kathrin? NOT! sorry!

Things here are very slow today....very very....I am gonna pray I can get into the dr's tomorrow when I take Bubba to his. Bubba and the dogs don't understand and want to run me up and down....and I just can't do it!

Am not enjoying the pain at all (I admit I am a wuss!), and it is quite frustrating not to be able to move some, and embarrassing a number of respects. Makes me feel dumb...dishes are building...and when I can clean, I will need a bulldozer!!d Good thing hubby is gone...he would hate the 3 days worth of dishes in the kitchen. Just washing what is essential. Gonna try and unload dishwasher later today and see if I can get all of this in there!

Praying he naps today....I need one soooo badly! Eyes hurt, like there was sand under the lids....I don't do 'sick/injured' well, if you cannot tell!!

Later all!!

PS...The IB made me feel better enough to clean the kitchen up....ahhhh, now I feel a bit better. Did two loads of clothes, started one last night, and that should work for awhile. I know neighbor would help if I asked...but I hate to do that! Try to save that for major emergencies.

Charlie's Mum
01-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Aw Susan - my heart aches for you. {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}

Kathrin - it'll be the site going awry again .... it's been very jumpy for me today.

Mary - our little dog has been through the mill this past week too - digestive upset then a poorly leg ... he's a great actor ;) the limp is bad after he's been resting but when he's out in the snow, not a sign of a limp! He stands looking so sorry for himself too. Hope your little one is soon OK again - it's so worrying.

biddlebeach
01-03-2010, 04:03 PM
mine too Susan,, I can't imagine how you are able to do what you do, do..
Princess has decided to be clingy today,, I am typing one handed,, finally had to give up painting,, oh well I was giving myself a headache anyway, and I don't want that!
I posted an update in woye..

Lady Carol
01-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Chocolate Cream Puffs for dessert :D Help yourself.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jan-2010/11811-IMG_3203.jpg

biddlebeach
01-03-2010, 04:21 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Carol!!! bad, bad!!! they look great,, :thumbsup:

Lady Carol
01-03-2010, 04:27 PM
They are calorie free too :D:D:D

RPut
01-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Hi Ya All!

Hey Oz, our music man! Have you checked out a new little jazz singer from Canada? Nikki Yanofsky is 15 and fabulous!! We will certainly be hearing about her!!

Back to school tomorrow!

Have a great evening everyone!

noodle1
01-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Hi Everyone,

Sharon so good to see you, you've been missed girl!

I'm so sorry Sue, you can't do what you simply can't do, if someone can help and will, then ask them sweetie, I'm sure if the shoe were on the other foot you'd be right there. Glad in your post script you're saying you're feeling a bit better but still take it easy and let your neighbor be a neighbor.
I can so relate and wish I were closer. Hugs n prayers.

Mary Willie gets clingy when he's not feeling so good, poor little girl not like she understands what's happening. Hope it can be prevented more in the future.

Carol they can't be calorie free they look tooo good, does that mean I have to eat most of them for them to be beneficial...:D One must do what one must do.

Hi Howard, Kathie, Bret, Raymo hope you guys are feeling better, Kathleen, Dee, Shirl, Shrl, Robert, Patti, Bell, Kathy, Ruthie, Kathrin, Kim, Kat.

I came home in a snow storm, was just blowin' when I left, first time I've ever seen Rte 207 here totally devoid of traffic, mostly the winds made it look worse but it's dang cold out there still and winds haven't stopped yet, snow did. Kind of quiet day which is fine with me.

I'm going to go make a cup of tea to go with Carol's creme puffs..haha
Have a good rest of the night everyone, will see you tomorrow.

Hugs,
Elaine

idylbrush
01-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Took most of today off. Did make a loaf of sandwich bread. Should make great toast as well.

Also made yet another apple crisp. Oh they are good.

This whole week is supposed to be quite chilly. I never got out of my flannel pants today. Lazy bum am I.

Hey everyone!

biddlebeach
01-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Hey Howard,, all of your baked stuff sounds AWESOME!!!
Hi,,

OkeeKat
01-03-2010, 09:45 PM
HELLO ALL!!
Mary, sure am glad little princess is doing better, Great info Bell, hope I never need it.

Been out running around all day, signed lease for Son's house and they have kept us informed with their travels. Should get into town around midnight!!
picked up a bunch of little odds and ends for the house and stuff left over from our other home we had up in GA. since their belongings are being shipped and might not get here for another week.
so they should be good for a while. The owners left one big bed and a cot, tv w/ table to put it on.. small dining room table with two chairs and 3 chairs in the kitchen on the extending bar from the counters.

kinda anxious to see them, havent seen youngest grandson since he was born last june, and the last photo They sent was last christmas!!! so have no idea how he looks now! I'm sure the 6 yr old hasn't changed much.
they are also bringing their 15 yr old cat they were unable to give away and on new years day when they left Denver nothing was open, and they CANNOT have pets in this house. so not sure what we are going to do.. guess for the nite it will stay in the house and tomorrow go to the humane society in town.

Joe sleeping a bit and when the get close to town will call and will meet them and show them the way to the house.

I'm sure the kids and cat in crate will be glad to get out of truck, been cooped up since friday am!! what a long drive! they have alternated drivers the whole way!

I surely hope things go well!
so going to paint till they call.

Carol, ohh what yummy creme puffs!! And Calorie free!!! YEAH!!... snitched one!

later all!!:wave:

Zena
01-03-2010, 11:30 PM
I did'nt know wher to ask this so i will ask here.What does everyone think of the Venetian paints?I want to get some new paints that are good artist quality but not too expensive either.I like it that these paints come in jars as i hate wasted paint .Thanks!

OkeeKat
01-04-2010, 02:21 AM
Hi Zena, Sorry I dont know about venetian paints, maybe some other artists do.

Son and Family arrived in town at 1:15 am. just left the house we rented for them and will go back tomorrow.. they just drove 60 hrs from Denver to Okeechobee, FL. so letting them rest.. now I gota get to bed.. have to show them around town tomorrow and turn on all the utilities etc tomorrow.

Wanted to share this link with you all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VUo8OuFaiI
enjoy!!

nite all!

susme48
01-04-2010, 04:24 AM
Thanks, Maureen....and Mary!! Am still feeling some better...so I am alot happier!

Carol...oh my...now I really want something sweet!! Nothing I have is calorie free...sigh!!

Elaine....thanks...things will be ok.

Been asleep here in my chair...just wanted to pop in before I go to sleep! Busy day tomorrow...

idylbrush
01-04-2010, 05:20 AM
I did'nt know wher to ask this so i will ask here.What does everyone think of the Venetian paints?I want to get some new paints that are good artist quality but not too expensive either.I like it that these paints come in jars as i hate wasted paint .Thanks!

i've never heard of Venetian Acrylics. Tried to google them and there is no reference to them either.

I might suggest that you consider Tri-Art or Kroma since they are both Canadian and should be readily available. I have tried both and think them rather good....but, that is just my opinion.

Got cold here again last night. At least for Florida anyway. I had the heat on all night. Something I do very cautiously and rarely.

Will be packing today. Have a business trip to go on and then when I get back I have to turn around for another meeting but that one is here in the state.

Anyone purchased and eye-fi SD card for their camera yet. I am considering it at the moment. May wait until the second generation is out which should be this first quarter of 2010

The panels for the triptych are sitting there staring at me and scolding me that I am being such a lazy bum.

Got 7 hours sleep last night which is rare for me. Groggy this morning.

Carol, those cream puffs look delicious.

Sue, take care of yourself and take a little time when you can to recover.

Mary, hope the princess is doing better. I had a yorkie that had seizures and it is emotionally devastating. Hope you can figure out what is causing it and minimize the effects. Dances seems to have a good grip on the process and the carbs after the attack may be sage advice. The vet school at Ohio State U had a very similar suggestion for my Duncan.

Roses are still blooming in the back yard. The peace rose, while small flowers, is still beautiful. Have to get out there and do some fertilizing. Poor plants are starving since I haven't fertilized since last spring.

Weeds are coming out, one at a time. Progress is very slow. I have a new weed that multiplies with runners. As I pull them out the snap and seem to create more runners in short order.

Neighborhood kids have taken to throwing grapefruits at the house. Fortunately they seem to hit the roof and make lots of noise but that is about it. Had one throw stones the other day and they hit the front window. Fortunately, they didn't break the glass. These teens are going to be out of control in short order and the parents don't seem to care much. They are not singling me out but they are also doing the same to the folks across the street and next door. Just being nasty.

biddlebeach
01-04-2010, 08:10 AM
YYAAWWWWNNNNNNNN!!!
ugh,, I can't get moving this morning,, later gators!
Howard, that is just wrong, damn kids!

OkeeKat
01-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Good morning, I'm with Mary... YAWN!!
have alot to do today, got little sleep last night. very tired. going to jump in the shower and hope to wake up more!

Later all!!

idylbrush
01-04-2010, 08:38 AM
well, finally got the new work varnished and gessoed the triptych. One might think I was working again. Imagine that.

dances_with_oils
01-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Morning folks:

Mary, hope Princess has recovered. Branwen is on a fast today as she had the runs all day yesterday. At -18c last night, it was NOT pleasant for either of us when at 2 AM, she had to go out. I had such hopes for the dog food we started her on but alas, the protein percentage is too much for her her digestive system. We'll have to put her on a different food. Collies are known for their sensitive digestive systems. I had hoped Branwen was in the percentage that had the iron clad one.

My daughter is still very sick. She said that even water was too thick to get down her throat without pain. Kathrin, sounds like what your wee one had. Swollen neck, jaw, tongue, tonsils and mega pain swallowing. She's on antibiotics now so hopefully, today she should see an improvement.

Howard, we've got the same bored teenagers up here. Instead of grapefruits, they are throwing snowballs at the houses. But they are back to school today... so things should quiet down.

I've got one more piece to finish up today and I can get the canvases off to the framer. Yay!

Lady Carol
01-04-2010, 09:44 AM
I have never heard of them either. You could use Golden. They are excellent quality and come in jars.

*dee*
01-04-2010, 10:44 AM
G'mornin' y'all! :wave:

Mary....{{hugs}} to you & Princess! I had to go back to last week's thread 'cuz I had missed th original post. Has she been (currently) on any antiseizure meds? If she is they probably need to be to be adjusted or changed. I know what you are going through...and I'm glad I discovered the cause of GeeWop's.

Susan....{{hugs}} to you & Bubba too! Remember, sometimes friends and neighbors actually enjoy helping! :rolleyes: It might be a good idea to ask them to do some little thing....and then, if they offer to do more....LET THEM!!!

My ear (& neck) seem to be a little better today. I actually was able to sleep most of the night through (with help from muscle relaxant, Aleve, and a half dose of OTC sleep-aid).

Its snowing here this morning....haven't looked a a weather forcast, but if it keeps up it might amount to something. Its been cold enough for the past few days that it might actually cover the ground.

Well, if its gonna be cold...it might just as well snow!

Charlie's Mum
01-04-2010, 11:05 AM
It's cold here too - 27F this morning - managed to climb to 31F - hate all this snow and ice!

Glad you're feeling a little better Susan :thumbsup:

Kathie - long drive for the family so hope they soon recover and settle in.

Bell - your daughter sounds as if she has Mumps - painful indeed.

My Charlie had the same prob last week that your Branwen has this week - he was also very hang-dog and just lay around not wanting to eat or move, except for the necessary! Then he perked up when I made him some scrambled eggs :lol: - kept him on a light diet for a few days - he can't take the 'complete' forms of dried food - too rich.

Pets can cause us much heartache!!

OK - procrastinated all day about starting a painting - hardly worth trying now with the light gone! ;) *sigh* - tomorrow perhaps?

Carol - are those cream buns/puffs small? - they look like profiteroles ... I'll have a few please!;)

biddlebeach
01-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Yes, "the Princess" is on seizure meds, and we did up them according to what they had originally prescribed,, well, not quite, giving them to her twice a day for a bit, then will try again to go back to once a day..

woke up tired and cranky today,, worked this AM at the nursing home and now I could go right back to sleep, I am trying to paint, but being cranky is not helping much, so not sure if I should continue,,
later everyone.

Ozone
01-04-2010, 01:22 PM
I have been absent and pondering. When I hear music and can’t recall the name, it can take awhile. This young lady is now somewhat older than she used to be. This is her song.

Hi Ruthie, thanks for the introduction to Nikki Yanofsky.

Nikki Yanofsky owns the stage and audience from the start. I had a hard time in selecting only one video, and to be honest, the videos don’t show her talent all that well. She is a package of dynamite, and when I get older I will marry this young lady.

Hi Elaine :heart: and Susan

Shirl... how you do in?

Oz:)

uVI254QGSQ4

Zu6NBou_Rxs

dances_with_oils
01-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Maureen, I had thought that too (when she said that fizzy pop made it really hurt) but she did have the jag for mumps when she was little and the doc did a swab and found a bacteria infection.

Poor Charlie, hope he feels better... Branwen is looking at me with those big brown eyes and it's killing me not to feed her. What must she be thinking? "Great, I end up in a nice home with a comfy bed and I STILL have to forage for my food...what gives?"

Getting closer to finishing the last painting. Waiting for the paint to dry is getting annoying... I may join Dick and pull out the hairdryer. (Kidding)

Dee, Susan hope you both feel better soon.

Mary, I always get a chuckle from watching this... might cure your cranks...
http://ca.video.search.yahoo.com/video/play?p=william+tell+overture+singing+mom&n=21&ei=utf-8&js=1&fr=yfp-t-501&fr2=tab-web&tnr=21&vid=0001148706540

Emaryart
01-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Good morning everyone!!!! This is my first time in the cafe..I love what you all have done to the place. I have finished my morning horse chores and unfortunately have to go to town, but I am hoping to get creative this afternoon! See ya all tomorrow, and Happy New Year!

Shirl Parker
01-04-2010, 04:58 PM
...Shirl... how you do in?

Oz:)...

Hey Oz, I'm "do in" the best I can...

Mary, I had a cat that had seizures. They were triggered by sudden noises, like the alarm going off in the morning when she was in a deep sleep. I was lucky enough to be able to control it with medication. Hope you can.:cat: :cat:

Lady Carol
01-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Carol - are those cream buns/puffs small? - they look like profiteroles ... I'll have a few please!;)
They are technically profiteroles but filled with cream not the really sweet custard that the French use. help yourself.

Good morning everyone!!!! This is my first time in the cafe..I love what you all have done to the place. I have finished my morning horse chores and unfortunately have to go to town, but I am hoping to get creative this afternoon! See ya all tomorrow, and Happy New Year!
Hi Emaryart :wave: welcome here. :clap: :clap: another horsie person :clap: :clap: :clap: :D

Fulene
01-04-2010, 05:20 PM
:clap:Happy New Year to all! I haven't been to this site in ages so I've sort of forgotten how to use it. I want to know what you all think of drawing on butcher paper.(NOT freezer paper) I mean to use it for practice and planning and just messing around. I want some feedback before I buy a 1000' roll!!! Seems it could be fun and handy but you never know when you're going to make a nice drawing and then you don't want it on bad paper. Does butcher paper have any kind of texture at all? Anybody have any advice or can you tell me where to post this question?
Thanks, Fulene

howyadoin
01-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Monday already. Where did the Christmas vacation go?

noodle1
01-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

Hey Oz :heart: ah music, they're both good, but the one that Ruthie asked you about she's something else, there's that summpin' summpin' I'm always talking about...lol She's got it..haha

Mary don't have a remedy for the crankies but sometimes painting can take you out of yourself so maybe it's not such a bad time to paint. Hugs.

Hi Sue, Kat, Kim, Robert, Howard, Kathie, Ruthie, Carol, Maureen, EP, Shirl,
Shrl, Kathy, Dee glad you're doing a bit better, Sue just a few more hugs for the heck of it..lol, Patti see I'm being good not too much chatting and I'm painting..haha, Hi Kathrin purrrrrrrrr..haha. Hi Maureen, Bret... Hope I didn't forget anyone, just a quick fly by to see what's up.

Seems like staying warm isn't just for us up north. Howard the cold up here playing havoc with our fuel, castle cold is colder then ever haha Spoke with Jess she's coming home on an 8pm flight, told her to expect being cold and she was moaning bout it was 42 degrees where she was...lol I told her to rev up the groaning, just wait til you step off that plane. Have a good rest of your day.

Later then,
Elaine

noodle1
01-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Oops I ended too soon, Hi Tara and Fulene big welcome to the cafe..Okay it's getting horsey in here indeed...YAY..haha. Fulene as far as butcher paper I've never used it, but as far as drawing maybe. I would think you could use it or pretty much anything for practice sketching out ideas, painting on it sorry just don't know.

Hugs,
Elaine

biddlebeach
01-04-2010, 06:06 PM
This is a pic of Princess , she got bored waiting for me while I was painting,, hehe,,

Ozone
01-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Hey Shirl, can ya tell me about Sat. night in Brownsville? Do they milk cows and drink rye whiskey or swim in the sea?

Elaine :heart: Etta is about 71 and Nikki maybe 17. Nikki is so fun to watch perform, can’t see it in this video of her, but she is hot. Maybe I’ll book her for Brownsville. Take Shirl and Nikki out for a double milkshake, when they get done with those cows that is. Until then I shout rye. Your welcome Carol.

objectivistartist
01-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Thankfully, Xmas and all of it went thataway...... :thumbsup:

idylbrush
01-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Ended up being a very busy day. Had to run to the market, the post office, the barber shop, WalMart. Everything took longer than anticipated. I didn't get home from this trip until well after 2:OO PM. When I was downtown I stopped at Whole Foods for some snacks I can take on my road trip. The rest of the afternoon was taken up with laundry, ironing, packing and prepping the house.

Feulene, for mock ups, cartoons and layouts, butcher paper is great. I wouldn't suggest it for a good drawing. Practice and a place to loosen up but not for a finished drawing. I've used it for years, especially when I was working stained glass and had to get a good cartoon going. I had a 1K' roll and it lasted for years. Miss it now.

idylbrush
01-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Since I am not sure of how much heat is at the kennel, I needed to have a coat for Tinker. Couldn't find one in the house, heaven knows where they disappeared.

So, I took a heavy sports sock and cut it up a bit to make a "jacket" for her. It worked.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jan-2010/36241-tinkercoat.jpg

biddlebeach
01-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Oh Howard,, Tinker is a stylin' Doggie! NICE!!

RPut
01-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Hi Everyone--especially our new friends Zena, Tara and Fulene!

Made is through our Back to School Day! Kids were even pretty good. A St. T. started with me today. She was a bit overwhelmed! And I told her she can dress a bit more casual for Kindergarten! She was so cute, but a skirt, bare legs, and cute little shoes wasn't going to work going out for recess duty! lol. I should talk--this ND girl doesn't own a pair of boots, just ski boots. And there was a LOT of snow on the playground! So went shopping after school and got a new cozy pair of boots! Yeah! I'm ready now!

Oz, I new you would find Nikki for me! I saw a clip about her on the news, didn't catch her name, but just did a little search and found her. She only has 3 songs on itunes tho. The Canadian itunes wouldn't let me purchase so will have to wait. I think they said she has a new album coming out soon. She is a cutie! Thanks!!

Kathie, hope your family gets settled in and everything goes okay! I am sure you will enjoy being with the little ones.

Sorry about the cold down south. It was great here today! About 9 degrees, fresh new snow and no wind. Gorgeous! Gonna get some cold stuff tho sometime this week. I'll check with Kathleen, she usually sends me what they have up there.

Howard, Tinker is such a cutie! So is Princess Mary!

Hope Susan and Dee feel better and your daughter too, Bell.

Oh, gotta borrow someones list --- greetings to everyone!

dances_with_oils
01-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Thanks Ruth, spoke to the kid earlier and she sounded so much better. Amazing what a day and half of antibiotics will do. Whew. Now to get Branwen sorted out. She is not amused with me for not feeding her.

Hubby is at a sleep clinic to see why he's been having trouble sleeping without waking the dead with his snoring and wild gesturing while he's asleep. He clocked me one night - he was so mortified that he'd immediately went to see the doc to find out what is going on. The doc thinks he isn't producing enough of the sleep chemical that paralyzes the muscles so you don't walk around and act out your dreams. So they'll wire him up tonight and get it figured out.

I almost finished the last painting. My back gave out from standing over it (lots of details that require me to stand over it to keep the brush from jiggling as opposed to working vertical on the easel). I'll get it done tomorrow - I hope.

Hi to the new folks... welcome aboard.

susme48
01-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Hi all!! Well we are reasonably sure it is not broken....my dr. fit me in, after Bubba' s saw him. She did 4 x-rays...just to be sure. Gave me some extra pain meds...lower dose for the daytime...and 2 shots steroid type mixtures...something about long an short steroids?? never heard of that, so I may have misunderstood.

From discussion, not look, with Bubba's urologist and my dr. was lucky enough to find out that my lichen sclerosis may have left the invisible barriors I thought restricted it....and enlarged its territory. I am beginning to think that I can thin my wardrobe drastically....because I will never be able to wear normal clothes again. Sigh! Glad I am older, at 20 it would have been alot more devasting than at 59. I can live without pantyhose, and stuff like that...will miss my jeans...tho'. But sweats are pretty comfy. and long skirts are ok.

I have to call the surgeon from a couple years ago tomorrow...and see if he wants to do a galactogram again....sigh. Hiding last yrs probs till this year, may end up ruining the first part of this one. I just wanted to get thru' the holidays first, before I went and let all the cats out of the bag. Should keep things interestiing...:lol: I have an appointment to see her again next week...a number of other things we need to discuss. Maybe if I get them out of the way, and things taken care of, this will be a better year.

Thanks, Howard, Dee, Bell....for the well wishes and hugs. I am trying to take it easy...will call the caregiver place tomorrow and expain that I need some extra help because of MY health, and see how that goes. That and ask for someone who likes to play and walk and go outside....sigh! He needs that...he really does.

Howard....it was cold here too...most of the day it hovered in the 20's....brrrrrrr!! I remember being that bored during school breaks, but mostly we did stuff that I now know was dangerous...but did not seem so at the time....we through bad apples and snowballs at the trailers on semi's.....I think my parents let us, because we were...ummmm....'aim' challenged...:) Once we hit an off duty police officers windshield with a snowball....he reemed us up one side and down the other....as I recall, that ended it all.

Bell....sorry about your daughter....this thing sounds strange, and ugly!

Dee, hope you are feeling better!!

Oz...two wonderful songs by 2 wonderful singers!....nice songs! :heart:

Bell..love the video!!!

Tara...welcome to QDC...we try to keep things fairly tidy and homey! We want everyone to feel welcome!

Hi Fullene...welcome! Afraid I don't have an answer for you either....I hope someone does!

Bret, it sll seems to go soooo fast!!

Glad your first day went ok, Ruthie....Hope your ST works out!!

Not sure HOW cold it is....according to weather.com....it is 24, with a wind chill factor of 18...going down to about 14 ( usually does not get that cold here!!)....but using my new Christmas snuggly...I think it perhaps is a size too small....but it will keep either your front or back warm....but not both....:lol: Brrr! Night all!

Ozone
01-05-2010, 12:45 AM
Thank you Susan :heart:

Hey Ruthie, it was really my pleasure, Nikki Yanofsky is such a charming delight, she has outstanding capabilities and to be comfortable while having FUN at the same time... I hope she will go far.

Let me introduce myself, I am Oz, and I do paint. I tend more to oil these days and in warm weather my airbrush is always near by. But in my younger days it was music and it remains at the top today. I played guitar many years and the blues harp as well.

So let me introduce to you, my world of music, the blues... and possibly the best ever artists, and the cafe’ doesn’t know them. Paul Butterfield is my favorite, and just the most extreme and coolest base guitar player ever, Danny Draher. There timing is perfect, but even Paul makes a mistake, trying to fill for the base player, Danny is just to heavy. And they laugh and have FUN. They catch on fire at the end and are punching it out. It takes about 10 minutes.

Comments are welcome and I hate NIN...

Paul Butterfield - The thrill is gone

Kn90uvj9Pgw

sveldstra
01-05-2010, 07:20 AM
Good morning all. Coffee is on and hot. Weather is snowy and not. Big kids are returning to school and I can get on the computer in the morning YEAH! Hopefully I can get to paint today too. (Oops gotta run - monkeys woke up). Will check in later.:wave:

OkeeKat
01-05-2010, 07:33 AM
Hi all, spent alot of time with son and family trying to get them settled.
The kiddies are doing great, getting so big, had a great visit and dinner last night out with our old renters couple with their two kids.. son's best friend and family. all the kids got along realy great!! at least they still have friends not too far away now. out there they never realy had time for friends.

did get elect, util, cable all on in their name, alot of other odds and ends done and today they will do more.. still awaiting their furniture. might be a few days or week before they get it.

gota get ready for work, long day planned. later all!!
hope to catch up on the last pages soon.
hugs and luv to all

welcome newcomers!!

biddlebeach
01-05-2010, 08:01 AM
morning everyone! coffee is getting cold as I sit here,, already warmed it up once,, guess I should sip it more often, instead of letting it sit here while I read,,
it is 16 out with a wind shill of 5,, sigh,, gotta run! talk to ya all later!

susme48
01-05-2010, 08:04 AM
Hey Oz!! :heart: Love the blues....we used to live outside Memphis...no place like the Rum Boogie Cafe on Bd an evening!!

Here's one to get everyone's blood stirring this morning....Eirc Clapton and Carlos Santana and the Crossroads Blues Fest (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmRBvX1mQBw) I know I should learn to do the box thing...I will one day!!

No way to ever pick my fav song....I liked Butterfied...he was always amazinig...to me. But how do you choose between BB King....Muddy Waters....Robert Johnson ?? I cut my teeth listening to 78's on the victrola of Count Basie and sneeking over to the jazz side with John Coltrane, Miles Davis, and Thelonious Monk. Been awhile since I listened....but that was one of the best part of Cosby...listening to all the Blues records they played! (and still is!!)

Well now that y'all are awake, I'm gonna catch a few Zzz's!

Morning Sharon!! Nice to see you around again!! Keep that coffee hot...I'll be back!

Hi Kathie...Hi Mary!!

Ozone
01-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Morning Susan,

I’m surprised that anyone new Butterfield, wonderful that it would be you. Clapton has a huge body of work and a lot of that is blues, he crosses the line like Santana with different rhythms, because they are great artist and because they can.

BB is just fun to watch, I hear and believe he can not play and sing at the same time. BB and U2’s Bono teamed to make a powerful rendition of “When love comes to town.” Have to know what cut to buy tho. Thanks for your comment.

susme48
01-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Oz...Butterfield was at Woodstock...but I was not. Would have been if I could have...not sure if he played at any of the marches on DC. At one time I was proud of going, now, well now I feel very old and find there are almost more things that I wish I had NOT done, than there are that I HAD done. Perhaps that is just youth...if not everyone's, definitely mine! Funny that at the same time I was protesting the war, I was also drinking buddies with most of the local recruiters on campus....I was my own personal oxymoron....:lol:

Lordy the things that we remember...music can invoke alot of memories for me. Music played a large part in my life, tho' I was not very talented in that area. Used to play piano....but not much anymore...I have forgotten alot in spite of 8 yrs of lessons.

Bob used to be a drummer....almost toured with a well-known group, but was not enthusiastic about the lifestyle. So music has always meant alot to him as well.

Tried to sleep...but tho' Morpheus was sought, he was not found. Now I am feeling tired, but if I lay down now, Bubba will get up, and I will be cranky...hopefully this way, I will just be tired....:lol:

Perhaps I shall paint a masterpiece today...or not....:D

Ozone
01-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Susan...Did we start the day off wrong, evoking memories of our better days. Well change is good and the younger have their music for their memories. It is refreshing to see a new star such as Nikki, but you know many of her songs predate us, going back to boogie woogie.

I did not know Butterfield was at Woodstock but I have long followed his music. My old records, 8-tracks, and cassettes vanished over the years. So, YouTube has been a gift for me. I wish the visitors would listen to Butterfield, especially the last couple of minutes with the base player, but I believe they will not.

Howard not long ago played some interesting music. Street music, telling their tale of life. The blues is still blue today.

Take care my friend,

Raymo
01-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Susan, you better get that butt in bed and quit playin games all night long....hehe.

susme48
01-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Can't go to bed now Ray....Bubba is up and feeling very active....sigh! just me and him today....not that the help is help...she just sits for a few hours....and complains. Maybe if he naps later, I can get one too....who knows.

Shirl Parker
01-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Hey Shirl, can ya tell me about Sat. night in Brownsville? Do they milk cows and drink rye whiskey or swim in the sea?

We don't have Saturday nights in Brownsville, Oz :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ozone
01-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Oh, Shirl that is bad news, Brownsville must be smaller than I thought. :lol: :lol:
And I just bought a Get-Out-of-Jail-Free card, valid on a Saturday night only.

Raymo
01-05-2010, 06:39 PM
I'm sick of getting sick and i'm becoming a bit of a germaphobe. You girls wash your hands before coming in here. Do it !

biddlebeach
01-05-2010, 06:48 PM
AAAAACHOO!!!
oh,, hiya Ray,, sniff sniff,,

hehe

Raymo
01-05-2010, 06:55 PM
AAAAACHOO!!!
oh,, hiya Ray,, sniff sniff,,

hehe

Ohhhhh, youre sooooo bad....:lol:

Oh by the way, when did you stop running around nekkid ? Somewhere in your twenties I hope, hehe. (you thought I was gonna let that one slip by :evil:)

biddlebeach
01-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Yeh,, might have been around then! LOL

Shirl Parker
01-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Ray, it's you germaphobes who get sick all the time, you need to surround yourself with more germs, become immune to them. No more of those gel hand cleaners, play in the dirt more!

Raymo
01-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Ray, it's you germaphobes who get sick all the time, you need to surround yourself with more germs, become immune to them. No more of those gel hand cleaners, play in the dirt more!

I just have to keep an eye on you girls. Make sure youre all wearin your surgical masks. I do like your idea though. Maybe I need to roll in the dirt, like a horse or a piggie. Better yet, maybe an occasional roll in the hay, hehe. That should build up my immune system.

idylbrush
01-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Ray, a recent study by the medicals out there found that being to germ free is not a good thing and it has recently been linked to some forms of cancer. Was on the news last week.

Made it to Florence SC tonight. Going to get up early and head out to Raleigh and make a quick stop at Jerrys Artarama to pick up a few little goodies it seems. I knew there was a silver lining to that cloud.

Just got word that my show has been moved up a month. Guess I need to get it in gear and get some work done. Wasn't expecting that one.

OkeeKat
01-06-2010, 12:09 AM
Hi all, did very little painting today, had long day at work and helped kids at house for a bit. had quick dinner with inlaws and Joe, now he's got what I had.. he might stay home tomorrow.
alls well though.

Howard, glad your safe.. Love tinkers new sweater! great idea!
Ray your so bad.
Susan, hope you feel better.
Mary, doggies realy looking great! Call me sometime tomorrow!

Hi and hugs to everyone else.. please stay warm!!
Was 39 here today and gettin worse tonight! Piper wearing a tshirt and sweater ontop to go out. he snuggles up in his bed most of the time.
thank god for our Fireplace.. thermostat controlled. realy warms up main part of house.. bedrooms freezing!! gona leave doors open, hopeing it will help. and fans on to circulate the warm air.

nite all cya tomorrow, gota catch up on all the chatter, hope all feel better who were ill and take care of yourselves, the rest of the crew!

:wave:

biddlebeach
01-06-2010, 01:43 AM
when is good Kathie? are you working?

OkeeKat
01-06-2010, 07:18 AM
Morning all, off to get ready for work, fortunately its our slow/paper day and no patients untill 2-5pm. so can answer my cell phone.

biddlebeach
01-06-2010, 07:40 AM
Hi everyone! gonna be another chilly one and more snow is on it's way,, yippee! NOT! may be an early day for me,, will see..

PattiLou
01-06-2010, 07:47 AM
Morning gang.:wave:

I see Ray has been stirring up dirt again.:D

Kathie glad your family made it to Florida all safe and sound, at least you don't have to worry about the trip anymore.

The cold weather zapped my papaya trees :mad: but I brought in a bunch of papayas before they got zapped. Now I have them laying all over the kitchen to ripen up some. Zapped my garden too, everything except the collards. Tomatoes looking droopy and blackened by frost, even the hibiscus are half zapped.:mad: We don't have a fireplace but have been using a space heater for a little extra heat.

Be safe on your trip Howard... pick up lots of goodies.

I'm off to prepare for a meeting, cya later.

biddlebeach
01-06-2010, 07:56 AM
Gosh Florida guys,, so sorry this is so bad for you, at least up here we are used to it,, doesn't mean we LIKE it,, but ,,
have a great day today Patti, hope you don't lose any more!

Shirl Parker
01-06-2010, 09:42 AM
It's been cold here in Brownsville, and I'm lovin' it. Bring it on for more!

dances_with_oils
01-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Morning folks:

I was speaking to the MIL as they are down near Tampa and she was saying how chilly it has been. Now, we're sitting here with temps ranging between minus 15C and minus 20C with windchill taking it down to minus 25C-30C I was having a wee bit of a problem feeling bad for them. But as Mary points out, we're used to it - our houses are insulated, heated and the dogs etc all have their winter coats (as do we)unlike the folks in the Sunshine State. (is it at least sunny still?) Hope this cold snap doesn't affect the citrus fruit - hate to see my OJ doubling in price.

I guess my mother hen is coming out as I feel the urge to cluck about being careful using space heaters, fireplaces and other electrical heat sources. Please don't leave them on unattended or plug them into outlets/circuits that are already heavily in use. If you can, use a plug with a GFI on it.

Some hints to keep warm (thanks to the Great Ice Storm of 98)

Keep your drapes and curtains drawn at night - open them in the day if there is sunlight - sun will help warm up the house.

Use a hot water bottle in your bed to warm it up. If your bed remains cold, place an emergency foil blanket - shiny side up between your bedding and mattress... it will reflect your body heat back - it will be a bit noisy with the crinkling but it will keep your body warm (especially those that have arthritis) and it is much safer than leaving an electric space heater on.
(you can pick them up for about 2.00 at any auto supply/hardware store)

If your house can't maintain a temp above 50F at night, wear a hat to bed to maintain your body temp. The rate of heat loss through the head is amazing.

Moist, warm air feels warmer to the body than electric heat so put on a pot of water on the stove. The heat from the simmering water will feel warmer. (just remember to check the levels and turn it off if you go out or to bed)

Remember, hot air rises so adjust those ceiling fans to blow the air down. (switch the blades around or reverse the direction) You need the warmth at your feet not on the ceiling.

In times where there will be a surge in power usage (heaters etc) be prepared for power outages or brown outs. If you have an electric water pump, fill up a few pots of water before you go to bed that way if the power is off when you get up, you can still brush your teeth and clean up.

Candles emit a small bit of heat if used in a smaller room. If you are going to use candles, be careful - blow them out when you leave the room. You can make a slightly safer type candle by filling a mason jar to the third mark with veggie oil and making a floating wick out of styrofoam wrapped in tin foil - cut the foam in a circle and cover with foil - poke a small hole in the middle and insert string with enough to reach the bottom of the jar. Tie a knot in the string under the foam circle to prevent it from falling through - leave about a half inch above the oil. Light. It should burn for about 24 hours - it will be a bit smokey but no more than dollar store candles do. The glass with allow heat to build and it works as a small furnace as the heat transfers through the glass. People during the ice storm managed to heat one room (average 9'x12') of their homes using 3 of these candles to a comfortable 60F.

(if you are going to use these, for the painters - move your work out of the room as they will get covered in a fine layer of oil/soot)

I'm off to start another painting... we went all the way up to the doggie boot camp last night and discovered that I had got the dates wrong. It's actually tonight... so as a result, didn't get any painting done last night and tonight, I suspect I won't get much done either.

sveldstra
01-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Good morning all:wave:
Started first new painting in a while yesterday afternoon. It is just a 8X10 and not too complex, so hopefully will have it finished today or tomorrow and I can start on some polar bears. I fluked into a great connection with a zookeeper who is also an amateur photographer, and she has given me permission to work from some of her photos of a preserve up north for reference material. I've been planning them for months and even have one of them nice really big canvases to start on. I'm hoping to get the first one finished by the end of the month in time for a one month showing of my work at a coffee house down town.
Hope everyone has a great day, and all the sick people start feeling better.

*dee*
01-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Just a quick "drive-by"....we're short-handed AGAIN at work. Not sure how many hours I'm ending up with this week....but its a lot. And I've been so busy I haven't even spent the last TWO paychecks!!!! :lol: I guess I shouldn't gripe, huh?

Gotta run, hugs all around.

susme48
01-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Afternoon all!!! The day is not going so great....woke up to no water even tho' I have been letting it run at night. Built a 'house' for the pump a couple yrs ago....but with the hip thing going on did not turn the heater on outside...hoping that the running water would be enough. Vaguely recall the guy explaining how to restart the pump the last time it was out....but I have forgotten, plus not sure I am up to going outside and playing with it all. May turn the heater on and wait til tomorrow to seeif that helps. I have enough water to get thru' till then....sigh....I hate this!!

Was planning to head back to bed when the caregiver showed up...am just wiped out!!! I don't think my hip liked all the driving and walking the other day. But not sure I can do that now....sigh.

Back later, I hope!!

biddlebeach
01-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Aw Susan,, so sorry things are so crappy for you,, hope your water thaws out without too much trouble..

idylbrush
01-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Sue, we are facing frozen pipes in Florida. Had to have a neighbor go over to my place and wrap the outside pipes, YIKES! We are supposed to be warm dangit.

Made it to Jerry's Artarama today and dropped only a small amount of money. What is wrong with that picture. Got some texture additive from Matisse, two new Matisse colors, 4 canvases (gallery wrapped) and that was about it. The paints were a bit pricey but not terrible. Great colors so worth it.

Made it to the hotel, set up the booth and then headed out to make dinner reservations and also get to the Apple Store. Only found one small inexpensive item I wanted , so, got it.

Now I am hoping that things are good at the house.

biddlebeach
01-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Howard, I am also hoping this are okay at the house for you,, this is crazy!

susme48
01-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Well, I checked things out in my little pumphouse after a "happy" conversation with my hubby....but had no luck...somewhere in the one pipe is a reset button for the pump...if I recall correctly....but could not get the cap off. The neighbor's handy man is gonna come over tomorrow, to check it out....sigh. Hopefully it will start then. I tried flipping all the breaker switches off.....but that did not do it. Set the heater up insdie the 'house' while I was out there, made sure it still worked. It is one you can set to come on if it is below freezing. So we shall see.

Thank goodness I learned after Huricane Katrina, to keep water on hand. I keep about 14+ gallon jugs in the one bathroom closet. Plus have wet ones, and sanitizer cloths to use if we need them. Lots of Gern-X on hand. As long as I can cook, and make coffee....we'll make it. Plus enough water to flush things.

Otherwise, head is still pounding, but Bubba has been my helper all day...so life is good. Caregiver never came...somehow I was afraid she might not.

Thanks, Mary...looks like 2010 is off to a great start....NOT! Oh, well....as they say, this too shall pass!!

Howard....hope your pipes are ok....we had to have ours wrapped when we lived in TN....but there is better skirting here....or so we thought.

It warmed up today, so that might help. In fact, with the sun beating in the one window, the thermometer said it was almost 90...of course that was just right by the window....not in the rest of the house. :lol:

Hope everyone else is doing ok!

biddlebeach
01-06-2010, 07:39 PM
I think,, I really really think I am done with my painting,:clap: :clap: I just posted it over on WOYE please let me know what ya all think?!?;) be nice though,:o :wave: :wave:

OkeeKat
01-06-2010, 08:31 PM
I love it Mary! you did a great job on both dogs!

biddlebeach
01-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Thanks Kathie,, I am in the emailing stage with my sis , she and her husband both love it! whew!

RPut
01-06-2010, 09:45 PM
BBrrrrrrrrrrr............

PattiLou
01-06-2010, 11:00 PM
Bell you just have a whole list of tidbits don't ya? We throw extra blankets on the bed... and sweatpants keep you warm in bed if you need them. Found out about that when we had a tent camper, lol. The pipes we put insulation on and hope it works. In the motorhome we disconnected the water and turned off the pump.

The farmers are trying to save the oranges and strawberries and I think they are ok for now but we are supposed to have several more days and it is supposed to get worse.

Susan you may have to prime the pump to get it started again. We had to do that when we lived in Alabama... not fun without water. You can always use creek water to flush the toilet, just have Bubba carry in a bucket full, didn't you say there was a creek nearby? We used lake water.

I have to go sit in an unheated building all day tomorrow for a meeting. One little space heater to heat the whole place, not enough power to bring in more heaters. You can bet I will have on my ski jacket plus many layers. At least I won't be the only one suffering, there will be 30 of us turning blue.:evil:

Guess I will find some extra blankets and go to bed. Nite all. Maybe I will take my blankie with me tomorrow.:lol:

OkeeKat
01-07-2010, 07:56 AM
Brrrr very cold still 31 this am!! This is nuts!!! suppposed to be warm in FL!!!
at least it should kill all the love bug larve, haven't had a freeze in over 20 yrs.
running late today cya later!

noodle1
01-07-2010, 08:17 AM
Morning all,

Sun's shining and it's cold but it's a beautiful day from the window....LOL

Coffee here and some doughnuts.

Patti see that's what happens when you guys live in Paradise, your blood thins, now ours ..thick as mud...lol Hope your meeting goes quickly.

Hey Shirl, you're loving it huh girl..haha have a great day!

Wonder what we'd do if we didn't have something to oak and moan about..haha Well I hope the day offers little in the way of stress and aggravation. I'm still doing layouts for the church and I'm having a ball with them, been a while since I got to do what I use to do on the computer, it's fun. Sue that was cool that the water came on while we were yakkin', hope it stays on and hope you're feeling much better today, Hugs sweetie. Say hi to Bubba for me and Bob.

Be good, stay warm, see ya later.

Hugs,
Elaine

susme48
01-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Woke up early this am(7am)...and was drawn by the quiet....have not decided whether I will sneak back later or not.

There was such a hush....so I looked out the window.....

Don't see this in Mississippi very often....not in the daytime. Usually it snows at night, and melts in the day. Be interesting....:eek: to see what it does.

Elaine, that was funny how the water came on while we were talking....I guess it takes awhile for the reserve tank and hot water heater to fill, when they are totally empty. Was going to pat myself on the back, for enduring the cold and the trip down the steps on crutches....but was afraid I might strain my arm or shoulder....and compound this mess :angel:

Bubba has been a big help to me, he does not quite understand why I cannot do some things, but has been willing to carry and pick up things for me. Been very proud of him!

Actually feeling some better this am, but have resolved NOT to push it, so that I might feel better tomorrow as well. It could be that it just took the two shots this long to work....who knows.

Coffee is on....not cooking yet...too early for me....:lol: but lots of hot coffee! OJ for those who prefer juice.

Kathie...I remember the 2-3 freezes when we lived in Fla...in fact I remember a week of snow and ice and brrrrrrr (I believe that was the year there was snow in Miami)!! Was going to say it had not been that long, but amazingly enough, it has been at least 25 yrs since I lived in Fla...does not seem like it could have been that long....time sometimes flies, even if you are NOT having fun, I guess....:lol:

Oh, and Patti....we do live near a creek....would be about 1/2 mile to get to it...the biggest problem would be the 18-25 foot bank down to the creekbed. Erosionn is horrible here....here's some pics...to give you an idea.

The depression on the right is where the creek is....
The creek in the spring....
the creek in the fall....

Much easier to drive to neighbors and borrow....actually easier to go to town and buy it than carry it...:eek:

Well...took awhile to find the creek pics....:lol: but it is still snowing...not meltinig.

~~Kathleen
01-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Morning all, coffee is on if the other pot has run out.
Fresh croissants as well
I am so sorry about the cold weather/snow that you folks are getting down South.
While some (up here) may snicker at the panic snow brings the people down South, it can be very serious if you are not prepared for it.
I have a Niece that just moved to Atlanta, and she was commenting on the safety measures given on the radio re the cold snap.
So she gathered all her new friends (that really were panicking) and helped them prepare and cope with the cold. (she is from Manitoba, where winters are really brutal)
So be safe & warm all.

I have been busy, a dear friend is home now, so I have been dividing my time between him and my studio. Time always seems to be at a premium with me. Oh well, I was never one to sit and wait for things to happen anyhow.

I see where everyone coped well with Christmas, and that we all weathered the holidays in the best possible manner.

I am working on a new series of paintings now.
My last are all gone now! :)
I did hold one back as I really liked it, and just could not part with it.

For anyone that is looking to sell works, do not forget Corporate Sponsors/buyers.
Many Corporations collect art as it is a total write-off, so it is a very good investment for them. They often loan out parts of their collections as well so exposure (for the artist) can be pretty good.
Contact them directly ask for the Art collection Curator, and take it from there. It helps if in some way your art is in sync with their product/business.
Corporations tend to favour local artisans, as this promotes them within their own community.

Keep our of trouble, and be well all
~~Kathleen

Silo
01-07-2010, 05:42 PM
I feel sorry for all you Northern Hemispherians, especially the Southern ones. I don't know how you cope!

I have my paints out on the verandah. It's a balmy 23 outside. 12:41 am.

Bugs are an issue outside though. Painted over a couple. Does that make the painting mixed media? hehe!

susme48
01-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Hi Silo! Welcome to the cafe....where are you, and how long would it take me to get there? :lol: Does that make the painting mixed media? hehe! <snicker, snort>

Silo
01-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Thanks: ) I'm on the Southern tip of Africa. All the doors and windows are open and I've got the fan running. Tomorrow is going to be another scorcher.

Seriously. Frozen pipes?! How can you live? Alhough the ice and snow is pretty amazing.

Hehe! About 15 hours 10 minutes from Atlanta to Johannesburg. 45 minute flight from there to the bush. Swimming of course, would take somewhat longer.

biddlebeach
01-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Susan, I couldn't see your links,, :(

~~Kathleen
01-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Oh good grief Silo, please do not feel sorry for us.
There are those of us that are acclimatised to winter, and for the most part love it. (I am in Alberta, Canada)
Mind you those in the Southern part of North America are not used to the colds, and it can and will affect them harshly as they do not usually have this type of cold.
The beauty around us abounds with the weather.
Yesterday in our front yard....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Jan-2010/92567-catching_rays_014.jpg

I hope everyone else has had a productive day.
I have been busy, maybe I will chat with friends later on.
But for the most part the hard stuff is done here :)
Have a good dinner all, Fried Chicken and all the traditional fixings for us tonight.

susme48
01-07-2010, 09:53 PM
What a wonderful photo, Kathleen!! There is not a season on God's earth that does not have it's beauty!! Sad to say, it is usually us, who changes that beauty.

I know I complain about the cold (mostly as a joke)...but winter can be magnificent; many people hate the heat, but the summer can be marvelous; the brilliant colors of autumn, the delicate blooms of spring....gorgeous enough to bring tears to ones eyes!

OkeeKat
01-08-2010, 12:45 AM
Hi all, had a very busy day today at work, crashed after dinner and did a little painting. Will post update on woye.
Stil very cold.. hi of 53 today and low of 29, which is cold to us when used to 80-90 degree days and 60 degree nites. last yr I think it got in the 40s maybe 2-4 days all winter. never got below that.. I think this is our first freeze in about 20 yrs. they do predict snow flurries this weekend!
Think mother nature is pissed! :lol:

Hi Silo welcome to our little cafe!

hope everyone is well.
Kathleen love the photo, the snow is beautiful, I just cant take the extreme cold, It triggers bronchospasms and brings on an asthma attach. had a coughing spell on way to work after trying to scrape ice off my windshield today. thank god carry my inhalers at all times. but did fine.
I used to when lived in NJ wear a scarf over my mouth so not to breathe in the extreme cold.

Susan, hope you get your pipes fixed. We have been in Fl for now 25 yrs now and dont remember it ever snowing, not down our area yet.. but I'm sure it has on occasion.

later all, gota get some sleep. very tired today. think its catching up with me.

sveldstra
01-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Good morning all, coffee is hot, and oatmeal is on. First disaster of the morning is already over. The little ones decided to experiment again with food preparation. This time a combo of cooking oil, raw eggs and margarine. (hence oatmeal for breakfast). Glad to hear the water came back on Susan. It's frustrating when stuff that we just expect to work doesn't. Good thing you were prepared. I get to start the new painting today (as long as no other emergencies come up). I'll post the elk I just finished in the woye, hopefully I can get it downsized with out loosing all the detail.
Have a great day, and silo welcome to the cafe:wave:

Shirl Parker
01-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Good morning all. Freezing here. Waiting for my doggie visitors to be delivered. They are delayed because one of them rolled around in "Duck poo" and had to have a quick bath before they could leave. I'll have them for the weekend.

Raymo
01-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Sharon and Shirl are the only ones up....get outta bed ya big babies !

PattiLou
01-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Been up a long time Ray!:wave:

Been to the Library and Grocery already, after reading my email and the acrylic forum threads.

At the library I noticed the space where they keep the books on art keeps getting smaller and smaller, so started looking around for something else and to my surprise found books on art stuck here and there. When I checked out I ask the librarian if they file the books by number or helter-skelter? She said they were "supposed" to be by number and she would check them out. I think someone, maybe a new person, doesn't know what they are doing. It's hard to get good help.:lol:

I survived the cold building yesterday... wore my hiking boots to keep my feet warm on the concrete floor. A lot of people said their feet were freezing. Glad that meeting is over, my behind got tired of sitting on those hard, cold chairs.... and it was boring!!!:p

Now they are talking about possible sleet.:eek: Guess it can't hurt my plants they are already devastated.

Love the snowy picture Kathleen, it's gorgeous.

Naw, don't feel sorry for us Silo, we bounce back. I'm originally from Ohio so I know all about 9-months of dreary weather, blizzards and ice storms. Feel sorry for everyone when they will have to pay higher prices for citrus fruit and strawberries because the crops are freezing. That's the bad part, people recover, plants don't.

After lunch I'm gonna turn on the space heater in the studio and throw some paint around, if it's not too thick to work.:D

Lady Carol
01-08-2010, 12:21 PM
I feel sorry for all you Northern Hemispherians, especially the Southern ones. I don't know how you cope!
.....with great difficulty and much complaining. It is times like these that I wish I could fly south for the winter - way south. But then I get to see snow which I never saw until an adult. Snow falling (for me at least) is still very entertaining but have to drive in it and I freak out nearly every time.

Silo
01-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Hi everone. Can I have some coffee then? I'll skip the oatmeal. Is 7:30pm here. Bit late for the breakfast hehe!

Thanks for the welcomes. :wave:

I don't feel sorry for people living in amazingly beautifull places. Not at all. I want to still visit similar places. Is just hard for me to fathom living in those conditions. Getting the day to day stuff done. With frozen pipes. And the poor iguanas and manatees.

Got the first working Friday of the year behind me. Time to slop some paint around!

susme48
01-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Morning (notice the lack of GOOD...:lol:) Someone got up in an exuberant and mean mood this am....which has not done much to establish peace in the household. He is playing with the phones, and making them ring by putting on the search setting....driving me nuts, but trying not to show it...that just encourages him.

Apparently he drove the operator nuts this morning....had alot of zero's to erase. Wonder how much that will cost me? sigh! Only really 'bad' thing he has done is try to punch and kick me in the sore hip....sometimes it is hard not to sink to his level...:lol: He does not know enough to not signal his intent....so it is just irritating.

Sharon, I am so hoping we can skip the cooking stage...lordy!! I recognize mostf, from raising my other 3....but his 'stages' last so much longer than other kids. :eek:

Winter driving for myself does not bother me, or make me nervous...but I don't deal well with the idiocy of others. And i guess not just in driving either....:o

Kathie, I remember how sad it was, driving past the orange groves a number of years ago...and seeing all the dead and dying trees...miles and miles of them. That is such a sad thing....must be devastating to people to put in hours and hours of backbreaking work, and to see a few hours of cold weather destroy all of it. So many did not bounce back! I imagine I will need to find another source of calcium (ice cream???? :angel: :lol:) I will never be able to afford the higher prices that will be coming. I usually buy it on sale and freeze it...but one can only do so much of that, before it loses the vitamins.

It is amazing what you can do, when you need to, Silo!! I have just gotten old enough now, that I don't feel obligated to 'prove' myself anymore. I have been waiting 59 years for someone to take care of me, instead of the other way around. Doubt it will ever happen....but gal can dream!!

Well...someone sent me alot of photos last night :D, and I have been getting alot from my new S-I-L. So somewhere in all of them is a painting that needs done. Plus watched all of Howards video's last night....and I still have all those mediums to play with!! Perhahps I will paint today.

dances_with_oils
01-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Afternoon folks:

It's been snowing all morning and it's that wet heavy stuff that kills you trying to lift it. Think I'll wait until hubby gets home and have him fire up the snow blower.

I got the last of my paintings done this morning and all I have to do it get them up to the framer by tomorrow. (I love this woman, she does amazing work, is within a reasonable price range and gets your paintings done lickity split).

I'm anxiously awaiting hubby's interview with his career mangler to find out where we are going next. That happens on Monday. Somewhere that isn't near a swamp would be nice.

Sharon, good to see you again.. Kathy(Amuse)/Kathleen if you're lurking, Alberta is on the career mangler's menu...

Raymo
01-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Went to the mailbox and got some stuff from the Scooter Store. How old do they think I am ? :mad: I keep gettin stuff from the AARP too....:mad:. I do think it would be kinda cool to go driving down the highway or downtown with a new electric chair. I wonder if I can get it to go about 40-50 mph ? :lol:

biddlebeach
01-08-2010, 03:30 PM
hehe!

OkeeKat
01-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Hi all
been up did a bunch of errands ,looking around at some stores for a sofa for son even used they arent cheap! workuing on my portrait!
still a long way to go, once I get the eyes inmshould go fasterm that abd skintones the hardest part.
Susan, sorry to hear Bubba is on the warpath! ((HUGS)), stay watm!

low this am was 45 , with hi so far is 65! feels nice, sunny and a little cooll!

cya later!

idylbrush
01-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Heading home tonight after dinner. Should be home by mid morning. Rest a bit and then Sanibel Island Sunday morning. Busy few days.

Foxyheart2002
01-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Hey, guys. For those who do art/craft shows.......how do you handle credit cards? I was just accepted into a highly popular art festival and need a way to accept credit cards.....in 3 weeks......did I say 3 weeks?.....no internet out there......perhaps a paycard cell phone will get service......3 weeks.......

susme48
01-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Evening all! Took a nap this afternoon....now I cannot wake up....sigh!

Bell....I remember the 'heavy' snow...I surely do!!

Get the same ads Ray....in fact started getting stuff from AARP since I was in my 30's Now we could/should...but have not yet!

Howard....Sanibel is such a prettyplace!!

Sue...sorry I cannot be of help....don't take cr. cards. a few members do....but never paid much attention! :eek:3 weeks!!

Mary, I thought ihad fixed those pics...I will do that nowl It snowed a bit more...tho' it was not supposed too....wonder what else they were wrong about?? It still looks pretty much the same...a bit more some places, a few patches on the lawn have melted. VERY cold out...and kinda cold in here too!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jan-2010/51170-2010snow1.gif
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jan-2010/51170-2010snow2.gif

*dee*
01-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Hi y'all!

Got cold here too! I thnk the high today was 30F! Brrrrrrrrrr!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jan-2010/156775-002.JPG

GeeWop was shivering inside her "pimp coat"! :lol:

Just got my gas bill (2 space heaters, hot water & dryer...and stove, rarely used:rolleyes:).....$122.....dang! And its colder NOW!!!! :eek: I am sooooo glad I've been working all this overtime...gotta keep that chichi-baby warm!

Now, I know that y'all in the colder climates are thinking me silly for whining about a $122 winter-month heating bill.....but for here, that's a lot.

I welcomed a sink full of dirty dishes today...just so I could warm up my hands!

Raymo
01-08-2010, 07:41 PM
OMG, GeeWop is stylin ! :lol:

*dee*
01-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Dang.....I forgot to put her BLING collar on her! My bad! :lol:

Next time! :wink2:

RPut
01-08-2010, 09:21 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jan-2010/117502-IMG_5795.JPG

My Aunt's house last weekend........

Ray, When hubby was flipping tv channels last night, the "Choppers" guys had a motorcycle built for people in wheelchairs. You should check it out! It was sweet!
-18 here. No wind chill right now. Took a spill on the sidewalk downtown after our mandatory after school Friday debriefing session. Wrist is a bit sore, maybe my hip will be stiff tomorrow. Boy do I know how to get up fast when out in public and you can hear gasps from down the street! Hubby had been talking about slipping on the same spot, and then I went ahead and biffed it anyway.
Home and cozy now.
Welcome Silo! So fun to meet people from such wonderful places all over othe world!
Night All!

Raymo
01-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Took a spill on the sidewalk downtown after our mandatory after school Friday debriefing session.
Did anyone get video of it ? I wanna see....:lol:

You might have to borrow Noodles' bicycle helmet, hehe.

*dee*
01-08-2010, 10:11 PM
Has anyone checked out this source of weather reporting??

http://www.tornadovideos.net/component/content/article/1118

Not just tornado reports...this has been more accurate than our local weather stations....by far!

And, they happened to be in my area within the last year (during tornado season).....I gotta tell ya, there are some hot looking guys chasing those twisters!!!! :eek: :D

Hmmmm, I wonder what one of their "tornado tours" cost?? :smug:

RPut
01-08-2010, 10:12 PM
I even made the news report! And I wasn't the only one to to crash!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRzln1CRXlk&feature=related

hehehehe

*dee*
01-08-2010, 10:14 PM
:lol:

ROFLOL

OkeeKat
01-09-2010, 01:05 AM
oh my everyone looks sooo cold.. at least Geewop is Purdy & warm!!
painted a little today, had the kids over and had pizza tonight. was a nice visit. they are getting all their ducks in a row and getting settled.

painted more this eve. mostly on one gal. her eyes and mouth. still not done with her. and have 3 more to go yet.

Sue I do not take credit cards.. Ask for cash or check and then get phone numbers!
our Local artfest is coming up in Feb, soon as i finish this portrait have to get started on another painting for the show. I do have one sunset here I didnt finish yet.

nite all gota get to bed.

Foxyheart2002
01-09-2010, 01:39 AM
I found a place that will do credit cards by phone or computer. It is Propay and has a yearly fee (I chose the $60 plan because it took more credit cards), then a per transaction fee (3.25%). You pay the yearly fee up front and unless you sell something, there are no further fees. I figured if I sold one painting because I took a credit card it will pay for 5 years worth of this program. I figured it would be at least worth a try since I have at least 2 venues I am going to that will be better if I could take credit cards, plus several more I have applied to that if I am accepted I will defintely need the capabilities.

Nite Kathie! I'll let you know how this works out in case you may want to use it in February. Only takes a few minutes to set it up online.

sveldstra
01-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Morning all, coffee is hot. Another cold day here. The monkeys were up early and we've decided to go to the local farmers market to check out what is up. I started the 'poli-bear' painting. It's 35 and a half by 27 and a half, (I bought a metric measured canvas by mistake) If it sells I think I'll leave it to the buyer to frame it. But it sure is fun painting something big again.:smug:
Have to say I just love gee-wop's pimpin coat.:D

noodle1
01-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Ruthie now that's some snow..sorry bout the tumble but now you're infamous.
Nothing sacred with Youtube around huh...lol

Hi Sharon so good to see you back in the cafe.

Raymo when I was in a wheelchair I wanted my son or hubby to motorize it, they gave me a cheapy one had to do it yourself..haha would have been easier to run the people over that way when ya got in "their" way...LOL

Dee when you're not use to paying high fuel bills 122.oo is a shocker. So far for four months I've shelled out something like a little over 1500.00 and that is having them come at half fills..LOL Way better then last year tho, ended up stuck in a budget of 450 dollars a month, the year ended up being 5,400.00, course we signed when fuel was obscene and they wouldn't let us get out of the contract..could have paid for some poor family and us, never doing that again. Staying warm tho is important geewop could use a coat like Willie's, he's my pug polar bear....LOL
The weather is pushing everyone to their limits I think.

Hi to Shirl, Kat, Kim, Kathie, Kathie, Kathleen, Patti, Sue, Howard, Carol, Kathrin, Maureen, Silo big welcome from me too, Robert..all the gang.

Haven't been in, my quiet mode..haha and doing those layouts. Have to go work on the challenge for DS other then that nothing's stirring the juices to do anything new. Hope everyone has a good day no more mishaps and keeping out of trouble..teehee Raymo..LOL

I'll be back eventually meanwhile....

Hugs all round,
Elaine

OkeeKat
01-09-2010, 08:49 AM
G'Mornin all!!

OJ for all too!! its cold 40F, windy and rainy right now! not very nice here, brrrrr. I think north florida did get sleet!
going to be busy today, helping son find some sofas, hit the flea markets in town. and work on m y painting wvery spare minute!

keep warm all will check back later

dances_with_oils
01-09-2010, 10:41 AM
Morning folks... bit frosty this morning... a lovely minus 25C with it sitting at minus 18c right now. My MIL said her neck of the woods in FLA was down to 26F.

I have to try and get an acrylic painting up the framer today and with today's temps... it might be a bit of a challenge. Luckily, both door to car are close by so the max exposure should only be a few seconds.

dee, large fuel bills are always a shocker no matter what you are used to paying. Our Natural Gas bill runs us about 60 bucks a month. We pay on a twelve month averaging scheme and that covers both heat and AC. That way there are no big surprises.

biddlebeach
01-09-2010, 11:32 AM
I don't even want to THINK about large heating bills! brrr
actually slept in today,, and was supposed to run to town with the laptop and hook up with my mom's aunt in Italy,, had not a moment to spare! threw clothes on top of my jammies and away Princess and I went!
but I got to see her! so that was VERY cool! she is 93 and still walking with her own steam! got so much to get done today so I better get moving! later gators!

idylbrush
01-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Drove all night to get home. Picked up the critters from the kennel and boy are they glad to be home as well. Things are good at the house but I fear I have lost my bananas for this season. The trees are a lovely shade of brown and black even though the fruit is still quite green. Time will tell! The temperature outside at the moment is 34° and dropping. The furnace has run continuously since I have been home. Hopefully it will stop shortly.

The drive home was about 12 1/2 hours and I am feeling a bit wore out.

When I took Tink to the kennel she had a little coat made out of a sports talk. When I picked her up and it had turned into a fluffy knit sweater of fuchsia, pink, cerise and white. Quite the spectacle I might add.

I did get a short nap and today and make a back for another one this afternoon. Tomorrow morning I need to get up bright and early and head down to Sanibel Island for meeting there and I have several phone calls to make this afternoon before heading down that way.

I did see snow today. As I came through Ocala, the snow was falling.

I need to start working on expense reports here shortly. Not my favorite part of the day I must tell you.

Raymo
01-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Need your monitor cleaned ?

http://www.raincitystory.com/flash/screenclean.swf

PattiLou
01-09-2010, 12:55 PM
It snowed a bit more...tho' it was not supposed too....wonder what else they were wrong about??
Global Warming?!?? http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jan-2010/125378-roflmao.gif

I was going to paint today.... but the paint is so cold and thick I can't get it to squeeze out of the tube. Brought them in the house because it is supposed to be colder tonight. If you want thicker paint just pop it in the fridge.:D

Ruthie I need to send you some hugs to keep you warm in all that snow... and because you took a tumble. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jan-2010/125378-11811-27632-hugs.jpg Hope you didn't break anything.

In fact I think we need a group hug just because. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jan-2010/125378-grouphug.gif (Group not grope Ray! teehee)

I think I will go out and bring in some more supplies to warm up, yep, that sounds like a plan.

Lady Carol
01-09-2010, 01:09 PM
Need your monitor cleaned ?

http://www.raincitystory.com/flash/screenclean.swf
Thanks Ray. How did you know?

Shirl Parker
01-09-2010, 02:36 PM
I found a place that will do credit cards by phone or computer...

Let's hope you actually get your money from them after a sale. Sounds like something that could be ripe for a scam.

Shirl Parker
01-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Thanks Ray. How did you know?

Probably because almost everyone does :lol: :lol: :lol:

objectivistartist
01-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Actually, that was to be expected, from you Ray...:evil: :lol::lol:
[gross, absolutely GROSS!!!]
[a cow would had been at least different :rolleyes:]

howyadoin
01-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Playin' around with Tri-Art Liquid Mirror the past couple days. This stuff goes way beyond any of the iridescents I've used before. Even under minimal lighting it's still highly reflective.

Raymo
01-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Actually, that was to be expected, from you Ray...:evil: :lol::lol:
[gross, absolutely GROSS!!!]
[a cow would had been at least different :rolleyes:]

:lol:.....haha, I think it's Noodles' dog, Willard.

susme48
01-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Silly group today! Strange day here...even colder...brrrr! Vegging completely!

I know many of you have it worse....so I won't b----- too much. :D But our heat/cool and electric are all on one bill....the average is 350 a month...sigh!!there are about 4 months where I use little of either and then it goes to 175...love those months!!

*dee*
01-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Hi y'all! :wave:

Busy day at work...and I'm going to turn in VERY early tonite! I am wore smooth out! Not sure when my next day off is going to be!

Hugs to everyone!!!

idylbrush
01-10-2010, 03:24 AM
2:00 A.M. and the temperature out is 32°F. The coldest part of the day is yet to come. Sure hope my fig tree makes it through all of this.

So far I am keeping comfortable but not warm.

Heading out for Sanibel Island in a few hours for a board meeting of one of my art groups.

Still working on the color sample sheets for the two new "reds" I got recently.

So tired, I am finding it difficult to sleep tonight. Did manage to get in about 5 hours so not terrible.

As I had hoped. I have been experimenting with the oxidation of metal leaf under acrylic paint. So far copper sheeting seems to be the best and I am getting a "ghosting" under the paint.Just what I wanted. It may take time to develop fully but it works.

The new matisse additives are certainly interesting. I picked up a bottle of the micro spheres and want to give it a whirl soon.

Bret, I think you will find the liquid mirror to be fascinating. My only wish is that they made a gold with the same reflective qualities.

howyadoin
01-10-2010, 04:32 AM
As I had hoped. I have been experimenting with the oxidation of metal leaf under acrylic paint. So far copper sheeting seems to be the best and I am getting a "ghosting" under the paint.Just what I wanted. It may take time to develop fully but it works.Looking forward to seeing this, Howard.

Bret, I think you will find the liquid mirror to be fascinating. My only wish is that they made a gold with the same reflective qualities.What amazed me was seeing the reflectivity after I turned the lights out last night. The only light source was the city itself, and yet the Liquid Mirror parts looked like they were electrified. The other thing I found was that they were reflective over a much broader viewing angle, if that makes sense. (Really hard to explain this when I just don't have the terminology for it. I think I'll have to ask Rheni Tauchid some questions.)

sveldstra
01-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Good morning all, coffee is hot. My oldest turns 18 today. I'll be turning my artistic talent to cake making for the day. It should be an interesting challenge as this year he wants the sword from the soul caliber video game. If it turns out ok, I'll post a pic later. Stay warm:wave: