PDA

View Full Version : ANNOUNCEMENT: Please Read!

Kathryn Wilson
12-31-2009, 03:24 PM
After considerable soul-searching, I am announcing that I will be stepping down from my position as Moderator on the Pastel forum, effective 1/31/2010. It's been a wonderful time for me here on the forum, but due to personal happenstances, I feel that I won't have the time or energy to put into the forum that it deserves.

Let me also announce that our dear Donna T will also be stepping down from her position as a Guide on the forum. She will be greatly missed, but as she will tell you, her personal life will be changing also - both of us are selling our homes, locating our new lives somewhere else, so I know you all will understand our decisions.

Now, to the happy announcements:

Deirdre will now be added to the Mod staff, working with Merethe. All the Pastel staff, including me, are so pleased that she agreed to this assignment change from the Drawing & Sketching forum to us.

And finally, Colorix (Charlie) has agreed to join the Pastel staff as the Guide to replace Donna T. She already has been a driving force on the forum and I know her added presence will only benefit everyone here.

Join me in greeting the new arrivals - it's going to be a great new year!

(Donna and I will be around, just in a more minor way for a while.)

DAK723
12-31-2009, 03:59 PM
Let me be the first to thank Kathryn and Donna T. for the time and effort they have put into this forum - helping make it the great place that it is today! :clap: :clap:

And a warm welcome to Deirdre and Charlie! Welcome aboard!!! :clap: :clap:

Don

Paula Ford
12-31-2009, 04:02 PM
Let me 2nd that! Thank you Kathryn and Donna for putting your heart and soul into the forum. It is absolutely a wonderful forum because of your efforts!

Welcome Deirdre and Charlie!!

Kathryn Wilson
12-31-2009, 04:06 PM
I could not have done it without the help of you, Don, Paula, Donna, Merethe, Kate Taylor-Green, and my Mod mentor, Carly Clemments.

It's been a wonderful 7 years as first a Guide and then a Mod

Mary_Anne
12-31-2009, 04:26 PM
Thanks to both Kathryn and Donna T. for moderating and 'guiding' the pastel forum so well :clap: You have worked so hard to make all of us (even us newbies) welcome and part of the group.

And all the best to both of you in your life-changes and hope to see you both on 'the other side'. Good luck with the moving - one of my least favourite activities.

Looking forward to continuing to follow a great forum in the capable hands of Deirdre and Charlie.;)

johndill01
12-31-2009, 04:27 PM
Kathryn, to say that you will be missed is an understatement, but do want to wish you the best in the future.

John

PETE K
12-31-2009, 04:41 PM
Kat and Donna I know we will miss both of you. I know I will. best of luck in whatever you do. and thanks for being there for us.

Judibelle
12-31-2009, 05:04 PM
DITTO! DITTO! DITTO! all that has been said. Many thanks and best wishes toyou who are leaving and you who are be-coming...
And Happy New Year to one and all...
Judi

Devonlass
12-31-2009, 05:25 PM
You will both be greatly missed. Your help and encouragement have been a huge help to me and to many others.

mihaela
12-31-2009, 05:28 PM
A big thank you to both of you for the effort you put into this site and for all the help you gave us!

Have a Happy New Year!

*Violet*
12-31-2009, 06:00 PM
Thank you Kathryn and Donna T. for the years of devotion to the forum. All the best in your new endeavours.

Welcome Deirdre and Charlie!

Happy New Year to everyone!!!

Colorix
12-31-2009, 06:15 PM
Kat, you've been the best moderator!
Donna, the most gracious guide!

Thank you so much!

And, Happy New Year!

Charlie

creatividee
12-31-2009, 06:46 PM
Kat and Donna, I wish you the best of everything and appreciate all you have done to help promote pastels through your guidance, encouragement, and pointers to everyone. I'm glad you will still be hanging around!

Charlie and Deirdre, While there are some big shoes to fill, I know you both will be up to the task!

Happy New Year to everyone!

Dougwas
12-31-2009, 06:49 PM
Kathryn and Donna-Thanks for all the hard work that is involved in keeping our dusty area off WC a well oiled machine. Both of you have been very generous with your time and energy and it is appreciated by many. Thanks again. We will see you around.

Deirdre- Welcome to the colourful world of pastels. It is great that you have been hanging around this area of WC, and you know most of us. Our gain is Drawing and Sketching's loss. Thanks for taking this on. Oh, remember, darks are important here too.;)

Charlie- Thanks for changing hats for us. You are one of the most active members here, and I can't think of another person who is more deserving of, and ready for this posision. Thanks for offering to look after us.

Doug

K Taylor-Green
12-31-2009, 07:07 PM
Oh my! Kat, you will definitely be missed! Donna, you as well. I loved working with the both of you when I was a Mod. It was fun!:evil:
Thanks so much for all the time spent. It was appreciated.
I sure understand life changes! Mine made a big turn which caused me to make the same decision.

Welcome Dierdre and Charlie! Tou will be great additions, I'm sure!

saramathewson
12-31-2009, 07:42 PM
Thank-you Kat and Donna for the great jobs you have both done and I wish you well in your new futures.

Sara

Punky2
12-31-2009, 08:11 PM
Thank you Kat and Donna for all of the time you have spent moderating and guiding this wonderful forum! Your efforts are much appreciated. Good luck with your moves.

Terri

knippes
12-31-2009, 08:28 PM
Kathryn, you and Donna will definitely be missed. I sure have appreciated all of your hard work! Best wishes for your new endeavors. Welcome to Dierdre and Charlie. Thanks for taking on the role!
-Kym

Deborah Secor
12-31-2009, 08:45 PM
Okay, frankly I'm feeling mixed emotions here, Kat, because you're a really key part of this forum and having you move on is...going to be odd. I really want to thank you for all the times you've helped me get through a rough patch, times when I've been angry or baffled or lost or confused. And thanks for the laughs and the times we've just leaned our heads together with a smile, and even for the times we've cried together, like when we lost Sooz. We've been through so much together here on the forum. I don't want it to change! You better not disappear, girl!

But I also know that you've done more than your share. I wonder how often we've PMed at midnight (your time), and you've said you were dusting (pastels are messy), renaming threads or merging them, deleting double posts, and just taking care of things or solving problems for people. You've been so very generous with your time. I bet that a lot of the time people probably thought you weren't around much, when you were here working instead of painting, but you had a responsibility and you took it seriously. How can we thank you? It's been HUGE and you've been a great leader here.

I hope you'll actually find time to put into painting now. Your work is strong and beautiful, and you deserve the time to paint and talk and show work here. Don't let moving overwhelm you and keep you too far from the studio. We want to watch you bloom even more!

Donna, I'm so sorry you're stepping down, too. You're a constant help to people. You always take the time to thoughtfully consider the work we're showing and offer an insightful observation or helpful, gently suggested tip. You're there welcoming newbies, making them feel at home. I suspect, knowing your heart, that you'll continue to do a lot of that--I hope so anyway--but I'm really sorry you're taking off the Guide hat. I've done it myself, so I know you sometimes need that break. You, too, have taken your responsibilities seriously and been faithful, so thank you from the bottom of my heart!

(And I won't go on about the rest of our great Mod/Guide volunteers, but gang, we have the BEST people here!!)

Charlie, I'm just delighted to have you stepping in, since you're already a Guide and you certainly give so much to the forum. You're so energetic, and we already rely on you for a lot, so thanks!

And Dierdre, wow, thank you so much for making this lateral move! We're acquainted, but now maybe we'll get to know you better. I'm looking forward to it. Be sure and ask Kat to leave that extra duster when she goes. With pastels it's really necessary!

There's time to make the transitions. I just wanted to be sure to say it.
Thank you all... You make this forum a very special place.

Deborah

robertsloan2
12-31-2009, 09:19 PM
Kathryn and Donna_T, thank you for all that you've done to make the Pastels forums exciting and inspirational! You've done so much over the years that I'm glad you're not leaving, just cutting back on your duties. Paint lots, both of you, and good luck in your moves!

Deirdre and Charlie, thank you for stepping up to volunteer! I know you'll have a great time here. Deirdre, your darks rule, just as Doug said, when I saw your cherries I was awed. Charlie, if anything you'll give the forum even more color!

All four of you rock and I'm grateful for your efforts!

Kathryn Wilson
12-31-2009, 09:23 PM
Dang it, Deborah, now ya done it

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Dec-2009/14941-004-1230225339-crying-child.jpg

Nansketch
12-31-2009, 09:39 PM
Kathryn and Donna,

Thanks for your dedication and guidance to the forum, you will be missed by all.

Charlie -- wonderful news, your enthusiasm and positive encouragement is a tremendous help.

Deidre -- terrific news -- (I've missed hearing your comments since I started hanging out here more than D&S) - a great addition to the forum
Nancy

water girl
12-31-2009, 09:45 PM
Kathryn and Donna. Like everyone else, I'm grateful for all the time, caring and sharing that you ladies have given to us. I wish smooth sailing in your new adventures and hope that you'll still be a part of this wonderful forum. Thank and best wishes. :wave:

monticore
12-31-2009, 11:50 PM
Kathryn and Donna thank you both very much for all of your efforts here it is very much appreciated.I commend your devotion generousity and commitment.You've done an outstanding job.Good luck with your endeavors I hope everything goes smoothly for you both. Deidre and Charlie best of luck with the new positions! Joe.

Mary Y
01-01-2010, 12:33 AM
Kathryn and Donna ,
All the very best of luck with your respective moves.I hope it goes smoothly for you both. As a relative newbie to this forum thank you both for being so welcoming and supportive.I hope we will eventually see more of your paintings once everything is settled.

Derdre and Charlie ,
I hope you both enjoy your new roles and thank you for taking on these positions.

Mary

chatfieldstudios
01-01-2010, 12:38 AM
Change is always a joy and sorrow...

Thank you Kathryn and Donna T for your service (or labor of love:) ) for so long...Kathryn, did I read 7 years?!

Here's to a great pastel/art relationship with Charlie and Deirdre, you are both wonderful artists and I hope you save time for painting!

Kathryn Wilson
01-01-2010, 01:47 AM
Yuppers, 7 years.

Deborah Secor
01-01-2010, 01:47 AM
Dang it, Deborah, now ya done it

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Dec-2009/14941-004-1230225339-crying-child.jpg

:lol: :heart: :crying:

:rolleyes:
Deborah

*Deirdre*
01-01-2010, 02:20 AM
I'd like to add my thanks to Kat for the great job she's done on Pastels....I've been in awe of her skills for a long time....and she's been here even longer than I!! I've served D&S as a guide and then a mod from 2004....but Kat beats my record...luckily she's staying on for 1 month to smooth the transition and finish the dusting in her own inimitable way - so I'm going to ease in gradually! I'm pleased Kat will not be leaving us - but will spend time here as a member doing more of her beautiful pastel paintings now she has time!!

Thanks also to Donna who has been a great guide and will also be sorely missed...and hopefully she's be back when she has time once again!

My thanks to Charlie for stepping up to the plate as a pastel guide...love that energy!!

Thanks also to everyone for the warm welcome....many of you I know from participating pastels myself but I also see a few new faces and look forward to getting to know you all!:D

sketchZ1ol
01-01-2010, 06:52 AM
hello. best wishes to all. Kathryn and Donna, appreciate our brief acquaintance. Charlie and Deirdre, looking forward to a colourful future.
Regards, and respect. E :)

Colorix
01-01-2010, 07:15 AM
Aw, Deborah, nearly made me too cry... So beautifully written, thank you for sharing with us all.

Moderating is a tough job. It is very interesting and rewarding, at the same time also hard, with difficult decisions and handling of difficult people. Moderators very quickly get to hear complainings, and rarely hear the appreciative words. Do we, the participants, ever think of what we expect to be 'normal' business as usual in a forum actually is a result of the hard work of moderators? To past and present moderators: your work is invaluable, thank you so very much!

Deirdre, you're great! So glad you've accepted to take over the steering wheel!

Gang, thank you for the lovely reception. I've been a know-it-all here anyway, and now I'm allowed and supposed to! :-D

Charlie

*Deirdre*
01-01-2010, 07:29 AM
Thanks Charlie...but I'm not intending to take over the steering wheel...just acting as Co-pilot along with Merethe!:D

Hey...I've just realised...we have to change our sigs to reflect our new home!:wink2:

Merethe T
01-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Thank you so much for all your hard work, Kat and Donna!!
Kat, you've been a huge asset to the forum and to Wet Canvas, and worked hard for so long- you'll be a tough act to follow! It's sad to see you go, but we'll do our best to take care of the forum. I'm glad we'll still see you around though, and hopefully you'll have more time to paint now - and share them with us!
Donna - you have done an excellent job - always friendly, helpful and dedicated, we will miss you! Best of luck to both of you.

Deirdre and Charlie - welcome to the team! We're so pleased to have you join us, I know you'll be great for the forum!

Donna T
01-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Happy New Year everyone and a big welcome to Deirdre and Charlie! Thanks in advance for all I know you will do to keep this forum running smoothly. I'm not going anywhere for a while and will check in on everyone's work when I take a break from packing boxes and cleaning out closets. :eek: My pastels are not packed (nowhere to move them to yet) so I hope to get dusty one of these days. Thanks to all for the very kind words. I have enjoyed being a Guide here very much. You all are a wonderful bunch of people and it has been such a pleasure getting to know you! :heart:

Colorix
01-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Deirdre, you and Merethe both hold the steering wheel, natch! But now the limelight is on the new gal in the block.

Oh, siggies, yes, thanks for the reminder.

Charlie

Gerri Mc
01-01-2010, 01:38 PM
As a relative newbie in this forum I want to add my best wishes to Kathryn and Donna. I hope all goes well in your new lives.

I already owe so much to both Deirdre and Charlie for their advice and encouragement. Best of luck girls - the forum is definitely in safe hands.:thumbsup:

Scottyarthur
01-01-2010, 01:45 PM
I would like to say to Kathryn and Donna you will both be truely missed,
I would also like to say welcome to deirdre and Charlie and congrats

Phil Bates
01-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Thank you Kathryn and Donna. You've helped build a community that I enjoy being part of. All my best to you. :)

Phil

Dot Hoffman
01-01-2010, 04:04 PM
Thank you Kat and Donna for all you've given us! You will be missed. I hope your moves goes well and that you will have peace and health and happy painting!!!

bluefish
01-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Kat

My sincere wishes for a great future adventure - it has been a real delight having you as our 'mod' - who do I needle now? - you can bet it's going to be 'Charlie' - she will be a great 'guide' - again, thanks for all your help and my best for a new beggining!

'blue....' ;)

Adriana Meiss
01-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Kat and Donna, thank you so much for what you have given us. You have done a wonderful job, and have dedicated so much of your time to the forum. I'm glad you both are planning to stay as participants. Wish you both a smooth move. Donna, I have always admired the kind way you have given advice and suggestions.
Charlie and Deirdre, thank you too for accepting this great responsibility and best wishes to both.

nvcricket
01-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Kat - You have been the captain of this ship, steering us out of troubled waters. It isn't easy having to keep us in line when we make a wrong step, but you have been able to do so judiciously! I truly appreciate the time you have devoted to keeping this forum ship shape. I wish you smooth sailing with your next phase in your life.
Merethe and Deirdre- as you two will be co-piloting this forum - best of luck to you both. You will make an awesome team for us..... thanks for taking on this added responsibility!
Donna - you have been such an inspiration to me and thousands of others. When no one else wants to pipe in, you are always there to add encouragement to all. You have a heart of gold. I hope you plan on moving out west!!! Fat chance huh? Well, where ever you move to, that community will be as blessed with your presence as this community is. Thanks for being there for me when I needed a push.
Charlie, we gotta love you. You don't give us a chance! As new first mate, I'm sure you will be able to keep this place humming along. Your such a dynamo, we are very fortunate to get you as full time guide. I just don't know how you are able to manage your time with all your other responsibilities, and AND, you manage to squeeze in time to do wonderful pastels.

Thanks all!

Carol

PeggyB
01-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Kat it won't be the same without your daily presence and guidence, but you are well deserving of the "retirement" and my hearfelt thank you for all you've given to the pastel community. Once settled in your new home, you will now have time to do what artists are supposed to do - paint!

Donna T - you also deserve our most hearty thank you for the time you've put in here. I wish you well in your new endeavor.

Deirdre and Charlie - thank you for taking on this big task. I hope each of you will remember to take time for yourselves to create in your own passion.

Kathryn Day
01-02-2010, 02:33 AM
Gosh, thanks for all you have both done, Kat and Donna, I wish you both the best in your new endeavors. May this year be good for both of you. Welcome to Deidre and Charlie and thank you for taking on the challenge.

bnoonan
01-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Hurrah for changes... they are never easy but they are always part of our lives.

We'll miss you guys but I'm excited for you and all the new things that 2010 promises in your personal and professional painting voyages ahead.

My applause and respect to those who offer to stand in your shoes and help us all in the year ahead.

My take on being a moderator or guide is a lot of time commitment. Please let me know how I can offer assistance as needed.

Merethe - thanks for keeping things steady.

Barb

vhsummers
01-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Kathryn and Donna, I will miss both of you. You have been wonderful teachers for me. Thanks so much for you in put. Valerie

ElsieH
01-03-2010, 12:15 AM
:wave:

Kathryn and Donna T: Thank you is too little to say! Maybe a million thanks would be a start! We all appreciate so much all the work and attention and time! :heart: :heart:

Deirdre and Charlie : Welcome to the "hat change" and thanks for taking on these new jobs! :thumbsup: :heart:

WC Pastel Forum is that very special place and you all are making it so!:heart: :music: :heart: :thumbsup:

Tracy Lang
01-03-2010, 01:11 AM
Oh Kat, You have been such an awesome moderator and truly made our pastel forum such a great place to hang out...no drama, no bad vibes...just all about our wonderful medium and celebrating the artists who revel in it. Thank you so much for all you have done for us!!!
Donna T...I always enjoy reading your thoughtful comments as well as seeing your wonderful paintings...you have been a fantastic guide!
I wish you both good fortune in your new adventures!!!
Deidre and Charlie...I know we are in good hands & sticks going forward!
Here's to 2010 :)

Tracy

Ceci
01-03-2010, 03:44 AM
I dont hang around here as much as I would like to, but I want to thank Kathryn and Donna for their wonderful support.
Wellcome Deidre and Charlie whom I know will do a great job. Just cant see how Charlie you manage to do sooo much work and paint at the same time.
Best luck for 2010

annette71
01-04-2010, 11:41 PM
Oh, wow! 2010 comes with changes...

Kathryn and Donna, thank you for all the effort and the help you have given us all this time. I sure felt warmly received here at the pastel forum since the very first day.

Deirdre and Charlie, so happy you have agreed to step up to the plate!
I think you are both going to do great. Thank you for sharing your time and talent with us.

Annette

Mario V
01-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Kathryn, you were the first contact I had when I joined the WC. I felt your warm welcome the first moment I got here.

Kathryn and Donna Thanks for all wonderful work you've done for this forum and for us!!!

Deirdre and Charlie, thanks for taking this demanding roles!!!!