PDA

View Full Version : Exhibition Launch,

Christine Mallaband
09-12-2002, 02:52 PM
Hi here are some pictures of my exhibition launch last friday, just got the photos back, as I now have a digital camera I will try and get some decent shots of the paintings too, Thanks for everyones support
Chris M-B:D

llis
09-12-2002, 03:12 PM
Way Cool!

Thanks for sharing these. :D

surreal
09-12-2002, 11:21 PM
Looks like the exhibition was very beautifully hung!

Congrats to you.
Best wishes for continued successes.
:D

Christine Mallaband
09-13-2002, 08:03 PM
was had by all!
Just hope I sell something now!

inkskin
09-13-2002, 10:33 PM
Congrats on such an exciting milestone in life. I know you will have much success!

I was wondering, how long from the time you decided to go for it did it take to happen? You have certainly accomplished something very big and I was looking for some inspiration.

Heather

Christine Mallaband
09-14-2002, 05:33 AM
I had decided to try to get an exhibition somewhere, in May I think called in the Burslem School of Art (where Clarice Cliff the potter trained) just on the off chance, and it turned out they were looking for local artists.
After looking at my work I thought that they would suggest I displayed with other people, but they said it was good enough to stand alone. At that stage they told me I could exhibit from September. That gave me 10 weeks including 2 weeks summer hoidays to get more work done. So I pushed myself to do at least 10 new works in the me left. (I managed about 12 I think!) I am having a rest from painting now , but I still have lots of ideas, just no energy! My next task is to try and publicize it more so I can get other exhibitions. I am going to try and get some good photos and contact other local galleries. Oh how I wish for an agent!
Thanks for your question
lol Chris M-B
:clap:

mame
09-14-2002, 07:35 AM
Nice work, Christine. Good luck to ya.

inkskin
09-14-2002, 10:48 PM
Really,Christine, well done! Thanks,too for the info.

Heather