PDA

View Full Version : How do you thank an image contributor???

Devonlass
12-21-2009, 03:55 PM
:confused: I have from time to time used an image from the RIL and I see other people have left messages under the image, giving their opinions of the photo or thanking the contributor. How do you do that?? I can't seem to find any place to do it, except in the Pastel Studio when I post a painting that has used a contributed photo. Thanks.

Deborah Secor
12-21-2009, 03:58 PM
When you're in the RIL there's a comment form beneath each picture. You don't have to rate the photo, if you don't want to, but below that you'll see the comment section...

Deborah

Colorix
12-21-2009, 04:04 PM
And, you can PM the photgrapher, and save the name in the records you keep, as usually people are very happy if you say "ref photo by J. Doe".

Charlie

Devonlass
12-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Hmmm.....I don't seem to have a comment form. I have a box saying photo details, and below that a box saying additional info which contains the rating stars and underneath that are four icons for "add to
favorites" "report photo" "receive e-mail updates" and "print view"......but there's nothing that indicates a comment section.

Deborah Secor
12-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Carol, if you scroll down below that box what do you see? I have a Quick Reply box like this:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Dec-2009/23609-ril.jpg

Deborah

Devonlass
12-21-2009, 08:19 PM
No Deborah I don't have the "Quick Reply" box!!!! There's nothing below the first box. How strange! Maybe there's a setting that I don't have activated.

Deborah Secor
12-21-2009, 10:32 PM
I wonder... maybe you should root around, or go over to WetCanvas Site Discussions (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=8) and ask Yorky (Doug) about it...

Deborah

Devonlass
12-21-2009, 11:39 PM
Thank you Deborah for your suggestion, I have posted my problem on the Site Discussions forum now and will wait to see if anyone is able to help. My husband and I have been "rooting around" all evening trying to find the answer to the problem and it's beaten us.

robertsloan2
12-22-2009, 12:14 AM
I've tried to rate photos or comment on them before and been told I wasn't authorized to do that. It's frustrating. But a PM to the contributor with a link to the art plus crediting the contributor when posting the art usually makes them very happy and may get some comments on the art. I also mention them on my blog when I post it.

PETE K
12-22-2009, 01:00 AM
Carol, if you find out please let me know. i gave up on comments in the RIL quite a while back for there was no place to do so. for me either. thank you.

Deborah Secor
12-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Remember that they're still working on the RIL--think of it as a WIP! But maybe Doug or some of the other Admins can shed some light on the subject....

If I make a finished work that's to be sold or published I always get written permission from the contributor, if I possibly can. Occasionally I've used a pic from someone who is long gone, in which case I credit the username.

Deborah