PDA

View Full Version : What's on Your Easel 12/20 to 12/26

noodle1
12-20-2009, 08:53 AM
New week begins guys! Time to start anew with all those creative energies and share them.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

purplepansey
12-20-2009, 09:18 AM
Good Morning Noodle and everyone else. It is a bright cold sunny day in the part of Florida where I live. I love it as it adds so much to the Christmas Holidays when it's not so warm.
Its a good day to bake some Christmas cookies; I'll bake some lemon bars using my Meyer lemons from my lemon tree, and boy are they large, wish I could share some with you as there are plenty to go around. luv and hugs to all :cat: Sorry, just noticed I should have posted this on Quick Cafe
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Dec-2009/52562-Birdbath_and_Lemons.jpg

lmarie23
12-20-2009, 09:20 AM
This is my current work-in-progress. My friend commissioned it for his parents' Christmas present. It's based on a wedding photo of theirs from the 70s. I'm glad that I work so quickly since I procrastinated... just worked on it 2 hours Friday and 2 hours yesterday and it's already coming together :) Would love feedback though, I still have a few days before Christmas to finish it. - Lynne

purplepansey
12-20-2009, 09:22 AM
Noodle, BTW, love that name, named my naughty, but very cute cat Noodle, here's her picture
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Dec-2009/52562-Noodle_on_Computer_Desk_2.jpg

purplepansey
12-20-2009, 09:24 AM
Marie, I like your painting so far and it is going to be very special for your friend's parents.

lmarie23
12-20-2009, 09:29 AM
Thanks purple. I can hardly imagine being in Florida for Christmas. I'm up in Ohio and we have a beautiful blanket of snow on the ground - my family and I are celebrating Christmas today as I work on Christmas. Your lemons are beautiful. And your cat is so cute! -Lynne

purplepansey
12-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Thanks purple. I can hardly imagine being in Florida for Christmas. I'm up in Ohio and we have a beautiful blanket of snow on the ground - my family and I are celebrating Christmas today as I work on Christmas. Your lemons are beautiful. And your cat is so cute! -Lynne

I envy your lovely white blanket of snow, it must look beautiful especially when you have it for Christmas. Have a wonderful day today, we'll be thinking of you on Christmas, funny but when the day finally arrives, it is anti climatic almost from all the hoopla and the big buildup to it.
Looking forward to seeing your finished painting :thumbsup: :clap:

idylbrush
12-20-2009, 12:41 PM
We have snowy white beaches here, does that count?

purplepansey
12-20-2009, 01:28 PM
Hi Idylbush, yes that counts if it looks like snow and melts like snow.:lol:

majalj
12-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Hello,
we also have snow in Slovenia,Europe. This was taken yesterday afternoon.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Dec-2009/189288-191220091149.jpg

Foxyheart2002
12-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Lynne, this is coming along nicely, really looks ike them!

Noodle is a cute kitty, looks like a teenager.

I have several online friends who live in Florida, nice state, but I prefer it here. No humidity, lolol.

Here is my newest Border Collie, .....he doesn't have a piggy nose, lolol, that will be corrected as I go along. I think I will call this series "at the Trials" This one will be at the Trials: The Eye. 11x14 acrylics on hardboard.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Dec-2009/22615-bordercollieeye2sm.jpg

purplepansey
12-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Oh boy, does that look cold Maja but if your out enjoying winter sports it must be fun with lots of snowfall. Thanks for posting your photo, what is the area on the right in the orange color, it looks like seat of some kind ?

Kathrin G.
12-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Purple, cool photos and lovely kitty :heart:
Imarie, great start :thumbsup:
Maja, I am so jealous. I miss snow :(
Sue, love it already :clap:

yep, I am still working on the pony :o :lol:
Posting update 7 and 8 here. The true colour is somewhere in between, this must be the hardest painting ever to photograph :eek:
After update 7 I realised that I got major face structure problems on our left face half, so I am remodeling it. Update 8 shows the start of it, but by far not finished. Lots left to do in general, but getting better.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Dec-2009/113357-Karino_7.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Dec-2009/113357-Karino_8.jpg

aspenman
12-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Foxyheart2002 - This Is Lookin Very Very Good - You Do A Wonderful Job With Dogs - It Shows That You Like Them.

majalj
12-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Oh boy, does that look cold Maja but if your out enjoying winter sports it must be fun with lots of snowfall. Thanks for posting your photo, what is the area on the right in the orange color, it looks like seat of some kind ?

Hi, yesterday was not so cold "just" -6 C, today it was -11 C. On 10 km away hill (1000 m) it was -27 C. And I just saw on one og blogs that some guys made a byke trip http://deejay.blog.siol.net/2009/12/20/cez-goro-z-bicikli-na-ricet/ I know you can not understand but photos can tell a lot.
I am not sure what you mean, but I guess you can see swing through red plexy glass.

ArtsyPatrice
12-20-2009, 08:36 PM
I have been working on a commission for a beautiful family with seven children. The parents are giving this to each other for Christmas. :heart: They have a special Pacific beach in California where they spend a few weeks in their summers. Therefore, the location is as important as the figures of all seven children in various water-related activities.

My husband had to have open-heart surgery 2 weeks ago and is doing wonderfully but it did set me back time-wise. The clients are very understanding and want me to take my time & do my best and not rush.

The client has already approved the composition and has seen a preview of the progress. I would say maybe I am 1/3 done as I have all the children to complete as well as the pier and foreground details - a sand castle & some buckets, wake board, shovel etc. The challenge is to create a pleasing painting that is a work of art - for it to flow and function together & not be too chaotic.

It is acrylic on stretched gallery-wrapped canvas 1 1/2" thick - so the painting continues around the edges ~ 36" x 48" (You could say a small mural! :eek:)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Dec-2009/99739-12-20-09_Beach.jpg

Comments welcome - One can always use another artistic set of eyes!! :)
Thanks for looking! Pat :wave:

Foxyheart2002
12-20-2009, 09:52 PM
This is excellent, Pat! Good job.

Here is today's work.......almost there. I think the grass will give me more fits and take more time than the dog, lolol.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Dec-2009/22615-bordercollietheeye3sm.jpg

OkeeKat
12-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Lynne, Great work on the portrait!
Shrl, what a cute little kitty.. great name!
Maja, ohhh I dont like the snow.. nice to look at but not drive it etc..
Sue, Your Collie is beautiful, realy looks great already! Love the grasses! Just enough!! His eyes are beautiful!!
Kathrin, love the pony! Great eyes.
Pat, great beach painting,alot going on there.. keeps the eyes busy! looking great, especially the water.

here is an update on my Tow truck
(5x7)

noodle1
12-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Hi Purple...oh I could sure use some of those lemons...Karlie and I do lemon bars, she's addicted..LOL Tis okay you can post it there too...LOL actually this could inspire some creative thought for someone's easel. Oh love the cat, yeah I see a resemblence we both have that stare, when we're being interrupted...hahaha what a cutie pa-tootie!

Lynne this is looking quite fine. You do indeed work fast I'd still be on the sketch, I'm horrible at speed, others will attest to that too...lol

Okay Howard stop braggin' LOL

Hi Maja, yup that's snow, we in upstate NY are too familiar lately..haha

FSue, perfect stance beautiful dog, I have a friend who adores border collies, use to raise them in the UK, has one now and she would be so impressed with your paintings of them.. just beautifully done already.

Ah Kathrin, I'm going to tell others a secret, I've already seen this and girl I tell you it makes my heart pound...major face structure or not, you are amazing!! The girl who never painted only drew in pencil...I'm so in awe of you!!! So alive, so beautifully done and I know you will heighten it to beyond outstanding!

Pat this is charming and I think your spacing is well done, lots going on but you've managed to keep it clean and purposed. Nicely done so far.

Well you are all impressive..I've had something on my easel that I've had to set aside for a bit, hopefully I'll get back to it but probably not until after Christmas, now I have to be creative in the cookie department...:D

Happy painting everyone,
Hugs,
Elaine

noodle1
12-20-2009, 09:58 PM
OOps Kathie, hi...we're playing a little post tag..delightful you just keep going and going I'm gonna rename you "bunny"...LOL

Hugs,
Elaine

Foxyheart2002
12-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Hey, Elaine, tell your friend these are for sale......:wink2:

purplepansey
12-21-2009, 07:32 AM
Sue your Collie is looking sooo goood, I don't see a "piiggy nose' fur looks so real. Like the background a lot.

Katherine, like your pony a lot esp. his cute bangs.

Kathie, that red truck is sooo appealing, I think you've done trucks or other transports before, right?

Noodle wish I could give you some of my lemons. BTW, if you see a painting idea from this photo, please all feel free to use it

Hope I haven't missed anyone:o

Wishing you all a great day of painting or doing your Christmas preps.
xxxshrl:clap: :cat: :thumbsup: :music:

aspenman
12-21-2009, 09:48 AM
Kathie - truck is lookin great

ArtsyPatrice
12-21-2009, 10:31 AM
Hello All! I just wanted to stop by and leave a bunch of comments before the day gets crazy - gotta take DH to the heart surgeon for a follow-up appt.

Imarie - a great start on the wedding portrait! :heart: You have captured the expressions very early on...

Noodle, the kitty, looks full of personality! ;)

Maja - Fun to see the weather in Slovenia! We have had snow here in Utah for weeks, too! :eek:

Sue, I must say I LOVE the stance on your border collie! He looks ready to work! I had a fun experience while visiting my brother in Colorado this summer. I had stopped along a country road by a beautiful pasture to take some reference photos of a small herd of sheep. No other humans were around and out of nowhere came a border collie and barked a warning to me and quickly herded the sheep far away from me. No one told him what to do - he knew his job! I did not get a good picture :(- only hind ends of sheep going away from me :lol: - but it was too cool to watch this amazing dog working on his own... :)

Kathrine - Beautiful work on the pony - the correction on the left eye looks great! I admire anyone who paints horses - I have lots of horse people in my family & i know how particular horse people can be!

Kathie - I LOVE your truck - cute & nostalgic! Kinda reminds me of 'Mater' from the movie, "Cars" - but not cartoony of course. ;) Many years ago, my great uncle had a garage and the only towing truck for miles....

idylbrush
12-21-2009, 04:50 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Dec-2009/36241-Bindu4webnew.jpg

This one is hard to photograph. It uses liquid mirror, gold interference, asphaltum acrylic. Almost done but have a bit of color to add yet.

Foxyheart2002
12-21-2009, 04:59 PM
Almost done. This pic is somewhat washed out, the greens are greener. The collie was at the trials, but not going after sheep. He/she and its companion (a puppy of another breed) had been let out to pee before their journey back home. This one just kept stalking the puppy as the puppy just kept bounding around unaware it was being given the 'eye', lolol.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Dec-2009/22615-bordercollietheeye4sm.jpg

I can believe the story of the sheep and the dog, Patrice! So neat. You should have gotten pics of the herding! Would have made a great painting.

Idlyl, do you have an idea what you are doing when you start, or does it just flow?

kathie, love the truck and they will too!

biddlebeach
12-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Hi kids! Did get to my easel for a bit yesterday, will show the update, and am about to head there again. Basically worked on getting in a background.

Foxyheart2002
12-21-2009, 07:39 PM
'The Eye' (border collie) is finished and has it's own thread...... At the Trials: The Eye (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8392240#post8392240) The painting has been scanned and the colors are almost right on. Thanks for looking!

biddlebeach
12-21-2009, 08:16 PM
This is what I did today, it was already almost dark by the time I got my butt in gear, so, I just came up for some supper,, LOL
It's coming along.

purplepansey
12-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Pat, wonderful beach scene, looks they are having fun, lots going on to look at .
Idyl, I see gold coins and black gold raining down, very interesting
Mary, those little dogs are too cute for words especially the closeup.
Hope I haven't missed anyone.
shrlxxxx

natureartist1
12-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Hello I am posting in the Acrylic section for the first time usually I post my work in the wildlife forum. Here is a painting of a moose I am working on presently 11"x14" gesso Board. still working on detailing fur, antlers. almost done just trying to refine it. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Dec-2009/195647-PC160015.JPG

aspenman
12-21-2009, 09:22 PM
WOW!!!! Very, Very nice work! Having lived in Maine and Alaska, the moose is no stranger to me and you certainly have brought back some memories a few of which were not pleasant!!! This is progressing very nicely.

ArtsyPatrice
12-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Wonderful depth on the antlers! :thumbsup: Very intimidating eye contact with this big fellow - Great angle, too - feels like we are looking up at him... Very effective! :)

OkeeKat
12-22-2009, 01:35 AM
Elaine, Thank you so much!!
Sue, Love your Collie, you do great work!
Shrl, Thanks, Yes I did one car last yr for my BIL for Christmas gift.. a '49 Dodge. not sure what this one is, other then its coworkers Husbands Dad's & Unclo's old business tow truck.
Dick, Thank you!
Pat, Thank you very much, Yeah kinda does look like "Mater" doesn't it!!
Nature aritist, love the moose, great work on the fur and antlers, love it!
Howard, Love your black and white one.. very different and dramatic! Great work!
Mary, Love the new background, excelelnt colors!! I was going to suggest to take it up into the fur under the legs.. but you started that already when I saw the next ones. I would adjust the eyes on the left one.. looks very much wide eyed/surprised look.. maybe its the large pupils.love the eyes on the right one.. I know your not done yet.. so will be quiet.. hehe they are so adorable!!

OK I"M DONE!!
Phew.. all Christmas paintings done and this last to be given to coworker tomorrow!! I have another dog I Started for a gift, not for holidays though.. Never did start the 4 people portrait.. will do that another time.. after holidays.. Maybe a belated Christmas gift.. Maybe will sketch it out tomorrow eve.. and start on it.

will try for a better photo tomorrow.
5x7" wrap canvas with painted sides.
I know my lettering is not straight but thats not going to change.
I surprised myself that I can actually read it..
says 24 hr Wrecker Service..
Holt Bros
Garage
phone
nite day and numbers below.

biddlebeach
12-22-2009, 08:47 AM
Yay Kathie! the truck looks great! glad you got it done, maybe now you can rest a bit!

Kathie, Thanks for the thoughts on my pups, they have a VERY long way to go yet. I agree about "Mr. blue eyes", he is the one I have been struggling with, he had the most amazing icy blue eyes EVER. ( almost spooky) I really want to capture that in this for my sis. I am liking the background colors also, I just hope Momma doesn't blend into it too much when it is all said and done.

Thanks Purple. :)

WOW! that is one awesome moose! beautiful and scary!! wouldn't want to meet up with him any time soon! he is amazing!

Whoa, a grader just ran up the road, plowing,, geesh, I think I won't rush at all to go to work,,

ArtsyPatrice
12-22-2009, 09:28 AM
Kathie ~ Just perfect!

Mikey B.
12-22-2009, 09:33 AM
wow Hardcore Bikers----

Mikey B.
12-22-2009, 09:34 AM
Elaine, Thank you so much!!
Sue, Love your Collie, you do great work!
Shrl, Thanks, Yes I did one car last yr for my BIL for Christmas gift.. a '49 Dodge. not sure what this one is, other then its coworkers Husbands Dad's & Unclo's old business tow truck.
Dick, Thank you!
Pat, Thank you very much, Yeah kinda does look like "Mater" doesn't it!!
Nature aritist, love the moose, great work on the fur and antlers, love it!
Howard, Love your black and white one.. very different and dramatic! Great work!
Mary, Love the new background, excelelnt colors!! I was going to suggest to take it up into the fur under the legs.. but you started that already when I saw the next ones. I would adjust the eyes on the left one.. looks very much wide eyed/surprised look.. maybe its the large pupils.love the eyes on the right one.. I know your not done yet.. so will be quiet.. hehe they are so adorable!!

OK I"M DONE!!
Phew.. all Christmas paintings done and this last to be given to coworker tomorrow!! I have another dog I Started for a gift, not for holidays though.. Never did start the 4 people portrait.. will do that another time.. after holidays.. Maybe a belated Christmas gift.. Maybe will sketch it out tomorrow eve.. and start on it.

will try for a better photo tomorrow.
5x7" wrap canvas with painted sides.
I know my lettering is not straight but thats not going to change.
I surprised myself that I can actually read it..
says 24 hr Wrecker Service..
Holt Bros
Garage
phone
nite day and numbers below.
464414 Nice kathy ,I will be doing some Car and truck Portraits this winter on canvas and Paper with Dry media ,truck looks awesome---

idylbrush
12-22-2009, 10:05 AM
Everyone has been so productive and busy. Wow! Some great things going on here.

Detail of my new work. It is proving to be a challenge to be get it photographed well. The interference is an issue and the seemingly gray main color is actually a warm gray that is hard to capture.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Dec-2009/36241-bindu4detail1web.jpg

~~Kathleen
12-22-2009, 11:53 AM
Good work everyone....actually what I see it is all wonderful.:clap:

Howard, this is spectacular!
I don't know how it will end (and probably you don't as well :wink2:) but I await the end result impatiently.
How large is it?

lmarie23
12-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Don't know where to start responding to everyone... sorry. Guess I will just do this page. Kathie, I like your painting - I love the softness of it, seems to fit well with the content.

Idyl this is beautiful so far, anxious to see the whole thing :).

I've been painting so much lately, that old wedding photo, the polar bear I posetd below, and last night these two new ones. I wish I didn't work so quickly - I go through paint and canvases too quickly and then I never sell anything, more to put away in a box. Oh well, it's fun anyways, the fun is just short-lived. These each took an hour but I'm not sure if they are done. Maybe they are.

idylbrush
12-22-2009, 06:41 PM
It is 32X32" on canvas. I am working on the last details now. Drying is the big issue at the moment.

Foxyheart2002
12-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Kathie, such a good job and so small! Lettering looks fine!

Idyl, I like this one.

Natureartist, this moose is grand. Can't wait to see the finish. Welcome to the acrylic forum!

lmarie, waiting to see how these develop.

Here is my next painting, just a color map right now. This is the same collie with 'The Eye'. He had been stalking his puppy friend and the owner got upset because neither one of them were pottying for the long trip home, so she gave this one the 'down'. He is asking permission to get back up......
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Dec-2009/22615-bordercollienow1sm.jpg

OkeeKat
12-23-2009, 12:48 AM
Mary, thanks. ahh I wonder if you can put some other colors like pale lavender/pinks in the icey blue eyes to make it look more sparkly, rather then just white and blue, ya know the colors used for snow. might help, even if just specks. darker on the edges and lighter as it blends inward.. might make it more alive.. just a though. never did very icey blues before. worth playing around on another scarp of paper first.

ArtsyPatrice... THANK YOU! glad you like it. Coworker loves it. she says she can't wait to give it to hubby. hsi moms gona be in awe when she sees it.
Mikey, Thank you, look forward to seeing your cars/trucks too!
Howard, Love the gold on the black/grays.. realy rich looking, awesome textures!! its amazing how you get these effects! That is one big one!
Kathleen, Thank you!!
Lmarie, its Lynne right... oh how I forget sometimes. Love the background, on the first. kinda abstract, anxious to see where you go with these! Not sure of the second one.
Sue, Thank you very much, maganifying glasses realy do help and a good fine brush! Love this collie pose, my you are realy doing great with these dogs!!

here is my little Precious, owner is friend of my husbands.
no rush to do this but started the sketch.
Reference and sketch so far.

biddlebeach
12-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Sue, loving your Border Collies, my GF has one and it is a real "personality"!
Howard, can't wait to see your end , it is always so neat to see your works in progress..
Lmarie, these are very interesting too.. like the texture on these.
Kathie, great start on precious! can't wait to see how she works out! didn't get to the studio last night, got home from work late, hardly had the energy to even EAT let alone cook,, today should be a short day, so who knows?
thanks for those ideas Kathie, will give it a go..

lmarie23
12-23-2009, 10:16 AM
Thanks guys, maybe they aren't exactly your "cup of tea" but I think I might like them? Or at least the style. I feel like the first two are done, they got across what I wanted to accomplish, just not sure if they are any good. I think they are experiments with a new style and I am learning my way. Here is the third, I don't like the color combination I chose but otherwise it has some potential. Well, I have all 3 here, the 2nd one has been rephotographed as well so you can see the texture/true colors better.

Lynne

idylbrush
12-23-2009, 02:40 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Dec-2009/36241-Bindu4Cweb.jpg

getting closer. Still not quite there.

biddlebeach
12-23-2009, 04:11 PM
Lynn and Howard! NICE!!!
I'm off..( hehe, yeh, I know! )

baltar50
12-23-2009, 04:27 PM
It's bright and sunny, but not too cold in this part of FL. It's about 80 outside.
It's not exactly the Winter Wonderland but I'm alright with it.
This is one of my WIP's. It's titled "Sea Dragon" and it's a 30x30 gallery stretched canvas. I've got another painting that I've not shot up yet. Next post LOL.

Foxyheart2002
12-23-2009, 04:40 PM
Love the sea dragon. They are mysterious creatures.

About halfway done now......Love the way they float on the canvas until they get the anchor shadows and foreground grass.....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Dec-2009/22615-bordercollienow2sm.jpg

biddlebeach
12-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Looking wonderful Sue!
the Sea Dragon is very neat looking also.
I worked on Alex's eyes a bit today, got frustrated so I quit while I was ahead..

Foxyheart2002
12-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Mary, do a google images search for 'dog blue eyes' and you may find some that will give you inspiration. I don't think I see anything wrong with yours, but if you feel so, then look around and maybe you will find what you are needing to either feel good about yours or change them to your satisfaction. If I am never sure, I do a search. I may never find what I am looking for but I feel better having done so.

lmarie, abstracts are not my thing, but I think you may be on to something in your first one. I will have to wait on the other 2.

Just a little more on mine....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Dec-2009/22615-bordercollienow3sm.jpg

aspenman
12-23-2009, 07:23 PM
WOW!! This is coming along beautifully! The fur above the collar looks soooooooo real. LOOKIN GOOD!

Foxyheart2002
12-23-2009, 10:50 PM
Thanks, Dick!!! These collies are my muses just like the bull was. I love doing these, but I think I need to stop after this one and go somewhere else for a little variety. Can't have all bulls and collies as inventory, lolol.

biddlebeach
12-23-2009, 11:15 PM
lol Sue!

idylbrush
12-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Bindu 4, 32X32" on stretched canvas.

This has been a difficult one to photograph. There are some subtle passages that are difficult to capture. The leaf skeletons are so delicate that they just disappear in the photo process. Interesting, considering I can usually get a fairly good representation of the work in a chip.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Dec-2009/36241-Bindu4Cweb.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Dec-2009/36241-leavesweb.jpg

~~Kathleen
12-24-2009, 01:18 PM
I cannot tell you Howard just how lovely I think this painting is!
I might compare its' appeal to me, being equal to the painting with the Pomegranates that you did last year when you were healing.

I, as well was stupified, with the highlights re the leaves.
They are so subtle.

All I can say is :clap:
~~Kathleen

PattiLou
12-24-2009, 03:15 PM
You are right Howard, those leaf skeletons hide until you see the closeup... amazing.

Cheers, http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Dec-2009/[email protected]

Foxyheart2002
12-24-2009, 06:40 PM
Wow, no matter how much I look I cannot see those leaf skeletons at all inthe large ppic. How weird. They definitely do add to the overall effect.

My border collie is finished and has its own thread.... Border Collie..... (no title yet) (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8399096#post8399096)

Foxyheart2002
12-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Started a new painting. It is a study of a cat in light (my cat, Doofus, a tabby and white).

Colors are pretty much right on but there is a flash glare on the right. 11x14, hardboard....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Dec-2009/22615-catinlight1sm.jpg

Foxyheart2002
12-25-2009, 07:48 PM
About an hour left to go, whiskers, lips, ears....(flash glare, arghhh)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Dec-2009/22615-catinlight2sm.jpg

biddlebeach
12-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Howard, this is great! love those leaf skeletons!
Sue, loving your kitty,, how pretty..
worked a bit on Alex today, crappy photo.

Foxyheart2002
12-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Mary, check out his eyes in relation to his nose. Measure your photo and then your painting. Something is a little off. If you look at all the level things, (nose, mouth), one eye is lower than the other. Love the way you are doing the fur, good job!

biddlebeach
12-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Thanks Sue!

Argh! THAT is what it is that has been bothering me!
sigh,, It makes me crazy that I can't SEE that stuff sooner!
Thank you thank you thank you!

Foxyheart2002
12-25-2009, 11:05 PM
No problem Mary. I usually don't see it in my own until I post it here. Like my kitty's lips (needs a 'smile' and way too dark) and the line above his nose......all wrong.....

howyadoin
12-26-2009, 03:00 AM
This was a present for my buddy Malcolm. He'll be three next month, and he's a big, big Spider-Man fan:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2739/4215391226_9def27674f_o.jpg

majalj
12-26-2009, 01:07 PM
That's my last work, I finished just finished.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Dec-2009/189288-261220091176.jpg

objectivistartist
12-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Now Sue - what would REALLY make that nice cat painting would be to have, in front of the cat, in the same pose, or on hind feet, a mouse... and ye could title it "To Have and to Hold"... :evil:
["Protector" seems just too quaintly cliche]

But, of course, this would only be if ye considering the cat as a model, and the painting not as a portrait per se...

Foxyheart2002
12-26-2009, 02:28 PM
Lolol, Robert. Can't get a good pic of a mouse around here......with 25 cats (8 of which live in the house with us, the others in a cattery - used to have a rescue, all mine now!) there isn't a mouse to be seen!

eyepaint
12-26-2009, 03:18 PM
That's my last work, I finished just finished.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Dec-2009/189288-261220091176.jpg

This is wonderful :) :) :)

eyepaint
12-26-2009, 03:20 PM
This was a present for my buddy Malcolm. He'll be three next month, and he's a big, big Spider-Man fan:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2739/4215391226_9def27674f_o.jpg

That's cool. I'm sure the Spiderman fan will love this :)

Foxyheart2002
12-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Finished, but not a good scan. *sigh*
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Dec-2009/22615-catinlightscansm.jpg
If I can get a good scan later I will post it under a new thread.

susme48
12-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Lynne...that looks great so far

Shrl....love your kitty!!

Kathrin, you never ever cease to amaze me!! I love it!!

Pat, glad your hubby is doing well!!! And I like your commission!

Kathie, hubby loves your truck...says he has see alot like that!

Howard, a very interesting piece!! It is almost like a window to me at the top, and a wintery look to the outside...totally can get lost in it!

Mary I would imagine it is almost as hard doing two cuties as it is two people in a portrait!

Baltar...nice sea dragon!!

Natureartist1, I like your moose!!

Sue, love the dogs almost as much as your horses and bulls!! What a way with animals you have!

And now the kitty....wonderful....I have seen that look!!

Bret, I can imagine his joy...he'll treasure this for a long time!!
Lynne...intriguing.

And LOOK! There is finally something on the old easel again!! Not quite sure where I am going with this one....I think the pain meds took over....:lol: I quit when I could not stay awake...

It is 11x14 wrapped canvas and still in the ugly stage for sure....and the one leg of the horse is really off.....of course I plan to blame that on the meds...:lol:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Dec-2009/51170-horsejump1bx.jpg

majalj
12-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Thanks Eyepaint ;-))

YLCIA
12-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Finished this morning. 16" by 20"

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Dec-2009/2940-DSCN0356.JPG

Julia

Foxyheart2002
12-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Susan, I think you will do fine with this. The only thing so far that is off is his right (our right) upper leg as it does not match his left, but that may work itself out. Also watch his ankles into his hooves as you go along. Other than that I will wait to see how you do, looks good so far.

susme48
12-27-2009, 02:20 AM
Thanks, Sue! I saw the upper legs as I scanned it...and knew they were 'wrong'....I got some more ref photos.from the library...the one I have is a bit blurry as you get to the details around the hooves...plus I think he had some kind of guard around them? kind of cone shapped?? or that is what my eyes saw and I saw it in alot of the other photos I looked at.....thought about dust kind of obscurring them, but was not sure that is what I wanted....will have to think on it :)