PDA

View Full Version : Quick Dry Cafe 12/20 to 12/26

noodle1
12-20-2009, 08:51 AM
Morning Everyone....

New week and it's the big event week..LOL Rise and shine, coffee, pancakes and eggs and some ham and juice too.
We're digging ourselves out..haha
Have a great day!

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Charlie's Mum
12-20-2009, 09:04 AM
We've been shovelling a pathway too!
Only up to 3" for us though - this morning as I walked down our perfectly flat white drive, at the gate, someone had decided it was so nice, they made a snow angel! Shame to add footprints near it! :lol:

My nephew says they had 12 inches yesterday morning and wasstill coming down ... near Washington DC ......... so how much for you Elaine?

Managed to put up a Christmas tree ysterday and some dekkies on the fireplace - very minimalist this year - too much happening for any more :rolleyes:

Have a lovely Sunday everyone :D

PattiLou
12-20-2009, 09:09 AM
Sorry you are having to dig yourself out Elaine... but when you get a chance take a picture. :D In the meantime you need some energy to finish so I have sausage biscuits to help you. :heart:

Jon is in the living room reading the paper and I am in here reading the forums, and we are staying sorta warm. No snow or rain to do battle with but it is supposed to get cold tonight... well cold for me. :lol:

In the evenings I have been crocheting dishcloths for little presents. They go quick and keep my hands busy, plus I get the added benefit of having something on hand for a quick gift. Also been doing coasters/small doilies and bookmarks but I need some more patterns for bookmarks, not fond of the ones I have.

Hope everyone has a good, relaxing Sunday before the mad rush begins this week.

Morning Maureen, we posted at the same time. :heart:

Lady Carol
12-20-2009, 10:09 AM
This was a big storm for so early in the season, same one that Elaine got but I suspect we got more snow. We usually get only a couple of inches plus or minus for December but 12+ already :eek: :eek: :eek: DC got 23 inches off of this storm.
Backyard:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Dec-2009/11811-IMG_3190.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Dec-2009/11811-IMG_3191.JPG
Front yard:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Dec-2009/11811-IMG_3192.JPG
The Mexican's just came through and dug us out:D :D :D :D They do more talking than digging. But that is OK. They do a good job and I don't have to go out there and do it myself.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Dec-2009/11811-IMG_3193.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Dec-2009/11811-IMG_3194.JPG

Lady Carol
12-20-2009, 10:12 AM
I was so excited about the Mexicans digging me out, I forgot to say Morning everyone :wave:

~~Kathleen
12-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Morning all, just a pop-in to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday.
Looks like the weather is going to be warm with lots of snow.
We have been ready for Christmas for a week, all the baking is done and and the Little Men are getting excited now.
But this Muggle knows Santa will be very good to them :)
Be well all.
~~Kathleen
A photo we took last night as a cloud was settling down on us....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Dec-2009/92567-crop2.jpg

noodle1
12-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Hi Carol,

Happy you didn't have to do the shoveling, they do work hard those Mexicans, it's kind of fun to hear what they're sayin...LOL they don't always know I understand them...haha

Yeah you got good part of the brunt of it as it was moving up, I think by the time it got to us it had dumped a good deal of the snow out over the water, perhaps no more then 4"s for us. The digging out part comes with the plows who started almost immediately, I think they were expecting more too. They block in our driveway every time...LOL Snowblower worked on the paths but had to shovel the piles of snow pushed in front of the driveway.

Good thing I baked that cake...teehee

Hi Maureen, snow angel ahh how nice.

It'll come back in I think and Boston will get some inches. Closer north of me just got a dusting.

Okay off to Mass then the birthday party...Mary anything your way?

See ya later,
Hugs,
Elaine

Raymo
12-20-2009, 11:25 AM
I was so excited about the Mexicans digging me out, I forgot to say Morning everyone :wave:

Time to trade that little car for a big 4wheel drive pick-up.

Lady Carol
12-20-2009, 11:54 AM
Time to trade that little car for a big 4wheel drive pick-up.
I know. It did not handle all that well in the snow yesterday. I thought I was going to have to abandon it :eek: :rolleyes:

Ozone
12-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Morning everyone,

Maureen, Carol :wink2: Elaine :heart: Patti, and Susan too :wave:

If your not awake yet you can

TRY this (http://www.sherv.net/talking/swf/funny/12.swf)

[email protected]

Charlie's Mum
12-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Lol Oz ......... :lol: :lol: .... now I need ear muffs ;)

dances_with_oils
12-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Morning everyone:

Still waiting for the big storm they called for, I think the meteorologist is out to lunch on this one. Or he/she can not read a map and confused us with you guys in the States.

Trying to get some of the paintings done for that exhibit in January. I'm playing around with the liquid mirror instead of using white and I'm liking the results... the glazes just seem to glow on top of it.

Our girl Branwen is such a smart dog, she's figured out the sounds that name her bone, camel and ball (they are toys LOL). We're looking into some obedience classes for her in the New Year and then some agility classes to run off some of that energy.

Hubby has started to hear rumours of the posting and it is scaring me to death looking at the real estate prices for this place. Quarter of a million will just about get you a townhouse - add in a kidney or two and you might be able to actually afford this place. sheesh...

Mary, Elaine up here we can claim massage therapy on our income tax returns under medical expenses. Do you not have the same thing?

I'm off to try and get some painting done.

ribeyedsmile
12-20-2009, 01:38 PM
This was a big storm for so early in the season, same one that Elaine got but I suspect we got more snow. We usually get only a couple of inches plus or minus for December but 12+ already :eek: :eek: :eek: DC got 23 inches off of this storm.
Backyard:
The Mexican's just came through and dug us out:D :D :D :D They do more talking than digging. But that is OK. They do a good job and I don't have to go out there and do it myself.

nothin here about acrylic paint...i guess its not all about acrylic....sometimes we talk about the weather

Lady Carol
12-20-2009, 02:02 PM
The QDC is an open thread to discuss anything. This is the only thread in the forum that allows members to get to know each other on a more personal level. The majority of forums have a chat thread going. Do you have a problem with the way the moderators choose run the forum?

ribeyedsmile
12-20-2009, 02:09 PM
When my post about painting is deleted?
yes

Lady Carol
12-20-2009, 02:23 PM
When my post about painting is deleted?
yes
perhaps acrylics is not the right forum for what you want to discuss.

ribeyedsmile
12-20-2009, 02:32 PM
perhaps....but I work in acrylic mostly and I may develop a friendship or mutual respect if I give friendship and mutual respect.

Lady Carol
12-20-2009, 02:55 PM
well then, welcome to the forum Michael. A general rule of thumb for a forum such as this is not to be so obscure as to lose the members, especially if you want a discussion on a particular topic. You will get many more replies. As you can see Kathleen had no idea what you are on about and we are all artists here. Therefore, one would expect that amongst ourselves we would be able to understand random musings but alas this is not the case. Does than make us not artists then?

noodle1
12-20-2009, 03:01 PM
ribeyesmile, among all the brushes and acrylic conversations and fantastic art there is in the acrylics forum, here there are genuine people looking to enjoy the company of other genuine people. Talented, creative people who are also a heck of a lot of fun and the best people to get to know.
It's here that we do that, not formal, not picky, not elitist, just a place to relax.
All egos aside this is the place to just be and it's mutual respect that abounds here as well as talent. So do join in and we welcome you, but please don't judge, we don't.

Hi Bell, my insurance does to a point but I've passed that point once it's not considered therapy, and cutie I've had my share of that...LOL one pole later I just want a massage...teehee.

Oz..:heart: Holy cow..I'm up, I'm up...and not sure if I'm listen' think I've gone deaf....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Baby it's cold outside..haha pretty tho. The wind started blowing and all the snow dust went flying, people walking backwards after coming out of church.

Kathleen hi...good to see you here. Love that photo and hmmmm bet you can do something amazing in your new adventure with it.

Okay have to pack up the cake and head for the party. I will catch ya all later, have a warm or cool day as needed..lol

Hugs all round,
Elaine

ribeyedsmile
12-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Robin Hood: And you're a robber too. How long have you been a robber?
Strutter: Four foot one.
Robin Hood: Good lord! Jolly good. Four foot one? Well that-that-that is-is- a long time, isn't it?

Time Bandits

Lady Carol
12-20-2009, 03:11 PM
Robin Hood: And you're a robber too. How long have you been a robber?
Strutter: Four foot one.
Robin Hood: Good lord! Jolly good. Four foot one? Well that-that-that is-is- a long time, isn't it?

Time Bandits
Robin Hood: I say! Crikey! I mean, I've been in robbing for years, and I have never seen anything like this! Crumbs! You acquired all this by yourselves!
Randall: Well it was a good day Mr Hood.
Robin Hood: Jolly good day
Randall: It is nice isn't it?
Robin Hood: Rather! I mean what can I say? Thank you, thank you, thank you all very much indeed.

Time Bandits.

Lady Carol
12-20-2009, 06:13 PM
Roast duck tonight :)

RPut
12-20-2009, 06:54 PM
Hi all!

Guess I've stirred up a few supporters over in the business forum. I've recently discovered a website with a photo of one of my paintings from our local newspaper and am questioning their copy right use of my image. If interested take a jaunt on over there and see the supportive comments I've recieved. You guys are all so amazing in our WC community! I am still thinking of how to word my complaint to the legal department of the newspaper if anyone has any suggestions!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598250

Thanks

dances_with_oils
12-20-2009, 07:28 PM
Here's one for you Ruth - I recently sent something like this out for a client.

Dear Newspaper:

Thank you for publishing a copy of my painting on __________date and then offering your readers the option to purchase a copy of it. I'm sure it is an oversight on your legal department to forward me the proceeds from such a sale. I also note that there has been a failure on their part to request permission to publish, failure to obtain copyright and all reserved rights and failure to render payments of all sales of the paintings and any derivative works. I'm sure you will wish to rectify this omission as quickly as possible. Please note my address as below. I will expect a payment forthwith. Failure to submit a full accounting of sales and amounts will proceed to litigation with an incurring cost of interest on unpaid amounts at 5% compound per month plus all legal costs.

Yours truly,

Artist.

Lady Carol
12-20-2009, 07:30 PM
very interesting Ruth. I would not use the word "accidentally". The rest of what you wrote :thumbsup: basically you want to hit them hard and hit them fast, you could toss in the word lawyer, that would make them wake up.

RPut
12-20-2009, 07:38 PM
Well, I already sent along a message to their legal department, so, we will see what happens from here. I Love your wording Bell, and will keep for future reference and send that along too if needed! Thanks!

noodle1
12-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Ruthie I would definitely lay claim to any and all sales as a result of that photo.
I actually think you could probably send another registered letter using Bell's
prototype, removal is good, compensation for any and all who have already seen or acted upon what they've seen better and would think they would consider not pulling a fast one in just removing it, if indeed there have been sales. That compensation is yours or at least a percentage of it.

Well cake was good, Jordan was happy and I'm home which makes me happy. Larry working tomorrow so another happy, LOL

Going to stroll around a bit then probably just go watch some tv. Tree's up, tomorrow will decorate it, providing it's still up in the morning, cats have been eyeballing it. My daughter gave it to me, pretty tree as is I think, it's a Fraser Fir. But will decorate it..darn....LOL Take a peek.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Dec-2009/139027-My-Christmas-tree-09.jpg

See ya tomorrow enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
Hugs,
Elaine

ArtsyPatrice
12-20-2009, 09:05 PM
Oh Elaine, it is a beautiful tree! I can smell the wonderful scent all the way here in Utah! Show it to us after you decorate it -- although I agree it looks fabulous as it is...:)

OkeeKat
12-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Hello all!!
Been a little busy with the family and painting inbetween when I can to finish this little tow truck. Must deliver it on wednesday!!

Piper even got his bath today, pretty and fluffy!!

Great letter Bell!!
Ruthie I hope you get a reply soon!!
Stay warm all!!
Looks like most of the NE is getting snow!
Elaine, Beautiful Tree!
Be safe and take it easy.
back to the easel.

Here is my Fluffy Piper, in his neew Christmas Sweater!!!

noodle1
12-20-2009, 10:02 PM
Soooo cute, his hair looks better then mine....LOL

Carol it just hit me...duck oh I love duck! LOL

Okay did my tour now I'm signing off for the night....for real. Had to get in on the duck before Carol ate it all. haha

Nite nite
Elaine

dances_with_oils
12-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Ruth, I'd go after them for any sales they made, they don't have licensing rights. It's little things like this that chip away at the copyrights of the artist - the culprit is often asked to cease and desist but never expected to pay up. So it becomes a small matter of annoyance to the culprit/pirate to have to remove a copyright protected item from a catalogue/web site but never a financial one as most artists/authors are just happy to see their work removed and the inquiries stop there. The pirate if they got any money from sales of the item, gets to keep it and moves on to the next stolen image.

I advise my clients to also seek compensation. If the violator of the copyright has made even a dime off the pirated image/work, then the artist/author should be compensated. If the culprit has damaged the value of the work by their piracy, then by all means also seek damages.

There is a hint of some snow trying to fall right now, I'm just glad that the kids aren't traveling as the eastcoast is getting socked with what some of you got yesterday. I'm hoping my sister-in-law gets away tomorrow on her flight- it looks like the eastcoast is facing a blizzard.

We had prime rib roast - yummy

Lady Carol
12-20-2009, 11:41 PM
Carol it just hit me...duck oh I love duck! LOL
Me too. It was delicious. There is half a duck left :D Dinner tomorrow might.

Elaine the tree is huge and fab looking.

noodle1
12-21-2009, 09:03 AM
Morning all,

Carol what time is dinner tonight, promise I'll only take a tiny portion..haha
I have a friend who has a 10ft tree in her living room. I use to have cathedral ceilings in another house we lived in, a new one and I'd go find the biggest I could, Larry was thrilled...LOL Not. Now I have to have limits..:(
don't like limits..haha

Well there is coffee and some cinnamon toast and juice, not much else this morning because I'm lazy..haha Gonna run real quick and get back home, need to pick up the booze..LOL wine actually. Then I'm done running for the rest of the week. Karlie coming over after she finishes work at the shop and the cookie assembly line begins. Anybody ever make Peppermint Bark, not really cookies but we thought it sounded yummy. All chocolate..lol white atop of brown with peppermint candy canes crushed on top...seems fairly easy,flat pan, melt chocolate, smash peppermint candy canes and chill, break into pieces and have at it..then we'll get serious...LOL

Morning Shirl, Kat, Kim, Kathleen, Mary, Dee, Sue, Howard, Raymo, Robert,
Shrl, Purple, Paul, Ruthie, Patti crocheting haven't done that in years but that's a smart idea, Kathrin, Oz :heart:, A.Patrice I came down this morning and it filled the room with that smell ah tis wonderful..haha, Bell, Kathie, Art all the gang and peeking visitors.

Have a great day everyone,
Hugs,
Elaine

Lady Carol
12-21-2009, 09:29 AM
Morning Elaine, Shirl, Kat, Kim, Kathleen, Mary, Dee, Sue, Howard, Raymo, Robert, Shrl, Purple, Ruthie, Patti, Kathrin, Oz

Cinnamon toast YUM!!!!!!!!

Dinner around 7:30. With all this snow, I think my half of duck will be safe. :D :D

A drawing I have going in D&S. It is my squared drawing. Not much done but now that I am finished with that commission and he like it I have time to draw again.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8390639#post8390639

dances_with_oils
12-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Morning everyone:

Bit tired this morning as the kid and I long chat at midnight over who else? The idiot-soon-to-be-ex-son-in-law. His latest rationale is that he should continue to be acrimonious because if the children saw that he was getting along with their mum that it would lead to questions of why they aren't getting back together. He believes that they are better served if he treats their mum like dirt. He doesn't want them fantasizing that they are going to get back together. I think most kids hold that secret wish in fact, I know 30 year olds whose parents are divorcing fostering desires that their parents get back together. *sigh*

Of course this area is to expect a snow storm on Christmas eve...lol I don't think I've ever gone to church on Christmas eve without some sort of awful weather to try drive safely home with. Last year it was ice after a thaw then fast freeze.

I have a couple of paintings that are very close to being finished and if I can get a couple of uninterrupted hours to get at them, I might succeed.

Bret, love the sample pages of your book. Congrats.

Carol, nice start on the CP. Lovely photo reference.

Elaine, gorgeous tree ..I love the Douglas Fir.

PattiLou
12-21-2009, 09:54 AM
Wow Carol, no wonder your little car did not like to be out and about! :lol:

Ruthie, I am surprised the newspaper did this... they SHOULD know better. :eek: I wonder how many other times they have gotten away with the same thing?

Just returned from a shopping trip to refill the pantry. Everything is okey dokey for now... until I run out of something that I forgot to put on the list. :o

I'm still thinkg aboiut wrapping gifts. :D

Stay warm ya'll, we are having a few days of cold weather, but then it is the beginning of winter.

OkeeKat
12-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Hello all!
Thanks for the OJ and Cinnamon toast, Love it!! :clap: :smug:

Slept in this am.. felt good. have a few errands to run with MIL and some last minute shopping.

Few more hrs on my little painting and that is done.

Hope everyone is staying warm, its 43 here today and breezy, but sunny. Thats dang cold for us!
well it gets ya in the mood for Christmas at least Hope it doesnt last too long!

Cya all later.
((HUGS)) To all!!:wave:

OkeeKat
12-21-2009, 10:23 AM
wanted to share this fun little bit I recieved recently,funny!!

Holiday Eating Tips!!

1. Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a
holiday buffet table knows nothing of the Christmas
spirit. In fact, if you see carrots, leave
immediately. Go next door, where they're serving rum
balls.

2. Drink as much eggnog as you can. And quickly. Like
fine single-malt scotch, it's rare. In fact, it's even
rarer than single-malt scotch. You can't find it any
other time of year but now. So drink up! Who cares
that it has 10,000 calories in every sip? It's not as
if you're going to turn into an eggnog-aholic or
something. It's a treat. Enjoy it. Have one for me.
Have two. It's later than you think. It's Christmas!

3. If something comes with gravy, use it. That's the
whole point of gravy. Gravy does not stand alone. Pour
it on. Make a volcano out of your mashed potatoes.
Fill it with gravy.

Eat the volcano. Repeat.

4. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made
with skim milk or whole milk. If it's skim, pass. Why
bother?

It's like buying a sports car with an automatic
transmission.

5. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an
effort to control your eating. The whole point of
going to a Christmas party is to eat other people's
food for free. Lots of it. Hello?

6. Under no circumstances should you exercise between
now and New Year's. You can do that in January when
you have nothing else to do. This is the time for long
naps, which you'll need after circling the buffet
table while carrying a 10-pound plate of food and that
vat of eggnog.

7. If you come across something really good at a
buffet table, like frosted Christmas cookies in the
shape and size of Santa, position yourself near them
and don't budge. Have as many as you can before
becoming the center of attention.

They're like a beautiful pair of shoes. If you leave
them behind, you're never going to see them again.

8. Same for pies. Apple. Pumpkin. Mincemeat. Have a
slice of each. Or, if you don't like mincemeat, have
two apples and one pumpkin. Always have three. When
else do you get to have more than one dessert? Labor
Day?

9. Did someone mention fruitcake? Granted, it's loaded
with the mandatory celebratory calories, but avoid it
at all cost. I mean, have SOME standards.

10. One final tip: If you don't feel terrible when you
leave the party or get up from the table, you haven't
been paying attention. Reread tips; start over, but
hurry, January is just around the corner.

Remember this motto to live by:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the
intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well
preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally
worn out and screaming,

"WOO HOO what a ride!"

~~Kathleen
12-21-2009, 10:56 AM
Hi all, I know that I am overstaying my welcome here after being away for so long, but I absolutely have to share this with any of you that have Little ones and or Grandchildren.
It is a site that you go to and set up so Santa sends a video to the child, and connects personally with the child. You enter all the pertinent data, and it is so very good.
give it a try and watch the childrens faces light up as they watch it.
http://santa.sympatico.ca/home/
~~Kathleen

Shirl Parker
12-21-2009, 11:15 AM
Wow, good morning Elaine, Carol, Belle, Patti, Kathie, Kathleen, and all those to come. :wave:

Lady Carol
12-21-2009, 11:22 AM
... overstaying my welcome
Overstaying your welcome????? I don't think so. You have been missed Kathleen.

Lady Carol
12-21-2009, 11:49 AM
This one is for Raymo to get him in the bah humbug moodhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Dec-2009/11811-27632-naughtsanta.gif

Raymo
12-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Haha, good one, Professor DragonLady !

idylbrush
12-21-2009, 02:37 PM
Kathleen, what is this, you have been missed and I, for one, am thrilled to have you back here.

dances_with_oils
12-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Thanks Kathleen, just sent off two messages to the grand darlings... This should really make their day.

susme48
12-21-2009, 04:40 PM
{{{{{Kathleen}}}}} Missed you so much!! Don't stay away so long again....PLEASE??!!??

Afternoon to all....sorry I have to run, but so far nothing for under the tree, and groceries are running low....so we are off and who knows what will happen!!

I have read everything but no time to comment now....I have to pay for my being out of it!!

Love and hugs to all!!

biddlebeach
12-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Holy crap! I step away for a bit and there is 2 pages of chatter! Course, I just realized that it is a new week.. Lordy, and I am not even all that old yet.
I am not sure , Belle, about the insurance paying for a massage, boy, wouldn't THAT be nice? although, I think mine would be more for relaxation, that any health related issue.
the massage was wonderful, she even helped with my tingly pinkies.. hm,, I think I already told ya that,, okay, I will stop , hehe,,
worked on my dog portrait yesterday for a bit, think I got a feasible background in, then realized I didn't have any milk, for my seafood pasta dish I was making for that night's dinner. so I had to close up the studio and head to town, by the time I got back, I started on the prep for dinner. it turned out wonderful!
About to post an update, then head to the studio for some more work. catch you all later!

noodle1
12-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Kathleen....bah humbug to the overstaying thingy....you have been missed, set your bum down and have some coffee and chat a while...Miss you!!! that was so cool thanks, my guys all too big..*sigh*

Hi Sue, Byeeee Sue...happy lugging, oops sorry shopping..teehee
I just lugged this morning too trust me there is a good deal of empathy here for you..love ya.

Hi Bell they'll love it!

Kathie that was funny I should print it out and my daughter can hand it out at the shop...LOL

Hi Howard how have you been, company still with you?

Carol now you know Raymo is like a "wind up toy"..LOL now ya got him good an wound..is that what dragonlady's do before the kill...:eek: :lol: :lol:

Got all my stuff and I'm trying to get warm, it's a blowin' like crazy out there still, looks like another snow storm..haha

See ya later...oh got a Christmas card from Kathy...I was so surprised and delighted, Hi Kathy if you're peekin' in, thank you so much you're such a honey...Merry Christmas.

Okay can't find the lights to the tree...LOL maybe it will stay as is..

Hugs,
Elaine

Lady Carol
12-21-2009, 05:03 PM
Haha, good one, Professor DragonLady !
I honestly thought you would use it in your sig line for seasonal effects.Apparently not.......:(

Incidentally that would be Professor Dr. DragonLady to you.

biddlebeach
12-21-2009, 05:25 PM
pooh! having a hard time painting these eyes, I thought I would do a search for painting eyes and I keep getting an error,, :(

dances_with_oils
12-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Mary, have a look at this thread (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=568501) The artist does a fantastic job with the dog's eyes. (It is a CP but the detail is great to help break down what you need to see to do the eyes)

biddlebeach
12-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Thanks Belle! giving it a look see!

Ozone
12-21-2009, 08:05 PM
Merry Christmas to everyone, hope you get lots of toys.

Oz:)

biddlebeach
12-21-2009, 08:13 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Raymo
12-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Incidentally that would be Professor Dr. DragonLady to you.

Dr. Sweet Babboo....hmmmm....I like it ! :lol:

biddlebeach
12-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Hiya Ray,,,

Lady Carol
12-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Dr. Sweet Babboo....hmmmm....I like it ! :lol:
awww you are talking nicely to me again :o:o:o

Raymo
12-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Hiya Ray,,,

Hiya Mary....http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/wink-kiss-034.gif

I like your doggies that youre paintin.

Raymo
12-21-2009, 11:02 PM
Carol now you know Raymo is like a "wind up toy"..LOL now ya got him good an wound..is that what dragonlady's do before the kill...:eek: :lol: :lol:

Haha, you so funny. It's time for you to break out that bicycle helmet so the icicles dont hit your noggin as you walk off the porch....:lol:

Goodnight Noodles....:wave:

biddlebeach
12-21-2009, 11:09 PM
Hiya Mary....http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/wink-kiss-034.gif

I like your doggies that youre paintin.

thanks Ray..:heart::heart::)

~~Kathleen
12-21-2009, 11:42 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm words.
I have been crazy busy these last six months, and with a whole lot of effort I am getting back into the retirement mode and doing what I want when I want.
Not an easy thing to do when one relapses.:confused:
I have been well, just a bit of a bout with the Flu, but that is gone and done with now.
I have now refused to paint at the pace I was allowing others to set for me, and have returned to the glorious ways and means of painting what I want when I want!:thumbsup:.
I am all ready for the Holiday Season now, and just have to sit back and enjoy it now.
Here are a couple of Pics I took tonight outside after meditating.
It has been snowing like this all day, and it seems like we will have a couple more days of this yet. Steady and big huge flakes.
The second pic is an anomaly, as I found that I had actually captured a perfectly formed snowflake. I must admit that it is quite wonderful outside right now (If your not driving!)
Be well all
~~Kathleen
Our Deck 1/2 hr. ago
There was not a speck of snow on it this morning.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Dec-2009/92567-dec_21_09_3.JPG

The snowflake....Isn't Life wonderful?
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Dec-2009/92567-dec_21_09_Snowflake_highlighted.JPG

biddlebeach
12-21-2009, 11:47 PM
beautiful Kathleen

noodle1
12-22-2009, 12:04 AM
How wonderful is that Kathleen, and how clear, it wanted to be shared.
Stay warm, enjoy the snowfall, as troublesome as it can be I still find that wonder of sitting at the window just watching it fall, and it is still a priceless treat.

Hey Raymo my man, hmm sorry I ever told that story..lol Goodnight weird one, don't let the kitty bite..haha

Oh Oz, a very Happy Wonderful Christmas to you as well.

This is probably the one song I love playing on the piano on a snowy quiet night thinking bout all my friends and family...Christmas Waltz..if it works it's for you all, ....http://www.links2love.com/christmas_song_the_christmas_waltz.htm
Care to waltz..lol

See you all sometime tomorrow.
Hugs,
Elaine

dances_with_oils
12-22-2009, 12:05 AM
Very Pretty Kathleen, oh how I miss the powdery, fluffy snow of the west.

Mary, glad you liked the massage, shame your income tax folks won't let you deduct it as a medical expense. I'm really glad we can up here.

I was getting near the end of a large painting today and I just wasn't feeling it. I had no ah-ha moment. So I gessoed it and I'll start over tomorrow. But I have to say, I really, really love the way the tri-art liquid mirror reflects the glaze's colours back.. makes it seem even deeper. Well worth the second mortgage to buy a tube of it... lol

RPut
12-22-2009, 12:29 AM
Hello Friends!

Been a bit distracted for a few days, so I'll try to catch up!
Kathy, Piper looks mighty handsome in his new sweater!
Elaine, I'm admiring your beautiful tree as I listen to your wonderful piano music!
Carol and Ray--tooo funny.
Welcome to our world Ribeyesmile!
Kathleen, love seeing you around again! Beautiful snow and snowflake! We got some snow too, but not as much as you. Maybe some more tomorrow.
Mary, a massage sounds wonderful. I'll be ready tomorrow at 3:05 for mine!
Bell, obedience school was the best thing I ever did with Lucky! Helped ME even more. I've got her getting my slippers for me when I come home!
Baby It's Cold Outside--a favorite song--love the version by Lady Antebellum
Hi Oz, Patrice, Patti, and Shirl and everyone lurking!

More baking and carmel treats tonight. One more day of K kids and their party tomorrow--they are sooooo excited! Let's see, what is my story of the day? Oh, one of the kids came to tattle that someone said the "d" word. Really? what's the "d" word? You know, uh, "duh"....um d, a, m.
lol, guess they are getting the reading thing down!

Still have my Christmas cards on the counter--sigh.

OkeeKat
12-22-2009, 02:03 AM
Hello all!!:wave:
been a little busy today and finaly finished up my last painting for christmas commissions. Phew!! Deliver it tomorrow!!
Have another I need to start but no rush on that, wont see them till after the holidays.
Finished up my chritmas shopping and now need to wrap it all!.. tomorrow eve chore!

My you all have been very chatty!!
Kathleen, good to have you back! THanks for the link. going to send one to my grandson in Colorado! Great photos.. wow a big snowflake!!
Ruthie, thanks, he knows he's a cutie, and posed for the photograph!! what a ham!!:lol:

Hope you all have a good night!!:wave:
Hugs and Luv,:heart:

OkeeKat
12-22-2009, 08:21 AM
quick hi and off to work,
so excited Daughter and family arrive tomorrow!! Gota wrap everything tonight!!

biddlebeach
12-22-2009, 08:40 AM
Good morning! coffee is on! Cranberry English muffins, help yourselves..
got a slow morning till 11 today, so not moving very fast out the door! have a tanner at 11, then a house-call, then this afternoon all heck breaks loose,,
sigh,, feast or famine. famine will come later,, gonna try to enjoy the feast while I can get it .
Later ya'all!

PattiLou
12-22-2009, 08:42 AM
Hi Kathleen, nice pictures. Is that from your new home?

Hi Kathie, by Kathie.

I'm still procrastinating about wrapping presents... and just about anything else too.:o I did send a recipe to someone that requested it, maybe that will count towards being good. :lol:

Shirl Parker
12-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Good morning Kathie, Mary, Patti, and those yet to come. :wave:

Home Depot has been here to fix the door they installed last January, and it's not even 9 o'clock yet. If I'd known there was a year's warranty on their work, I would have had them here 8 months ago!

idylbrush
12-22-2009, 11:15 AM
Making red sauce this morning for dinner tonight with friends. They wanted my baked macaroni for some odd reason....so that is what they get. Smells great in the house this morning. Garlic and onion with sausage...does it get any better than that. Spicy cheddar cheese crackers in the oven. Yum, yum.

Trying to figure out how to hang the photo floods in the studio to get them up and out of the way. Bulky little jobbers they are. Trying to locate some C hangers to put them on a pipe up near the ceiling near the door

Been working on a new piece (see what's on your easel) in asphaltum acrylic and liquid mirror and gold interference. I see some red in my future on this one. Needs a bit of zing.

Raymo
12-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Hey Raymo my man, hmm sorry I ever told that story..lol Goodnight weird one, don't let the kitty bite..haha

Speaking of kitty bites....That punk Merwyn, whenever he finds a tissue or paper towel, he tears it to shreds. Itty bitty tiny pieces. He has issues. I leave the door to my art room open for him to sleep in my suitcase. For some reason he likes sleeping in it. Anyways, i'm getting ready for bed last night and I go around turning off all the lights and what not. I start to jump in bed and I hear this noise coming from my art room. A tearing noise. Merwyn had found the mother lode. My roll of paper towels. He drug it behind my easel and absolutely tore the roll to shreds. Even the cardboard roll in the middle. I stand there looking at him, all disappointed, and he looks up at me from a nest of shreds with the most innocent eyes. That little punk....:mad:

I'm thinking of selling Merwyn on Ebay, get your bids in....:lol:

~~Kathleen
12-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Morning all, I have my two grandsons today!
And they are raring to go!
AHA, I have a plan, I made waffles for them (eating as we speak) and then on with the outdoor clothes, and outside to shovel off the deck with their kid-sized shovels! Hahahaha.
I am going to tucker them out, after wards (nap time for the wee one & reading hour for the 7 year old) we will make sugar cookies with sprinkles and all sort of great Christmassy decorations.
By then I will be dead tired, and their mom & dad will be home so they can take over.
Have a good day all.
Be well.:wave:

Ozone
12-22-2009, 12:49 PM
Elaine :heart: thank you for the dance.

For Ruthie... “a favorite song”

I think we could dance to this if you want ?

Oz:)

m3H6YE-40xg

RPut
12-22-2009, 01:16 PM
The stockings are hung for all to see
The Kids are excited as they can be!
Their teacher just hopes to get through the day!
And wishes all a Great Holiday!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Dec-2009/117502-12-15-09.jpg (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Uploader/upload_image_save2.php#)

Lady Carol
12-22-2009, 02:58 PM
Speaking of kitty bites....That punk Merwyn, whenever he finds a tissue or paper towel, he tears it to shreds. Itty bitty tiny pieces. He has issues. I leave the door to my art room open for him to sleep in my suitcase. For some reason he likes sleeping in it. Anyways, i'm getting ready for bed last night and I go around turning off all the lights and what not. I start to jump in bed and I hear this noise coming from my art room. A tearing noise. Merwyn had found the mother lode. My roll of paper towels. He drug it behind my easel and absolutely tore the roll to shreds. Even the cardboard roll in the middle. I stand there looking at him, all disappointed, and he looks up at me from a nest of shreds with the most innocent eyes. That little punk....:mad:

I'm thinking of selling Merwyn on Ebay, get your bids in....:lol:
I think you would sell Teena on ebay before you sold Merwyn.

I also have a cat that loves ripping paper to shreds. We call him the toilet paper bandit. Just be happy that Merwyn has not gotten into the TP. TP is a hell of a lot more expensive than paper towel. I wrapped all the stocking stuffers in tissue paper - well, he decided they are all his and now they are unwrapped again. Perhaps Merwyn and Nigel are brothers, or they went to the same school.

~~Kathleen
12-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Hi all, looks like everyone is busy and Raymo is in trouble again. Bet his cat learned how to misbehave from him!:wink2:

Ruthie, I am astonished, kids here began Holidays as of Monday and are out of school 'till the 4th of January.
Love those stockings though must have been loads of work assembling them.
Here is a plate of cookies for everyones coffee break!
Shaped and decorated by a two and seven year old!
Yep lots of red & green icing, a variety of sprinkles and totally loaded with Christmas calories. (Christmas calories are good ones)
Dig in, and get todays sugar fix!:lol:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Dec-2009/92567-If_I_were_to_throw_my_memories_016.jpg

RPut
12-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Uh, someone put whistles the all the stockings..........sigh........

~~Kathleen
12-22-2009, 04:07 PM
Oh Good grief Ruth!
Is there no compassion in this world?
Check your in-box

Shirl Parker
12-22-2009, 04:14 PM
Ray, your Merwyn stories make me giggle.

Lady Carol
12-22-2009, 05:32 PM
Raymo and Merwyn
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Dec-2009/11811-cat.jpg

biddlebeach
12-22-2009, 08:57 PM
hehe

Raymo
12-23-2009, 12:05 AM
Carol....sounds like Nigel is a fun guy ! Haha, I like the cartoon.

Shirl....that boys a lotta fun.

Kathleen....hiya ! Merwyn doesnt need any help being bad, lol.

Mary....you be good, hehe.

OkeeKat
12-23-2009, 12:23 AM
Hello all!!
Had a very busy but productive day, all ready for next weeks patients already, at least ahead of the game this week. dont know how I did it.
Quiet day, saw a bunch of patients but Mostly consults and required little of my assistance. mostly did paperwork for next week!
Tomorrow hopefully only a half day, docs leaving town for weekend early, so going to cut out early!!
Daughter and family arrive just after lunch I hope! Can't wait!!

Did wrap ALL The presents this eve.. house in order and ready for company, we ate out tonight so less to clean up!

Might just go to bed early tonight.

Kathleen, Love those cookies. I bet they taste sooo good! I envy you for having two little darlings to spoil!! I'm having the time of my life spoiling little Mathew.. My son's two boys in colorado, rarely see, been over a year since saw them. ENJOY them!!

Raymo.. now that would have been a Kodak moment.. where's the photos of Merwyn?? woulda loved to see the look on his face when he saw you enter the art room, caught in the act!!!

Ruthie, Love the stockings!! They look great!! fabulous poem too!!
Carol, cute cartoon!!:lol:
Oz, love the song! thanks!
Patti, at least you did good with cooking!! eventually the presents will get wrapped!
Shirl, Hi hope the door gets fixed! stay warm! its cold here too!
Howard, glad you're enjoying your guests!! Great artwork as usualy, love it!

Going to be a little busy with kids tomorrow eve. will try when all go to bed to stop in and say hi. Just incase I miss seeing someone ...

I'd like to wish all my wonderful family of Artists here on Wet Canvas a
Very Merry Christmas. May all of your wishes come true. Enjoy your time with those you love and EAT and EAT... and BE HAPPY!!
Please be very safe in your travels if you must. Watch out for the other guys!!
Love and hugs.:heart:

noodle1
12-23-2009, 10:46 AM
Morning Everyone,

Getting right to it today, I'm wrestling a bit with the legs and foot, think it's the weather. Coffee here tho.

Raymo I do love that cat, you eh do but not as much as the cat....LOL
One use to do that to mine now they've changed targets...lol
I think Merywn must have been sending messages to my one very sassy little female. I got up this morning and found some dried hydrangea flowers I had in the studio all over the studio floor, vase they were in in tack, flowers not so much..:lol: :lol: went down stairs and a basket of pine cones all over there too..can't wait til I get decorations on the tree. Happy Christmas kitties...

Carol :lol: :lol: :lol: yup right on!

Hope everyone has a great day, I'm going slow but I need to get the rest of the cookies done so I can bake a couple of pies.

Big hugs all round see ya later

dances_with_oils
12-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Morning folks:

We have a wonderful sunny day with cold, crisp air...the kind that makes the snow crunchy to walk on.

My nice neighbour finally is home from Afghanistan and he's safe and sound. His children are thrilled to have daddy home.

Hubby is still at work and will be working through the holidays so his troops can get away and have their time with their families. He will be home on Christmas day (probably with a couple of cell phones attached to his hips...lol).

Branwen is doing well and is settling in. The longer she is here the sweeter she is getting. She's taken a real shine to hubby. (she still hates the crazy cat lady's feral cats)

I'm off to pick up our turkey from the butcher and head to the boozeria to pick up the stuff to make Caesar's and Rum Eggnog. Then I am done with having to be near any store, gas station or place where people are panicking with last minute things.

Hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas.

Lady Carol
12-23-2009, 11:48 AM
morning every one. Half a day I have decided and tomorrow I am off :thumbsup: way up :D
A little song to get you in the Christmas mood
gosGBYU5vIE

~~Kathleen
12-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Morning all, Quiet day here, the older grandson and his dad are going skating today, Mom and I are finishing odds and ends up (like a plate of cookies and tea! LOL)

Carol thanks so much for the Video, Rolf Harris was/is very big in Canada, and I have not heard this Carol (?) in a long time :)

Have a good one everyone, remember, be good, That guy in Red is watching you'
Just for all of you that have been very good this year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfqZmlfQEto

(http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/%3Cobject%20width=)

noodle1
12-23-2009, 03:09 PM
Carol that was great!!! Good for you half a day and tomorrow off.

Hi Kathleen always liked her singing this, thanks for the reminders of things I left off my list...LOL LOL

Hi Bell, glad the new family member getting all settled in.

:music: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas:music: Got a beautiful Pointsettia from my parish, cookies moving right along and so far no sleet or snow it's a good day..haha

Hope you're all having a good day too. See you later,
Hugs,
Elaine

Shirl Parker
12-23-2009, 03:19 PM
Hi Elaine :wave:

biddlebeach
12-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Hi guys! Lordy, I am pooped! Don't know what I would do if I was actually BUSY! was doing a perm today and my next appointment came in a half hour early! And after all was said and done, I was running late,, she brought her darling 12 week old baby girl with her and she was a doll baby,, not a peep,, UNTIL mommy sat on my chair.. sighs,, I ended up cutting mommies hair with baby on her lap, tried like heck to not throw hair all over her,, but ,, oh well, what ya gonna do? after I finally got her moving, I had to run to an elderly ladies house to wash her hair for her, left the Princess at the shop , and came back,, not 20 minutes later, to her barking up a storm,, THEN, she wouldn't get off my lap so I could do my deposit and write out bills,, nope, not gonna let me out of her sight! silly dog.. finally got the deposit and bills ready, ran to the bank, to the other bank, post office, and had to drop off a gift certificate in someone mailbox, then straight on home,, I feel like I got hit by a Mack Truck!
I could take a nap,, but I guess I won't. going to go and paint some. that usually makes me feel better.

PattiLou
12-23-2009, 08:05 PM
Hi Mary, I'm pooped too! :lol: I decided I better get it in gear today so I got up and made some bread, set it to rise, started wrapping presents and Jon was checking one out to make sure it worked (playing, ya know) and it didn't work. :eek: So after the bread finished baking we had to return it, but they didn't have another one in the store. They called around and found one in Winterhaven. A drive to Winterhaven was not on my list of things to do today but off we went. Got a replacement, whew! Returned home, baked cookies, made sausage cheese balls, finished wrapping, cleaned the kitchen from all the mess I made and told Jon if he wanted to eat we were dining out cause I wasn't going to do anything else. :evil: Well, at least I accomplished something after procrastinating all week.:p Still have to wrap the present we exchanged... it's for my grandson. Tomorrow will be busy too, have to give Jon a haircut first thing in the morning to start the day so he doesn't look like a homeless person. :D

Ray, you know you love Merwyn, after all he takes after you!!!

Kinda quiet in here this evening.... all the elves must be busy, lol.

noodle1
12-23-2009, 09:34 PM
Hiya Shirl, how ya doing girl? Er could use a little warm, wanna point some in this direction..LOL

Oh Mary, Oh Mary I did read every word....and now I'm http://www.curtumevexas.com/images/Smilies/RobotSpinningEyes3d.gif after...:lol: You and Kathie I swear. Hugs cutie.

Hey Patti This elve is having a glass of Rhine wine and calling it a day. Good thing hubby wanted to play first. I haven't thought about wrapping but I will after another glass of wine.:rolleyes:

See you all tomorrow.. Good Night Merwyn have fun..:evil: oh yeah goodnight too Raymo my man..:D

Hugs,
Elaine

Raymo
12-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Patti and Noodles....haha about Merwyn, you freaks :lol:

Merwyns been real quiet all day so I figured he was on our big ol bed. I was right, snuggled up in my pillows. Now I get to breathe cat hair all night. Why, that little punk....:mad:. He went out a little while ago with me but it's purdy cold out and he rubbed on my legs for a few minutes and wanted back in. Little wuss. We've been having trouble with a tom cat that hates Merwyn, probly from when Merwyn was a young tom himself before he lost his hoohas. This tom hates him with a passion and beats on him pretty bad. Merwyn is deathly afraid of him and he has a hidey hole under our shed to try and avoid him. If I cant find him I can usually see him peeking out from under the shed looking all around to see if bad tom cat is around. He'll come running and stop halfway and look all over for him then continue running to the patio. I figure i'm gonna have to get me a live trap and capture him and give him a new home. Merwyn should be able to feel comfortable in his own backyard. It's kinda funny, before he got fixed he was like a little banty rooster and would take on all comers and hold his own. He's at a severe disadvantage now because of what we did to him but it was for his own good.

Haha, everytime I see bad tom cat I chase him out of the area making godawful cat noises as I chase him. Scare the bejesus out of him. Neighbors probly think i'm weird , lol....:lol:

OkeeKat
12-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Hello All!!
Worked till little after two, to bank stopped and had to see gallery owner to wish him a Merry Christmas.. Daughter and family got in around noon and were napping, they left at 2 am!!! SOOOO glad to have them all here!!
Visited some, ran to walmart with them.. boy are the nuts out last minute shopping.. and no one was very pleasant. its a shame.
oh well, had a great evening, after dinner, we backed cookies with Mathew.. of course they were the premade ones.. just separated and put on cookie sheets.. but Mathew did separate them and roll them, had a ball, then of course after he tried the hot tub with mommy and daddy he got his bath and took the cooled cookies off the sheets and onto the rack all by himself. he's such a helper.. and loves doing it. Haviing a ball with the little guy.
Tomorrow taking my daughter for haircut with coworkers sister, one I did the horse for. and then her nails. then at 3 my coworker friend is doing family portraits for us.. outside one of our local offices in the grass.
Will print out some for Daughter to take to inlaws on Christmas Day, which is an hr+ drive from us, but only visitng for the evening.
Close friends of ours are coming down on saturday, so will be a housefull here too!

So have a busy next few days.. Hope everyone else is having a great time too!! Did no painting today at all or last eve!!

Love the Videos Carol and Kathleen, were great thanks!!
Ray, Poor little Merwyn! hope you get rid of that old tom!!
Patti, glad you got the replacement. and alls well!
Mary, Princess is realy attached to you now!!
Elaine, I'm trying to relax. enjoying family now!

Nite all, going to watch movie with family and then bed early.

biddlebeach
12-23-2009, 11:07 PM
c
Haha, everytime I see bad tom cat I chase him out of the area making godawful cat noises as I chase him. Scare the bejesus out of him. Neighbors probly think i'm weird , lol....:lol:

hmm,,, Ya think???
Love ya Ray,, :thumbsup:

RPut
12-24-2009, 12:02 AM
Good Evening Elves out there!

This elf is done with all shopping and chores--I think. A glass of wine and new Christmas music I bought myself and put on the itouch. Nobody likes my stuff, so I listen on my own! Do still have some wrapping to do. Will do it later, I'm liking this little break I'm taking.
Ray, love your kitty stories. Mine is soooo laid back with just enough spunk to annoy Lucky (B. Lab) a bit here and there.
Thanks Oz for the music the other day!!
Mary, enjoy your family, actually that goes for everyone!
We will be by ourselves this year. Snow and blizzards on the way, so no one is traveling. I'll go see my folks later next week if the roads are okay then. So it will be quiet around here! But I think it will be nice to just be us for a change.

Wishing all a wonderful evening!

Raymo
12-24-2009, 12:46 AM
Ray, love your kitty stories.

It's so funny, a little while ago I was running around the house with about 7 ft of ribbon trailing back behind me. Merwyn loves to chase and catch the stuff. Teena had just gotten home from work and put her big purse/junk bag down. I said "Teen watch this" and I ran the ribbon over the top of her bag. Merwyn came racing from the living room into the area between the kitchen and dining room and just dove through the air and did a complete sommersault on top of her bag while grabbing the ribbon and the handle of Teens bag. Of course he had to shake the bag violently since he already had the handle in his mouth....:evil:....all the while Teena is hollering " HEYYYYY",.... hehe, that's my boy....:thumbsup:

howyadoin
12-24-2009, 02:40 AM
Evenin', folks. Sorry I haven't dropped by; all hell's been breaking loose.

But now I'm officially on vacation. How's everybody been?

biddlebeach
12-24-2009, 04:10 AM
It's so funny, a little while ago I was running around the house with about 7 ft of ribbon trailing back behind me. Merwyn loves to chase and catch the stuff. Teena had just gotten home from work and put her big purse/junk bag down. I said "Teen watch this" and I ran the ribbon over the top of her bag. Merwyn came racing from the living room into the area between the kitchen and dining room and just dove through the air and did a complete sommersault on top of her bag while grabbing the ribbon and the handle of Teens bag. Of course he had to shake the bag violently since he already had the handle in his mouth....:evil:....all the while Teena is hollering " HEYYYYY",.... hehe, that's my boy....:thumbsup:

LOL Ray, keep those funny stories coming!

Howya! nice to see ya!

Ruthie,, wine and music sounds great! enjoy your YOU time! sorry the fam won't be able to make it, but , maybe it Is really time for just the two of ya. Enjoy the fam when you DO get to see em.

Woke up, wide awake at 2 AM, and here I am,, sighs,,

PattiLou
12-24-2009, 07:50 AM
We will be by ourselves this year. Snow and blizzards on the way, so no one is traveling. I'll go see my folks later next week if the roads are okay then. So it will be quiet around here! But I think it will be nice to just be us for a change.
Quiet is good... blizzard NOT! Best to be safe and stay inside.:heart:

Hiya Mary, what did you wanna go and get up so early for? I woke up but didn't get up that early. Finally went back to sleep until six and when I woke up I had been having a weird dream.

Hi Bret... I think we are all having a harmless meltdown from the season. Enjoy your vacation and the holidays.

idylbrush
12-24-2009, 08:07 AM
house cleaning today, have company this evening. A small quiet gathering. I have great to make, chicken pot pie, and a sweet potato pie. Going to be a busy day in the kitchen.

The temperature here is 54° with a high today around 75°. Borderline perfect weather for me.

Wishing everyone the best of the holidays.

biddlebeach
12-24-2009, 09:22 AM
I did go back to bed. just got out a few minutes ago, was watching the animal planet, worlds funniest animals,, Lordy,, sitting there in bed, chuckling like a fool,, figured I better get up!

Merry Christmas Eve Day Everyone!
I am so happy, my son is coming home today,, be a VERY long time since we have seen him. Thank goodness for internet and Facebook, we would be totally out of the loop!

Hope everyone has a great day today and a wonderful Christmas with their loved ones surrounding them!
might be back later!

RPut
12-24-2009, 11:06 AM
Good Morning!

Rob woke me up early to type and send in his report. So now will get going and finish wrapping a few more presents. It's blowing out there and bad stuff on the way, but I don't mind.
Mary, it will be four of us, I still have kids around though they are 18 and not as much fun as they were when they were little. Guess we will have to figure out something diffeent to do!

Have a good day everyone!

~~Kathleen
12-24-2009, 01:57 PM
Morning all, a Lovely Winter morning in Southern Alberta!
Wonderful morning, I finally found the perfect Art work for my new home! :clap: It will be the focal point of my place.
I am sooooo pleased with this!

The snow is wafting down, and all is calm!
(Someone should write a Carol about that!) tehehehe

My daughter & I are off for out traditional Christmas Eve brunch!
We have been doing this every year since she was seven.
(Fortunately, we have never missed a year, even if one of us had to fly to the others place.)
Everything is ready for tonight/tomorrow, and we (read two boys of two years & seven years here) are in a state of excitement.

This afternoon with the children our family will watch "Gmen" and eat our dinner on blankets in front of the fireplace :thumbsup:

Then to bed after story time awaiting the big man in Red! :wink2:

Be well all, Happy Holidays and may everyone be blessed now and forever.
~~Kathleen

idylbrush
12-24-2009, 06:39 PM
Friends coming over for dinner tonight. Having chicken pot pie, homemade bread, salad, sweet tater pie.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Dec-2009/36241-poinsettia.jpg

from the yard
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Dec-2009/36241-sweettaterpie.jpg

YUM!

noodle1
12-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Evening Dear Friends,

Just wanted to come in and say that I hope tonight leads you into great peace and tomorrow greets you with unending joy....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Dec-2009/139027-web-merry-christmas.jpg

Will be thinking of you!

susme48
12-24-2009, 08:34 PM
I may have two minutes to get this to post if that. It is storming like crazy here...has been since last night....so with satelite, there is no internet....arggggggggg!!

Just wanted to say Merry Christmas to all!!! Will try for more later, but it is supposed to do this for the next day or so.

idylbrush
12-25-2009, 07:08 AM
Dinner went very well and all was good. Didn't over do it which for me is a first. I have a thing about people not getting enough to eat. I made just about the right amount. Sweet potato pie was a huge hit. Spiced just right for a change. Some recipes are over-spiced and then loose their charm. This one was spiced just right. Even the crust was about right. Consistent and flakey.

Looking at getting a wifi SD card for the camera and a compact flash/SD adapter for the SLR camera. Anyone had any exposure to this product?

Hope everyone has their holiday wishes come true.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Dec-2009/36241-santa-dance.gif

PattiLou
12-25-2009, 07:19 AM
Just wanted to peek in here before we leave for my daughter's and say Merry Christmas to all.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Dec-2009/125378-MC4cc.jpg

Lady Carol
12-25-2009, 09:24 AM
Merry Christmas everyone :wave:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Dec-2006/58769-44366-catxmas.gif

RPut
12-25-2009, 12:09 PM
Merry Christmas Everyone!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Dec-2009/117502-IMG_5747.JPG

We are tucked in safe and warm.

Raymo
12-25-2009, 01:16 PM
Ruthie....I thought about you as I was watching the news coverage of the snow storm and was hopin you were ok. It is pretty though.

Carol....love the xmas tree kitty !

Merry Christmas to everyone !

biddlebeach
12-25-2009, 09:15 PM
Wow Ruthie! that is some snow you got there! love all of the darling Christmas images here!

Howard, that pie looks awesome! yummo!

I made a batch of cinnamon rolls yesterday, as I got my dough all ready to proof, I realized I had no brown sugar, so I had to run to town for some, as long as I was there I did my errands I had to do, came home, got the rolls all rolled and cut and proofing again,
Ran back to town to meet up with my son and we went to a local bar,/ grill for a nice lunchtime get together with my sis in law and one of her friends and many many more people! the bar has a customer appreciation on Christmas eve day, the kitchen is not open but they have a really nice buffet of food for free.. it was great! meatballs, ham, chips, crackers,, cheeses ,, you name it, they had it,,
Came home, baked my rolls, they turned out pretty good, didn't get enough junk in the middle of em though,they weren't gooey enough , ah,, next time I will know!
I hope every one had a wonderful Christmas today with those you all love!

OkeeKat
12-26-2009, 12:42 AM
THANKS ALL!!!
Merry Christmas to you all too!!:clap:
I had a great Christmas with daughter and family and inlaws.
Little Mathew was such fun this year.. each present he opened as he pulled off the wrappings.. said with a big OHHHHHH!!! ohhh how precious, was sooo cute. he realy enjoyed all of his gifts. played with everything today.

Having more guests in tomorrow close friends and their kids I think.
anyways. will be a lot of fun.

Please be safe all and stay warm!!
ohh my Ruthie, what a storm. come on back down here!!
Sending you some sunshine!!
supposed to get cold again tomorrow, was chilly this eve and wind picking up again.

Take care all.:wave:
Lotsa luv and hugs to all!!
ps.. Love the kitty Carol!!:lol:

dances_with_oils
12-26-2009, 01:25 AM
Merry Christmas everyone, I hope everyone had a day to remember. It started freezing rain about two hours ago and the trees and bushes look pretty in their coats of ice. The roads I suspect, will be quite ugly.

Hubby spoiled me this year, I got a wii and some gorgeous jewellery. We had a great dinner with my gallery owner - ate way too much and I've been cooking for three days now so as of tomorrow, everyone can forage for the next 2-3 days. I refused to step into the kitchen except to pick up my turkey sannie.

Branwen was great..except for the great lemon merange pie and cardamon cookie heist. She's crafty this one, she doesn't beg, she waits until you get up to get something and swoops down on your unsuspecting cookie. She doesn't even break her stride. We'll be working on this at doggie boot camp.

Now I know why all those years ago, why the sweaters from auntie May were always too big for me... she was a forward thinker to the post Christmas waist line.

I'm painting for the next 4 days. Hubby has a couple of new games and dvds to watch and play so I'll be left alone plus - he's foraging.

howyadoin
12-26-2009, 03:01 AM
Please, no more food...

idylbrush
12-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Sorry Bret, gonna have to go for it.

Last batch of mission cake is in the oven. Last for this year anyway. Sister insisted that I make one more batch so she could have one.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Dec-2009/36241-winterrose.jpg

In my garden this morning. What a beauty. I need to do some trimming and then some fertilizing and a big handful of compost. Need to start getting these things back in order.

susme48
12-26-2009, 01:20 PM
Morning all!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Following suit with the very first Chrismas Bob and I spent....I hurt myself on Christmas Eve, but at least I did not make them endure 8 hrs in the ER forced to watch A Christmas Story endlessly repeated all night. :lol:

This time it was the dogs fault...they decided to try and kill each other again....sigh! (now we are faced with the choice of who we keep) I heard them fighting and went running out of the house like I was 20....down the steps in two bounds around the backs of the pick up trucks, down a small hill, grabbing a big stick on the way, and I was there...I swung the stick while screaming at them to stop...discovered a root and rolled the rest of the way down the hill. I got them separated, with Bobo's help...he kept barking and attacking each one alternately....somehow he knew what they were doing. Then they stood there and cleaned each others wounds with tails a'wagging. I caged them both till Bob got home.

I have felt like an idiot ever since because I can barely walk, having apparently pulled/strained the muscles and tendons on the inside of my right hip. Once I am up, I can shuffle around ok, but getting up is not easy. Bob and Bubba have graciously been my helpers....and fussers....for the last day and a half...which has been nice. I feel totally stupid, for hurting myself...but such is life, I suppose...or at least mine. Too bad we don't have outdoor video cameras....I am sure it would be hillarious to watch!

We had a nice quiet Christmas...just a small one....our neihbor came over in the am, and then back again for dinner. "We" watched the new Harry Potter movie ...tho' mostly I dozed....and then went to bed early.

In the afternoon, I pained a bit...it's in the WOYE thread...enjoying it thoroughly. It was not what I intended...but one of Howard's fall photo's took ahold of my thoughts.

Hope all have a wonderful day!!

ribeyedsmile
12-26-2009, 03:08 PM
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sciencenow/0302/02-catc-flash.html

noodle1
12-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Good late afternoon everyone,

Oh Sue you sure took a chance there girl not to mention you haven't been walking all that well in the first place. What a way to get to paint..maybe a nice soak in a tub will help today, just relax kiddo and I hope you feel better.
Hugs

LOL Bret I almost feel the same way. I made a lot of food yesterday but it was all kind of a blur when I sat down to eat it..haha

Michael right, I have no memory...neat link but I'll have to go back to it, I
have no attention span today..haha

Hope everyone else had a glorious day. Ruthie that is some weather you had going, Bell it decided to do some freezing rain here round six, today it's just raining and cold. I'm pooped so I'm just being very lazy today.

I have no left overs..lol one very big Beef Tenderloin and 11 lb ham and nothing is left of either one..haha dinner may be cookies and cheesecake..lol

Probably won't get away with that so guess I should go see what I got to work with..haha Carol I loved "the" cat..thank you. Have a good rest of the day, will see you tomorrow to start a new week.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

YLCIA
12-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Happy Holidays for everyone! Kind of late for Christmas, he-he, sorry, was busy... I do not have to worry about dinner tonight as we are going to a restaurant and a nice one at that as today is our anniversary: 39 years...

God, I am old!:eek: :evil: :angel:

Julia