PDA

View Full Version : Baie Saint Paul - Quebec' Canada

aspenman
12-06-2009, 12:48 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Dec-2009/193926-Baie_St._Paul-Quebec_Canada.JPG
My wife and I love Quebec' Canada especially the Old City. Another wonderful area is Baie Saint Paul (Bay Of Saint Paul.) If winters were not so harsh, we would live in Old Quebec City. We actually considered moving there B4 we came to Santa Fe NM.
This was done from my reference photos taken on a Xcty ski/vacation trip one February. When we lived in Maine, we would go to Old Quebec every chance we got.

Acrylic on gessoed masonite 11 x 14

OkeeKat
12-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Love this Dick!!!
Looks just like a Christmas card!!
you should print it out onto cards and use it!!
Great work!

RPut
12-06-2009, 01:43 PM
I really like this too! Love the colors and the snow.
Why do they have ladders on the roofs? Just wondering.

aspenman
12-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Thanks Kathie. If only Old Quebec was not so cold and the winter soooooo long. Sometimes when XCTY Skiing we would encounter 15 BELOW ZERO weather!! One year it was so cold we could only ski 2 out of 7 days but that was ok as we toured a whole bunch of galleries and of course restaurants!!! The art work there is just wonderful - so colorful and full of life. The Canadians know how to live!!!
Going back for a 10 day Vacation this coming October.

aspenman
12-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Rput - the ladders are on the roofs so they can shovel off the snow - they get a tremendous amount of snow. We have actually seen roofs cave in from the weight!! On roofs with much less of a pitch, we have seen people using snowblowers. Most roofs have ladders attached also ice barricades along the edge of the roof, so the ice/snow will not slide down and kill some one!!!

Lot of metal roofs up there and yes they are as colorful as in the painting - those are the actual color of the roofs on the houses I photographed.

LavenderFrost
12-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Beautiful!

aspenman
12-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Thank you LavenderFrost.

arl
12-07-2009, 05:48 AM
Wonderful. I love the colours, composition and the snow.

purplepansey
12-07-2009, 07:30 AM
I really like the scene, it would make a nice Christmas card and were I to receive it, it'd be a keeper. I can feel the cold even though I love the look of the snow.

noodle1
12-07-2009, 09:35 AM
I love Old Quebec too and this is just wonderful. Love the feel and the colors and the snow falling, fantastic!

Elaine

aspenman
12-07-2009, 10:01 AM
Thank you arl, Purple and Noodle1. We still think of living in Old Quebec - at present we are thinking about living there for 6 months to one year to see what it really feels like. Medical is the biggest problem - oh well - where there is a will there is a way. I'd like to rent a place in the Old City or across from the Plains of Abraham!