PDA

View Full Version : Quick Dry Cafe 12/6-12/12

noodle1
12-06-2009, 08:51 AM
Rise and shine, another new week at the cafe....
Lots of coffee and donuts here, juice and goooood company.

Raymo you and Oz:heart: and that mistletoe....:lol: but Raymo my man the back pocket ain't working for me, no way I'm kissin' your...:eek: :lol: :lol:

Morning Howard hope the rain stopped, Kim, Kat, Shrl, Shirl, Patti, Sue, Mary, Carol, Kathrin, Bell, Dee, Ruthie, Kathy, Kathie, Robert, all the gang.

It's sooo beautiful out, someone did all the decorating for me! LOL and better then I could ever do..haha Sun is shining and the snow is glistening. Not that cold so I'm thinking it probably will melt fast tho.

See ya all later,
Hugs,
Elaine

PattiLou
12-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Yikes, Elaine, you don't have to worry about the cold... I found it down here... and I will send it back post haste.:lol:

Morning everyone, pancakes here for breakfast and then chores. Now loafing... the best part other than playing.:p This afternoon we have to go help celebrate my son-in-laws birthday. I know we are having steaks on the grill, yum!

idylbrush
12-06-2009, 10:45 AM
Sun is shining this morning and it is quite bright out. A lovely day. Temperatures are still a bit on the chilly side but I can live with that. I almost got a good nights sleep last night which is a welcome relief.

My cold has decided to come back and do a little visit again. This thing seems to be harder to get rid of than a squirrel in the attic.

I am trying to get things in order so I can go up to my sister's place and pick up my orchids. Not having luck so far. She is enjoying all the blooms that are out right now. One of the things I have wanted to do is set up a hanging system for the orchids on the back side of the house. It also requires that I set up a bit of shade as well. A simple pergola would probably do the trick but I just haven't been able to get to it yet.

Holiday company arrives at the end of the week and will be here for about 2 1/2 weeks. Fortunately they stay in a hotel, sometimes life is good.

Need to spend part of today getting the house in order. Thinking about having someone come in and clean the carpets. Just the living room and dining room. Then I have to strip the vinyl floors and get them back in shape. The next biggie is getting a big bag of donations up to the Goodwill. Mostly things from the closet.

Considering recycling some of my canvases. If they haven't sold by this time I doubt that they will and they really could reuse them for other projects. Always makes me nervous. I guess that's part of the dilemma.

Next Saturday is take in at the gallery to replace a few things have been there for several months. We'll probably deliver five new works.

Hope everybody has a great Sunday morning. Not sure if I'm going to have biscuits or pancakes this morning. Although biscuits and gravy sound enticing.

More later!

OkeeKat
12-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Morning all!!
Hi Elaine, thanks for the Juice!

Pancakes sound good Patti, thanks but will pass... had some left over ambrosia and juice! wanna finish this last bit of tweeking on my painting!

Howard, glad you got some sleep last night! Hope you get the house in order, guests are fun, especialy when not staying with you!:lol:
Hate to see you recycle your work!! Send them to me! I love your work and would buy some if I could afford to!!:lol:

ohh its a bit chilly here too!! Piper still wearing his little tshirt.. gota get you a photo of it.. cute.. Mommas boy it says.. so true.
his hair is coming in more now.. but still he doesnt like the cold, he's curled up in a little ball in his bed, every chance he gets, between following me around the house!

:lol: good one Ray, sorry not gona go there! Thats Teenas Job!!
Later all! Have a good day...
off to finish the painting and then to go visit with KCM!!!

Lady Carol
12-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Morning all. I got up late and am slow to get going. I have to finish the tree today, we have electricity :clap: so that should be an easy feat, and have to work on my painting. It is due in about 2 weeks so I had better knuckle down and get it done. Now for more coffee.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Dec-2009/11811-125378-mornincoffee.gif

Carol....Kathie....Noodles....I have a sprig of mistletoe in my back pocket for you three :mad:.

Haha, you weirdos....:lol:
Raymo my weirdo man... that would be poison ivy you have in your back pocket :eek::lol: .....weirdo!!!

eyepaint
12-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Happy Sunday! Brrrrr!

idylbrush
12-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Didn't have the ingredients to make biscuits and gravy so made crepes with nutella instead. Very tasty.

In

RPut
12-06-2009, 02:07 PM
Hi Friends!
Bright and Sunny here with a new thin layer of snow. We still don't have much, just barely covering the grass. If we get a warm spell it will all be gone.

Yesterday's goal of cleaning didn't pan out (I am really good at being lazy) so gotta get to the rest today. then will finally get the Christmas things out.

Bought a domain for my website. Not sure if that will help, but thought I'd give it a try. Still doesn't come up when I google myself or just put in fine art by .... Still so new at this so will have to do some investigating!

Need to get myself motivated today! Oh, and big game tonight! Vikings gotta WIN!!!

Lady Carol
12-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Still doesn't come up when I google myself or just put in fine art by ....
did you publish it?

RPut
12-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Yes I'm pretty sure. Should I do it again?

Okay, I went and added a few more meta words and I'll try that.

susme48
12-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Morning all!! Just a quick peek in before I head out to the last day of the show. I sold another painting...whoo hoo!! My head might swell now! Cold as heck here...but no snow...all around us, but not here! Went to the Water Valley Christmas parade yesterday...so much fun...Bubba had a ball!!

All in all, a really great day!! Since I made very little last year, it did not take much to catch up...so far I have made 2.5 times last year...the one yesterday was a larger painting...blew my mind....was the last one I expected to sell!! Actually both of them were.

Sorry I did not get in yesterday....I have pics of the parade but they are not ready to post yet....but here' my little corner...

This is as you come in the door...lots of light in the daytime (but soooo dark and cavernous at night.)

Here's a couple dif angels and a straight on shot...

Catch you all later!!

biddlebeach
12-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Susan! your set up looks great! congrats on your sales! Hope you do as well as or even better today!
Worked on my order from yesterday a bit today, worked at the motel too, got dinner in the oven. would just as soon take a nap before bed,, LOL

Raymo
12-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Raymo my weirdo man... that would be poison ivy you have in your back pocket :eek::lol: .....weirdo!!!

Kiss my grits....hahahehe :lol:

Lady Carol
12-07-2009, 12:02 AM
...what kiss your lips....eeeeeuuuuuuuuwwwwwww

susme48
12-07-2009, 03:02 AM
Will hopefully have more energy in the am!! Sold one more....so I am 3 for 3...one a day! Better than I have ever done!! Funny it was sort of small 5x7, medium 8x10, and large 16x20. Had a number of people who actually sought me out to tell me they liked my work...blew my mind...and had one couple who looked at the Some Beach one for quite awhile. It was a pretty successful show...tho' some did not do as well as others. Had been a number of shows since I sold anything....so this sort of restored my self worth a bit!!

Well I am so tired I can barely see straight! See you in the am!! Unless Bob takes over my pc...:lol: He is leaving tomorrow as far as we know....was a really great long weekend!! Fun was had, and Bubba was the joy he can be sometimes...wonderful family time! Plus some good me time...and some good just Bob and Bubba time which should help!

Have a great evening...what is left of it!!

biddlebeach
12-07-2009, 07:47 AM
Yay Susan!!
I also have people who say,, wow, you are wonderful, I love the " you should open up your own store" like,, yeh,, right?
I don't have enough to do,, and I sure am not gonna make enough money on this crafty stuff to keep said store open!
and then, they walk away without buying anything!

PattiLou
12-07-2009, 08:27 AM
Yay Susan!!
I also have people who say,, wow, you are wonderful, I love the " you should open up your own store" like,, yeh,, right?
I don't have enough to do,, and I sure am not gonna make enough money on this crafty stuff to keep said store open!
and then, they walk away without buying anything!
Aww, Mary, it doesn't mean they don't like or want your stuff. I see things when I go to shows that I would like to have but am unwilling to part with the money, I'm sure others are the same way. Lots of people are watching their savings carefully... especially us retirees. What we have is it... there is no more coming in. Can't you put things in your shop and sell them from there?

Way to go Susan:thumbsup: Glad you are on a roll and your "self" is restored. Your display looked good.

The birthday steak was good last night... so was the company. My daughter had old picture albums out going through them with my grandson. He kept laughing at some of the 60's pictures. I'll have to admit some of them were pretty funny looking, but I teased him and said just wait untill you get older and people look at your pictures. It was fun.

I have a meeting this afternoon... don't know what else I will get into.

Have a great day.

noodle1
12-07-2009, 10:01 AM
Morning Everyone,

Hurray Sue way to go girl am so happy it was a great time had by all!!

Mary I agree with Patti, not wanting anything has nothing to do with it, money is always an issue or can be for some. Even some established artist friends I have are saying they are selling less.

Well a good good morning to Howard, Raymo, Robert, Shrl, Shirl, Patti, Kathie, Mary, Dee, Sue, Oz :heart: , Carol, Kim, Kat, Kathy, Kathleen if you're peekin' in, Kathrin, Ruthie, EP, hmmm did I leave anyone out. Brain dead already and it's only 9am..LOL

Not going near a brush today, think sitting too long is playing games with my neck and back, time to go be productive bout Christmas and stretch this old body out..lol Larry home so am going to get him to move stuff around for me, like a vaccum cleaner LOL Bright and beautiful and cold, good day to stay inside. Hope everyone has a wonderful day, will catch up with you all later...and fresh pot of coffee on and some sweet rolls too..and oh yes juice.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

RPut
12-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Good Morning Friends!
I took the day off!!:clap: Put the tree up and will finish decorating and clean up. Need a trip to Menards, meet Rob for lunch, and hopefully bake this afternoon!
Yeah! Susan! Congrats of the Sales! That's thrilling! Mary, you had success too! And yes, make a little corner of your things in the shop! Elaine, sounds like we will doing some of the same things! Only no one hear to lug the boxes around. I'll give Lar a hollar when I need him, k? lolol
Hey Patti, we had steaks too! Yum.

Hello to everyone to come!!!

*dee*
12-07-2009, 12:11 PM
G'mornin'! :wave:

What a weekend! :rolleyes: I did not have to go to the Christmas party though! :clap:

Hopefully today we will have the drug screening results back from the latest potential employee! She has worked for the boss before (had to move away for a while), so she should be an easy one to train. So I'm optimistic that I will be back to my 4-day workweek...this week! :smug:

We were so busy at work, but I'm still glad it was that & not the trip to Texas for the company party. The boss took her daughter in my place, and the boss' car broke down just as they were setting out to return home! Her s-i-l & a friend had to drive there with a trailer and haul her car back. They didn't get back in town until late last night. Whew...I dodged that bullet! :lol:

I am having a devil of a time shaking this "cold" I've got....actually has turned into bronchitis. Its really draining my energy....every time I slow down, I feel like crashing! :lol:

Oh, gotta share this....
Last night I was looking for something that I obviously put in a "safe place". :rolleyes: And I found $100 that I stashed last year about this time! It was money I had earmarked for some "incidental" gifts! I had forgotten all about it! :lol:

I wonder how much other money I've got stuck into little "hidey-holes" around here??? :confused:

But I didn't find the item I was originally searching for....guess I can just go out & buy another! :smug:

biddlebeach
12-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Dee,, love found money like that! yippee! and so happy you didnt have to go to the dreaded party and get stuck out there to boot! whew!
sorry you are still sickly,, I am knocking wood here, nothing for me yet,, whew! hope I dont get it either!

I am not whining about not selling stuff, I am just stating the facts.. I was quite happy with what I as able to make, considering my prices were 10 and under except for my slates.. most were $5 and $1. So I did get rid of alot of stuff, and I plan on taking stuff up to the shop and displaying it for sale. will see h ow that goes.
really got to get to the studio and work more on those Christmas balls the gal wants me to make,, so, till later then!

oh, it was 19 degrees this morning for our walk,, brrrrrrr
and Princess did great!

Shirl Parker
12-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Too late for good morning, so Hi Elaine, Ruthie, Dee, Mary and those yet to come.

noodle1
12-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Oh Mary by no means did I think ya was whining. :heart:

Dee now that's what I call treasure...LOL

Should be thinking about dinner, thinking I'm hungry and who can I get to make it tho..haha Got the front door done but not much inside, it's clean tho, that should last about er half an hour at best..haha. Think I'm going to go out tomorrow and check out the local nurseries, I'm so into real this year..haha
let's see how into I am when I got twigs and all the needles are embedded in the rug..haha Planned out a menu so I did something, now to go order my
"crackers" for the table. Nope can't eat em..haha

Think I'll go ask the old man if he'd like to go out to eat...:eek: You'll probably hear his answer wherever you are..haha but it's worth a try.

See ya later,
Hugs,
Elaine

Raymo
12-07-2009, 04:51 PM

She IS a whiner or is that weiner....:lol: Haha, just kidding, i'll be here all week.

PattiLou
12-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Elaine
Ditto what Elaine said... didn't pick up any whining, just plain facts.:lol: :heart:

Meeting wasn't too bad. A lot of people didnt show up so the complaining was kept to a minimum.:evil:

Having leftover chili for supper tonight... sounds like a good plan to me and that way I don't have to cook, just heat and eat!:D

idylbrush
12-07-2009, 05:34 PM
As usual I see the banter never ends.

I have been running nonstop since 630 this morning. Had to go to the market and get some things done there than to the home supply into another market because I can find some products I was looking for and onto third market and finally a fourth market before I got everything I needed. Came home just in time to realize I had a dentist appointment. I made it by two minutes. Things seem to be settling down in the tooth department considering all the things that have happened to my bones and my teeth in the last year that's pretty good. Got home in time to work a little bit more on obtaining and now it's 430 and I think I'm going to call it a day. May come back work a little bit more on the piece I'm working on now but that's the fun part of the day. Still working on rearranging the studio and not making much progress, at least not much good progress. Can't get to my supply cabinets at the moment which has to change soon. So much of it is just getting things organized and I'm having a hard time doing that this year. Eventually it will work out. Spent part of the day trying to figure out which campuses I'm going to repurpose. Never an easy job! Next is to start working on cleaning the house for company. I have to strip wax the kitchen floor and the entranceway and then clean the carpets throughout the house. The next few days are going to be very busy.

biddlebeach
12-07-2009, 06:01 PM
She IS a whiner or is that weiner....:lol: Haha, just kidding, i'll be here all week.
I am a wiener lover,, LOL
I got this in my email today and loved it, thought, why didn't I think of this?!?!?!
a great new Christmas Decoration!

Lady Carol
12-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Can I join in on the whining? Students Ugggh again. A different student this time. I bet they will be glad when today is over and they can all run off home.

objectivistartist
12-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Heh heh - that ought to bring the cops some time :eek::lol::lol:
got to 77 here this afternoon!! :eek: and sunny, finally... :D
[and for supper, cooking Italian chix qtrs [w/herbs and garlic], mixed veggies, and soy sauced rice... ought to fill me good...:smug:]

noodle1
12-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Mary...LOL fraid that would not be a consideration for me. I still can't get over my neighbors across the street that turned their inflatable santa and reindeer one in the wrong direction..literally as Santa popped up from the chimney, he was mooning traffic...LOL Haven't seen him this year maybe good taste has settled in..naw probably got a hole in it..hahahaha

Wow Howard you are a man who has done much and has more to do!

Hey Robert, hmmm that sounds pretty darn good.

Carol sorry bout that, and you know that student will go home and whine bout you right..haha Have a better night. Hugs

I had fun today, er shopping. I've always loved setting the Christmas table and I found my crackers, tartan plaid. They're what we'd call poppers, filled with silly games and things and a paper crown, from the English side of my family..teehee Everyone has so much fun with them it's become a tradition.
And found these little guys...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Dec-2009/139027-Chocolate-cups.jpg

White chocolate and chocolate cups, so cute..haha I also found a bottle of Cask and Cream Chocolate Temptation. Aromas of chocolate syrup, caramelized nuts, golden raisins, and delicate spice, a creamy mildly sweet medium-full body and touch of dry sour cherry. Finishes with a long, melted toffee, cream, brandy, and spice fade. It's a Liqueur and I'm going to pour it over something that I put in the cup, have to figure that out yet....LOL Now I'm getting in the mood..lol Lori found a new butcher close by so going there, I've really missed being able to go to the butcher shop and get what I actually want.
Been a good day...LOL

Patti chili sounds goood, it's cold and that's when it hits the spot, I did a quickie and broiled a steak..haha NO he wouldn't go out to eat..LOL

Well guess maybe I should paint a bit, unless I get shopping again..haha

Hugs,
Elaine

biddlebeach
12-07-2009, 08:33 PM
hehe, Elaine, those chocolate cups look great, whatever you put in em!

Love the guy hanging for his life, dang, still wish I would have thought of it,,

biddlebeach
12-07-2009, 08:39 PM
isn't she so cute? teehee

OkeeKat
12-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Hi all, had 2 dr appts this am and then worked all day.
didnt get much sleep last night went to bed at 3 and up at 6.. very tired.. ran out soon as I got done showering and dressed this am.

Hope to catch up on some posts.. gota get started on my next two commissions.. need then before christmas.. then one large portait.. 4 people!!! oh yeah and another dog portait thrown in there too!!
so hope to reply to posts as soon as possible.

Princess is precious!!
Later all need every waking minute to paint!

howyadoin
12-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Starting to look at logistics for my book-launch party in January. Would it be tacky to charge for drinks?

noodle1
12-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Hi Bret,

I've seen it done where there is one or two bar items that are basically courtesy of the house, then anything outside that is paid for by those attending. Generally it's wine that pours freely, depends on the crowd as well I have seen beer offered too. Wouldn't call it tacky at all to charge because it can run up quite a tab otherwise, but if it's possible then maybe have the wine & a non alcoholic beverage courtesy of the house and any other drinks of choice paid for by the individuals. Depends how big it is too.

Elaine

noodle1
12-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Well actually came in to say goodnight and hit the button too quickly.
Yes Mary princess is a cutie..teehee.
Hi Kathie, you have some schedule girl...

Okay nite nite all, see ya in the morning.

Hugs,
Elaine

howyadoin
12-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Hi Bret,

I've seen it done where there is one or two bar items that are basically courtesy of the house, then anything outside that is paid for by those attending. Generally it's wine that pours freely, depends on the crowd as well I have seen beer offered too. Wouldn't call it tacky at all to charge because it can run up quite a tab otherwise, but if it's possible then maybe have the wine & a non alcoholic beverage courtesy of the house and any other drinks of choice paid for by the individuals. Depends how big it is too.

ElaineThat makes a lot of sense. Thank you.

RPut
12-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Evening all.

Mary I'm still chuckling. that is such a funny display! Elaine, love the chocolate cups. They are sooo pretty.

Well, back to kids for me tomorrow! Hopefully they weren't too awful for my sub today!

Going to the studio for a little session. Good Night All!

dances_with_oils
12-08-2009, 12:26 AM
Hi Folks:

Bret, the trend here is to charge a small fee for drinks and food. The show I was at over the weekend advertised a Vienna coffee and torte for 6 dollars. The patrons gladly paid it.

One other way of doing it you could for the purposes of your event have a private bar and serve wine that you had made for the occasion. It would depend on the locale and the provincial licensing (We made a fab amarone and got 26 bottles for 100.00 and for a private event the licensing would be the same as a wedding or bar mitvah that served alcohol). It takes about 6 weeks to do up an order of wine.

Mary, Princess is such a cutie. I have some good news - lovely Bridget might be coming home with us for Christmas. We have to arrange a day to meet her (she's being fostered in the city about 2 hours away) and then if she likes us, we might be able to take her home with us. Fingers crossed, I hope she likes us. We will have to change her name as we have a family member with the same name - hubby has picked out Branwen - it means white raven. Which is great because she's a white collie and I'm from the Raven Clan. This is her (http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=15022624)

No sign of the soon to be ex son in law relenting to allow the children to travel here for Christmas. We had to mail some of the gifts today that we got for the children as I fear we won't be seeing them.

I was at a fabulous demo this weekend and I got to meet Rheni Tauchid. She is a lovely person and terrific artist who really does know her paints and mediums. I got to play a little with some liquid mirror and it blew me away. Rheni gave me a hint to use it as an underpainting instead of white as it really makes the glazes pop in the reflections. She also showed me a colour mixing that I've been quite frustrated of late to get right. Two pigments later and I had my colour! I am totally hooked on the tri-art paints. My husband and I also met the CEO of Tri-art and had a great conversation on the production of the paints, the testing and research and development. I guess for me, being a Canadian, and having this wonderful factory nearby and the resources to assist me should I have problem with something is just fantastic. I left Kingston motivated, inspired and energised thanks to Rheni.

Mary, Susan congrats on your successfuls shows.

OkeeKat
12-08-2009, 12:35 AM
Susan, congrats on the sales, you set up looked great!!
Mary, I too had that same problem, people comment and comment and walk away.. oh well such is the times!
Elaine, Those look soooo yummy!!
Howard, glad things went well at the dentist! Hope you get all things in order before your guests arrive this week!
Bell, ohh I'm so excited for you!! She surely is gorgeous!

We have all our boxes of christmas decos on the back porch, Brought out of storage yesterday, haven't found the time to look thru them and see what I realy want to put out and keep.

Hi and hugs to everyone else, sorry if I overlooked anyone.. read quickly thru the last 2 pages finaly.

Gona call it a nite rather then do anymore painting, need sleep,
will work diligently tomorrow eve! long busy day at work in the morning!
Later all!

Shirl Parker
12-08-2009, 12:39 AM
Hey Mary, do you have a famous dog? :thumbsup:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Dec-2009/113427-CCF07122009_00000.jpg

noodle1
12-08-2009, 10:12 AM
LOL Perfect Shirl..good morning!

Good Morning to Everyone else too, gotta get moving this morning so just popped in to say coffee on counter, juice in fridge and lots of things to eat if you feel like making it...LOL

Runnin' day but I will see ya all later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

*dee*
12-08-2009, 11:30 AM
G'mornin' :wave:

Its a gray, drizzly day here, but not as cold as it has been. Coffee's on, so help yourselves! I'm gonna do a little painting before I have to get ready for work. I'm hoping this is my "Friday"...but we'll see.

idylbrush
12-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Guess today is the clean the kitchen floor and the carpet day. YUK!

Have company coming on Friday and need to spruce things up a bit.

biddlebeach
12-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Shirl,, yeh, that sure looks like her!! COOL!
didn't do anything really exciting today, but work,, sigh,, gotta pay the bills,,

Hope everyone is doing well, hope to check in tomorrow,,
Oh, I did get all my leftovers set up today at the shop,
maybe I can sell some of them,,

OkeeKat
12-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Hello all!!
QUick hi and off to paint the horse some more this eve.
Dee, surely hope your feeling better!
Howard, hope the rugs and floor look and smell great!!
Mary, good luck on the sales at the shop! Yup she surely is a famous doggie!!
Bell, hope you get the little sweetie!
Hi and hugs to everyone else!!
Later all.

Raymo
12-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Hope my paints dont turn into ice cubes. This 14 degree stuff isnt cuttin it....:mad:

Goodnight Noodles.

noodle1
12-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Hi Everyone,

Howard I think we need a maid..all of us..LOL

Hi Kathie, gonna do a "horse of a different color" or regular kind..teehee

Bell I do hope you and the dog hit it off and it's a match made in heaven.

Hi Mary, Dee.

Went after some candy canes today and I found Hersey's Chocolate Mint ones, never saw those before so I bought a few to test out....LOL Seemed like a long day today, only whizzes by when I want to paint..haha Just saying goodnight...

Nite Raymo my man, dang cold here too!

See you all in the morning, sleep well.

Hugs,
Elaine

*dee*
12-09-2009, 01:45 AM
Still feel like crap! :( As long as I take the "Mucus Relief" tablets every four hours its not too bad...but I'm notorious for NOT sticking with a schedule! :o
The cold air really gets me to wheezing.

But this has really caused me to cut down even more on my smoking. In the past 7 days I have only smoked 2 packs of cigs! Usually I smoke 3. (And NO, I shouldn't quit....I like smoking, I enjoy every one of the nasty things. :evil: )

I was hoping that I wouldn't have to work tomorrow....not the case. :crying: The woman we JUST hired (hasn't even worked a single training hour) has a very sick 7 yr old child. She's been in the hospital the past two days...the doctors have decided the little girl has staph in her lungs! :eek: How does THAT happen??? Anyway, please send out good thoughts for the little one! My having to work an extra shift a week is NOTHING compared to sitting by a sick child's bedside. :wink2:

OkeeKat
12-09-2009, 08:50 AM
quik hi and bye.. off to work.... /yawns!

dances_with_oils
12-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Morning folks on this cold, snowy and blustery day. We got socked with a storm overnight and had to fire up the snow blower just to get out of the driveway. It's still snowing so we'll have to do a second or maybe even a third pass before nightfall.

I finally got my tree up last night. The living room looks like a jumble sale of Christmas decorations has hit. Can someone remind me why we collect shedloads of dust collecting bits and bobs year after year? Every year I seem to have to buy another plastic bin to get them all put away. I swear I only buy one tree ornament with the year's date on it... where does this stuff come from? This may be right up there with the sock and metal coat hanger mysteries (my theory is socks metamorphosize into wire coat hangers somewhere between the wash and spin cycles.)

Howard, hope the house cleaning is going well... I feel your pain as I will have to be doing the same thing come spring when we put the house on the market.

Dee, hope you are feeling better soon.

Carol, have your students started to get that "oops,I should have kept up with the class instead of cramming the night before because I partied all term" look?

We're still trying to get a time where we can go see the dog. Now with the snow and roads conditions, it may not be for a while. :( As much as we hope that she can have a forever home by Christmas, it might not be feasible to actually make it happen.

Well, I'm off to try and stuff the Christmas decorations back in their boxes.... send help if not heard from by 5pm... The tinsel may have me hostage....

*dee*
12-09-2009, 11:09 AM
G'mornin'! :wave:

Cold here this morning...but at least there's no snow! Coffee's on, help yourselves!

I'm gonna try to work on December's DiffStrokes for a bit. See ya!

idylbrush
12-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Managed to get the utility room floor cleaned and waxed and then moved on to the carpeting. The back porch indoor outdoor carpeting has been cleaned and swept, the dining room has been done and all the wear and tear paths in the living room are done. That may be enough for today.

I have mission cakes in the oven and I cooked up filling for an apple crisp. with company arriving on Friday and I figured I might as well get as much done as possible. I may take the time to make some spaghetti sauce later this afternoon. Trying to get as much done as possible before there arrive.

Started working on a book work this morning at five and didn't get very far unfortunately before other things interfered. Will have to get back to that yet this afternoon. I have the whole month of November to get entered. Shouldn't take more than a couple hours if I'm lucky.

The campus that I am repurposing seems to be coming together rather well. It has been a challenge since there were some three-dimensional goldleaf pieces in the original work which I didn't want to totally hide. So far it seems to be working out well.

Maybe later I can get to the studio and do some rearranging their, well actually more rearranging. My house while small seems to be stuffed these days. So on and on it goes, oh well!

Ozone
12-09-2009, 05:26 PM
My name is Sue - How Do You Do

Oz:)

-1BJfDvSITY&feature=related

dances_with_oils
12-09-2009, 07:00 PM
I liked his NIN Hurt dit much more...

Snowed in, roads suck and drivers are doing the "OMG it's snowing, I can't remember how to drive!" slides and skids down the street.

biddlebeach
12-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Took a friend on an anual Dr. apt. trip, so we had to hit Walmart,, spent all my money on Princess.. LOL
she got two new sweaters, here she is modeling one.. or snoozing in one,,

Raymo
12-09-2009, 07:37 PM

" Hey, quit checking out my buns "

noodle1
12-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Hey Oz..:heart: Haven't said this in a long time..."I'm listenin'"
Good ole Johnny Cash and I do like that song, makes ya bounce in your seat..haha

Hugs,
Elaine

PattiLou
12-09-2009, 07:57 PM
Snowed in, roads suck and drivers are doing the "OMG it's snowing, I can't remember how to drive!" slides and skids down the street.
Oh my Bell, not sounding to good. Best to stay inside and paint.:lol:

I went Christmas shopping today and was not very productive, can't find anything I am looking for, grr. Came out of the mall and there were several police cars, an ambulance and a firetruck. I'm wondering what was going on, I didn't hear anything when I was in the mall. So I drove on over to Pier 1 Imports and when I went to turn in the parking lot a police car was blocking the drive and parked behind a car so that it could not leave. Managed to get around him with some fancy driving, parked, shopped to no avail, came back out and the police car was still there??? Don't know what was going on there either, but he had two people out sitting on the curb. Went to Michaels and heard sirens all up and down the highway. Went to Wal-Mart and forgot half of what I was supposed to get.:o Came home where it is safe and crashed. I hate shopping anymore! Now I am going to have to drive south of town to the other mall to see if I can find anything. Maybe I will talk hubby into going with me so he can suffer too.:evil:

Done ranting, I feel better now!

biddlebeach
12-09-2009, 10:15 PM
lol at Ray,, she is a cute little wienie!

OkeeKat
12-09-2009, 11:18 PM
HELLO ALL!!
Came home after long day and computer not booting up!!! URGH!!
Painted for while, then when Joe came home went out to dinner and do an errand.. then been on the phone with Dell for an hr.. got it working and restarting no problem!!
Invested in an external harddrive.. should be here by the 15th!!! realy need to store my photos, reference, art.. and all my family and Mathew pics.. on something other then some CD's.. as I can't remember what I saved to previous files and which ones I didn't.. guess will be backing up on a regular basis!! /sigh..
ok behind on my horse painting, working on the background.. didnt like it enough so far to get photo of .. coming along better so will get one later this eve!

Love the sweaters Mary!
Hi and hugs to everyone.. sorry no indiv replies.. so behind.. have alot to do in little time.
Hugs..:wave:

*dee*
12-10-2009, 03:14 AM
Hi y'all!! :wave: I've got the next two days off...YAY!!! :clap:

Our "new hire" is still dealing with her crisis! Please think of her little girl (Lexi) in your prayers! Lexi is 11yrs old, in the hospital (in isolation), she evidently does have staph in her lungs...and she has had allergic reactions to every antibiotic they've tried on her so far. :eek: Earlier today the doctors told the mom that they had only one option left (and it is still somewhat experimental). And she was advised to get a hold of her ex-husband (who is in the service) and get him here ASAP. :crying:

My boss, and the corporate office, have made it clear that right now she needs to spend her energy & time with her daughter....her job will be waiting for her when she gets thru this.

idylbrush
12-10-2009, 07:13 AM
So, sleep is highly overrated anyway.

Just found a new company called innovative acrylics. They seem to handle specialty items in the acrylic field. Enough to capture my attention anyway.

So being the person that I am, I had to order a few items. They have a porcelain crackle medium and an acrylic asphaltum. Could be interesting. certainly will see where it leads.

I am slowly catching up on everything around the house. all the carpets have been cleaned and all of the vinyl floors have been stripped and waxed. A job I dread but it has to be done.

Managed to get another batch of fruitcakes made and have enough material to make one more batch.

I have been laying in the food supplies. My shelves runneth over. For some reason I am feeling pressed to lay in all sorts of food things. Not sure why but I'm going with it.

One of the things I need to do this winter is figure out how to store some of the framing materials that I have. I have beautiful frames but they won't be that way for long if I don't take care of them. Unfortunately my space is limited and I need as much working area as I can get. Puts me in quite a dilemma.

noodle1
12-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Howard I actually just stumbled over them the other day, even for me they caught my attention, sound cool. Hope you find a suitable solution to your dilemma, gotta say tho even with a lot of room still no place to put anything!
I'm always shuffle-n' stuff and reshuffle-n' it...haha

Hi Kathie, Kat, Kim, Sue, Bell, Mary, Robert, Raymo, Kathrin, Shirl, Shrl, Ruthie, Patti, Dee, Carol, Kathleen, all the gang and peekers in too.

Quick hello got to get this DS thing done so I can move on, so much to do and time is marching on...teehee. Going to try once again to get to Carol this Sunday, course we got snow forecasted so here's hoping it'll hold off.

Okay have a blessed day everyone, will maybe catch ya later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Lady Carol
12-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Good morning everyone, (Kathie, Kat, Kim, Sue, Bell, Mary, Robert, Raymo, Kathrin, Shirl, Shrl, Ruthie, Patti, Dee, Elaine, Kathleen) hope you have all had a good week so far. For me it has been busy as usual. I had to teach yesterday so of course lost my voice a bit by the end :rolleyes: It always happens for some reason. I guess realistically I do not talk all that much.

Tomorrow I am going to see a lawyer for a deposition. A small pharma that I do research for is suing a large pharma for breach of contract. It should be interesting to see what they have to say. The small pharmaco has a legitimate lawsuit. Should be very interesting to see how this turns out. It has to be tried in a court of law within 2 years.

We have just had a skylight installed in our kitchen this week. It has made a world of difference to the amount of light. I was surprised when I walked in the kitchen this morning. The bloke is here finishing up the last of the spackling. It looks really good. I just have to paint it on the weekend.

Shirl Parker
12-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Good morning Howard, Elaine, Carol and all to come. Nothing to say, just want to remind you that I am usually out here reading about your escapades!

dances_with_oils
12-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Morning everyone:

We're off to meet and pick up the little collie girl and bring her home for Christmas. I'm finding this rather weird as for all the time I've spent doing rescue, I harp on and on about NOT adopting at Christmas! And here we are doing exactly that. I guess the little difference is, we don't have small kids and it's not a puppy.

Carol, one thing my old prof at law school advised us to do was take a drama course that taught how to project your voice. He said when he first started out, he'd be in court talk, talk, talking all day and then talking on the phone, to clients and by the end of the week, he had no voice left. For a lark, he tried out for some community theatre and learned how to project without straining his voice. He said after that, he never lost his voice in court as he had quite robust vocals then. Out of all my profs, he was the only one that when you sat way up in the back of the lecture hall, you could still hear.

Still no word on whether the kids can come for Christmas. Our point of no return is tomorrow to mail off all their presents if they are to get there by Christmas.

I was glad that I prepared all the cookie dough earlier as now all I have to do is thaw it and pop them in the oven. Hubby has been hinting that the cupboards are bare of Christmas goodies...last night it was, "gee, wouldn't a nice piece of fruit cake have gone nicely with this wine?" Subtle...lol

idylbrush
12-10-2009, 03:45 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Dec-2009/36241-poinsettia.jpg

Found this at the garden center today and thought if a bit festive. Had to have one for the house.

Raymo
12-10-2009, 06:09 PM
I just have to paint it on the weekend.

I'll hold the ladder for you.

biddlebeach
12-10-2009, 06:58 PM
oh Belle!!! excited for you and your new little girl!! we thought the same thing,, but it is just us.. can't wait to see all the pics you post!!!

OkeeKat
12-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Hi all!!
Painted late last night and off to work this am without saying hi, sorry
Yup finally home, have to quik make dinner and paint more.. did post my background in woye.
Glanced over the page of posts..
Congrats Bell! I know she will be happy while staying with you! She is beautiful!!

Hugs and luv to everyone.. sorry being brief.. have alot to do!!
later all:wave:

noodle1
12-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Morning Everyone,

Coffee and juice here and very cold weather if ya want some of that too...LOL

Suppose to start snowing here later this morning and oh such a nice forecast for Sunday...:( 1 to 2"s of snow in morning changing to rain and snow mix, followed by sleet and freezing rain for evening into night, it's that just peachy..haha Best laid plans of mice and men again go astray...Plan B huff and puff and cry....LOL LOL

Bell :clap: very happy for you.

Hi Kathie, Shirl, Sue, Kim, Kat, Carol, Robert, Raymo, Howard, Ruthie, Patti,
Kathrin, Dee, Shrl, Mary, all the gang and the peekers in too!

Going to get out and back early before it starts to snow. Was suppose to take Jess shopping after school but that probably will not happen either.
Oh well not like I don't have a zillion things I could be doing inside. I still haven't decorated the house...haha and I really need to get this DS thing done LOL Slower then molasses..haha

Have a good day everyone, I'll catch ya all later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

idylbrush
12-11-2009, 09:56 AM
A tiny bit on the chilly side here this morning. Feels great. I like it.

Recently, we have had what is referred to as "killer fogs". in our area the fog can be so dense that you can only see a couple hundred feet ahead of you on the road. It is generally during this time of year that we will have major pile ups on the interstates sometimes involving 60 vehicles or more. Certainly a very dangerous thing. The Tampa Bay area has been blanketed in these fog's for the last couple days. While certainly beautiful they are also certainly dangerous.

Staying away from the easel for a few days. For some reason things are just not feeling right and I am not feeling good about what I'm doing. Best thing to do is stay away from It.

I was able to get the fountain started yesterday. Pretty good considering it's sat silent all summer long.

Last night for dinner I made a wild variation on stroganoff. I cooked up some ground beef and then added a bit of flour for thickening. I also cooked up a bit of pasta so that it was ready by the time the dish was ready. I then added a bit of universal seasoning which is a combination of onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. To the meat mixture are then added milk, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, and Gorgonzola. Let all the cheeses blend of melt together throw the pasta into the mixture and serve. Turned out very tasty.

Today I believe I'm going to try and plant the window boxes get them back in order. May also try and plant the two pots either side of the front door since the Chinese dogs wouldn't follow me home. Think it'll be very attractive.

Hope everybody has a great day and certainly everyone should have a great day at the easel.

OkeeKat
12-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Morning all!
Have a few errands to run today, and stop and see the client for my horse portrait. to confirm color etc.
Howard, Its a bit chilly here too..and yes the killer fogs been with us the past few days too.. unbelieveable how dense it is. with all the fields and waterways around us here, it took forever to disperse!!
Hope all is well and you enjoy your company arriving soon.

Inlaws arrive next weekend.. going to be doing decorating the house sunday and painting as much as possible today and tomorrow to finish up this horse portrait.

Dee, will keep your new hires' daughter in my prayers.. so sad!

Take care all and be well. have a great day! STAY WARM!!
will check in later.:wave:

Shirl Parker
12-11-2009, 12:44 PM
What's up with Susan, there haven't been any posts from her since late Sunday night/early Monday morning?

OkeeKat
12-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Susan probably has her hands full with Bubba, I hope thats all, or busy farming on facebook. Will keep a watch out for her there too. I too hope all is ok with her and family.

biddlebeach
12-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Hi guys! short day today,, whoot! soon as I am done checking in here, gonna go and finish up my Christams balls for an order, then I guess I better do the two pumpkin rolls I promised a friend,, sigh, I hate it when people Make you make promises that you don't want to keep... later kids!!
Belle?? news??
Susan?? hmm hope all is well...

Lady Carol
12-11-2009, 04:39 PM
I'll hold the ladder for you.
Hm! Don't think I trust you.

Lady Carol
12-11-2009, 04:44 PM
A tiny bit on the chilly side here this morning. Feels great. I like it.
A bit on the chilly side there eh? Well it is flipping cold here. Negative Celsius all day...ugghhhhhhhh!!!! Hate it. Just now I am wishing for a balmy sunny day in Sydney.

dances_with_oils
12-11-2009, 05:04 PM
We have to wait until Saturday to go meet the dog. But that's just a few short hours away...lol. We're going to go early so we can get back in daylight and if we need to run to the shops to get her anything we can.

Shopped, wrapped and parceled up all the grandkids presents and sent them off in the mail. I now have 200 dollar more reasons to want to drop the soon to be ex son in law off a cliff... his game playing has cost us oodles of coin on mailing the kids presents. If he had just come out back in Sept and said either way, we would have done it much earlier instead of waiting, holding out hope that they were coming. Karma man, karma is going to get him one day.

Baking cookies and hubby is hovering.... lol

Ozone
12-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Sometimes I paint too... when I am not utubing. lol. Tending toward oil painting now, so if your curious ?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=597010

gaykir
12-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Do you ever get nearly done with a painting and feel like you've run out of steam just before you finish!? Argghhhh...

biddlebeach
12-11-2009, 06:08 PM
yes.

noodle1
12-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Oz :heart: I love the simplicity and the colors. You did a fine fine job on that one, but I already knew you were talented with leaves..:wink2: you're one of the "tree gang".

Hi Gayle, yes indeedy.

Understand your frustration and anger Bell, sorry it is this way.

Dee have been praying for that little girl, got a few friends of mine to join in interceding for her too.

Carol trust Raymo..:eek: Nasty cold here today too, hubby worked on a roof all day installing a new unit, he came home "bluer then blue"..hate when it's this bitter cold. A balmy Sunday would work....:wink2:

Just popping in to say hi, put up some decorations finally, the rest I'll do tomorrow but for tonight back to painting. Got my wreath from Maine, it's really beautiful and double sided, nice and thick and it smells wonderful. Took it out of the box on the porch where UPS left it and hung it LOL I like easy...haha

Have a good rest of your day.
Will see you later.

Hugs,
Elaine

RPut
12-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Hi Ya Gang and Greetings to all.

It's finally Friday night!:clap: And I made it through the week. Was a tough one! You guys think it's cold? Ha! You don't know COLD!! The kids had to stay in all week. Our policy is if it's -15 they can't go out. So what does that tell ya! Yesterday it was -25 windchill. Then today its +25! That's ND for ya. You have to be prepared for anything. Temps can change 50 + or - in hours. So :clap: :clap: the kids were outside today! Wow what a difference.

Had one little guy today chewing gum this morning. Asked him to throw it out. A few minutes later--he's still chewing! I thought I asked you to spit that out! My bluff--if you have enough for all of us fine, but if not, please throw it out. Getting ready for recess, he's chewing AGAIN! Okay, if you chew gum again, the gum is mine to keep and I'll need to write a note home.....After recess, yup, he's smackin again!!! This time I searched his pockets and removed 2 more pieces and all the wrappers. A helper checked his back pack. Okay, we are done! Nope! He was chewing again on the way to lunch--more gum. You've got to be kiddin me!!! This time all I could do is laugh. I know I felt all his pockets--guess I missed one!

We are busy praciticing for a little music program for parents next Friday! All 3 Ks come to my room (60 kids) and Oh, my kids can sing pretty!

With the warm up today I went straight out when I got home to put up my little porch tree and some lights. Wonder if I will be done decorating by the time Christmas comes????

Ozone
12-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Thanks Elaine :heart: and Kathie. Thatís a new world in Still Life, youíre my support group and it is appreciated. Another new beginning it seems.

Lady Carol
12-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Baking cookies and hubby is hovering.... lol
Allow the poor man to have some. Put him out of his misery :lo:

dances_with_oils
12-12-2009, 02:22 AM
Allow the poor man to have some. Put him out of his misery :lo:

So when he asks, "Do these jeans make me look fat?" I can send him to you to respond? Right? LOL

Two more kinds to do and then I'm done. I want to do a shortbread cookie and a cinnamon raisin oatmeal. I made a cardamon snap cookie yesterday and they are just so yummy to dip in your tea to warm you up after a bout of snow shovelling.

I made the grandson some peanut butter cookies and mailed them off to him. He said he really, really loves them but his school won't let them bring any peanuts products to school. Since he'll be home for the break, he can fill up on the ones I made.

Ozone
12-12-2009, 02:26 AM
Thank you Ruthie and Carol, it is so good to have friends. Appreciate you both.

I wanted to thank you both here, and Carol I should answer your question in the SL section and will.

Lady Carol
12-12-2009, 08:38 AM
So when he asks, "Do these jeans make me look fat?" I can send him to you to respond? Right? LOL
Absolutely. I will smack him around and teach him the right way to respond to that question, which would be "honey, you look terrific in anything you wear"

PattiLou
12-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Thursday morning it was steamy and muggy. Went shopping and made some headway in that department... made Jon go with me so he could share in the 'exitement'.:evil: So, we came out of one store and it felt like summer, drove to Lowe's and it started raining. Got out of the car and wish I hadn't the temperature had dropped almost 20 degrees.:eek: Not steamy and muggy anymore.

Last night we went to a charity concert downtown (admission was a can of tuna), all bundled up for the cold and wind.... durn, forgot the umbrellas and it started raining.:eek: My son-in-law's band was playing so we stayed for that and then left. Had a hitchhiker on the way home... grandson wanted to come and stay overnight. Next we got caught up in the traffic letting out of the football stadium, finally made it through and my phone rang. Son-in-law wanted to know if we were very far away, he had given his truck keys to his son and they were in his pocket. Made a circle trip back downtown again to return the keys, then came home where it was warm and we watched a movie. Today it is warmer again, go figure!

Oz, I like your painting a lot.

Whole lot of baking going on and I am behind, need to get started. Everything sounds good though.

If I can get my grandson off the computer we are going to take him back home and go shopping south of town.

cya,

Ozone
12-12-2009, 11:01 AM
Hi Patti,

Thanks for attending my SL opening, it meant a great deal to me for you to comment. Really appreciate your opinion.

noodle1
12-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Morning All,

Coffee here and juice. Another bitter cold day, I just can't get warm and I'm inside..LOL

Cookies oh I haven't even started baking, and I'm not finished decorating yet either..haha I won't be able to really concentrate til I get that little painting done, so not good anymore with multi-tasking like you guys are.

So just a quick little hello to Kim, Kat, Kathie, Shirl, Shrl. Sue, Mary, Bell, Carol, Howard, Raymo, Robert, Ruthie oh my your gum chewer was obviously determined lol, Dee, Kathrin, Patti, Oz:heart: and Art if you're peeking in, say hello..lol hope everyone has a great day.

I'm going to get in gear, haha I say that everyday but then my gears slip..haha Catch ya all later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

OkeeKat
12-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Morning all!
Juice in hand, thanks Elaine, Going thru emails and posts.
Seems everyone is getting all decked out for the holidays now.. I will be doing that tomorrow!
working hard on my painting, Trying to get it just right.. realy bad reference photo, his color is darker then the photo but not realy sure which. Haven't had a chance to meet up with client yet to confirm color with other photos yet. so doing the best I can right now. /sigh coming along slowly.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm, is nice today, not as humid and slightly cloudy, about 75 now.

Felt good to sleep in till after 9:30!! Piper slept right along beside me!
bought his a christmas sweater in walmart, only one left.. but its a hair too short for his long body! think it was xs not small. oh well it fits though!
similar to the hooded one Mary got Princess.
Will get photo later!
Back to the easel now!
Cya all later!:wave:

Ozone
12-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Morning Elaine:heart: a little rum helps some.

Kathie, Hi ya!

biddlebeach
12-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Pics Kathie!!
Hi everyone! got tons done today, and still not even close to everything I wanted to gt done, now I have run out of steam,, sigh,,

idylbrush
12-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Belle, so how is the little girl? Got her home yet?

Got a great deal done this morning but this afternoon has been rough.

The new transfer paper and medium has arrived today. Not tried it just yet but it sure is going to be interesting.

Working on yet another video which should be finished tomorrow, or at least I hope it will be.

Ordered some new crackle medium and a new form of acrylic asphaltum which I am anxious to try as well. Should be here next week I think.

biddlebeach
12-12-2009, 07:29 PM
yes Belle,, we await your reply!!!
Hi Howard!

dances_with_oils
12-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Hi folks:

Well, it's a girl! 51 pounds, 21 inches high, brown eyes and a black nose.

She's soooooooooo scrawny! She needs a good 10-15 pounds and her beautiful collie coat is a mess from malnourishment and being spayed. No worries, I have it in the works to get her weight up and her coat whipped back into shape.

She's an adorable, sweet natured little girl with a gentle mouth, a butt wiggle that would put a hula dancer to shame and full of kisses. She's a little stressed over yet another move but all thing considered, she settled down for a nap and has already picked out her spots to lie.

I think she's younger than the two years they put her at, she's still a bit gangly and long legged to be a juvenile. I put her at about a year maybe 14-15 months. And oh my, her ears... they look like they are too big for her head... more like bat ears than dog ears...lol.

She's eating so that's one concern that doesn't have to be dealt with. I gave her some Bach's flower - Star of Bethlehem and she seems to be much calmer than she was earlier.

I took some pics earlier, and when I get them uploaded, you'll get a gander of her. She's good on the sit, down and come commands - the heel has to be worked on.

biddlebeach
12-12-2009, 08:19 PM
YAY!! Belle got a brand new doggie!!! whoot! can't wait to see her!

OkeeKat
12-13-2009, 01:50 AM
Hey all!!
WOOHOOO!!! YEAH BELL!! ohhh can't wait to see this sweetie!! Sounds like she has a good disposition and very gentle, Ohh my fostering is going to be hard to give her to a good home.. I'd get too dang attached too dang quick!!
Can't wait to see the photos of those.. bat ears!!:lol: a cutie she is!

Spent most of the day painting, fussing with colors on the coat and highlights and blending. still have to work on the head yet.

did go out for a bit this eve.. Christmas parade in town! Joe walked it with the Civil Air Patrol, then we went back to the hanger and had pizza!

going to paint just a little longer then bed.. as doing decos tomorrow!!
nite all!!