PDA

View Full Version : Question.

einna
12-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Hello to all:

i havve a question here.Is it allowed to post digital pastels here? I use both, normal and digital, it depends on a mood.

I post one of my sketches with digital hard pastel...so you could see...what i mean...how they look like and so on.. I am working on a virtual pastel paper otherwise am drawing as if i would with normal pastels.

Thanks so much for the response. :-)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Dec-2009/40899-Vlci_maky_Lettl...rev1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Dec-2009/40899-pstel_trying_z_artr_z_bpm.jpg

JPQ
12-03-2009, 03:21 PM
I think its not (but i not sure) and i like more upper picture. And this is based fact there is own area computer based works..

Kathryn Wilson
12-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Sorry, but no. There is a forum created specifically for digital paintings here:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33

I can appreciate the technique and effort involved in digital pastel and you've done a very nice job.

Deborah Secor
12-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Hi Annie and welcome to the Soft Pastel Forum. Yours is a question that comes up now and again, and as far as I know the Moderators have decided that your pastel needs to make some dust to qualify around here...

But I'm glad you shared your paintings, they're quite nice. Love the lively color in the second one. :)

Deborah

Phil Coleman
12-03-2009, 03:44 PM
I suppose it eliminates the risks attached to dust contamination and is much quicker to apply..

I often use photoshop for bringing various elements together prior to undertaking the painting. I can add people to street scenes or even inject obscure elements into the image to see how they all work together

Should you sell prints then it would be difficult to differentiate between those prints taken from actual paintings and those generated by computer.

Einna what program are you using to generate these?

einna
12-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Thank you all for the quick response. I think it takes time but the time will eventually come, when both will be excepted. Maybe in twenty years?:-)

Yes Phil, it is hard to recognise from my pictures which one is not digital...i do both as you say you do. Sometimes i paint leisurly on ma lap top ...no mess... no cleaning...it is very practical. Me, if the things are done as in the classical way... just digi pastel... so i do not see the diff. But....:-)

Phil, this is done in painter 8, hard pastel... and paper...nothing else. I do paint in oils also... and sketch ... you always have things what you need...heheheh... so... But i fully respect the policy of this forum and i will draw and paint just for my self...the first ones always have it hard....

Thank you and i wish you all a wonderfull day.

Annie

wiiawiwb
12-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Hi Annie and welcome to the Soft Pastel Forum. Yours is a question that comes up now and again, and as far as I know the Moderators have decided that your pastel needs to make some dust to qualify around here...

But I'm glad you shared your paintings, they're quite nice. Love the lively color in the second one. :)

Deborah

Uh oh. We're going to have to move the Pan Pastels discussion too then. :)

Kathryn Wilson
12-03-2009, 06:20 PM
Actually, Deborah, it is the policy of Wet Canvas that dictates that all digital art be placed in the Digital Art forum, not just pastels. There exceptions such as the WDE, critique forum and so on.

It was felt that digital art is a technique unto itself.

bluefish
12-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Kate

What is digital art and how is it performed?

'blue....' :confused:

Kathryn Wilson
12-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Another term would be "computer art" - some people use special software, some people use a Wacom tablet that is a computer-based drawing and painting device. These programs have different surfaces, brushes, texture, and effects they can use.

There may be other technologies that I don't know about - it's been a long time since I've created "computer art."

Deborah Secor
12-03-2009, 07:30 PM
wiiawiwb, all kidding aside, PanPastels aren't digital and make some dust, too.

And Blue, if you don't know about digital painting, I suggest you go over and look at the digital art forum where they will be more than happy to update you! There's a lot to see and much to learn.

Thanks for the clarification, Kat. I've noticed it in other forums, too.

Deborah

Jo Castillo
12-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Annie, you are welcome to sketch digitally in the Scavenger Hunts. We try all media. You find the Hunts in the "Artwork from Life" forum. Stop by and check it out.