PDA

View Full Version : Entering competition

cornwall
12-02-2009, 01:19 PM
I am considering entering the Artists magazine all media online competition but am not sure wether to enter with pet portrtaits or landscapes, i am not sure too sure if pet portraits are considered in these competitions, or wether a pastel landscape would be a better choice.Cheers Mark.

Donna T
12-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Is it possible to enter in more than one category, Mark? I wish you luck - it would be great to see you win!

Deborah Secor
12-02-2009, 02:55 PM
I think it has less to do with what subject you paint and more to do with entering the strongest paintings! In this case, since you enter by medium, not subject, I'd say it isn't critical. You have some great pieces to choose from, especially since it's purely digital and you don't have to ship a framed painting anywhere.

Here's the link, for those interested. You have until Dec. 10 to get it posted: The Artist's Magazine All-Media Online Competition (http://www.artistsnetwork.com/allmedia) The grand prize is $500!

Deborah

saramathewson
12-03-2009, 10:24 PM
I wish you luck! With your paintings, I would think you have a great chance of winning! You are a professional!!

Sara

granddad
12-03-2009, 10:55 PM
I would take odds that either one of yours would be greatly accepted and be a winner. Your landscapes and pet portraits are both Great!! Good luck. james