PDA

View Full Version : New Website

westcoast_Mike
12-02-2009, 01:07 PM
This is something I threw together recently. I'm sure it will get a bit of refinement as we go along. I would mind getting some feedback from some of you if you care to.

http://rmartstudios.com/

Donna T
12-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Nice website Mike! I enjoyed reading about you and Rosemary and looking at the beautiful work you both have done. It's always a plus to be able to click to see a larger image.

Dougwas
12-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Nice site, Mike. I like a site that is easy to navigate and the photos can be enlarged for better viewing.

The one thing I was left wondering; are the paintings for sale? I have seen some sites that don't list prices, but they state to contact the artist if you are interested in purchasing a painting. the "Contact Us" area on your site just asks if the viewer wants to know about upcoming shows and events.

Congatulations on the new site.

Doug

westcoast_Mike
12-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Good point Doug. I'll add that to the list of items I'm noting.

Donna - Thanks for taking a look. I'm glad you like it.

Kathryn Wilson
12-02-2009, 08:00 PM
Nice, easy site to get around. Good info on the artists and their backgrounds. Contact info form is good, but I agree with Doug, you need to let folks know about buying the paintings.

Paula Ford
12-02-2009, 08:31 PM
I like it Mike...very nice!

westcoast_Mike
12-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Thanks Kathryn, Paula - The feedback both helps and is encouraging

Colorix
12-03-2009, 11:32 AM
Hi Mike, like the site, it is nice, clean, easy to navigate. (Not having a pink busy background, no flash fancy stuff, none of those irritating things.) Just the artwork featured, very nice.

Only one thing: Your email addresses. To avoid crawling spam bots, it is better to write them as "embedded link" (I think it might be called), when you have the words "click here" and the 'here' is a link. (Or whatever word is suitable.) Some write the email addy without making it a link, so people have to copy/paste, and that seems to work fine too, but I'm of the opinion that the easier you make it for people, the better, while still taking care to protect oneself.

The google bots crawl everything! Including private messages... on another board, where I'm admin, and could see, and followed the IP to the end.

Charlie

westcoast_Mike
12-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Thanks Charlie - These are easy tweaks that I'm getting as feedback so far, but they do need to be done.

saramathewson
12-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Very nice website Mike!

It was nice to read about you and your wife:)

Sara

robertsloan2
12-05-2009, 03:04 AM
That's a nice easily navigated website and both of you have beautiful paintings. I liked the soft neutral tint background, it made the art really pop.

Another thing that would help would be if either of you do commissions, to make up a page with your commission rates. You can go "contact the artist" about the prices on the pieces shown, but ought to mention when one's sold so that buyers don't get disappointed to find out the one that grabbed them is what sold and look at what's still available. If you're selling or doing commissions that is.

Gorgeous site. I couldn't do that well, not without something to start from like the software that came with the hosting on my oil pastels site.

ElsieH
12-05-2009, 09:22 AM
:wave: Hi, Mike,

Oh, I feel like I just had a nice visit with you and Rosemary!

Great site and wonderful paintings by you both!:clap:

Thanks for sharing this with us!

westcoast_Mike
12-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Thanks Elsie

Robert, The site is being hosted by Intuit\Homestead. I built it using the software they provided. I would hate to try and do something like this with out some form of WYSIWYG program.