PDA

View Full Version : Emsy-pops

Jo_anna
12-01-2009, 08:03 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Dec-2009/129511-reszie_emma.jpg

Acrylic, wood, 38cm x 77.5cm!

Totally new style for me, im really wanting to try out all materials and techniques at the moment. Loved painting this and im pretty happy with the outcome.
I'm currently decorating my bedroom and used some polyfiller in there; i decided i wanted to test it on the wood/canvas. If you can see the "flower" type thing on the middle left thats what it is made out of. I dont particularly like that bit, but its all trial and error isnt it! :)

Will do a lot more of this style i think, great fun and lots of new things to try out with it!

Bring on the comments!

Thanks;
Joanna

OkeeKat
12-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Hi Joanna!
I realy like the face and hands.. almost an abstract look to it.. but dont like the way it runs off the canvas/board at the bottom.. kinda looks unfinished.
but thats just me.. the flower is a nice addition!

Georgi
12-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Looks great, Joanna. I do agree with Kathie...I think it would look so much better if the painting finished at the base of the arms/elbow, too.

But I do like it...well done.

Cheers,
Georgi :cat:

susme48
12-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Love it!! Amazing artist here in town 'finishes' some of hers that way too...usually the real emotional ones..as tho' the painting was bleeding and/or crying.

Intersting change for you, Joanna!

Jo_anna
12-03-2009, 07:45 AM
Thanks for youre helpful comments!
Ill take on board what you said :) Ill be trying a lot more in this particular style/series so ill give no-drips a go aswell!

/wave!

arl
12-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Terrific colours and modeling.

stephen wilson
05-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Beautiful work!

gaykir
05-23-2010, 01:02 AM
At first I may have agreed with the others about the bottom but after some more time to consider I've decided it works for me. I've seen a number of these "unfinished" paintings of late and I'm becoming enamored with the concept - it's rather as though the inspiration or concept is never ending....my feeling anyway. I like this a lot.

arl
05-23-2010, 05:52 AM
I love it. I have seen other artists who let their paint run off the support and I like the involvement with the art work.

ladypainter
05-23-2010, 07:07 AM
I really like this piece. The paint running down is a neat kind of look I have seen before. It really suits this painting and you have done an amazing job on it.Very creative .