PDA

View Full Version : rememberance

jackiesimmonds
09-11-2002, 03:19 AM
Just a brief word from me in the UK, to say commiserations on this most moving, dreadful anniversary which affected so many .

Jackie

gmc
09-11-2002, 07:00 AM
Thank you, Jackie!!! My daughter is a survivor of that dreadful event.

geri

maverick
09-11-2002, 08:19 AM
We stand here with you all. I probably won't be watching very much if any TV coverage of the anniversary today. I can play out the sequence of events that day in my head, with images. It sickens me still. My best wishes to everyone who was touched by this horrible tragedy.

jackiesimmonds
09-11-2002, 11:53 AM
Geri - thank god your daughter was a survivor. I just hope she is coping well with it - I imagine it must be so hard . I watched a TV documentary recently, with survivors from a floor above the impact talking about their experiences, and I was struck how much they are still, today, affected by the horror of that day. Surviving is wonderful - HOW you survive emotionally is perhaps not so wonderful.

Jackie

AriadneArts
09-11-2002, 02:03 PM
Thank you, Jackie. My family lost some close friends and one family member. Your memorial statements mean a lot.

Dark_Shades
09-11-2002, 07:19 PM
I would just like to add my heart felt sympathises to you all - I think this atrocity affected each and everyone of us, ones not even directly involved

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Sep-2002/ribbontmed.gif

Mo.
09-11-2002, 08:32 PM
(((Heart hugs to you Ariadne and Geri ))) and to all my American friends.
I cannot begin to imagine what people suffered that day.

Our spirit unites us, let us hope and pray for peace.

Mo.

Elinor
09-12-2002, 01:25 PM
Posted yesterday in Cafe but wanted to say again I am praying for the surrvivors and for all who lost a loved one or friend on that tragic day. We will never forget.

Jakeally
09-12-2002, 05:28 PM
I can not begin to express how I feel about the events of Sept 11 but my thoughts are constantly with everyone who survived and the families who lost loved ones. Tragic day.....