PDA

View Full Version : Lemons

azmn
11-30-2009, 01:44 PM
An 8x10 painting I have hanging in my kitchen to brighten the day. I find acrylics rather difficult as I first started out in oils but due to asthma decided to give acrylic a try. CC welcome as well as suggestions to make the painting process in acrylic easier.

Thanks!
JoAnn

Sassafrassa
11-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Oh, so pretty!! I love the saturated colors and the energy of the painting is wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

aspenman
11-30-2009, 02:03 PM
Don't know what kind of acrylics you are using, but give Chroma Atelier Interactives a try - very, very much like working with oils. Exception Interactives give you great blending capabilities and stay wet longer than regular acrylics.

azmn
11-30-2009, 02:28 PM
Thank you for the suggestion on the Chroma Interactives. Will definitly give them a try.

susme48
11-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Very pretty!!! Nice and 'sunny'!!

plec
11-30-2009, 03:33 PM
hi JoAnn, a nice piece of work really bright and cherful. Ipaint acrylics and oils and it is a bit difficult to transfer from one to the other, I hope you persevere with the acrylics it is a great medium. a few points to help, a stay wet pallette is good and there are plenty of links to show you how to make one.Time has never been better for acrylics. as well as the increase in open time, the new generation of acrylics seem to have solved the colour shift on drying problem.
best wishes, Ken.

OkeeKat
11-30-2009, 05:40 PM
Hi JoAnn!
Welcome to our little corner of wet canvas.
Love this, very bright and cheerful, great tones in it too!
I Love acrylics and with practice you will get used to it.. I keep a small very fine spray mister next to my palatte and mist it very often and works great!!
keep a sponge wet in the tupperware container I use to store my palatte and a penny(to prevent mold) I have no trouble keeping it wet inbetween my painting sessions, can be one day to 3-4 depending on whats going on.
I usualy paint thinly and only thin with just water.
Practice helps!!
Look forward to your next painting! Good luck!

Mz_Sketch_Pad
11-30-2009, 07:47 PM
i love the colors and movement!

noodle1
11-30-2009, 08:06 PM
It would go very nicely in my kitchen too..hint, hint.
You did a wonderful job and it is bright and cheery. Welcome to Acrylics I think you already handle them beautifully! Like everything there is a learning curve but acrylics the most forgiving I think of any painting medium. You've already gotten some good suggestions, everyone here very helpful and in the Kiosk you will also find many different class threads to help you along too. So relax, enjoy your new adventure and paint, you are doing great!! :thumbsup:

Elaine

arl
12-01-2009, 05:46 AM
Wonderful colours and modeling.

LavenderFrost
12-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Very cheery and lemony!