PDA

View Full Version : Brad's Daughters

Brooke
09-11-2002, 12:19 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/09-10-2002/7814_Three_Girls.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/09-10-2002/7814_Girl_1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/09-10-2002/7814_Girl_1_Hands.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Brad's Daughters
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Colored Pencil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 26
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Please feel free to comment on anything at all. Tomorrow I will post close up heads of the other two girls. I started this piece about 4 years ago as a comission and then got very very ill. The girl to the left of the picture was not finished and I was already having trouble with her and her hands. I cannot find my reference photos. I would like to be able to finish this even though the girls must be 4 years older.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
First, what do I do to the hands. And how do I get girl one to the completion state as the other two. I want any suggestions at all. Please feel free to do digital alterations if needed.

artbabe21
09-11-2002, 12:29 AM
Those girls have the happiest feet!! Beatifully done...
EVERYTHING!!
Don't understand problem with the hands as they are dawn there.

jerryW
09-11-2002, 04:55 AM
to finish this without source might be diffiult but could be very liberating too.
put in a little color at a time and stand back. if it works at a distance you should be fine.
for the hands you may need to take a photo of a friend's hands or brads daughter if she still is available.
the rest can be faked (even the hands).
no question that he ability to do so is in you.

arteitaliana
09-11-2002, 06:56 AM
Ditto.

:)

Wayne Gaudon
09-11-2002, 07:15 AM
this is nice .. I wouldn't even worry about showing the hands .. the girl is on her tippie toes with her knees high .. drape the dress across the knees so her hands are between her knees but behind the dress .. it's a common pose for a kid.

giniaad
09-11-2002, 11:01 AM
WOW...
my advise would be to finish the girl's outfit
you have sketches in of the hands...flesh them out
bring all the elements of the piece to the same level

then...step back...again...and see if you need to do anymore
at all...

put finishing touches on it ...it's done!
you are so close...!!

it's such a great piece...so much work has gone into
so many aspects...and soooo superbly!

you can do this
it's probably hard just because it has been so long
since you were working on it

get started again...it will come to you...
first step...find the colored pencils you need...

Brooke
09-12-2002, 03:15 PM
Thanks all for all your nice comments and suggestions. I hope you noticed I did Brads other two daughters but had to put them separate as I could only post three things. Anyway, I can't look at the girls as I really have never met them. This is just from photos Brad (a Vice President at Alaska Airlines) gave me. He had the confidence I could do it and even paid for half. Then I had that damn nervous breakdown and here I am looking at this four years later. Brad has never once called to ask where the picture is. I guess he knew how sick I was. It would be such a nice surprise to show up one day with the picture. He would be able to remember how his girls looked four years ago. I just wish I knew a girl about 11 or 12 who would pose her hands and feet for me so I could photograph them. Hmmmm, maybe I'll ask MissMouse. Anyway, I completed about 1/4 square inch last night. I'm SCARED to touch it.
Next week my new Derwent Signature pencils should arrive, maybe those will give me some more incentive to go forward.
Fondly,
Brooke

Evesangel
09-12-2002, 04:54 PM
Oh this is such a great piece! They all look so happy ...you really captured the moment... ad what sweet looking girls....I love it!