PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Wish List

BANfear
11-28-2009, 10:15 PM
Christmas is less than a month away! :) :heart:

So what are you all hoping to find under that Christmas tree?

-Joelle
(If some of you still remember me.. my username used to be BANfear, but I forgot my password and couldn't access my e-mail inbox either, so I had to create a new account)

rgb
11-28-2009, 10:25 PM
Artistic talent. :lol:

DAK723
11-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Hi Joelle! Of course we remember you!

I actually just put a book into my Amazon Shopping cart - which I will send to my family as my Christmas list - that I saw on the Wetcanvas newsletter. It is Bob Rohm's book "The Painterly Approach: An Artist's Guide To Seeing, Painting And Expressing."

There was a preview in the newsletter and it looked really good!

What's on your list?

Don

Studio-1-F
11-29-2009, 09:25 AM
So what are you all hoping to find under that Christmas tree?
Interaction of Color: New Complete Edition / by Josef Albers. (http://www.amazon.com/Interaction-Color-Complete-Josef-Albers/dp/0300146930/) All slipcased and wonderful. Just a mere $126.00. That's what I want. We have the original version, worth a couple grand or so now, in a locked-up area of the library, but [sigh] I want my own! Hello, Santa? You there?

Jan

Potoma
11-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Jan, we're in the same ballpark. I want Harley Brown's book, generally $120 on ebay.

I'm getting a Soltek for sure, so I need the ridiculously priced boxes for inside ($29 for essentially jewelry boxes) and a nice backpack for the outside ($85), so I'd love someone to buy me the stuff the gift is costing me to complete the outfit! Oh what a problem!

JPQ
11-29-2009, 01:00 PM
Interaction of Color: New Complete Edition / by Josef Albers. (http://www.amazon.com/Interaction-Color-Complete-Josef-Albers/dp/0300146930/) All slipcased and wonderful. Just a mere $126.00. That's what I want. We have the original version, worth a couple grand or so now, in a locked-up area of the library, but [sigh] I want my own! Hello, Santa? You there?

Jan

I almost sure Santa is anywhere at least Santa's elfs are spying there...
ps. but Santa really knows what anyone needs but sometimes he cannot made all possible present whishes to true... even he has limited budjet and sometimes makes little mistakes :) etc. But i dont really know what i want...

Scottyarthur
11-29-2009, 05:00 PM
ummm :rolleyes: , I am the typical artist. I want it all :D , lol, just like a kid in the candy store :lol: :evil: . but I'll settle for gift certs. to my fav. art supply store.:thumbsup:

Dougwas
11-29-2009, 05:10 PM
My Christmas wish is a full set of Mount Vision pastels. I'm not getting them, but it is a wish.

Doug

saramathewson
11-29-2009, 10:53 PM
I want the full set of semi hard pastels by Richeson and one of the 78 count sets from Great American. Not sure if I want the Richard McDaniel plein air one at fine art store or the Lorenzo Chavez one. I'm leaning towards the Richard McDaniel one. I like that you can see all the colors of the set at that online store and they sell them for the cheapest price I have found. I doubt I will get them though. sigh. Too many things going on money wise to spend it on art supplies this year:(

Don, I have been thinking of getting that book by Bob Rohm as well. there are several books and DVD's that I would love to get. The list goes on...

Sara

robertsloan2
12-01-2009, 03:47 AM
What I'd love to find under the tree or as a birthday present is the 20 Deep Darks set of Pan Pastels, a big can of that new casein based fixative from Dakota, and the 9" x 12" pads of PastelMat in both the A and B color arrangements. I also want the Maggie Price pastel book and the Deborah Secor DVD on Painting Landscape Shadows, not the beginner one but the one with the bunch of foliage and flowers on the shadowed wall.

Also it might be fun to get some Albert Handell DVDs -- I'm starting to really like DVDs.

wiiawiwb
12-01-2009, 09:57 AM
What I want for Christmas I can't have....the God-given talent so many here possess.

But, if I had to choose something, hmmm, let me see. How about Phil's pastel box?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Dec-2009/203820-Pastel_box.jpg

robertsloan2
12-01-2009, 01:15 PM
OH that's cool! I get so tempted to get one of those boxes, peel everything and set up like that. I probably will someday.

jwcarroll
12-01-2009, 02:52 PM
I would love a big box of motivation. Have had a hard time getting started lately. Don't think it is laziness, just a lack of motivation. A well stocked art store near by would be a boon too. We have a store that has art supplies, but they really like their stuff and it seems at times it is cheaper to order it online and pay the shipping. Hobby Lobby is good but doesn't really stock the professional style items.

Adiro
12-01-2009, 11:08 PM
I will also like a little bit of motivation, please!

And also I would love another table, or to be exact I would love the Urania desk with easel and all for the pastel painter, but it's a fact that I will NOT get it ($$$) Nobody stops me from wishing though.... so given that I can't have that, I would love at least a second drafting table, as the first one holds an impossible pile of everything ( not only pastels)Most of the stuff on it is basically inaccessible....

And I would also like to have a website, but my DH keeps promising to try to build me one since forever, Hockey, work and other hobbies come in the way all the time ....

About books, I would really like to get Richard Schmidt book on Landscape ( newly released) as I already have the Alla Prima and it is wonderful .

What I will get instead, most probably, will be a bottle of some nice perfume.....

BANfear
12-11-2009, 12:22 AM
Oooh, nice choices, everybody! :)

Me, hmmm, well, for sure I'll always dream of getting that full set of Unisons, but that won't be until a few years from now.

Perhaps a few instructional books, or an excellent fixatif which won't alter colours.

I'm also looking for an incredible white pastel which is able to be applied over even dark colours, and will hide those dark colours. Anyone have any ideas of a pastel brand which has that kind of white?

knippes
12-11-2009, 10:24 AM
I'm hoping that Santa will bring me the Windmill Easel assembly - not the whole thing, just the windmill part that will attach to my regular easel. Or a full set of Ludwigs. Or a gift certificate to Terry's facility would work nicely too. Christmas sure is a good time for wishing...:thumbsup:
-Kym

Kim34
12-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Hmmm, I have to say my Christmas wish is to get the gift of osmosis so I could understand how so many of you create your fabulous pieces!!

Okay, I'll admit that, spoiled brat that I am, my husband got me a full set of Mount Visions, they are on their way in the mail (-#32 and #210 according to Karl Kelly) and should be here by Christmas!!

But, I'd much rather have the osmosis.

robertsloan2
12-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Kim, that rocks! Hang out long enough and the osmosis starts to happen. Especially taking the classes that get posted, they've helped me so much. I'm not kidding. The longer anyone spends posting here and painting a lot, the faster that osmosis comes.

I would not have believed how much better I got since I came here, especially thanks to Colorix and Deborah_Secor.

Kim34
12-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Yes, I am totally stoked (and a little scared; I better live up to them!)!!

I just started looking at the classes - am going to do the red box that I think Deborah posted tonight. Her, Colorix and Paula Ford have been so wonderful and helpful so far. I'm really glad to be on this site - it's super educational and inspiring.

Deborah Secor
12-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Aw, you guys are so sweet. Thanks... :o

I'm also looking for an incredible white pastel which is able to be applied over even dark colours, and will hide those dark colours. Anyone have any ideas of a pastel brand which has that kind of white?
Joelle, try a Schmincke white. A really soft, soft, soft pastel will cover darks like a down comforter. But I also suggest brushing off some of the darks first, whenever you can...

I'm actually so thankful to be blessed with abundance and not in need of anything right now. We're going to spend Christmas day with a friend of ours from church who's a single dad, and his 2 and 5 year old kids. This dad is a really good guy, doing the right thing. He was raised in some very troubling circumstances and has never celebrated Christmas before. Soooo, we plan to have a birthday party for the Christ child. That way the kids can blow out candles and sing happy birthday. I think the cake will be red and green though. :D I already have a box of crayons for each kid and we'll be doing some Christmas drawing, that's for sure! (Can anyone tell how ready I am to become a grandma? :lol:)

Deborah