PDA

View Full Version : 4 Years On The Shelf.

mickeyw3340
11-25-2009, 10:57 AM
One of the chain Art and Craft stores whose initials are HL :wink2: use a code on their price tag that shows when an item went on the shelf. In the upper right are two numbers as in 38 . The first number is the month and the second the year. If you shop there, check em out. I found three jars of Liquitex Lightweight Modeling Paste on the shelf. One had been there 4 years, one 2 years and one 2 months. Obviously I bought the 2 month old jar.

timelady
11-25-2009, 12:57 PM
As long as the seals on the jars or tubes haven't been compromised there shouldn't be any difference in the product inside. :) I have jars of Golden at least 4 years old that have been opened and used that are still the same.

Tina.

Einion
11-25-2009, 01:46 PM
That's a good tip on the HL pricetags, thanks.

With acrylic stuff, while I've personally had good luck with how things age once I have them I would tend to go with something I knew to have been on the shelf for less time, other things being equal. With some products it's very much the fresher the better; I was very careful when I bought some SuperSculpey because that is well known for having a definite shelf life.

Einion

timelady
11-25-2009, 06:21 PM
Actually, what I might have done if I were feeling cheeky - is take the oldest jar to the till, explain that it's 4 years old and ask if they'd discount it? ;)

Einion
11-25-2009, 08:01 PM
Well there is that! :D

Einion