PDA

View Full Version : beginners "mastering color" dvd

gingersnap
11-22-2009, 09:19 PM
hello all,

i was supposed to go to a workshop on shadows today ,but my joints were not up to standing for 3 hours or holding pencils. i decided i was still going to do art at home. i watched my 3 dvd's from donna aldridge," mastering color". these were recommended by a wonderful WC artist who has used them with her students. i was struggling with color and value. these dvd's really have changed the way i view my subject. how i am seeing !!! they are incredible. they have exercises which are also very helpful. i really found the examples of different light souces wonderful. how the same color can be light and dark depending what relationship it has to it's surroundings. donna was kind enough to offer suggestions before i even purchased the dvds. it was truly wonderful to watch her lay strokes, mix color and simplify the thought process!!! i feel like i went to a wonderful workshop!

thankyou peggy b!!! thank you donna!! i appreciate the encouragement and sharing your knowledge!! now i am itching to get dusty!!

ginger

Paula Ford
11-22-2009, 11:43 PM
They are definately on my wish list!!! Maybe I'll ask for Christmas.

knippes
11-23-2009, 06:44 AM
Thanks for the info Ginger. Now I've got something else to add to my Christmas list - cause they sound great.
-Kym

gingersnap
11-23-2009, 10:56 AM
i have to say the lighting examples were great as i probably would not be able to do them!!! i feel they would be great for all levels! i know kym you have way more experience than i do. i am sure i will watch them over and over! there are pdf and charts you can print off! ginger

PeggyB
11-24-2009, 02:18 PM
hello all,

i was supposed to go to a workshop on shadows today ,but my joints were not up to standing for 3 hours or holding pencils. i decided i was still going to do art at home. i watched my 3 dvd's from donna aldridge," mastering color". these were recommended by a wonderful WC artist who has used them with her students. i was struggling with color and value. these dvd's really have changed the way i view my subject. how i am seeing !!! they are incredible. they have exercises which are also very helpful. i really found the examples of different light souces wonderful. how the same color can be light and dark depending what relationship it has to it's surroundings. donna was kind enough to offer suggestions before i even purchased the dvds. it was truly wonderful to watch her lay strokes, mix color and simplify the thought process!!! i feel like i went to a wonderful workshop!

thankyou peggy b!!! thank you donna!! i appreciate the encouragement and sharing your knowledge!! now i am itching to get dusty!!

ginger

You are very welcome ginger. :) Donna is a supurb teacher, and to offer these DVDs so those who can't easily get to a teacher of her ability is beyond wonderful. They are also exceptionally good for any level of artist who wants a better or even different/new grasp of color theory. Everyone I know that's watched them give them :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peggy

gingersnap
11-24-2009, 03:40 PM
You are very welcome ginger. :) Donna is a supurb teacher, and to offer these DVDs so those who can't easily get to a teacher of her ability is beyond wonderful. They are also exceptionally good for any level of artist who wants a better or even different/new grasp of color theory. Everyone I know that's watched them give them :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peggy

peggy i can not thank you for pointing me in this direction. i thought i could "see" as i watched my eyes were open to things that would have taken me years on my own without a teacher!!! even the simplicity of seeing someone else apply pastel to paper. many AHA moments. you and donna both have changed my vision!

many thanks... hope to post soon. ginger

Yulunga
11-25-2009, 06:37 AM
With such a good advertisement it is difficult to resist putting it in my wishlist too :)
ginger (and all), can you please advise places to get these DVDs? The link provided on Donna's webpage doesn't seem to work.

PeggyB
11-27-2009, 02:20 PM
With such a good advertisement it is difficult to resist putting it in my wishlist too :)
ginger (and all), can you please advise places to get these DVDs? The link provided on Donna's webpage doesn't seem to work.

Yulanga you could send Donna a PM, and ask how you can get one. I the meantime, I'll write to her and let her know of the interest that's been created here. She went to Australia and has been home about a month now, but I bet she's playing catch-up with her local students as well as trying to get her strength back from all the traveling.

Peggy

gingersnap
11-29-2009, 06:15 PM
yulunga i would contact donna. that is how i purchased. let me know how you like it!!! ginger

Studio-1-F
11-30-2009, 08:44 AM
i watched my 3 dvd's from donna aldridge," mastering color".
Hello, Santa!!!?? Are you there? ;) Order here (http://www.artistsessentials.com/), please sir.

Jan

ElsieH
12-01-2009, 12:04 PM
:wave:

I have this set of DVD's of Donna's and love it!:thumbsup:
They should be at the top of any list for learning about seeing and color!

I go back and look at them again every once in awhile just to brush up!....
In pastels...do we "brush up" for "stick up"? :lol: :wink2: :p

Donna A
12-04-2009, 01:06 AM
Hi!!! I am soooo happy to hear about your adventures with the Mastering Color DVDs, Ginger!!! Yea! I'm so glad that you've found some very useful ideas on them! And thank you, Peggy, for suggesting the DVDs to Ginger! Good to hear from you, too, Elsie! I'm so very pleased to hear that these DVDs are serving you all so very well! And don't forget to download all the PDF files that will share even more info! And enjoy the 48 paintings on each disc from 36 artists with commentary about how each painting applies to points made on the particular DVD! I've thoroughly enjoyed hearing, over time, the great help that these DVDs have been to so many folks! And---these are not only great for beginning painters, but also have been of marvelous use to intermediate and professional-level painters---and in all mediums! I am sooo glad to hear you are enjoying these and do keep watching them from time to time because you just keep learning more and more from the same DVDs! Yea!!! Take good care! And keep enjoying!!! Donna ;-}