PDA

View Full Version : Schmincke greys and their softness (i mean all hues)

JPQ
11-21-2009, 06:25 PM
what greys you recommend form Schmincke for starting i mean 6 hues ?
(going only test them and maybe buy few and mainly greys and these are hardest area becouse its hard know what are "basic greys") and currently i have two titanium whites,
and two ivory black (actually other one is likely more grey) but i dont have any real greys at all currently. and i going use them for nature themes and some modern last one can use any hues.
and what are hardest hues what you know in Schmincke ? i mean going avoid harder side all possible areas in all pastels. some hardest what i own i never buy again i think i almost sure i can get some other brands smoother pastels for these areas.

Studio-1-F
11-21-2009, 07:19 PM
Here is a nice set of greys (http://www.fineartstore.com/Catalog/tabid/365/List/1/CategoryID/7780/Level/a/Default.aspx?SortField=UnitCost%2cUnitCost) from Schmincke.

Jan

+++++++

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Nov-2009/12504-Schminckegreys.jpg

JPQ
11-21-2009, 10:36 PM
I cannot order so many greys i really order 6-8 and about ten others. (also need other hues light and muted at least).

Adiro
11-22-2009, 12:35 AM
I believe you can see the approximate colors if you go order/look at DickBlick open stock, and maybe you can choose yourself what you think you need most.
About the hardness, well, as far as I know all Schmincke are soft like butter. I have many but not the full set.( in other brands softness varies with hue)

If I may, I would recomend Great American Pastels for an equally soft and buttery feel, and impeccable consistency. They are all incredibly soft, buttery and in beautiful colors, beside that nowadays they come in square format which is very useful, and somewhat larger then the rounds. Maybe you could buy a small set of greys and save some money than in open stock. Look at DickBlick site even if just for looking.

JPQ
11-23-2009, 10:01 AM
Great Americans i cannot get them i other side world. At least not very easily.