PDA

View Full Version : 'The Dance of Love'

John B
11-21-2009, 11:15 AM
Hello All,

I've not posted or painted for such a long while. I have been plagued with back problems, an emergency operation for a prolapsed disk, only to be back in hospital 6 months later with 3 prolapsed disks. I am just now able to walk with the aid of 2 sticks (better than the Zimmer frame I had to use at first). Anyway I am now able to get back to busting dust in the studio.

I put pastel to paper for the first time on a suject I could paint fairly quickly, I can only sit for a short time, so the painting is quite loose. I have always enjoyed working on black paper. this is put together with the minimum of strokes.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Nov-2009/55768-.jpg

12" x16" - Seneller pastel on Canson Mi-Teints (smooth side)

Kindest regards

John

Deborah Secor
11-21-2009, 11:46 AM
Very effective use of contrast and detail, John! I hope your back steadily improves so that you'll be able to paint and share more with us.

Deborah

bnoonan
11-21-2009, 12:06 PM
John, Glad to hear you were well enough to paint and post.

This is fun. I've had tango friends encourage me to paint because there are lots and lots of people who love this kind of dance and artwork.

So... was that what caused the back issues? Barb

Ruthie57
11-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Simple but so effective! What a great return to pastels!

sketchZ1ol
11-21-2009, 04:14 PM
hello. prayers for your recovery. the angle and expression on the lady's face nails it-keeps my eye moving/coming back. best wishes, E

Westerngirl
11-21-2009, 04:33 PM
I like this! Hoping your back gets better and better! I'm glad you are painting again.

Adiro
11-21-2009, 11:12 PM
So dramatic and beautiful! I love your minimal strokes and the strength of the image! Powerful!