PDA

View Full Version : One more question...

VictoriaS
01-11-2001, 01:03 PM
I looked at the Golden Acrylics on the Daniel Smith website. They have both "fluid" acrylics and "heavy body" acrylics. Which would be the most all-purpose?
Thanks,
Victoria

carly
01-11-2001, 03:46 PM
My Golden acrylics are in a tube but they don't say heavy body. I don't use the fluid acrylics.
carly

------------------
"Everything is not art and Art is not everything, but it comes close."....carly

Epicurea
01-11-2001, 03:56 PM
I prefer the heavy body for texture...you can always thin with water.

Cassandra

------------------
*Are you wishing, or being?*

*Temet nosce.*

LDianeJohnson
01-11-2001, 04:39 PM
I agree Epicurea. The thinner acrylics are good for airbrushing, illustration, or more transparent applications. I recommend the thick acrylic version so you have the option of using it however you wish. In addition, the thicker paints contain more pigment, therefore you don't pay for the extra water.

------------------
2001 L. Diane Johnson Plein Air Workshops (http://www.LDianeJohnson.com/workshops)

Dima
01-11-2001, 10:02 PM
Hello Victoria,

The 'heavy body' type is the most allround.
The 'fluids' are for direct usage in airbrush and watercolour techniques, but about only for that.
You might want to consider some of their gels too for economy or effects; the regular gels have the same consitancy as the heavy body paints.

Dick

------------------

Keith Russell
02-21-2001, 08:40 PM
Dick--

Golden makes Golden Airbrush Colours for direct use in airbrush.

Their 'Fluid' acyrlics still need to be thinned, before they can be put into an airbrush.

Keith.

------------------
Keith Russell
Synthetic Sky Studios
Science Fiction Fine Art
[email protected]

dhenton
02-22-2001, 10:21 AM
Depends on what you are doing. If you are like me, and want a flat "brush stroke-less" look on illustration board, you end up thinning the heck out of the tubes, so I go with the liquids because you only have to thin out somewhat. I think that's what artistry is referring to when she mentions "illustration" as a acrylic method that favors the fluid kind.

------------------
"Art is anything you can get away with." -- Marshall McLuhan