GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Sunflowers - Revisited Thanks To Scott
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 11 x 14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
thanks to a critique I've redone Sunflowers and will do 1 or 2 more versions .. I've seen the light .. No disrespect meant .. as this is meant quite literal.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Better?

USA
09-09-2002, 02:22 PM
She totally digs this one. Your stlye has a lot of feel. Very loose, and free. I need to loosen up some. Don't take this the wrong way, but this piece reminds me of Van Goughe.
www.mybrushwork.com

coulter
09-09-2002, 03:42 PM
Could you please share your insights?

It would also be great to see the two paintings side by side. I would post them here but I am supposed to be working :evil:

Thanks
Mark

coulter
09-09-2002, 03:43 PM
Oh yeah, they're both wonderful Wayne, thanks!

Wayne Gaudon
09-09-2002, 03:51 PM
My insights .. just following up on what Scott spelled out for me in the last thread and so I took it in photoshop and pumped it up and down and found about 3 different versions that would make super paintings if I can capture the radience. Hopefully will have one to post later today.

here is the old version. Scott's comments are here (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59003)

backspin
09-09-2002, 05:51 PM
YESSSS! Now it's really come to life. Beautiful work. I liked the first one, but when I saw the changes--wow.

arourapope
09-09-2002, 05:53 PM
Nice! The addition of the blue is perfect.

artbabe21
09-09-2002, 09:00 PM
Whata difference.......now I bet you DO want to come all the way to Montana for the workshop!? Shoot, I knew you always wanted to come but now it's a dern necessity! :D
So happy for you!

jerryW
09-09-2002, 10:22 PM
it used to be alien eyes (nice ones)
now boobs,
subtle maybe.

mcknight
09-09-2002, 10:27 PM
I like the bold brush strokes and the vivid colours. I agree that it does have some Van Gougheishness to it.

Paintonbrush
09-09-2002, 11:10 PM
I hear music and angels and electricity and dancing....yahoooo
pump it up..;-)

Wayne Gaudon
09-10-2002, 06:14 AM
Don't take this the wrong way, but this piece reminds me of Van Gough
USA ... how on earth go anyone take that the wrong way. The man had some beauties.

mcknight .. thanks.

thank you backspin,

aurorapope .. after I did the few changes Scott suggested I need to pump up the blue as well ..

Pres :D

Jerry .. just a lower shot of the same alien ..

Paintonbrush .. send me some of those fumes .. LOL .. thank you.

giniaad
09-10-2002, 08:59 PM
Wayne...
love the blues...however...
miss some of the yellows in the right bloom

you are definately onto something though

keep going and playing...

from one who is not a sunflower fan
(overdone by many)
I am liking this allot

mattlart
09-13-2002, 04:25 PM
Hi Wayne!

Just got back online and saw this one. I'm honored that you thought enough of my suggestions to just go in and DO IT!
You are obviously working very hard to improve,...develop,..and find your distinctive niche,style and success.God,..your attitude reminds me SO much of myself a few years ago when I was DETERMINED to become an accomplished artist,..and BEGIN to try and master my craft.Basically,...I worked myself into a quasi nervous-breakdown. Wife,..son,.two jobs,etc. Working 21 hours-a-day is probably too much for anyone.
Nevertheless,..an art career does require alot of determination and miles on the end-of-your-brushes..;)
I commend you sincerely.
And, although I hesitate to offer too much advice to ANYONE;..one cliche comes strongly to mind......try to thoroughly enjoy your creative journey. It will take you on adventures that you might never have imagined.P.S: I invite you to email me for ANY advice or encouragement that you may wish.Any friend would offer you this..........:) NICE WORK..Cheers-Scott

Wayne Gaudon
09-13-2002, 05:36 PM
Well Scott, I will certainly keep that in mind .. yes, I do get frenzied out at times but most times I love it .. I simply love it and by nature of my heart, I have to master it or at least do well ..

Thank you very much for your time and efforts and I will add your email to my email address book and when I do bother you, I will include my personal email address as I sometimes forget to check the one I have listed with WC.

later, and again, thank you.