PDA

View Full Version : La Tricoteuse, by William Bouguereau

par72sb
10-31-2009, 03:46 PM
16 x 20 on canvas
comments and suggestions welcome

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Oct-2009/5611-La_Tricoteuse,_by_William_Bouguereau_01.jpg

par72sb
12-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Thanks for all your comments

Netty
12-06-2009, 10:17 PM
It is a bit annoying hey when you post a painting and come back while later with no comments :(
I only discovered this forum a few days ago.
I think you have done quiet a good job on this, the colours are lovely and very much like Bourgies. He is such a wonderful master to copy, and a very frustrating one, as he was such a master at that !!!

Annie.

mindofmirrors
12-07-2009, 04:00 PM
I really like your rendition. As Netty said, Bourguereau is a tricky one to work from (not that I've tried, but I've seen classmates give him a go).

I was in Montreal recently, looking around the European gallery of the Musee des Beaux-Arts. They have a gorgeous Bourguereau, Crown of Flowers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:William-Adolphe_Bouguereau_%281825-1905%29_-_Crown_of_Flowers_%281884%29.jpg), and as I stood before it, I was simply in awe of the master. I'd never, until then, seen a real-life Bourguereau. (They also have a remarkable self-portrait by the artist). The experience will either cause one to give up people-painting completely, or strengthen one's resolve to come one tenth as close to commanding such skill. Fortunately, it inspired me unto the latter.

Fine work you've done. Look forward to seeing more.

And yes, there not many comments forthcoming on the forum these days, or so it seems. I've had almost no feedback myself... save for Netty and one other. Not sure why, other than some kind of holiday slow-down (?) But don't let that discourage you from sharing.

pameladallaire
01-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Hi, I think your rendition of Bouguereau's painting is great. I'm new to the oil painting section so I have to go through all the posts.

Keep up the good work!

Pam