GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Eggs
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 11 x 14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Done from life .. no drawing .. about 2.5 or 3 hours max ..

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
It feels good to feel this good .. hope you like it.

jerryW
09-07-2002, 05:12 PM
in a way it's very much about the objects depicted.

funny arrangement - humerous

almost as if to poke fun at the idea of still life

arrangements of familiar objects are hard to make really interesting and meaning full.

Fagan
09-07-2002, 07:26 PM
It IS good to feel good! You can tell that from your painting. I had thought to do an egg painting sometime.

JustjoGA
09-07-2002, 07:49 PM
I love egg paintings... this one needs two small adjustments, Wayne... some shading on the eggs themselves, and a highlight or two on the green glass bowl.... and I love it...

Wayne Gaudon
09-07-2002, 09:24 PM
Not intentional Jerry .. just that a still life is a still life .. anything goes .. I almost hung a banana out the bowl but that would be too off base and I would have had to use a censor tag .. LOL

Thanks Fagan

JustjoGA .. go ahead .. make my day .. you feel lucky ...

LOL...

.. I'll have to differ with you on this one .. the whole lighting, as told by the melo shadows, is just secondary light so there are no highlites just lighter spots. The high point of this one is the egg reflection in the bowl, seeing throught the bowl at the yellow behind it, and the reflection of the other egg in the oninon skin. That is all there is. Maybe I'll build me one of those boxes so the next time I can fire some light at it and make it more exciting as I like highlites and dark shadows too. I was very happy with this as I haven't done many still lifes and this one I done from just sitting the crapola on my little plant table which was buried under a pillow case.