PDA

View Full Version : Wow..check this pochade painter's box out!

LarrySeiler
02-09-2001, 05:52 PM
Okay...spent a great deal of the day looking for lid supports to build my small cigar box pochade box.

I intend to build several, give some away as gifts too. Oh well, but...found this site, and what a great looking box. I think I'll eventually buy one of these too!
http://www.pochade.com/box/product

Larry

------------------
"Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do!" Edgar Degas

[This message has been edited by lseiler (edited February 09, 2001).]

VictoriaS
02-09-2001, 06:32 PM
Thanks, Larry. That does look like a really nice one.

Victoria

jbitzel
10-19-2004, 03:01 PM
Larry, your link is broken :D probably because it has been 4 and a half years. But... does anybody have one of these the look pretty cool but probably only for traveling. What do you think? :wave: James

JamieWG
10-19-2004, 04:53 PM
Larry, your link is broken :D probably because it has been 4 and a half years. But... does anybody have one of these the look pretty cool but probably only for traveling. What do you think? :wave: James

James, I use one for oils en plein air; I haven't ventured out with acrylics yet. I use this one:

www.pleinairsolutions.com

Convenitently, the Masterson handy-palette sets right into this one!

You can do a search for "pochade" in the Plein Air forum and you'll see lots of possibilities. Guerrilla Painter, a pochade box manufacturer, even has their own sub-forum there on the WC Plein Air site.

Jamie

joa
10-19-2004, 06:25 PM
originally posted by Larry Seiler:Okay...spent a great deal of the day looking for lid supports to build my small cigar box pochade box.

Larry, I have some beautiful wood cigar boxes and don't know what to do with them. Can you post a picture of your cigar box porchade box? I would really like to see what it looks like. Thanks.

Jo

romell
10-19-2004, 08:24 PM
Jo,

Here's an article that will teach you how to convert your cigar box to pochade box. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles2/15023/380/

joa
10-20-2004, 01:58 AM
Romell,

Thanks so much for the link. Great pictures, and this looks quite simple and easy.

Jo

Donald_Smith
10-20-2004, 01:56 PM
Actually, you can use almost any box with a deep lid. You can use a kids lunch box if you want. You just need something to hold the paint and brushes, then water or mineral spirits, and if you use oils a way to keep the canvas from bumping and smearing the paint. If you have access to a table saw you can make your own like I did.

Don
I show the back of my box, so you can see how deep the lid is, it will hold 3 wet paintings, and the block of wood that holds the lid at the angle I want while painting.