PDA

View Full Version : HALLOWEEN PARTY-October 2009

trafford
09-30-2009, 11:44 AM
BOO EVERYONE

LETS HAVE A HALLOWEEN PARTY

Please post your hand made POSTCARDS, GREETING CARDS, POSTERS and PAINTINGS.

VINTAGE CARDS and FINE ART PAINTINGS are good too.

How about POETRY AND A FEW RECIPES.

LETS HAVE FUN

links: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween

http://www.holidays.net/halloween/

trafford
09-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Here's another ghost card I did last year.

azulparsnip
09-30-2009, 11:36 PM
Looks like fun, Janet. Those ghosts are LOOKING at me,eeeeeeek!!!

artbyjune
10-01-2009, 05:37 AM
Great fun. Boo to you too!!

trafford
10-03-2009, 07:14 AM
Snap Apple Night-Daniel Maclise 1806-1870

There Peggy was dancing with Dan
While Maureen the lead was melting,
To prove how their fortunes ran
With the Cards ould Nancy dealt in;
There was Kate, and her sweet-heart Will,
In nuts their true-love burning,
And poor Norah, though smiling still
She'd missed the snap-apple turning.

On the Festival of Hallow Eve.

artbyjune
10-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Talking of apples. I walked through lots of little green apples strewn all over the ground outside the hairdressing salon this morning. ..on my walk with the dog. The wind had blown the apples down last night.

trafford
10-03-2009, 11:50 AM
You should have gathered some up for Green Apple pie...though you'd probably end up with a stomach ache.:) We used to eat them with no ill effects.

Here is a card I liked from wikapedia commons:

artbyjune
10-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Spooky...

WildGoose
10-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Here's a Vintage one I just found on a site called Magicmoonlight:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Oct-2009/120243-hween_pc_from_magicmoonlight_for_wc.jpg

The site says anyone can feel free to copy it...we have 2 black cats in the family, so it really appeals!

trafford
10-07-2009, 07:35 AM
I love black cats....well actually I love all cats. The vintage cards are great.

Since I paint mosttly witches I'll add one to the party.

Acrylic on 6"x 6" tile.

trafford
10-07-2009, 07:37 AM
OOPS! Didn't mean to post them both. I don't want to make this MY Halloween party alone.

artbyjune
10-07-2009, 07:45 AM
I really love the witches, Trafford. I also like the cats on the vintage card, Wildgoose. My sister has a black cat. I could do a portrait of him I suppose!:D

I'll post one of Hallowe'en trick or treat I did a couple of months ago just to show I am thinking of hallowe'en party. I hope to do a new one just for the project...just a bit slow in getting started!:thumbsup:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Oct-2009/106623-plays1a6k.jpg

Acrylics and pen on paper, 8 by 12 ins.

:wave:

trafford
10-07-2009, 11:39 AM
I love your fantasy work, June. The colors are marvelous. :heart:

WildGoose
10-14-2009, 08:10 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Oct-2009/120243-pumpkin_loaf_bread_recipe_for_web.jpg

Nice and moist loaf-giving out original recipe as given to me ( I like to double the spices, but that's me )!:)

Great, vibrant colours in both works, Trafford and June!

brianvds
10-14-2009, 11:11 PM
I love black cats....well actually I love all cats. The vintage cards are great.

Since I paint mosttly witches I'll add one to the party.

Acrylic on 6"x 6" tile.

Went to have a look at your etsy site: I just love your paintings. They seem to have precisely what I feel my work lacks: a sort of cheerful confidence expressed in a riot of colour. I am always so terribly tentative and overly serious and careful. And it seems to have gotten worse rather than better over the years.

Oh well, back to the drawing board. Practice makes perfect!

brianvds
10-14-2009, 11:22 PM
I really love the witches, Trafford. I also like the cats on the vintage card, Wildgoose. My sister has a black cat. I could do a portrait of him I suppose!:D

I'll post one of Hallowe'en trick or treat I did a couple of months ago just to show I am thinking of hallowe'en party. I hope to do a new one just for the project...just a bit slow in getting started!:thumbsup:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Oct-2009/106623-plays1a6k.jpg

Acrylics and pen on paper, 8 by 12 ins.

:wave:

Cool! Reminds me rather a bit of Chagall. Some years ago I also played around with acrylic on paper, and it's a combination I intend to return to. Really a lot of fun, and it seems to invite one to get playful. I even made some finger paintings that way; they ended up looking sort of very Van Gogh-ish.

Alas, at the time I wasn't really ready to paint, so it all looked pretty amateurish, but I still remember the fun I had. ;-)

Wait, let me go see if I still have a scan or two that might be suitable for a Halloween thread. Ah, here we go:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Oct-2009/142294-St_Sebastian.JPG

It was my take on the many "St. Sebastian" paintings of the Renaissance, but the imagery also alludes in extremely irreverent manner to an incident from South Africa's blood-soaked history when the Boer leader Piet Retief and some dozens of his men were all massacred by the Zulu after negotiations for land went sour. Don't show this around: in some circles this will earn me a price on my head as traitor. ;-)

Now I look at this thing and I think that at the time I couldn't draw for sour apples, but my attempts at painting had precisely the cheerful confidence of which I talk in my previous post, and that they lack so much nowadays.

gakinme
10-15-2009, 12:37 AM
Janet, very colorful witches and her house looks very modern. Not a scary witch at all.

June, indeed, your piece do look like Chagall style! Very nice work especially the yellow character on the left margin, the green woman in lower left and the white scarecrow? on the top right. Very interesting to look at.

Brian, I like the directness you did your piece. It shows that you had fun with it. It reminds of some of my attempts too.

Tonight, while my son was taking piano lessons, I copied this OLD WOMAN RETRIEVING HER ARM BY TSUKIOKA YOSHI TOSHI - supposed to be one word but Wetcanvas thought I was writing about crap and used asterisks :lol: -1889. Not very creative these couple of days but I want to do some finer detailed work.

The story has it that two friends argued whether there was still demons alive in Japan and one claimed that one demon named Ibaraki was still around. Challenged, one friend staked out to wait for this ghost at ta gate and at around 2 am, he felt a powerful tug on his helmet and he slashed wildly with his sword. The being shrieked and left and he later discovered it's the hairy arm and clawed hand he cut off from the demon.

He took it to a priest who suggested to box it and perform a rite over it and the priest insisted that no one should be allowed to see the arm. The guy's old frail aunt came from far to visit and was curious and he let her see it. That old frail aunt was actually the demon, Ibaraki, in disguise and she grabbed the arm and flew off with it.

Japanese watercolor paper hot press
A5 size
Prisma Verithin
Pentel Pocket Calligraphy Brushpen
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Oct-2009/86669-cp_ghostjap.jpg

brianvds
10-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Brian, I like the directness you did your piece. It shows that you had fun with it. It reminds of some of my attempts too.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. And I love your Japanese piece; I have long had a love affair with oriental art and have even tried to get WC to create a section for Chinese brush painting, but they haven't done so yet, alas.

To be honest, while my drawing has greatly improved since I painted that St Sebastian piece, I doubt if my ability to draw from imagination has improved at all. If anything, it probably got worse, because for several years now I have drawn nothing straight from my head, and I have become a prisoner of the tyranny of the still life setup, the reference photo, the old master painting etc. Looking at that picture now I'm kind of amazed that I could do it mostly from my head (I did use a reference for the vulture, mind you), and I would be hard pushed to do it now, I think.

But looking at all the imaginative work in this thread, I have decided it is high time for me to just play around a bit again, otherwise where's the fun in art? This thread turned out to be a neat excuse.

Some years ago, there was this horror movie called "The ring." It was probably the creepiest movie I had ever seen (and I'm told the original Japanese version was even scarier), and featured an evil girl that had spent fifty years dead at the bottom of a well or something, and now she performed such trick as crawling out of people's TV sets, her sodden hair hanging wetly in her face, and then she telepathically gets into her victim's head and literally scares them to death. Shudder!

Anyway, this sketch was sort of inspired by the movie, but came from my slowly re-awakening imagination...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Oct-2009/142294-183-8312_IMG.JPG

gakinme
10-15-2009, 02:23 PM
OMG, it does look creepy already. Those half opened eyes and the drabby hair did the job very well.

Actually, I have heard about the Ring and read that the Japanese version is scarier. You should also check out Korean movies if you like horror. They keep pumping out horror movies as though that is their bread and butter.

Yes, please create as much as you can.

I too enjoy creating when I am in the mood. I'm not into horror so this is as far as I could go.:lol:

You know, there is a Chinese brush painting thread (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395394&page=22). I post most of my stuff there but not many people use it.

For a while, I did post a bit of my Japanese copies in that link but realized it's really the wrong place. Now, I post mainly in my own thread

All Media On-Going Sketching Thread Part 5 (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8157588#post8157588) at WC!Gallery

And previously, I post them in the Japanese art thread (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=556017) at this section. I'm waiting for the topic to be revisited so I could post even more.

Here is actually a failed piece I was testing on for the soft pastel section of a certain lady in red for the october challenge and I test these things with oil pastel. So now I have horrified it.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Oct-2009/86669-op_ghost2.jpg

brianvds
10-15-2009, 11:11 PM
OMG, it does look creepy already. Those half opened eyes and the drabby hair did the job very well.

Actually, I have heard about the Ring and read that the Japanese version is scarier. You should also check out Korean movies if you like horror. They keep pumping out horror movies as though that is their bread and butter.

I'm not particularly fond of horror movies, but I like one now and then. But then I want them to actually scare me, not just startle me every now and then with a loud noise. Most horror movies are puerile in the extreme, relying on oceans of fake blood and limbs splattering all over the place, along with sudden startling noises. I stopped enjoying that sort of thing after my teens. ;-)

But here and there, they make one that contains little in the way of special effects, and relies on the viewer's imagination rather than the FX department. They show you almost nothing, and what you imagine is far worse than what you see. That TV series "The X-files" did this well, and in movies one of the best examples was "The Sixth Sense" that was simply unbelievably creepy and scary. And also "The Ring."

Yes, please create as much as you can.
I too enjoy creating when I am in the mood. I'm not into horror so this is as far as I could go.:lol:

Some years ago I seem to have been far more free and enthusiastic with just playing around. Wherever I went I always had a pen or pencil and paper with me, and would sit and scribble whimsical sketches whenever I had time, e.g. during boring meetings at work, or while waiting in restaurants for food and drink to arrive. Isn't it weird how one can unlearn what is actually probably a very good habit? I am now absolutely terrified that my sketches will "not look good." That is what comes of too much discipline with classical drawing studies!

I am in any event not much of a classicist, it seems. The harder I try to produce really slick, professional looking work, the more I fail, and I end up with these terribly tentative, cramped drawings, devoid of any artistic merit. Of course, one does have to try to acquire an ability draw accurately, but one can apparently do too much of a good thing. And I have never had much success with anything besides very rapidly and roughly sketched work, where I can get the thing done before the internal critic has time to start his diatribes. ;-)

You know, there is a Chinese brush painting thread (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395394&page=22). I post most of my stuff there but not many people use it.

Ah, neat! I'll go have a look. I think one needs real Chinese brushes for this sort of thing, mind you, and I have never been able to get hold of any. When I ask art supply shops here whether they stock Chinese brushes they look at me as if I am from China, or possibly Mars, myself.

I have also had trouble getting hold of really good ink. The Indian ink they sell around here is terribly dilute or something: it is practically impossible to make a really dark mark with it. Even at full strength it makes only a pale, washed-out mark. I eventually resorted to making my own ink, and in some ways it actually works better. I put a demonstration of the process on my blog somewhere, but I'm having connection troubles again this morning, so now nothing will open and I can't find the post to refer you to it! But it is somewhere on there...

Here is actually a failed piece I was testing on for the soft pastel section of a certain lady in red for the october challenge and I test these things with oil pastel. So now I have horrified it.

Hehehe, neat. Salvaging a piece by turning it to horror. I like that. We should have Halloween every month.

gakinme
10-16-2009, 12:03 AM
Brian, you could get sumi ink, which is Chinese ink material, from online stores. Misterart sells a lot of fine Chinese brushes at a very low price. If you go to the last 10 pages of that Chinese brush painting thread, you'll see a lot of resources. I grind my ink at times but I could also substitute with bottled Chinese ink/sumi ink.

While I enjoy and copy from the masters, I don't like to copy exactly. It's too taxing for me. Come and post your sketches at my sketch thread. Anything goes at that thread. We could do with a few more participants. It's my motivational thread to sketch everyday.

You should be proud of your sketches and keep them well whether they are good or not. One of these days when you become famous, publishers would want to print your early sketches. LOL.

azulparsnip
10-16-2009, 12:54 AM
lots of fun stuff here- humorous too

brianvds
10-16-2009, 07:51 AM
Brian, you could get sumi ink, which is Chinese ink material, from online stores. Misterart sells a lot of fine Chinese brushes at a very low price. If you go to the last 10 pages of that Chinese brush painting thread, you'll see a lot of resources. I grind my ink at times but I could also substitute with bottled Chinese ink/sumi ink.

I have at times considered this, but our postal service is so unreliable that it cannot be used, so anything I order from overseas has to be couriered in at huge cost. We also suffer from an unfavourable exchange rate, which adds to the cost. But I'll think about it if I really want to get into Chinese art. I mostly just take some inspiration from it, notably the way in which Chinese artists do not hesitate to use clear outlines when it suits them.

While I enjoy and copy from the masters, I don't like to copy exactly. It's too taxing for me.

For me it is not just too taxing, it is impossible. I simply for the life of me cannot accurately and precisely draw what I see precisely as I see it. And I have been quite diligently practising for a good twenty years now. So I have now basically given up on that; I simply do not have the talent or the eye for classical work. But I still find it an extremely useful exercise to make copies after the masters, even if my copies are rather rough. I especially enjoy the great Renaissance masters, especially the early Renaissance, but also such work as Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel frescoes, substantial parts of which would not look out of place in a modern comic book or graphic novel! In fact, I should go check: there are bits of his "Last Judgement" fresco that are very suited to a Halloween thread...

Come and post your sketches at my sketch thread. Anything goes at that thread. We could do with a few more participants. It's my motivational thread to sketch everyday.

Okay, I'll see you there! Now wait, I can't remember which thread that is. It is one you refer to in this thread? I can't check now because I am on the 'reply' screen!

Update: just found it, so no further worries!
Oh, and here is my blog post on homemade ink. I'm rather proud of myself for this invention:

http://brianvds.livejournal.com/2007/10/18/

You should be proud of your sketches and keep them well whether they are good or not. One of these days when you become famous, publishers would want to print your early sketches. LOL.

Hehehe, they'll have to rush, because I do almost all my sketching on cheap computer printer paper, and it won't last - that sort of paper yellows and cracks with age. But I do keep my sketches: I have a whole box full of them stretching back several years. To my great regret I lost a previous box that included some of my very earliest attempts, including even a few I did in high school, way back in the early fourteenth century. ;-)

It is instructive to now and then look through old work: you are sometimes amazed at how much you have improved, but you also here and there notice things you got right then and has since unlearned.

trafford
10-16-2009, 08:43 AM
Ah! A recipe for Pumpkin Loaf Bread. Looks good too.

Good to look at drawings Sandra. If the gang gives the OK I was thinking of the Japanese Ukiyo-e art movement for our series in January. We'd revisit, but in another series.

Brian I'm glad you enjoyed my witches. They are more illustrations than anything and are fun to do. They make up for my lack of skill in shadows, perspective and the worst, fore shortening. We all have our crosses to bear. You do neat drapes and your "Small Sketchy Things" are light and lovely.
It's funny but your "Saint Sebastien" reminds me of the illustrations in a German scary book for children "Struwwelpeter" :lol:

gakinme
10-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Thank you, Janet. I look forward to January then.

Brian, very neat recipe there. Yep, Chinese ink is waterproof too because they also used soot for it plus a binder.

brianvds
10-16-2009, 10:48 PM
Brian I'm glad you enjoyed my witches. They are more illustrations than anything and are fun to do.

That could be, but in my opinion there is nothing inferior in illustration work. In fact, I often think it actually requires more skill and talent than so-called 'fine art,' in which one can these days get away with almost anything. Some of my all-time favourite art is illustration art. Your witches compare well to much professional work that I have seen.

They make up for my lack of skill in shadows, perspective and the worst, fore shortening. We all have our crosses to bear.

Hehehe, don't we all! I have yet to make much of a study of perspective, or anatomy. I'm lazy with that sort of stuff. It looks too much like work!

You do neat drapes and your "Small Sketchy Things" are light and lovely.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I have since produced quite a number of these small watercolours: I glue them to cards to make handmade greeting cards. Even managed to sell a few, which is of course a neat incentive to keep at it, and because they are after all only cheap greeting cards, I don't feel guilty about selling somewhat substandard work.

It's funny but your "Saint Sebastien" reminds me of the illustrations in a German scary book for children "Struwwelpeter" :lol:

Never heard of this fearsome character, so I plead innocent! Anyway, South Africa's history is already pretty scary in itself. You do not want to hear the story of the Retief massacre and its even more bloody aftermath!

I wish I had more time: I'm warming to this Halloween project and would have loved to do a bit more on it, but alas, next week I am back at work and then I often have neither time nor energy for drawing. On the other hand, if it's a quiet week, I sometimes get more drawing done at work than when I'm at home, so we'll see...

brianvds
10-16-2009, 10:53 PM
Thank you, Janet. I look forward to January then.

Brian, very neat recipe there. Yep, Chinese ink is waterproof too because they also used soot for it plus a binder.

I found that even used just like that, without a binder, it is remarkably waterproof. Not completely so, but it can withstand quite a bit of roughly brushing water across it without much effect on it. And I get much better darks than with the dilute tea or whatever it is they sell here as real India ink.

Now speaking of tea, I have seen some very neat drawings done with very unconventional inks, including such things as tea, coffee, soy sauce and so on. We should perhaps one day start such a fun thread here, and see what people come up with to use as unconventional inks and pigments.

gakinme
10-17-2009, 12:40 AM
Yes, I've done all three. The coffee ones have better stains. Soya sauce really smells strong. Tea has a lighter stain than soya sauce.

artbyjune
10-17-2009, 07:11 AM
I enjoyed that Japanese Ghost story. And that is a very good drawing too. I love the colours in the waist-band!

Brian, I took a look at your blog and I think your copies from masters are marvellous.

BTW, anyone is welcome to start a thread showing your own sketches....you can post it in the classical forum/or projects area. :thumbsup:

If you want to start an 'oriental-style- thread' here in the projects area...you can do that too, Sandra.:wave:

brianvds
10-17-2009, 12:36 PM
I enjoyed that Japanese Ghost story. And that is a very good drawing too. I love the colours in the waist-band!

Brian, I took a look at your blog and I think your copies from masters are marvellous.

Well, I'm glad someone thinks so! The more I copy after the masters, the more I learn just how far behind I am. But I guess learning a bit of humility is a good first step. ;-)

If you want to start an 'oriental-style- thread' here in the projects area...you can do that too, Sandra.:wave:

One could argue that Chinese brush painting is the oriental equivalent of classical art, so perhaps it is a good idea to start such a thread here.

gakinme
10-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Actually, Brian, you are right. I do think Chinese brush painting do belong to classical art. It is brush and ink. It doesn't fit in pen and ink section and it's not watercolor per se because it couldn't be reactivated. Watermedia was more or less a right place in terms of media.

Perhaps June, you should approach the guides and moderators of the watermedia to move the entire thread up here so that all the valuable information wouldn't be lost.

If it's too difficult, then we'll start a new thread and call it Oriental Art so I could also try imitations of Indian, Islamic and Turkish art one day on top of Chinese and Japanese art. There is not enough participation here to break them out into so many different threads. But that's just my impressions of this section.

What do you think, Robin, Janet?

brianvds
10-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Actually, Brian, you are right. I do think Chinese brush painting do belong to classical art. It is brush and ink. It doesn't fit in pen and ink section and it's not watercolor per se because it couldn't be reactivated. Watermedia was more or less a right place in terms of media.

Perhaps June, you should approach the guides and moderators of the watermedia to move the entire thread up here so that all the valuable information wouldn't be lost.

If it's too difficult, then we'll start a new thread and call it Oriental Art so I could also try imitations of Indian, Islamic and Turkish art one day on top of Chinese and Japanese art. There is not enough participation here to break them out into so many different threads. But that's just my impressions of this section.

What do you think, Robin, Janet?
Sounds like a neat idea: all those styles you mention ARE after all the classical tradition of those cultures. One can go so far as to create a whole subsection for non-western classical art here in the classical art section? Otherwise perhaps just a thread or two, perhaps making them stickies?

I guess 'classical art' is not very precisely defined anyway; in the projects here I notice that even some modernist movements are considered classical; some would dispute that. But why not be a bit more inclusive?

And speaking of disputed classical art, I just resurrected that Fauve thread with a scan I discovered on disk here. Go check it out, but do put on your welding glasses and some SPF 120 sunscreen first... ;-)

artbyjune
10-17-2009, 02:28 PM
Classical art from non-western cultures would indeed be appropriate in this forum.

Perhaps I could see about copying your original thread Sandra or would you prefer to start a new one?

gakinme
10-17-2009, 02:57 PM
June, you could actually copy a thread? Wow, that's quite a neat function.

If Classical Art from non-western cultures is the title, then, we should just start a new thread and I'll repost some of my work and resources in it.

Whatever is easier for all of you.

artbyjune
10-18-2009, 06:53 AM
OK Sandra...Post the thread when you are ready. I am looking foward to it very much as I studied art in anthropology (years ago)...mainly SE Asia...e.g., tribal arts of Sarawak and bark paintings of Australia. The world is our oyster to coin a phrase!!

artbyjune
10-20-2009, 09:13 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Oct-2009/106623-witch1a5k.jpg

Witch : time-out with her cat.:evil:

trafford
10-20-2009, 11:31 AM
Wonderful! Wonderful! June. The witch and cat are colorful and amusing too. Hope that you are sending this to your friends. :clap:

gakinme
10-20-2009, 06:17 PM
June, this witch looks so suave, so loving to its cat. They always are, aren't they, but when it comes to kids, perhaps they'll show a scarier self. Love her face and the cat on the receiving end looks so contented. They both look contented. Good colors too.

artbyjune
10-21-2009, 02:58 AM
It was fun to do and I think I'll send it off as a card this Halloween..although I've never sent a halloween card before!!

azulparsnip
10-22-2009, 09:52 PM
cool witch, June

brianvds
10-26-2009, 12:30 AM
Well, here I am, back from yet another exhausting week at work. I spent the whole week thinking about this Halloween thread, and more specifically, about how no one has yet said a word about Goya. Shame on us! Let us immediately remedy the situation, shall we?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Oct-2009/142294-183-8339_IMG.JPG

Oh, and I love that witch. This year, I am definitely getting into the Halloween spirit...

azulparsnip
10-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Oh, my YES ...Goya is perfectly outfitted for Halloween......

I haven't contributed yet but I think of ya'll everytime I see especially gory Halloween stuff........

gakinme
10-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Oh yes!!! Brian, you have improved on Goya's piece! Very nice!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: You gave it more refined details yet maintain the grotesqueness of it all. Good one! Welcome back too from your exhausting week. I got a day off today so I get to finally do some art.

azulparsnip
10-29-2009, 02:51 PM
a small contribution - this is a lawn display I saw I think that guy used to have another arm (last week) holding a chain leash for the insect but the insect must have eaten it.

brianvds
10-29-2009, 10:26 PM
a small contribution - this is a lawn display I saw I think that guy used to have another arm (last week) holding a chain leash for the insect but the insect must have eaten it.

Hehehe, that's the fun part about Halloween: all the cool decorations and stuff. With Christmas everyone is boringly respectful so everyone's decorations look the same. With Halloween, you can really let yourself go...

artbyjune
10-30-2009, 02:45 AM
Good point Brian. The unusual imagery in the lawn display...great show of indiviuality. That's a fun one Robin.

brianvds
10-30-2009, 04:03 AM
Well, here's another one of my little handmade greeting cards, not originally intended as a Halloween card, but I guess it can be used as one?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Oct-2009/142294-183-8342_IMG.JPG

trafford
10-30-2009, 07:59 AM
I think we've had a pretty good party.

Brian....Goya is perfect and I love frogs. Very nice little painting.

Robin...Eeeek!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

brianvds
10-30-2009, 03:09 PM
I think we've had a pretty good party.

Brian....Goya is perfect and I love frogs. Very nice little painting.

Robin...Eeeek!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

You are really tempting me to take up the old acrylics again. Nice piece!

And here's my Halloween decoration for tomorrow's Halloween party; it is sort of loosely copied after Arnold Böcklin's "Medusa":

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Oct-2009/142294-183-8345_IMG.JPG

artbyjune
10-31-2009, 01:56 AM
Super greeting Trafford! I love those spunky black cats.

I love your frog and your medusa, Brian. I think your nature work (flora & fauna) is excellent.

azulparsnip
11-01-2009, 11:55 AM
wild witch, Janet......martini, cats and warts - love those warts

Brian - good one, really makes me feel the despair