PDA

View Full Version : Serigraph Printing

mrgaric
09-03-2002, 02:43 PM
Does anyone know of a good book or website on the nuts and bolts of serigraph printing? I'm interested in useing a photographic technique.

Thanks

Gisela
09-03-2002, 10:50 PM
There's a great course in screenprinting put together by Andy McDougall at;

http://www.worldprintmakers.com/english/andymac/intro.htm

Also check out Andy's site at; www.squeegeeville.com

As for books, 'The Complete Printmaker', by Ross, Romanao and Ross has a very detailed section on screenprinting. Sassy turned me on to this book and, as far as I'm concerned, it is THE bible of printmaking! :)
I think I also have a book on screenprinting put out by Speedball, but I can't find it at the moment...I have way too many books. :rolleyes: If I remember right, it has a lot of info on photographic methods.

Hope this helps!

Gisela

mrgaric
09-04-2002, 10:14 AM
Thanks Gisela.
That looks like a good start for me.

sassybird
09-15-2002, 01:10 PM
Seriagraphs are not something that I got into much, but I saw some wonderful work by students when I was in college. They combined the serigraphs with other printmaking techniques that really gave them a unique look.

Andymac
04-17-2005, 01:05 PM
Just to remind artists, if you are inteterested in learning to screenprint your art, or want to produce serigraphs, I would invite you to check out some of the specialized courses we have put together.

We have 'Intro to Screenprinting', which will take you through the process from creating film using traditional drawing tools or the computer/inkjet printer to make films, to screens and exposing photostencils (I'll even show how to use the sun!) all about inks, and then printing on paper and fabrics and other materials. There is one course a month.

A second course, for teachers or people in the graphic trades who want to learn more advanced techniques and specialized applications, is called 'Graphic Applications of Screenprinting'. We have 3 of these courses going this summer.

Finally, our new 'Art Print Experience' is a one-on-one (or two, bring a friend!) chance to learn and then print a complete edition. We offer a package deal including accomodation. Visit one of the world's most beautiful locations, and produce something beautiful to take home with you! This is available year round.

To find out more, check our website www.squeegeeville.com and click on Training. If you are looking for an introductory tutorial FREE, click Print Info 'Free Tutorial'.

Good luck with your screenprinting - the world needs more serigraphs!

Regards,

Andy MacDougall
Courtenay, BC, Canada

:wave: :wave: :wave:

bridog
04-17-2005, 04:22 PM
Hello
I saw your query in regards to serigraph or silkscreen printing.
Here are 2 books I have in my own personal library of instructional/reference books.

Title: Screenprinting:Water-based Techniques - Non toxic methods for a safe environment
Author: Roni Henning
ISBN 0-8230-5644-9
Publisher: Watson Guptill 1994 (hard cover edition)
Note: This book is the one I would recommend for photographic techniques using serigraphy.

Title: The Complete Guide to Screen Printing
Author: Brad Faine
ISBN 0-89134-544-2
Publisher: North Light Books 1993 (paperback edition)

Hope this helps you out?

Tip: Hunt Speedball sell a light sensitive photo-emulsion kit that is fairly easy to use. I have used this product with great results for about 12 years now.