PDA

View Full Version : Friday Show and Tell

Crazy Woman
09-10-2009, 08:11 PM
I was fortunate to get to go to Glass Stock and took Deb Crowley's boro blown shells. They are so much fun to do. Still have a long way to go on them but I'm pretty pleased with these.

*Naos*
09-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Leslie - They look perfect to me already! That third one, with the Fire Opal color, is my fave! :)

Here's a Healing Hand - Olympia - for a somber anniversary...

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL248/1116383/22504168/373825779.jpg

Crazy Woman
09-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Thanks, Am! I've only made a total of 6 of the shells so far so..... Hopefully, they will evolve and become more shell like.

Wonderful bead to remember.... I will never forget that day...

anastasia_beads
09-11-2009, 02:14 AM
Good morning!
Wow, Leslie...your shells are glowing...awesome! And Amber...another fantastic piece!

A set from me..."Swan lake":

http://www.anastasiabeads.com/ebay/swanlake.JPG

Have a great day!

Anastasia

richsantaclaus
09-11-2009, 03:13 AM
Wowzers, what a start for the show guys!!!!! BEAUTIFUL work!!!!!

gingery
09-11-2009, 04:54 AM
Wow Leslie, when you start something, it certainly doesn't look like a beginner's work. I love that first because of the purple in it & the forth one. You could sell those! They are beautiful!
Amber, Olympia is a very fitting piece for today's anniversary. May I ask, is that Purple Lily's shards & if so, what colours did you use on what? You can answer me in a pm if you want....we're going to be working on shards for next month's challenge in our local lampworking group & I'm keeping my eyes open for good combos!
Anastasia, Swan Lake is devine! I feel like I've been to the ballet! It's so wonderful how the plumage seems to turn into flowers or ballerina netting. You've captured that so well! Lovely!
Thanks to each of you for your contributions....I appreciated the inspirition and your beautiful art.
Happy creating,:D
ginger:wave:

Astrid Riedel
09-11-2009, 05:54 AM
Lesley, Simply awesome, and if these are your first shells I can't wait to see more !!!!

Astrid

Ellen Altamore
09-11-2009, 08:19 AM
Les-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! The shells are fantastic. Yea, you!!!
Amber - your healing hands always make me feel so peaceful. Great colors.
Ana - "ice, ice, baby." Those are the words that came to my head when I looked at your bead.

sundaisy
09-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Leslie, WOW! Those are beautiful shells!!!
Amber, Such a powerful and beautiful bead.
Anastasia, Gorgeous set! I love the deep blue.

I have a couple implossion beads. I think these are going to be made into a lariet style necklace -
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Sep-2009/85991-100_2316.jpg

Crazy Woman
09-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Morning! Thank you for your kind words Anastasia, Ginger, Astrid, Ellen and Trish. Shells have been calling to me for a while but it was Deb Crowley's fantastic instructions that did it. I made 3 more yesterday. They seem to be like potato chips... can't have just one :-)

Anastasia ~ Swan Lake is incredible. You have such talent and patience.
Trish ~ Your implosions are great. Never did get the hang of those on mandrel.

boobiebeads
09-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Ana that set is most amazing - I love that you put a black guy in there!!! I can't imagine how long this took!!!

I have finally got my hands on some antique keys and am HOOKED - introducing my Skulleton key ;)

http://calienteglass.com/images/keyWEB.jpg

richsantaclaus
09-11-2009, 01:49 PM
The skull key is killer! Nice job!

CMode
09-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Leslie - amazing boro shells! They just look so incredibly realistic!
Amber - I just love those healing hand designs of yours - very touching, especially today.
Anastasia - that set is unbelievable! So much detail!
Trish - that golden set w/ the implosion beads took my breath away. It just popped right off the screen. I'd love to see them strung on a lariat necklace. :-)
Michelle - that skull key is fantastic!

Here's a couple more Diner beads from me:

crowkar
09-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Wowza everyone...the shells are great, the food looks yummo, implosions are great...and what a great bead for this day!

gubnavnania
09-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Yummy shells. Love the color.

Big and bold Pandora bead
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/gubby_design/bead213.jpg

LouiseI
09-12-2009, 07:27 AM
Only just getting to this,

Leslie your shells are gorgeous, that orange really makes them feel like they've come from some exotic island.

Amber this ones beautiful = I'm partial to the blues.

Ana you never cease to amaze me in the ways you think of incorporating your implosions - beautiful and clever!!

Trish I bet the necklace is going to look lovely, they are so bright and happy.

Michelle, yup, definitely like the skeleton key idea!

Christie - I was eating all night in my dreams otherwise these would be making me feel very hungry! I love how lemony the pie is.

Yunita that is a beautiful floral - very pretty colour combinations in it and your flowers are so perfect!! :eek:

anastasia_beads
09-13-2009, 03:29 AM
Thanks a lot for all the wonderful comments!

PaulaNC
09-13-2009, 11:21 AM
Wonderful show of beads!!
Am I allowed to repeat everything Louise said? :-))

Firefly Glass
09-13-2009, 12:13 PM
Everyone has done an awsome job.