PDA

View Full Version : 2009 "Transformation" Show

Kathryn Wilson
09-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Here's a link to the 2009 show:

http://www.oilpastelsociety.com:80/

Congratulations to all the winners. Excellent work everybody!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Barbara WC
09-05-2009, 09:33 PM
WOO HOO!!! I just was at the site, wonderful work everyone!

I recognized several Wet Canvas folks represented, and was happy that my virtual OP friends entered!

Herb- I'm glad you entered 3 of your "100 small" paintings.
Ed- Congratulations on the 2nd place for your canoe painting.
Sammy- Your roses shine.
Tatiana- Beautiful ice branches and pansies.
Robert- Love the cat and the Barn Swallow. Glad you entered both.
Pat- Lovely flower and I especially like the boats.
Wendy- As always, your landscape paintings are a joy to look at.

If I've forgotten anyone, my appologies. I looked at all the work and enjoyed it all!

This show is so inspiring to me. I hope to work hard this year to put in more than one piece next year, something more complex than I did this year.

Yippee for us all! I'll be putting the link on my facebook homepage. I only have 30 "friends", not hundreds like other people I know, but I know my friends will enjoy the show!

Thanks to the OPS volunteers that put the show together. Magnificant job!

Barbara Arrighi

E-J
09-06-2009, 10:24 AM
I am gobsmacked to have earned an Honorable Mention with the portrait of my daughter! Thank you so very much to the judge and to the OPS for this - it has made my summer. :)

I'll be spending this evening having a good look at everyone's entries. First glance tells me there is some really beautiful op work in this show!

Barbara WC
09-06-2009, 10:54 AM
Congratulations E-J! Lovely portrait, I love the expression on her face.

Barbara

Herb
09-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Congratulations to winners and entrants one and all! Thank you to the organizers and administrators for your efforts and for giving us the opportunity. Wendell must have had a difficult time of it! There are so many excellent works from which to choose. I know I will be studying them all and working towards (and looking forward to) next year's show.

Pat Isaac
09-06-2009, 11:16 AM
It is a great show!
Congratulations to Ed for your second place award. I love that painting.
Congratulations also to Stephanie for her third place award. Her work is exquisite.
Congratulations also to E-J for the HM of the charming portrait and to Wendy for the lovely landscape.
Great job to all of you WCers who entered.
Keep painting,

Pat

SammyH
09-06-2009, 12:25 PM
It is a wonderful show and my thanks to all who put in many hours to get it judged and posted so beautifully.

Congratulations to all who received awards, Ed, E-J, Stephanie. I felt surprised, honored and priviledged to have received an honorable mention in view of the quality of the work in this show.

marieUK
09-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Congratulations to all of you, a truly inspiring show. I know I will look at these over and over:)
:wave: Marie

Pat Isaac
09-06-2009, 12:41 PM
OMG, Sammy I missed your HM. Congratulations!!!!

Pat

Barbara WC
09-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Sammy, somehow I had also missed your HM also! I knew the flower was yours without looking at the name, and was admiring the photo, I didn't see the HM underneath! Congratulations!

Barbara

halthepainter
09-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Congratulations everyone. It is a beautiful show.

I see Sammy was going in incognito by signing her work Sam Hoppe. She thought she could hide from us. Congrats on the award.

I must be an honor even being in the show.

It's almost enough to make me want to join? :confused:

sundiver
09-12-2009, 05:58 PM
I am gobsmacked to have earned an Honorable Mention

That sums up how I felt when I saw my name there, too.
It's a gorgeous show and I can imagine it must have been extremely difficult to select a few from all that.
Oil pastels are coming into their own as a medium and the OPS show is an excellent testament to that.

fishfan
09-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Congratulations to all of us. We can be very proud and hold our tortillions high. As a further advance for the OP world, please check out http://www.usvisualartguide.com/new-best-of-oil-volume-ii/ Yours truly and Stephanie Neely are represented in a book on oil painting! There's another book for pastels which is also very impressive. Check it out. Ed

aolaranora
09-27-2009, 09:49 PM
Great job, everybody and congratulations... to all of us! We made it happened and it is very beautiful show! Time to start getting ready for another year!

BTW, I'm also very glad that Anita's work won. I love her animals portraits and sometimes feel like judges sort of ignoring this subject.... Well done, Anita!